Discontinued ThermoVape

chant121

never could work out putting the screen in i i tried snipping a volcano one but when it fitted perfectly in the top cap - i was scared if i were to screw it up it might scratch the metal coating or just not screw up all the way

chant121,

Tim

Oh man. Maybe it's just because I woke up, but all the options have me a bit confused! Maybe someone can clarify for me :\

I'm looking for a system that can do herbs + concentrates (Oil, waxes, earwax, etc). I keep hearing about different power sources/voltage and that also has me a bit worried. I would like my future "system" to run on the same batteries. So far, I've decided that I'd like the T1 for home use, as I don't mind stirring(and it seems that the T1 is the go-to for heat/power).

However, for on-the-go, would you recommend the Rev or the DART conversions? Would the DART even be compatible with the T1? Sorry if these questions seem silly, I'm completely green when it comes to the TV system. TIA!

Tim,

OF

never could work out putting the screen in i i tried snipping a volcano one but when it fitted perfectly in the top cap - i was scared if i were to screw it up it might scratch the metal coating or just not screw up all the way

Sounds like it's still too big. 5/8 inch. It should fit inside the bowl rim, not touch the top until inverted. You don't want it caught between the rim and cap.

I'm looking for a system that can do herbs + concentrates (Oil, waxes, earwax, etc). I keep hearing about different power sources/voltage and that also has me a bit worried. I would like my future "system" to run on the same batteries. So far, I've decided that I'd like the T1 for home use, as I don't mind stirring(and it seems that the T1 is the go-to for heat/power).

However, for on-the-go, would you recommend the Rev or the DART conversions? Would the DART even be compatible with the T1? Sorry if these questions seem silly, I'm completely green when it comes to the TV system. TIA!

You might want to reconsider, while the T1 is probably a bit better with herbs for the purist, the Evolution will also do concentrates (something the T1 won't). If you don't have a system, LV is probably better. Not available in T1. Either DART or Revolution will work with T1, although it's a little cheaper and more straightforward to add it to Evolution (you need only buy the cart, using the same interface as the Evolution). I'd go with DART, it's easier to load, unless you plan on doing a lot of bubble hash. In that case the window is handy for stirring the pot, which bubble needs.

No matter which, you're sure to find it useful. Hard to go too far wrong. Good stuff, good outfit.

OF

OF,

Tim

Thanks for the quick response OF. So you'd recommend the Evolution + Dart (LV) for herbs and waxes (I don't do much of hash)?

I was interested in the T1 at first because I assumed it was the top of the line model, considering it's price. But your solution does seem less expensive and all encompassing.

Tim,

OF

Thanks for the quick response OF. So you'd recommend the Evolution + Dart (LV) for herbs and waxes (I don't do much of hash)?

I was interested in the T1 at first because I assumed it was the top of the line model, considering it's price. But your solution does seem less expensive and all encompassing.

Your welcome. I agree, it's not a sharp line but I think it'll do more of what you want better? For flat out herb taste, T1 is still king I think, but if you've got concentrates around 'spiking' a load of bud with some concentrate in the center of an Evolution load makes it a whole other deal. Roughly doubles the solid hits and it goes and goes and goes after that. I often put a second battery in to finish it (I stick it in my pocket when I load up....you know, just in case?).

Enjoy.

OF

OF,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
...while the T1 is probably a bit better with herbs for the purist, the Evolution will also do concentrates (something the T1 won't)....OF

I didn't know this! I have two SV Evo cores, and I wouldn't mind trying one out on hash, but I don't want to clog it up inside the oven either. I don't have access to oils, waxes, etc., nor do I run across bubble/ice hash much. As you know, the Evo doesn't have an exposed ceramic piece, just an oven below a metal plate with holes in it. The hash I run into is either black/dark-brown and very sticky, or blonde and somewhat crumbly. Neither goes to liquid when heated. I can't imagine how it would vaporize, and experiments I made a few years ago with my Volcano were a disaster.

edit: Hmm, just noticed you said concentrates, not hash. So probably, nevermind. (sorry).

Haywood,

OF

I didn't know this! I have two SV Evo cores, and I wouldn't mind trying one out on hash, but I don't want to clog it up inside the oven either. I don't have access to oils, waxes, etc., nor do I run across bubble/ice hash much. As you know, the Evo doesn't have an exposed ceramic piece, just an oven below a metal plate with holes in it. The hash I run into is either black/dark-brown and very sticky, or blonde and somewhat crumbly. Neither goes to liquid when heated. I can't imagine how it would vaporize, and experiments I made a few years ago with my Volcano were a disaster.

edit: Hmm, just noticed you said concentrates, not hash. So probably, nevermind. (sorry).

No, hash is a concentrate, you can do it. Just be sure there's plenty of herb under it to blot up any drips and hold them in the hot air. Works quite well, IMO. I find bubble is very good this way (it's already in small bits), more solid stuff works better if you break it down some first and let the hot air work on all sides. Oil and wax is a little more tricky, it can run fast, approach slowly.

But come on in, the water's fine.

OF

OF,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
What's the standard procedure for cleaning a t1?

I apologize, the link for the user manual on the website gave me errors every time I tried to view it.

Norlin,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
You can boil the whole device (minus the batteries and the switch), and/or do an iso soak. I haven't cleaned mine in a good few months, I just do a dry burn and that seems to do an adequate job for me.

Peloton,
Reactions: Norlin

PB88123

Vaporist
What's the standard procedure for cleaning a t1?

I apologize, the link for the user manual on the website gave me errors every time I tried to view it.

Mouth piece, top cap and bowl can be dropped in ISO and then rinsed out in a sink.

If that isn't enough you can drop them in boiling water for 5-10 minutes.

That's the extent of my cleaning.

Here is the link to the T1 user guide (cleaning starts at page 19)

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0106/8282/files/user_guide_FINAL.pdf?2841

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
after that I usually bake my toys at 300 for 10 min, these things are pretty durable, just cleaned 3 darts today, came out brand new.

kushcabbage,

OF

You can boil the whole device (minus the batteries and the switch), and/or do an iso soak. I haven't cleaned mine in a good few months, I just do a dry burn and that seems to do an adequate job for me.

You should strip it down and boil the core and cap at least, but not assembled. Be sure it's dry again, I use the toaster over at 200 F.

Best first step is to find the video and watch it so you'll know how it goes together. Anyone have that link handy?

Otherwise I agree, an ISO wipe and burning the debris out of the core is usually all that's needed if you keep after it. The cap holes can be a pain if your bud isn't well cured.....sometimes even when it is. A toothpick fixes it quickly.

after that I usually bake my toys at 300 for 10 min, these things are pretty durable, just cleaned 3 darts today, came out brand new.

300 is more than recommended I think? I recall '200 max'....

OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Water boils at 212°F; anything in boiling water won't get hotter than that. Unless your T1 parts are sitting on the bottom of the pot, which can get hotter than the water itself (though I would guess not 100°F hotter, or the water would be boiling so violently that you would turn down the heat or have a massive overflow).

Haywood,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
No, hash is a concentrate, you can do it. Just be sure there's plenty of herb under it to blot up any drips and hold them in the hot air. Works quite well, IMO. I find bubble is very good this way (it's already in small bits), more solid stuff works better if you break it down some first and let the hot air work on all sides. Oil and wax is a little more tricky, it can run fast, approach slowly.

But come on in, the water's fine.

OF
OK, getting my duck fins on as we speak, and changing out the T1 core for the Evo core. I'm skeptical, but I've been surprised before.

Haywood,

Tim

Well, a friend convinced me that it's a bit overkill to spend $50 on an attachment just to use for concentrates, considering that I don't medicate with them THAT often. Since the Evo or T1 can handle a small ball of wax sandwiched between herb, then I think that would be perfect. :lol:

Tim,

OF

Well, a friend convinced me that it's a bit overkill to spend $50 on an attachment just to use for concentrates, considering that I don't medicate with them THAT often. Since the Evo or T1 can handle a small ball of wax sandwiched between herb, then I think that would be perfect. :lol:

No, the T1 will not "handle a small ball of wax sandwiched between herb", that's the Evolution only. Nobody has said otherwise that's I've seen, or I'd have corrected them too.

My advice is to pay attention to the details.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've put a bit of this hard flaky hash on top of t1 bowls and love it every time.

Not sure what kind of hash it is other than non medical and something I save for special occasions.

OF

I've put a bit of this hard flaky hash on top of t1 bowls and love it every time.

I don't doubt it, nor say I never tested the idea. Last time I asked, some months back, this was not approved. Herb only, no concentrates. Evolution was specifically designed to include careful use of concentrates.

Some guys use hash in their MFLBs too. Not advised there either.

I know guys who smoke cigarettes and date married women, too......

OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
LOL OF.

I'm just saying with this particular hash it works well. Melts into the bud so I suppose its fullmelt?

I'd try it with the evo but the T1 blows the doors off the evo for me (herb only 99.99% of the time) so I really wonder why I bought my evo, but oh well. I can't get it to produce visible vapor in my bubbler, and I'm buying the gong adapter for the T1, so soon enough I'll probably end up selling it unless I can learn to get some visible vapor with the thing. Not bad though at all just not sure its enough for me.

darkrom,
Reactions: Tim

OF

LOL OF.

I'm just saying with this particular hash it works well. Melts into the bud so I suppose its fullmelt?

I'd try it with the evo but the T1 blows the doors off the evo for me (herb only 99.99% of the time) so I really wonder why I bought my evo, but oh well. I can't get it to produce visible vapor in my bubbler, and I'm buying the gong adapter for the T1, so soon enough I'll probably end up selling it unless I can learn to get some visible vapor with the thing. Not bad though at all just not sure its enough for me.

I don't doubt it for a minute, Bro. Dating some married women is safe enough.....

I fully agree, for the purist the T1 is the call. If, OTOH the goal is copping a couple quick tokes on the sly, Evolution has clear advantages. Like most of life, tradeoffs. You might have less hair to comb, but now you have more forehead to wash?

IMO it's very cool we have so many (good) choices. Some, more than others, seem driven to explore this....you are a role model in the area. "Good on ya", as they say in the bottom half of this here world. Well, at least part of it, most of the others I'm having even more trouble understanding.....

Thanks.

OF

OF,

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
No, the T1 will not "handle a small ball of wax sandwiched between herb", that's the Evolution only. Nobody has said otherwise that's I've seen, or I'd have corrected them too.

My advice is to pay attention to the details.

OF
My T1 handles a small ball of wax sandwiched between herb just fine. It melts down immediately, and sweet, sweet clouds ensue. Not sure why that would be a problem... Everything stays nice and clean as a whistle.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Do you guys think its a fair statement to say that the evo is designed as a Vape for people who enjoy vaping at lower temps than the t1? I'm doing some testing with it tonight. That's how I feel personally and if the testing goes well maybe I'll have my use for the evo after all. I generally prefer hotter temps but it'll be nice to have a clean portable lower tenp add on, assuming I can get medicated with it after practice.

darkrom,
Do you guys think its a fair statement to say that the evo is designed as a Vape for people who enjoy vaping at lower temps than the t1? I'm doing some testing with it tonight. That's how I feel personally and if the testing goes well maybe I'll have my use for the evo after all. I generally prefer hotter temps but it'll be nice to have a clean portable lower tenp add on, assuming I can get medicated with it after practice.
No

Futuretvowner,

OF

Yes, I do, but not in those terms. T1 is better for folks looking for high temperature use (same situation, different reason). By the time you get the cold part of the Evolution load to high temps you've overheated the stuff near the furnace. It's a trade off, of course, but Evolution is going to have a broader spread through the load since it's not mixed.

That is uniformity is a factor as well. And it sets limits on the top end as you court combustion....

Yes, I agree, if you want to ignore the top end fractions and go for lots of the lighter fractions, Evolution is the tool for you, perhaps.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom