Discontinued ThermoVape

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Quite nice Kaptan! :cool:

Nice glass too, bro! A lil bit 'o silicone tube, an EQ elbow, and some bubbly bubbly glass! :ninja: Nice weekend to you sir!!! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

TheBaron

Ok you guys successfully convinced me, ordered and it will be here Wednesday. I've been looking for a solid solution better than the MFLB (don't get me wrong, it's a lovely little device but it feels way too much like something Thomas Edison would have invented).

TheBaron,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
TheBaron said:
Ok you guys successfully convinced me, ordered and it will be here Wednesday. I've been looking for a solid solution better than the MFLB (don't get me wrong, it's a lovely little device but it feels way too much like something Thomas Edison would have invented).
Congratulations!

BudBuddy said:
Sipping on some Cherry Kush over here, couldn't be happier with the taste. Mmm Mmmm
Yum....

towelieeeee said:
So quiet... is this the sound of everyone happily enjoying their T1? :)
That would be our plan! :D

SameOldTim,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Hey Tim, is there an ETA on the ceramic filter that you guys were working on. Thinking about how one or two of them could be potentially put into the herb chamber with some BHO and vaped.

BudBuddy,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
BudBuddy said:
Hey Tim, is there an ETA on the ceramic filter that you guys were working on. Thinking about how one or two of them could be potentially put into the herb chamber with some BHO and vaped.

Shouldn't be too far away, just working out a few things. We will have an update when it gets closer.

SameOldTim,

OF

ThermoCoreTim said:
BudBuddy said:

Shouldn't be too far away, just working out a few things. We will have an update when it gets closer.

Really? And here I thought the filter was a filter. That is it will go in above the works to catch debris from the vapor stream not some sort of accessory to use concentrates. When did this all happen? I must have been taking a nap?

Is there still a plan for a debris filter for the serious medical folks that need it?

ReapsTwo said:
Still waiting on mine. FedEx tracking hasn't updated in 3 days :mad:

They've been too busy testing your unit for you to bother with updates. Very through and dedicated bunch, those FedEx guys, they'll be updating you as soon as the testing is complete.....

OF

OF,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
OF said:
Really? And here I thought the filter was a filter. That is it will go in above the works to catch debris from the vapor stream not some sort of accessory to use concentrates. When did this all happen? I must have been taking a nap?

Is there still a plan for a debris filter for the serious medical folks that need it?

OF

I was just mentioning them because I read about them in the archive. They were intended for medical patients who need it most definitely, self included, just thinking about alternate uses.

My thinking is if its is ceramic and coarse like the ceramics they already use, which I think could be cut from leftovers from making thermo cores. and revolution pieces. I wonder if they could soak up a little oil and let heat pass through/around them vaporizing. Sort of a smokeless/nicotine-less hookah shisha which uses quartz crystals soaked in glycerin that I have used and enjoyed.

BudBuddy,
Just got my TV the other week.
Been lurking a while and I think this is the best way to sum up how I feel; I've glad I've gotten the chance to support you guys by being a customer and I really hope you are as successful as you want to be and with whatever you are aiming for. I will be buying more stuff from you.
I'm pretty sure it's improved my quality of life a bit. The mix of never needing to worry about breaking it, it spilling, any sort of exposed heating element and it being so small allows me have it with me at all times. Now that I have a vaporiser with me at all times I can vape whenever I would like. I needed that.

Only problem so far is it seems one of the batteries is broken.

Also any word on that usb charger that was talked about before?
I'm planning on picking up some more batteries but this is still what I would think is its biggest weakness and should be improved.
Don't get me wrong, I love the TV and it was worth the money; I just want to vape right now but all my batteries are out of juice. :p

By the time I finished writing this my batteries were charged! Wooo!

NeverClever,

OF

BudBuddy said:
My thinking is if its is ceramic and coarse like the ceramics they already use, which I think could be cut from leftovers from making thermo cores. and revolution pieces. I wonder if they could soak up a little oil and let heat pass through/around them vaporizing. Sort of a smokeless/nicotine-less hookah shisha which uses quartz crystals soaked in glycerin that I have used and enjoyed.

Interesting idea, don't know the shisha crystals you talk about. Volcano also uses a metal pad for this same use, perhaps a clever guy could try that?

However, I don't think the idea of using scraps or random stuff from the cores will work. The sponge like stuff in Revolution comes as pieces in trays from somewhere 'back East' (I've seen it), the body of the core and the support rod in the center of the coils are entirely different materials. The upcoming filters I'm sure will be yet a different ceramic (selected for that use) and will not be available as scrap (you either mold ceramics to size or machine them away removing dust) in any event.

I like the idea, and it could work way past T1. Some sort of granular version of the 'sponge ceramic' you could infuse with oil, vape for a while, then boil clean again??? Cool.

NeverClever said:
Only problem so far is it seems one of the batteries is broken.

Also any word on that usb charger that was talked about before?
I'm planning on picking up some more batteries but this is still what I would think is its biggest weakness and should be improved.
Don't get me wrong, I love the TV and it was worth the money; I just want to vape right now but all my batteries are out of juice. :p

Bummer you've got a dead battery, lucky you've got a few spares or you'd really be up the proverbial creek.

For sure the batteries are a limiting factor. I think everyone wants more, here and in our love lives. Perhaps other places. The problem is there is only one model from only one maker that is even this good. The demands on that tiny battery to delver 30 watts (more than a typical soldering iron for reference) are not easily met. For now, that model is the best there is. Remember, too, MFLB has basically the same limitation and a HUGE following....it's not it seems a fatal flaw?

That also means there's only a single charger made (by that single maker of those unique batteries that need charging....). Lucky for us it's a 12 VDC deal, so we have some options. The USB accessory is a 'pass through' not a charger as I understand. It would go in where the battery and tube now are, replacing them. I'm anxious to see how this is going to happen, when I went to school you couldn't take 5 Watts out of a USB port and put 30 of that into a load. We'll, OK, there weren't any USB ports back in the dark days (nor personal computers to hang them on, come to think of it), but I think you get the idea. IF/when TV pulls this off it'll clearly be time to buy that Bait and Tackle Shop in Marina del Ray......

Until then, 'keep your batteries charged, and our powder dry'. Maybe that should be "ground bud dry"?

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Manufacturer
OF said:
ThermoCoreTim said:
BudBuddy said:

OF
That is what's in the works

SameOldTim,

towelieeeee

secret stoner
OF said:
That also means there's only a single charger made (by that single maker of those unique batteries that need charging....). Lucky for us it's a 12 VDC deal, so we have some options. The USB accessory is a 'pass through' not a charger as I understand. It would go in where the battery and tube now are, replacing them. I'm anxious to see how this is going to happen, when I went to school you couldn't take 5 Watts out of a USB port and put 30 of that into a load. We'll, OK, there weren't any USB ports back in the dark days (nor personal computers to hang them on, come to think of it), but I think you get the idea. IF/when TV pulls this off it'll clearly be time to buy that Bait and Tackle Shop in Marina del Ray......

Until then, 'keep your batteries charged, and our powder dry'. Maybe that should be "ground bud dry"?

OF

Could some arrangement of capacitors and voltage/power regulators possibly provide the 5->30 step? As you can see, I'm not an electrical engineer... just wondering aloud. :)

towelieeeee,
OF said:
Bummer you've got a dead battery, lucky you've got a few spares or you'd really be up the proverbial creek.

For sure the batteries are a limiting factor. I think everyone wants more, here and in our love lives. Perhaps other places. The problem is there is only one model from only one maker that is even this good. The demands on that tiny battery to delver 30 watts (more than a typical soldering iron for reference) are not easily met. For now, that model is the best there is. Remember, too, MFLB has basically the same limitation and a HUGE following....it's not it seems a fatal flaw?

OF
Indeedily.

Thank you so much for the explanation, I know TV did a really good one before but it's been quite a while since I read it and to was to lazy to go over it again... Sorry. <.<;

How can cell phones last so long when they are quite power hungry? I would think it would cost more but I would be willing to pay very well for a way to have a super battery or such. :p

NeverClever,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
NeverClever, you are at the pinnacle in battery technology now. The LiFePO4 chemistry is the same that is used in hybrid vehicles now so, thats it until someone develops a more energy dense power cell. A cell phone battery doesn't have to dump its power so quickly and that is what we are going for in this situation, as well as no memory and the batteries ability to withstand punishing use.

t-dub,
Ahhhh, that makes sense! I guess I was just horribly underestimating how much power this little guy drinks. Thank you!

Pardon me, I should have just went through TV's comment history and found it like that. :p

NeverClever,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Your welcome, no pardon necessary, we are hear to help. One thing I do is let the batteries cool down after discharge before putting them in the charger. I'm hoping this will ease their pain a bit. We are definitely going to see power cell deaths however because of the nature of our application/use.

t-dub,

OF

t-dub said:
We are definitely going to see power cell deaths however because of the nature of our application/use.

What you just said! No way we're going to get the lifespan guys that aren't flogging their batteries like we are will. Forget a thousand cycles. Forget several hundred, I'll be happy with a hundred or two.

I know guys will complain about the few dollars for replacement batteries, but consider how many hundreds of dollars of oil they will vape for us over that lifespan. Who knows, maybe by then other options will be available?

OF

Edit: Typo

OF,

Sir

Intellectual Badass
Alright, finally got around to making an account. I was perusing the first several pages, and got up to page 14 before deciding to post xD

I bought my Thermovape two days ago from Greatfulbuys.com, as they accept paypal, and am basically just reading the comments, finding reviews, and watching whatever videos I can find to pass the time. It should show up here tomorrow or Friday, and honestly, I can't wait. It will be my first vape, and it look to be amazing.

Thanks Thermovape~

Sir,

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
I have run across some 3.2 volt, 1200 mah LiFePo4 on the internet and was curious if these would work in the T1? The reason for the question is the original batteries are 3.0 volts, 750 mah, and I did not want to damage the coils by adding .4 volts to the circuit. Will adding .4 volts to the 6 volt circuit damage the coil? If the voltage would not damage the coil, the battery life would almost double. Or is the discharge capacity different on the 1200mah batteries and would not allow enough current to heat the coil to proper temp. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Dogman,

OF

Dogman said:
I have run across some 3.2 volt, 1200 mah LiFePo4 on the internet and was curious if these would work in the T1? The reason for the question is the original batteries are 3.0 volts, 750 mah, and I did not want to damage the coils by adding .4 volts to the circuit. Will adding .4 volts to the 6 volt circuit damage the coil? If the voltage would not damage the coil, the battery life would almost double. Or is the discharge capacity different on the 1200mah batteries and would not allow enough current to heat the coil to proper temp. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

That's the right chemistry, the factory battery for T1 is actually a bit over 3.0 volts, typically listed as "3.2 Volts Nominal":
http://www.all-battery.com/rcr123a30v750mahlifepo4rechargeablebattery.aspx

However, batteries with that much capacity I can find are all larger than the factory 123 cell, is the one you're looking at a 123 cell? It's also important to remember that capacity isn't everything, it has to be able to deliver seriously high currents to meet our needs (over spec in fact), the same maker's 900 mAh version won't work......

I'd stick with the factory selection, their Engineers have search engines too and have considered all the batteries available. Or so they say.....and I guess I trust them on that?

Try 'em if you want I guess, but I'd check the size first and make sure you can get two in the T1.

Kaptan said:
Futuretvowner said:
This is alarming http://www.naturalnews.com/035026_e-cigarettes_explode_teeth.html they said it was "cigar shaped and had it had extra batteries and a charger... This sounds like the tv.... I'm worried...
I just read the article and it doesn't sound like they are referring to the TV at all. It sounds like a standard Ecig. The TV doesn't use Lithium batteries either. They are LifePO4.

I'm right there with you. The flavor of the article is definitely anti vaping in general and is trying to scare folks away with comments about "unregulated" flavorings, warnings it could blow up "like a hand grenade" and my personal favorite:

"the side effects of nicotine and propylene glycol are enough to scare you straight! Combine these detrimental chemicals with a chance of the e-cig "bottle rocket incident," and you may just be the next victim on the popular Spike TV show "1,000 Ways to Die."

Heavy emphasis on scare.

With such objective reporting I don't doubt for an instant that if it was a T1 (or any oil vape for that matter) we'd be treated to rants about 'crack pipes', killer weed and all. And, frankly, given the typical lack of love between e-cig and oil vapers I'm sure the e-sig guys would happily throw is off the sleigh if they could.....

The batteries used in T1 are individually protected, the chance of a reverse charging faillure (like what seems to have happened here with unprotected cells) 'can't happen'.

OF

OF,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
^+1 that's doesn't seem like it's about the TV. If it was a MMJ device I'm sure that it would have been stated quite clearly.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Top Bottom