Tickly Throat.

harmudge

Hi guy's,

I've been vaping since August 2012 and love it, wouldn't go back combusting....it tastes nasty.

I don't vape too much, normally a gram or two mainly at the weekends or however long the stash lasts...lol...what I have noticed though, is that after a night vaping I awaken quite often in the morning with a slightly sore and tickly throat....is this normal ?
I think that it's small particles from my grind coming through my EQ's screen and getting lodged at the back of my throat...but obviously don't know.
I hate the thought of inhaling small particles regardless of wither it's organic material or not.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else suffers this and if anyone has any insights as to wither I am correct in my thoughts or not.

harmudge,

ludwig

Sometimes I run my vapes at high temperature, I would get the same sensation. When I eased on the temperature, it went away for me.

But I do like the high temperatures so sometimes I just grab a cold cup of water in the morning and I usually feel fine after that.

ludwig,

harmudge

Yeah...that may be the cause.
I start at 200c then when that gets wispy I pump it up to 230c and then it goes into the ABV bowl for when the stash is finished....then it gets another grind and into the Cyclone bowl at 240c and then 260c and then it's binned.

harmudge,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I start at 140c, getting load of co2 from decarboxy at first hits that i exhale. Then I countinue vaping in 140-160 range, that gives 10-15 smooth thc-rich rips out ofa small 0.05g modded low-volume bowl. 190c for fast extraction (3 hits), 205c is my hi-temp for broader cannabinoid spectrum. I already got combustion twice on 210c. I must mention my EQ is performance modded, that increases it's actual temp by 15 or so, but even before modding 240c was enough toeasily char the whole bowl to black ash-like abv. As I've started using this low temperature, it became even more obvious that vaped herb doesn't need to imply brown color. At temps 140-175 I can slowly vape pretty much all the thc and the load will remain 100% green. But other cannabinoids would need higher temps with browning (180+).

ROSSTA

I think you are vaping at way to high of a temp. Also the sore threat or tickle is a sign of dehydration or you being dried out. Drink more water. I found that my Extrem Q also gave me that tickle when i first took up vaporizing. My NO2 gives me more of that sensation than my Q does. I bake my bowl as an elbow pack for 5 minutes at 195 C and hit it at 185 C. Then i stir it and get another great hit at 195C. I also love to hook my Q up to this beautiful double perc i have that a local Oregon blower made and i bake the weed at 215C and then hit it at 205 C and take hits up till 220C. Never combusted at 220C and never vaped higher than that.

ROSSTA,
Reactions: harmudge

harmudge

Thanks for the reply's guy's.

Maybe the temp I'm vaping at is too hot and causing the throat problems and I also agree on the dehydration ROSSTA...as some mornings after a decent vape I do feel a little parched and the coffee goes down extra easily...lol...but I agree with your comments.
The temp thing...I like to feel the vapour coming in and hitting my throat and lungs, if you follow what I mean...probably a throw back to my combusting days.
I have tried starting off at 185c, which I did get decent vapour but no real feeling of satisfaction...other than the feeling received from the goods being vaporised...I was still left looking for that throat/chest hit that combustors get from cigarettes which I too want.

harmudge,

ROSSTA

Yeah, then vape at a higher tempature. I am not an expert. In fact I am pretty new myself. I Got my Extreme Q over a year ago. Got it because I loved the idea of the Bag, whip option. Never vaporized before in my life so i started with the bag. Liked it okay but didnt satisfy me. Then I discovered this phorum, learned of the elbow pack and instantly found that to work well with the whip. Turning the fan on 3 while slowly drawing on the whip gave me huge thick hits of vapor that had me coughing almost. That was at 185 to 195C. Now I got rid of all my combustion pieces but one (for friends that come over and are impatient) and have a beatiful double perc that I hook up to my EQ with a short hose. Only way I really vape now. Love it. I have ordered a sherlock glass on glass bubbler with a custom hook up pull stem to fit my house from a local glass blower. He said 7-10 days but im on day 14 and getting anxious. LOL.

ROSSTA,

treeman

When I fully switched to vaping it took all of 10 days or so before I started getting a really sore throat. The addition of a water pipe has long since solved the problem.

treeman,

harmudge

Yeah I think it may help too...the things that have held me back from getting a bubbler so far are -
1) Cost, I like quality and generally for that, you need to pay.
2) I'm a bit OCD and like my vaping to be as tidy and stealthy as poss.
I know having the EQ sat on the living-room table is not very stealthy and if someone comes to the door it's a bit of a panic to try and clear...it would be even worse with a WT sat there too...:lol:

I did have a Cera on pre-order until I got fed-up with all the shinanigans going on and cancelled.
My plans for the Cera were for it to replace the EQ, and for it to be used with a WT...as I felt that the WT would still have to be cleared if un-expected visitors knocked on the door but the Cera would be stealthy as I already use an e-cig battery mod and that is pretty much what the Cera is too so it wouldn't look out of place sat on the table.

So maybe in the near future when either the Cera is readily available or when the DV Ascent finally get's released I'll re-visit that plan...;)

harmudge,

Tweek

Filtering through warm water was my cure.

Edit: I also found that if I let the vapor linger in the back of my throat before inhaling it deeply, I would get an irritated throat. Some folks don't realize they are doing this in the beginning.

Tweek,

harmudge

Edit: I also found that if I let the vapor linger in the back of my throat before inhaling it deeply, I would get an irritated throat. Some folks don't realize they are doing this in the beginning.

Could be a possibility Tweek, I have never thought about wither I do this or not...until now..;)

I just pulled on my EQ to see, and I think I do kind of let the vapor linger slightly...a possible throw back from combustion days maybe.
I'm on my first bowl of the day and I can kinda feel the feeling on my throat slightly already, I generally always get it first bowl and then the next day some days and some days not.

harmudge,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

That's exactly what I do...treat it as if I am smoking. Let it linger there and then slowly exhale and let it out through my nose, etc. Always dries me out vs a lung buster.

Tweek,
Top Bottom