Discontinued ThermoVape

OF

hogleg said:
well my experience has taught me differently if a product is so strong then there should be very little breakage and you can and would want to screen breakage to find out how and why things happen and your exaple of a car bttery would easily be identified.

I'm still not communicating it seems, perhaps better to just give up? OK, one more try. Yes, the part is most likely reliable in normal use. Abuse can lead to fraud on owners part. This is known, and has to be factored in. The longer the period, the greater the risk. The greater the risk, the higher the cost of business. The higher the cost of business, the higher the cost to the end user. They could offer a lifetime guarantee and probably cover it by what? Doubling the price? Maybe 'only' 25%? Rub is also in how to predict that, they'd have to be conservative (meaning we loose out price wise). The major risk I see is not with legitimate breakage.

And if you know exactly how my "exaple of a car bttery would easily be identified", would you be so kind as to relate how? I won't question your experiences, but mine include a lot of work in this exact area and I'd welcome some new insight in how an overvoltage induced failure can be identified beyond reasonable doubt.

TIA

OF

OF,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Sorry I have been gone so long from this thread but a week of testing, followed by my first oil hit on the Revolution, left me in need of a break. My spouse is tired of me being "over-medicated" all the time, this is on the T1 folks. I believe I mentioned in my review the "angle of the dangle" I called it, its important so experimentation is key. ALSO I mentioned before that environment is important. I used my T1 after using my indoor spa and the HUMIDITY made a huge difference in the technique I had to utilize. If you are getting the unit too hot your technique is at issue I would guess.

@Hogleg, your comments show inexperience is all, I think disagreement with your ideas has been civil and to the point. If you are going to cross brains with OF you had better come well prepared in your thoughts.

Getting ready to go mobile tomorrow so first road/trail/mountain use is coming. Going to boil everything for the second time right now. Its easy, effective, and improves performance of the hardware. I also wholeheartedly agree that this device is for a medical not a recreational user.

t-dub,

hogleg

@Hogleg, your comments show inexperience is all, I think disagreement with your ideas has been civil and to the point. If you are going to cross brains with OF you had better come well prepared in your thoughts.

inexperience in what?

hogleg,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Have a good trip, t-dub. I look forward to your wilderness testing results. :brow:

I've been guilty of a little overmedicating myself as I test this device out. I really enjoy the modularity of the unit as it is so easy to load some fresh flowers, enjoy a bowl and quickly swap out the herb chamber for a nice BHO hit in a matter of seconds. I suppose this is the root cause of my overmedication, but when the new toy factor wears off, I think I'll be able to control myself.

:peace:

Stu,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

OF said:
CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
Well first, what kind of failure is it? Is it going to be a catastrophic failure and just one day crap out? Or is it going to be a slow degrading until it finally stops working? Well if its a slow degrading process will the products i put into it still get up to the proper temperature to vaporize? Also how will i know when its is time to change one? And will be able to tell if its the batteries that have reached the end of there life span and not the core? So obviously everyone that has one will have to buy a $90 dollar heater core as a back up so one day we wont be stuck with a non usable device until a new one ships.

OK, here's an insight for you that might help. There are two heaters in the core in parallel. They are standing on end as you look down into it. Such devices typically 'fail to open', that is the physically get a break in the wire (the failure is an open circuit). This will, however, only kill one side dropping the output to 15 watts. I'm not at all sure you couldn't limp along on that, although I'd not like to find out the hard way. But that's how a heat core failure would no doubt work, a sudden drop the half power and the 'glow' inside would be one sided. Batteries going out give shorter service life per charge generally, getting weak.

As long as the glow is normal, and 'hits per charge' what you're used to you're doing fine.

I'm not at all sure about "obviously everyone that has one will have to buy a $90 dollar heater core as a back up so one day we wont be stuck with a non usable device until a new one ships". For sure I'm not convinced that it won't limp along on 'one lung' OK (or than most guys have some alternate vapes around?). And I think saying "everyone will have to buy a $90 heater core....." is clearly not true. Without asking TV if they've ever even sold one, I have to say at least the huge majority of happy owners have not had to do this.

I think you're chasing a non existent issue. A true strawman of the first stripe. Fact is, so far, no such failures.

OF

This is quoted from Thermo Essence's website description of the replacement Heater Core " If you the kind of person who likes to keep a spare part around to make sure your vaporizer is always going to be ready to go, then you probably want to have one of these on the shelf for rainy days." I was just saying that if you own a Thermovape or Revolution and intend to keep it. Then i think it would be wise to have a back up. Even Thermo Essence is basically saying that you should.

FYI to Thermo Essence there are a lot of miss spellings on your website. Not saying I'm an English major. My use of grammar is terrible most of the times. But for an example from the above quote " If you the kind of person."

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
t-dub said:
Sorry I have been gone so long from this thread but a week of testing, followed by my first oil hit on the Revolution, left me in need of a break. My spouse is tired of me being "over-medicated" all the time, this is on the T1 folks. I believe I mentioned in my review the "angle of the dangle" I called it, its important so experimentation is key. ALSO I mentioned before that environment is important. I used my T1 after using my indoor spa and the HUMIDITY made a huge difference in the technique I had to utilize. If you are getting the unit too hot your technique is at issue I would guess.

Getting ready to go mobile tomorrow so first road/trail/mountain use is coming. Going to boil everything for the second time right now. Its easy, effective, and improves performance of the hardware. I also wholeheartedly agree that this device is for a medical not a recreational user.

ThermoVape adventure photos please :D:D:D:D

We will immortalize your ThermoVape!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

ThermoVape said:
CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
Well first, what kind of failure is it? Is it going to be a catastrophic failure and just one day crap out? Or is it going to be a slow degrading until it finally stops working? Well if its a slow degrading process will the products i put into it still get up to the proper temperature to vaporize? Also how will i know when its is time to change one? So obviously everyone that has one will have to buy a $90 dollar heater core as a back up so one day we wont be stuck with a non usable device until a new one ships. Its not spending the extra money that bothers me and I'm sure it is for most people. Its more of the inconvenience of always having to have a spare heater core on hand.
Al lot of people say 'With heavy use." What is considered heavy use? I usually use my iolite 4 to 5 times a day. Is that heavy use? Trust me i want this to be as great as it can be.

Good question. You will not see a slow decrease in performance because the resistance of the Heater Core stabilizes after oxidation, which means that the power output also stabilizes. OF is also correct that we have not had a single Heater Core failure.

Well this is great news. I usually take real good care of everything i own. I now look forward to the arrival of my ThermoVape / Revolution even more this Thursday. All these mixed reviews were driving me crazy. I usually never like to read reviews due to them always being so biased. Since i am always such an impulse buyer. I thought doing some research first would be the best way to decide if i should jump on the latest vaporizer band wagon. I'm just in search of the "One" vaporizer out there. Hopefully this is the "One". If not, the search continues....

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
hogleg said:
inexperience in what?

It would be unsportsmanlike for me to take advantage of this comment. Being functionally obtuse won't help your cause either.

t-dub,

OF

CarlosSpiceyWeiner said:
I now look forward to the arrival of my ThermoVape / Revolution even more this Thursday. All these mixed reviews were driving me crazy. I usually never like to read reviews due to them always being so biased. Since i am always such an impulse buyer. I thought doing some research first would be the best way to decide if i should jump on the latest vaporizer band wagon. I'm just in search of the "One" vaporizer out there. Hopefully this is the "One". If not, the search continues....

Great news indeed (your looking forward to it), I'm sure if you give it an even try you'll not be disappointed.....and if you are, I'd be shocked if the TV guys don't bust the proverbial hump to fix that.

OTOH, I'm not sure we have the Holy Grail here...yet. Good as it is, I'm encouraged by knowing TV and others are already hard at work exploring the options for a next step. I'm willing to do my part by testing and testing and testing as needed for the cause.

t-dub said:

Bravo t-dub!! Opening up a new frontier in the quest, blazing the trail for others as it were. Be sure to take photos or some might say it never happened......

I agree, boiling it up makes it fresh and new and all, but it can also slow down your enjoyment. Breaking your stride and all? Say, do you have any idea what these guys are talking about WRT being over-medicated? Me neither.

Best wishes for a great trip, perhaps a little better thanks to our friends at TV! But please keep in mind, other great pioneers have not been recognized in their own time....it may have to stay our secret for a bit......but we will know the truth.

ThermoVape said:
We will immortalize your ThermoVape!

Come on guys, I know you're proud and all (and you've got something to base that on), but you're not trying to make out his TV is taking the trip and just happens to be bringing t-dub along for documentation reasons? I'm biased and all, but still don't think that one's gonna fly.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well it seems to me that you would want the TV mostly up and down (vertical) with the bottom pointing at the ground, because heat rises up, and if your heating element is below your bowl, you would get the most heat passing over the herb if it is used in that manor, rather than holding it like a cigarette/cigar and trying to get the entire unit hot enough to heat the herb which would be no longer over the main heat source, it would be to the side of it... if that makes any sense.

if I knew how to post photos, I could draw a simple diagram visual aid and post it here... :lol:

jambandphan03,

PB88123

Vaporist
jambandphan03 said:
Well it seems to me that you would want the TV mostly up and down (vertical) with the bottom pointing at the ground, because heat rises up, and if your heating element is below your bowl, you would get the most heat passing over the herb if it is used in that manor, rather than holding it like a cigarette/cigar and trying to get the entire unit hot enough to heat the herb which would be no longer over the main heat source, it would be to the side of it... if that makes any sense.

if I knew how to post photos, I could draw a simple diagram visual aid and post it here... :lol:

Upload it to a web site like imgur and then click on the picture icon and paste the link in there.

Lwty5.jpg

PB88123,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
thanks, good example too. :) Lets see if this works... This is the example I was thinking of. Of course, this is a very basic example without showing the entire unit.

rEbSVl.jpg

jambandphan03,

PB88123

Vaporist
When I am out I will have a contacts case (not to hold my eye contacts) to hold my green in one side and my ABV in the other side. It turns out to be a nice storage container.

PB88123,

THCMuscle

PB88123 said:
When I am out I will have a contacts case (not to hold my eye contacts) to hold my green in one side and my ABV in the other side. It turns out to be a nice storage container.

How.did.i.not.think.of.this.before.

artworks-000010981211-dcsft0-original.gif

THCMuscle,

OF

jambandphan03 said:
thanks, good example too. :) Lets see if this works... This is the example I was thinking of. Of course, this is a very basic example without showing the entire unit.

I think the idea is interesting but somewhat off base. What shows is convection one might expect in still air, not the enclosed space we're dealing with. First off, the whole bowl is going to be the same temperature, aluminum is a very good conductor of heat, but that temperature is WAY lower than the heat core. So it's the heat from the core that counts. We only really get that when you draw air through (forced air convection). The hot air movement is driving the heat and it's uniform through all the holes, not from some part above another. I would work basically the same upside down. Or sideways.

However, what doesn't work is load distribution staying uniform when the unit is on it's side. This blocks some holes better than others. The hot air, being basically lazy, is going to 'take the path of least resistance and track up through gaps in the load (at the top) and over cook that track without ever getting the material a ways back from the track close to the magic temperature.

Unless you're packing a lot of herb ('too much'), I think having it vertical is key. My brief test with it horizontal gave 'sub wonderful results'.

OF

OF,

Stone__Man

interesting OF and when i read your post I immediately had a picture in my head of water pouring out of a bottle, the way the air would move within the device is the exact opposite to the way water takes the path of least resistance. that may make sense to some and not to others.
heat rises and gravity takes care of water. horizontal to the ground water pours from the bottom side of the round opening and heat would naturally find its easiest path is the top side. u want the heated air to go up hold it up vertically, u want water to pour out using more of the round opening invert bottle upside down to ground.

Stone__Man,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
PB88123 said:

How much does a case hold?

I like using glass or metal for the ABV jar because I dont want to melt plastic banging out a hot stem or letting hot stem from my solo rest on the ABV container. guess thats not an issue with thermovape.

ru_frothi,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
TV-

I just tried to order my e-liquid adapter and it said there was no shipping option available?? Please advise...

I was gonna use the fc shipping discount as well (if possible) but the page for shipping was all greyed out and not active.

If Thermoessence can also recommend some good companies with good flavors of E-liquids please let us know. I have used Wicked Vapor brand before, but wasn't that happy with their flavors. Thanks in advance!!

PS- can you give some idea of how battery life is affected when using the liquid adapter? I am looking to replace my current e-cig with this.

Bluntcrush,

ctk2011

I think there is a bit of FUD in this thread about the TV warranty, and it might just be detracting us from looking at the big picture here.

At first glance, 90 days on a consumable part might seem a little insane, but when you really think about it, it makes perfect sense. Firstly, extending the warranty to any length would make the unit much more expensive - are we all willing to pay $50 or $100 more for a warranty we will in all honesty probably not need?

Here is another way to think about it: 90 day warranty != average failure at 90 days. What it means is this: if your heater core has an obvious defect, it will most likely fail in the first 90 days, which will put you within the warranty period and the unit will be replaced with little or no cost to the consumer. After 90 days of usage, the chance of your unit actually having a defect (assuming it is still in working order) will be decreasing at an exponential rate; in other words: "things are good ... man."

I would assume that eventually you would need to replace the core, but for the majority of users, that will be a long, long time.

If the experience is good enough, one might say the extra cost of new cores every few years is actually worth it; YMMV.

I have a little experience with 90 day warranties. I purchased a Vrip VHW last year - and after adding up the accessories that come with it, my order was $331. The VHW comes with a 90 day warranty on the heating element, and a 30 day warranty on the glass. The fact is, the majority of the failures of the heater core would probably happen in the first 90 days - and if you can use it a month or more without the glass breaking from an actual defect, you are in the clear there too.

If I made the warranty a deal breaker on that purchase, I would have missed out, BIG TIME. As a medical user the VHW has been a freaking life saver for me. One day, the heating element will go out, and I'll gladly have it replaced; the experience is worth the risk.

So, there you have it - maybe this perspective will help out some on the fence simply because of the warranty.

If it really is that big of a deal breaker, then being a early adopter is definitely not for you, you should watch this thread for months and see what users report back.

ctk2011,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Bluntcrush said:
TV-

I just tried to order my e-liquid adapter and it said there was no shipping option available?? Please advise...

I was gonna use the fc shipping discount as well (if possible) but the page for shipping was all greyed out and not active.

If Thermoessence can also recommend some good companies with good flavors of E-liquids please let us know. I have used Wicked Vapor brand before, but wasn't that happy with their flavors. Thanks in advance!!

PS- can you give some idea of how battery life is affected when using the liquid adapter? I am looking to replace my current e-cig with this.

Should be fixed now. B site back end issue with the weight of the product. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Soulhunter

Soooo, I did never recieve a tracking number on my order.
And after beeing promised a tracking number two times from thermovape and still have not recieved it, I think i will post my complaints here!
Thermovape has been very quick with answering my e-mails, they just forgot abot me :p
I can totaly understand why, as they has to have their hands full with produsing vapes for us :)
Thermo vape put it so honest in a mail to me " i try to cope with going from 10.000 parts a week to 100.000 parts a week" :) (I am hoping the cannabis comunity is what makes theese people milionaires :p hahaha!)

But yes : Thermovape plz send me tracking number!!!

Soulhunter,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
So I just got my thermovape today! Bought it off ebay but from gotvape not thermovape, t'was my only option because I only have paypal. Anyway I'll be brief for now, but i'd like to leave a good quality video in the next day because the youtubes on video just dont show what I think non owners are wanting to see, it was frusturating having to wait without seeing it in depth.

Anyway the box was simplistic and a cylinder shape and just had the vape, two chargers and a breif direction sheet.

I took the batteries that were already in the unit and popped them in the charger and it said they were charged after about 2 min then I loaded it and used it.

Damn I'm actually really medicated as I write this but I feel like I'm going to in depth. Ok, to continue. The hit quality was very pleasing despite what I heard in some recent reviews. It doesnt hit like a vaporbrothers or a whip vape but it still packs a punch. Im also noticeably higher then I've ever been off of one (small) bowl of weed. I vape every day and lately have been using 2-3 bowls to get really really high but I am actually at that point with just one bowl and it's not finnished.

The design seems good, it's lighter then I thought. The outside is made of plastic, I was expecting metal painted with black, however, I probably skipped over the post that talked about it's material. All the insides appear to be sturdy metal (aluminum?)

Im very pleased with the design and didn't experience any heat problems. I can see how if you were vaping 3-4 bowls in a row how it could get hot but since I haven't done that I can't report on that. Finally I used this thing with my bubbler as a test to see if I could enjoy laidback water filtration and it worked amazingly, I got some very thick, moist clouds.

Anyway I hope this post is of reading standards, the TV effectively got me very high!

Ill be back with pictures and hopefully a video later!

PhishCactus,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

PhishCactus said:
So I just got my thermovape today! Bought it off ebay but from gotvape not thermovape, t'was my only option because I only have paypal. Anyway I'll be brief for now, but i'd like to leave a good quality video in the next day because the youtubes on video just dont show what I think non owners are wanting to see, it was frusturating having to wait without seeing it in depth.

Anyway the box was simplistic and a cylinder shape and just had the vape, two chargers and a breif direction sheet.

I took the batteries that were already in the unit and popped them in the charger and it said they were charged after about 2 min then I loaded it and used it.

Damn I'm actually really medicated as I write this but I feel like I'm going to in depth. Ok, to continue. The hit quality was very pleasing despite what I heard in some recent reviews. It doesnt hit like a vaporbrothers or a whip vape but it still packs a punch. Im also noticeably higher then I've ever been off of one (small) bowl of weed. I vape every day and lately have been using 2-3 bowls to get really really high but I am actually at that point with just one bowl and it's not finnished.

The design seems good, it's lighter then I thought. The outside is made of plastic, I was expecting metal painted with black, however, I probably skipped over the post that talked about it's material. All the insides appear to be sturdy metal (aluminum?)

Im very pleased with the design and didn't experience any heat problems. I can see how if you were vaping 3-4 bowls in a row how it could get hot but since I haven't done that I can't report on that. Finally I used this thing with my bubbler as a test to see if I could enjoy laidback water filtration and it worked amazingly, I got some very thick, moist clouds.

Anyway I hope this post is of reading standards, the TV effectively got me very high!

Ill be back with pictures and hopefully a video later!

Congrats on receiving your Thermovape today. I am glad to hear you are enjoying it. My Thermovape is expected to arrive Thursday with the revolution adapter. I see you use to have an iolite. What is your take on the difference of the two?

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Top Bottom