Discontinued ThermoVape

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Bluntcrush said:
Hey TV-
How about if Thermoessence make a "decoy" flashlight head attachment, so that in the event it is ever scrutinized it would be hard to discover it was a vaporizer. :ninja:

They've already said they'll be making a real working flashlight attachment :D

MarcellusWiley,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Don't know how I missed that they were doing the flashlight in this thread...I thought I dreamed it. :lol: As far as me being divergent in my processes, I have been known to go a little overboard. (haha) but thanks!

Bluntcrush,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
I have to join in and say that a power adapter would vastly expand the potential consumer base of this product simply because it eliminates what many would believe to be one of its only restrictions: having to wait for batteries to charge when their all dead.

Glad to see your working on coming out with this!

May I ask what a possible price range for the power adapter would be?

the magic flights costs almost as much as the unit it's self which is a real deterrent.

PhishCactus,

2clicker

Observer
PhishCactus said:
I have to join in and say that a power adapter would vastly expand the potential consumer base of this product simply because it eliminates what many would believe to be one of its only restrictions: having to wait for batteries to charge when their all dead.

Glad to see your working on coming out with this!

May I ask what a possible price range for the power adapter would be?

the magic flights costs almost as much as the unit it's self which is a real deterrent.

the power adapter would really make this more appealing, but what about it getting hot using wall juice?

2clicker,

ctweips

2clicker said:
the power adapter would really make this more appealing, but what about it getting hot using wall juice?

I'm no electrician but in theory I feel like it would be possible to only have power running through the heating core when the ignition is pushed forward.

ctweips,

MacRadish

PhishCactus said:
its only restrictions: having to wait for batteries to charge when their all dead.

FWIW, I don't have any dead batteries with the TV, they are either in use or charging. No wait time here.

I don't feel battery charging time is a TV restriction. It's what it is.

MacRadish,
I had a question. I was about to make a vegetable glycerin based tincture. On the website under the Revolution it says "This is NOT the kit for enjoying vegetable glycerol (recommended) or propylene glycol vaporizer liquids". Is that just talking about that e-liquid stuff or does it apply to my home-made tincture as well? I was planning on getting the Revolution, but I was just trying to clear this up. Thanks.

goodgreenganja,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
goodgreenganja said:
I had a question. I was about to make a vegetable glycerin based tincture. On the website under the Revolution it says "This is NOT the kit for enjoying vegetable glycerol (recommended) or propylene glycol vaporizer liquids". Is that just talking about that e-liquid stuff or does it apply to my home-made tincture as well? I was planning on getting the Revolution, but I was just trying to clear this up. Thanks.
Yes this applies to your tincture also, the rev is meant for actual concentrates and im guessing it would both not hold your tincure well and burn too hot for a VG based tincture, dont hold me to this as i havent looked at the data in a long time but at a certain temperature threshold im pretty sure VG releases some toxic compounds, the high res Ecig Atomizer would he a better bet than the rev

SF Giant,

Bluntcrush

You would need the E-liquid adapter to use a vegetable glycerin (or PG) juices. I have done a fair amount of experimentation with making an vg juice that contains THC and even though it is possible to make, you would not likely get very medicated from it (unless you were a super light weight. :cool: The THC E-juices sold in pre loaded e cig carts (sold in dispensaries in CA.) contain an evaporated alcohol product combined with other (probably inert) chemicals (such as salicylic acid) to create a bonding agent to the THC that when vaporized at the right temp releases the THC into the vapor. In this case even home made concentrates like BHO, Bubble hash or Qwiso would be for use with the Revolution.

Hope that helps. There is an e-cig juice thread in the forum that a simple search will reveal. A few of us have made attempts to make something like this at home, but I think the ratio of herb to VG or PG is wasteful because the end product does not come out very strong. :(

Bluntcrush,

Bluntcrush

You would need the E-liquid adapter to use a vegetable glycerin (or PG) juices. I have done a fair amount of experimentation with making an vg juice that contains THC and even though it is possible to make, you would not likely get very medicated from it (unless you were a super light weight or you administered it by eating it) :cool: The THC E-juices sold in pre loaded e cig carts (sold in dispensaries in CA.) contain an evaporated alcohol product combined with other (probably inert) chemicals (such as salicylic acid) to create a bonding agent to the THC that when vaporized at the right temp releases the THC into the vapor. In this case even home made concentrates like BHO, Bubble hash or Qwiso would be for use with the Revolution.

Hope that helps. There is an e-cig juice thread in the forum that a simple search will reveal. A few of us have made attempts to make something like this at home, but I think the ratio of herb to VG or PG is wasteful because the end product does not come out very strong. :(

Here is one thread- http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=889&p=6

Bluntcrush,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
So...I got too used to this:

1. Use Revolution mouthpiece on TV (Rev mouthpiece has a much smaller hole ).
2. Sandwich of BB size/fine/BB size
3. Pull as hard as shit
4. Enjoy hugest clouds I've been able to make!!

Yesterday I was pulling hard as hell!!! And somehow I managed to suck in what seemed like a huge piece, through the tiny holes!!

It shot through the hole and hit me in the back of my throat, almost made me gag. :ko:

Self-reminder to clean it more regularly! And to try find a way to use a screen....

sessnet,

mephisto

Hey Sess,
Thanks for the advice, I tried the rev tip in the TV. Much better production!!. Now it is just a matter
of keeping the holes clean since the whole outer ring is now blocked by the mouthpiece.
Good lookin' out

mephisto,

Bluntcrush

Just got my e-cig adapter. I think I remember TV (or someone) saying that if you are hearing pops and crackles that the AVA is running lean. Should I just add more juice until it stops or will it settle down after the core absorbs it over time? I already added about 8 drops, and I don't want to mess anything up. Great puffs so far though and the flavor is YUMMY!!!! Plus now everyone will be used to me hitting this thing all day so when I am just using the T1 no one will suspect...
:brow: :cool: :D

Bluntcrush,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Bluntcrush said:
Just got my e-cig adapter. I think I remember TV (or someone) saying that if you are hearing pops and crackles that the AVA is running lean. Should I just add more juice until it stops or will it settle down after the core absorbs it over time? I already added about 8 drops, and I don't want to mess anything up. Great puffs so far though and the flavor is YUMMY!!!! Plus now everyone will be used to me hitting this thing all day so when I am just using the T1 no one will suspect...

I would hold off at 8, in fact I think that might verge on flooding it. Don't worry about hurting it, the only repercussion from flooding it is a little mess when the "well" is overwhelmed.

Under normal conditions the AVA will "sizzle". In fact I routinely hold it up to my hear to gauge the charge left in my batteries. Watch out though, once you develop the habit of listening for battery power with the AVA you will find yourself listening to you ThermoVape T1..

Cheers,
ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

jeff

Bluntcrush said:

AVA? Define?

jeff,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
jeff said:
Bluntcrush said:

AVA? Define?

The AVA stands for Apex Vapor Atlmizer. It is the liquid atomizer we use to convert the ThermoVape to a high perormance e-cig. This is the Atomizer that comes with the liquid vaporizer adapter kit available on our website. It is a all American made atomizer, manufactured by our sister company, Apex Vapor.

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,
I'm new to the forum and purchased my Thermovape because of the great feedback and reviews. I have only used an old vape bors box style vaporizer before receiving my TV on Monday. I wanted to thank everybody for being for ellaborate in your discriptions.
I have a concern that I ned help with. I have full charged the batteries and installed them correctly. Or so I thought. But when I turn on the TV, the heater core warms up, glows orange and then poof, its out like a light. I keep holding the switch and it repeats. Like it is pusling on and off.
Anybody have any words of wisdom?

inkedleo88,

PB88123

Vaporist
inkedleo88 said:
I have a concern that I ned help with. I have full charged the batteries and installed them correctly. Or so I thought. But when I turn on the TV, the heater core warms up, glows orange and then poof, its out like a light. I keep holding the switch and it repeats. Like it is pusling on and off.
Anybody have any words of wisdom?

You need to hold the switch up the whole time you want it on. It sounds like you hold the switch up and once it glows orange you let go and that's why it goes out.

If you are holding the switch up the whole time and it randomly goes out that is the first I've heard of this happening.

PB88123,
I litterally couldn't even finish my resonse before receiving a call from Nate at Thermo Essense and her walked me through everything I needed to do to solve my issue. Stand up company and I am impressed with their attention to customer service.

inkedleo88,

Bluntcrush

ThermoVape said:
Bluntcrush said:

I would hold off at 8, in fact I think that might verge on flooding it. Don't worry about hurting it, the only repercussion from flooding it is a little mess when the "well" is overwhelmed.

Under normal conditions the AVA will "sizzle". In fact I routinely hold it up to my hear to gauge the charge left in my batteries. Watch out though, once you develop the habit of listening for battery power with the AVA you will find yourself listening to you ThermoVape T1..

Cheers,
ThermoVape

Thanks TV,

Yes it still sizzles a little but it works fine. I used one of the short (included) mouth pieces and the draw seems a little bubbly and slightly restricted but it sure does produce tasty vapor!!! :D I noticed in one of the vids you showed another type of battery (longer) used for low resistance atomizers. I got a lot of puffs off a set of fresh batts, but I am wondering if you guys might develop a special e-cig (long lasting ) battery? To me the solution would be twofold. You could keep your e-cig batt in your kit (being able to tell it apart for T1 batts) and also since it takes more hits to drain the batts for the juice adapter, you could "hot swap" them when switching attachments. Does that make sense??

Thanks again for the quick reply!

Bluntcrush,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Can someone who gets particularly big hits with the TV thanks to technique post up a video or 2? I just want to see it. A week or 2 away from being ABLE to purchase a TV, should I become convinced its right for me.

darkrom,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Just finished a Skype session with the man himself, Nate. Unfortunately, I have the second defective heater core! No worries though, I accepted the offer to have one overnighted to my doorstep (and not by USPS, at that!)

This is just part of what can happen with a new product, and a new company... there's 2 reported heater core failures (so far) out of who knows how many thousand. But wow, what great customer service. I feel confident in a company that is always easy to reach, and willing to stand behind their products 100%.

Peloton,

Bluntcrush

Should you be able to unscrew your heater core (for cleaning) by hand?? I sure cant (I feel like a little baby! :lol:) I don't want to use a tool for fear of scratching my beautiful bowl!!!! :(

Bluntcrush,
Top Bottom