THIS FORUM ROCKS!

Which FC forum do you like better?

• Total voters

sessnet

Noob Saibot
After a couple of days now, I like this new forum about 2.7633 times better than the old one. That is about 276.33% better, to me.

Old one: Simple, fast

New one: Professional, more things to interact with.

The small glitches/problems I did have, don't bother me much anymore!

Thanks FC Mods for all the hard work you do - rock on! :rockon:

sessnet,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Ha ha :) I was in love from the first moment.. Glad you got hooked too :p.

Abysmal Vapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I like the title to this thread much more than the last... :D

I agree. I think this software allows a lot more flexibility of use. And, while change is hard and I miss the "old school" look of the old forum, this change was really easy to get used to. I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Big kudos to vtac for going the distance to keep this forum as current and efficient as possible. :tup:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
With all the new features and especially the fact that prolonged 'away from computer' situations don't auto mark everything read... I really like this one better (says the guy who HATES change) ;)

smokum,
Reactions: sessnet

Nycdeisel

I , again, voted papa smurf. but i do like the new forum, though i loved the old one too. a new face i suppose :peace:

Nycdeisel,

bruno13

insomniac
I like this one better, but is there a way to make the 'read unread post' arrow larger? It always takes me about 3 or 4 tries to actually click on it on my iPad.

bruno13,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Old one for looks, new one for all the added options and gadgets to play with.

Also, I'd like to put in a motion to have the word 'pussycat' added to the 'what's new' forum-link-thingie.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I like this one better, but is there a way to make the 'read unread post' arrow larger? It always takes me about 3 or 4 tries to actually click on it on my iPad.
You don't have to click the actual arrow that indicates new posts in the thread.... you can just click the thread title and it will take you to the first unread post.
:peace:

Stu,

bruno13

insomniac
You don't have to click the actual arrow that indicates new posts in the thread.... you can just click the thread title and it will take you to the first unread post.
:peace:

oops, my bad, thanks.

bruno13,

vape4life

Banned for life
Is it just my computer? I click on a thread, and have to wait 15-20 seconds for it to open? FC is completely unusable on the iphone too whether 3g or on wifi. Used to be flawless. Hopefully this will improve in time, otherwise a huge downgrade IMO.

vape4life,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
^ I have that problem as well. I used to open a couple of threads at a time, but that will bring my netbook to a standstill nowadays. My only gripe though.

WatTyler,

Adobewan

Still getting used to it, but I'm old.
THanks for the upgrade, I know I will catch up.

@OhTheAgony
One vote for the addition of "pussycat" but come on, add " Woe, awoe, awoe, woe!"
And that's one great avatar bro, really funny!

Adobewan,

vape4life

Banned for life
^ I have that problem as well. I used to open a couple of threads at a time, but that will bring my netbook to a standstill nowadays. My only gripe though.

It's faster on my PC, but not like it was on the old FC (when there weren't server issues). Iphone completely unusable...feels like a dial up 56k connection on win98 or something lol

vape4life,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You said 15-20 seconds to open a thread here. How long does it take there?

Also, does it always take 15-20 seconds here?

pakalolo,

vape4life

Banned for life
You said 15-20 seconds to open a thread here. How long does it take there?

Also, does it always take 15-20 seconds here?

No, not always... the present forum actually works pretty decent on the laptop most of the time, however it always sucks on the handheld. The other forum is pretty snappy, not perfect, and acceptable on the handheld.

vape4life,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
No, not always... the present forum actually works pretty decent on the laptop most of the time, however it always sucks on the handheld. The other forum is pretty snappy, not perfect, and acceptable on the handheld.

Yep. My only gripe about this forum is that it's a little slower than the old one on my phone - which I use to access FC about 90% of the time. When that mobile version comes out I'll be one happy guy.

Peloton,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Seems to be working quite well for me (after the DNS resolution) on both laptop and Galaxy S II phone.

BigDaddyVapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
@OhTheAgony
One vote for the addition of "pussycat" but come on, add " Woe, awoe, awoe, woe!"
And that's one great avatar bro, really funny!

I like to do that in my head Adobewan, just like I said 'Kenobi' in my head when I typed out your FC name just now or how I always say the third 'R' of J.R.R. as a pirate inside my head (sometimes I even add a 'matey' as well). I'm just weird like that.

Besides, it'll probably take up to much space if they have to make the link that long though, not that I'm opposed if the great Vtac does decide to go that way.

Idk man, I just threw some old pieces of iron together and that is how it came out. I think it is trying to tell me something, but so far I haven't really been listening yet.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom