Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I got my dart yesterday also and love it. I love its shorter profile and the cersmic disc inside seems bigger by double than the reg rev and the hits show it. No more sticky windows to collect debris and get everywhere. Dont know if my original rev will get any love anymore.

YoGranMazPimp,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
hey TV

i cant seem to find the "core service" for the Rev/Dart on the site... is it not ready yet? i would like to place an order before Monday.

thanks

It is not quite ready, still figuring out how were going to do shipping back and forth.

Cheers,
Tim

SameOldTim,

2clicker

Observer
It is not quite ready, still figuring out how were going to do shipping back and forth.

Cheers,
Tim

oh ok

i thought i remember seeing it on there recently but could be wrong. any chance i can email you a custom order so that i can take advantage of the Mem Day discount?

it would be for an SV Evo core and an SV Dart core rebuild... and likely some tenergy cells also

2clicker,

vapor 4 life

@B. I do not have a scale but around the size of a match head at a time maybe more but that is what I do and it is working well

? for those with a Pure Flow is it worth it? Is it something you use every time now? 25% off has me pondering .

vapor 4 life,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
@B. I do not have a scale but around the size of a match head at a time maybe more but that is what I do and it is working well

? for those with a Pure Flow is it worth it? Is it something you use every time now? 25% off has me pondering .

Personally I think the Pure Flow is better with the T1 and the Evo...for its filtering effect.

I have two Smooth Flows that I use all the time with concentrates.

Tread carefully. The cooling of the increased draw can surprise you.

Sinclue,

JoeKickass

Well TV said I can either buy a new core for $35 or send it in to get rebuilt for $15... kind of disappointing considering the only thing I did to ruin my Revolution DART was use dark colored oil.

So I offer these words of warning to all revolution owners, use only bright yellow, very clear when melted, wax.

Using dark black or brown oil or wax will slowly destroy your Revolution, it will clog the ceramic to the point the it is irreparable. Cleaning is deceptive, it will work afterwards but you will notice it start to clog quicker and quicker after each cleaning.

I've tried harsh solvents and extreme heat, believe me when I tell you, my Revolution was well and truly killed... by normal, everyday oil that you see in dispensaries all the time. I had it for less than a month. Didn't even use it every day... :(

My personal rule and my heartfelt advice to anyone wishing to keep their Revolution in working condition is to only feed it PureGold or the clearest of clear $50 waxes, I haven't actually seen an oil that is light colored enough not to damage the Revolution yet so I would advise avoiding all bho's. I can't imagine what using bubble hash does, like the windowed revolution is supposed to be able to do...

Save the cheap oil and wax for disposable Omicron carts that you don't mind clogging...

JoeKickass,

gvape

Well TV said I can either buy a new core for $35 or send it in to get rebuilt for $15... kind of disappointing considering the only thing I did to ruin my Revolution was use dark colored oil.

So I offer these words of warning to all revolution owners, use only bright yellow, very clear when melted, wax.

Using dark black or brown oil or wax will slowly destroy your Revolution, it will clog the ceramic to the point the it is irreparable. Cleaning is deceptive, it will work afterwards but you will notice it start to clog quicker and quicker after each cleaning.

I've tried harsh solvents and extreme heat, believe me when I tell you, my Revolution was well and truly killed... by normal, everyday oil that you see in dispensaries all the time. I had it for less than a month. Didn't even use it every day... :(

My personal rule and my heartfelt advice to anyone wishing to keep their Revolution in working condition is to only feed it PureGold or the clearest of clear $50 waxes, I haven't actually seen an oil that is light colored enough not to damage the Revolution yet so I would advise avoiding all bho's.

Save the cheap oil and wax for disposable Omicron carts that you don't mind clogging...

Thats a really interesting point. I seem to notice this, my Rev was barely performing. Id clean it, get a few good hits, and then right back to where I was. Since I got the DART I have had no problems though. I will be posting some videos later of how great the dart has been treating me.

gvape,

JoeKickass

Thats a really interesting point. I seem to notice this, my Rev was barely performing. Id clean it, get a few good hits, and then right back to where I was. Since I got the DART I have had no problems though. I will be posting some videos later of how great the dart has been treating me.

I've never used the original rev, I can't imagine putting something like bubble hash in that heating core...

All my experience is based on the dart, how long have you had yours? Do you feed it black oil?

I'd still tread very carefully if you want it to last any length of time... mine worked fantastically at first too.

JoeKickass,

gvape

I have never once fed it black oil or put in any bubble hash. It has only been fed BHO. I also cant imagine putting bubble hash in it, just seems like it would be so hard to even get it going and then have to clean out the residue.

I have had my revolution since it came out and the DART for only a few days now. I never remember my rev producing this much vapor, but then again I could be wrong. Also seem to notice the LV Darts get better vapor production than my regular voltage Dart.

gvape,
Good to know Joe, but I never heard dark oil voids warranty... Did they tell you a different reason?

Her is my experience...
I ordered a LV Dart the same day my first one blew(4 days old)...I guess I had faith in the quality and mine was a fluk. Well, I have seen more and more bad cores turning up here in between a few of their products threads, and it has me concerned. I remember another very high quality vape company ramped up production(let the dogs out), and had to put them back in the kennel due to % of failing units went up. I'm slightly concerned this could be happening here, but I could be totally wrong. All ill say is I hope these last, because I don't want to deal with CS again...
Now on to my real problem. So I ordered on mothers day, my package shipped 8 days later, witch I'm fine with, I know they were busy. But I was told 3 time throughout the week that it would ship that day or the next. Once by "thermovape" here on FC, once from Tim by email, and the last from Jennifer by email. By the time I got to Jennifer, I explained that I would rather be told "were busy, it will ship in the next 2 weeks", than be told falsehoods over and over. She assured me it would ship that day(sat)... No apologies, no thanks for sending a universal adpt. back on my dime (it wasn't even supposed to be sent to me). None of that good stuff, just another "it will ship today",... It didn't. If I ran my business like that, ther would be no business, and would be back to a payroll job. Tim did apologize for the lengthyness of getting back about my blown core, I respect that, but that was followed by more false hopes.

In the end, I'm pretty disappointed/digruntled with their CS(I've heard nothing but good stuff before), and can't recommend their products to friends due to CS, and they latest cases of cores dying sooner and more frequently. This is my experience, I can't base recommendations to friends on other forum members experience, witch seems to differ from mine. Oh well. Peace folks.

havealight101,

JoeKickass

Good to know Joe, but I never heard dark oil voids warranty... Did they tell you a different reason?

I could have sworn they had a free replacement warranty as well but it seems like the warranty now is "buy another one"... This is the reply I got after sending a few desperate emails asking for help and trying to get their attention for a few days:

Zeki said:
Thanks for the feedback. We've been so busy lately. If you'd like you can order a new one with our current sale "MEMORIAL25". You can also send us your current core and we can rebuild it for $14.99 plus shipping. We are updating the site with Rebuild and Custom services options soon. Just something to consider. Let me know what you'd like to do, or feel free to order away. I can help you figure out what might be best for you. Talk to you soon.

All the best,
Zeki

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

It has only been fed BHO.

I really want yours to keep working. I want to be able to use bho too since it has a great price point.

But bho is exactly what I meant by "black oil" even if it's very light in thin layers it looks black in the little bottle they give you. I'm crossing my fingers, I really want mine to be a fluke...

JoeKickass,
I could have sworn they had a free replacement warranty as well but it seems like the warranty now is "buy another one"... This is the reply I got after sending a few desperate emails asking for help and trying to get their attention for a few days:
So mine died in 4 days, and was replaced, I would like to think anywhere in the 3 months they would replace it.
I seem to remember tim talking about the Evo would get replaced no matter the powersource, so I'd think the dart would be replaced no matter the concentrate.
Maybe "explain" that its within the warranty period... Not much else should need to be said. Good luck

havealight101,

felderosa

Hey guys, I have been using a DART for a while, and it sometimes seems to clog, but its just reclaim or whatever filling up the tiny holes at the base of the spike (towards the mouthpiece). You can get about a hits worth of oil out of those holes by blowing out with the dart removed from the heater piece and scraping up the resultant oil-logs that come out of the holes like play-doh. After that, no more clog. I am using BHO with no special treatment. I haven't encountered any other kind of clogs. Is this maybe what you guys are talking about, or does the oil sometimes come out the bottom holes?

felderosa,

felderosa

Also, my bho doesn't come out black at all. Joe you should just make it yourself, watching and smelling the final stages of the purge is like the funnest thing in the world.

felderosa,

OF

Well TV said I can either buy a new core for $35 or send it in to get rebuilt for $15... kind of disappointing considering the only thing I did to ruin my Revolution DART was use dark colored oil.

Interesting. When I got my prototype Revolution to test for them I did my level best to foul it out with bubble hash, made a real mess several times but was always able to clean it again using one of the three methods (Soak, boil, or 20/20), sometimes all 3 a few times. Perhaps I just used mine less (some guys burn through ounces like I do grams....) or perhaps it's concentrate related.

For sure light concentrates seem to work better in most if not all cases I can think of. Less plant junk I understand?

I'm a little worried about the replacement part, you wanted to return it under warranty and were told no? If so, that's a big change AFAIK. Wonder why. Too bad it's a Holiday and all, it'll be a day or two before someone there is back on line I bet?

Bummer anyway, what you going to do?

In the end, I'm pretty disappointed/digruntled with their CS(I've heard nothing but good stuff before), and can't recommend their products to friends due to CS, and they latest cases of cores dying sooner and more frequently. This is my experience, I can't base recommendations to friends on other forum members experience, witch seems to differ from mine. Oh well. Peace folks.

Sorry you don't seem to be getting good support from TV, such seems the exception. They've been busy from time to time but seem to put in extra efforts when that happens to clear stuff up. I'm sure nobody there is lying to you and using their real name, it must be a 'stuff happens' moment? I've only had a couple things shipped and aside from going several hundred miles the wrong way and getting lost a time or two it's been timely on their end. Mostly I pick it up, they're like 20 miles away in a direction I go from time to time anyway.

FWIW, I hope your friends appreciate your honest warnings.....in their place I'd hope I would. Speak the truth and call 'em like you see 'em. Hard to go wrong from there.....

Thanks.

OF

JoeKickass

Maybe "explain" that its within the warranty period... Not much else should need to be said. Good luck

Thanks for the luck, I might need it if I keep getting stuck with Zeki...

Is this maybe what you guys are talking about, or does the oil sometimes come out the bottom holes?...

Also, my bho doesn't come out black at all. Joe you should just make it yourself, watching and smelling the final stages of the purge is like the funnest thing in the world.

I'm talking about heating the core for over two minutes, dropping tiny tiny bits of oil on it, watching it melt and be absorbed into the core, never to return. No vapor, no nothing, it's just a burning hot concentrate sponge... and this is the day after cleaning in harsh solvents...

I would very much like to make my own oil if it's easy to make it clean and light, how old is your dart? Longer than a month used every day?

JoeKickass,

OF

"Thanks for the feedback. We've been so busy lately. If you'd like you can order a new one with our current sale "MEMORIAL25". You can also send us your current core and we can rebuild it for $14.99 plus shipping. We are updating the site with Rebuild and Custom services options soon. Just something to consider. Let me know what you'd like to do, or feel free to order away. I can help you figure out what might be best for you. Talk to you soon.

All the best,
Zeki"

Ah, so! I met Zeki the other day (I'm terrible with names, but that's one you don't come across every day....), I could be wrong but I don't think he's a CS techie. I think he does the shipping for them. My read of the above from him is absolutely true, you can move fast and buy another core at a discount, or have your core rebuilt for whatever reason for that price. Things to consider. I'm not sure he understands you have a warranty issue here......are you? I mean even if you started out saying as much, it seems likely that part didn't get through as it's not normally his job?

Thanks.

I'm talking about heating the core for over two minutes, dropping tiny tiny bits of oill on it, watching it melt and be absorbed into the core, never to return. No vapor, no nothing, it's just burning hot concentrate sponge... and this is the day after cleaning in harsh solvents...

Any idea how much these tiny tiny bits weigh? I mean in total. It is exactly that, a hot concentrate sponge and it needs to be saturated before any will come out, same as your kitchen sponge does. It's not like a skillet or nail. Until the pores are full it just moves around under heat finding cooler spots I think. From my measurements it seems this is something on the order of 150 to 200mg of concentrate, somewhat like the oil in the Omicron wicks I guess? Do you think you've put that much total in yet?

TIA

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

I'm a little worried about the replacement part, you wanted to return it under warranty and were told no? If so, that's a big change AFAIK. Wonder why.

Bummer anyway, what you going to do?

I'll likely buy a new core, I don't know if I want to risk the bad joojoo coming back if I get this core repaired...

And I'll let you be the judge about their new policy and how they handled this, but I wasn't overly impressed:

(Hand on heart, nothing is edited, just copy paste)
JoeKickass said:
Hi I bought a dart and an evolution a month ago and, while I have enjoyed them both, I'm having issues with my dart. I just can't seem to be able to clean it well enough to get it working satisfactorily.

I'm not sure if it was the darker oils I tried in the beginning or something with the dart itself but it's gotten to the point where I can spend half the day cleaning it with every method I can think of and it starts acting clogged and slows vapor production by the end of the day. (Even if I add very small amounts)

Can I exchange my dart for a new one please? I plan to only use high quality, light colored, oils and waxes in the replacement to avoid any problems. I'll let you know if that does the trick too!

Thanks for your help!

Two Days Later (Yeah didn't wait that long but it was a big issue...)
JoeKickass said:
Please respond, this dart is basically unusable at this point, I've tried cleaning with solvents and using extreme heat, but nothing seems to be able to clean the ceramic...

I'll pay the $35 for the new core if I need to, but in my defense, I only used the really dark cheap oils because there was no warning not to and I thought it would be able to clean up alright...

Like I said, I'll only use high quality light concentrates in the dart from now on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Then their one response:
Zeki said:
Thanks for the feedback. We've been so busy lately. If you'd like you can order a new one with our current sale "MEMORIAL25". You can also send us your current core and we can rebuild it for $14.99 plus shipping. We are updating the site with Rebuild and Custom services options soon. Just something to consider. Let me know what you'd like to do, or feel free to order away. I can help you figure out what might be best for you. Talk to you soon.

All the best,
Zeki

And my not-so-happy reply:
JoeKickass said:
Disappointed I have to spend $35 to repair a $60 device that wasn't used improperly. You should make a mention on your site that use of any dark colored concentrate or oil will ruin the revolution. I can't imagine using something as messy as dry concentrate, yet you also advertise the windowed version for that use. From my point of view, your product failed when used as you said it could be used. I'll be sure to share my experience and ask others how they use their revolutions without irreparably damaging them...

I also suggest you improve your website. It needs to be much easier to navigate, the menu system is a nightmare and many of the items descriptions are copied. The search was the only way for me to figure out the user manual was a tiny link on the FAQ page. And when I clicked on it I got an error page not found, do you actually have any suggestions on how to use your products?

So we'll see what happens but it would mean more to me if they reply in email, in the beginning when I first started having problems with my Dart I was only able to finally get a response by coming and posting here. I want to see proof that their email customer service can also step up...

edit: The email subject line was "Dart Replacement" so I don't know how could he wouldn't see it as a warranty issue...

JoeKickass,

JoeKickass

Alright since I've been so blunt and open about this whole thing I do feel obligated to report that I just received a reply from Zeki. I don't know if posting here helped move things along or not, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume this is as genuine and honest as it seems and what any other customer would receive:

Zeki said:
You mentioned you were going to purchase the part. My assumption was that it was out of warranty. I checked your order history and your DART (LV) was only purchased 1 month ago, so it's clearly within the warranty time frame. We can send out a core replacement tomorrow when USPS is open.

As for the website, we are working on a new template that will be easier to navigate through and find items. We will also be putting up all the user manuals, along with some video casts to help customers get a grasp on proper loading methods and usage. Since we've been adding many new items we have been focusing on getting everything available to purchase separately, so customers can essentially "build" their own device. Once everything is organized, we will be creating an ideal web page design that makes it as easy and convenient as possible for people to browse, research and purchase from the website.

I will send you a confirmation tomorrow with the tracking number, as well as include a shipping package and label for you to return the core that currently isn't functioning.

Thanks again,
Zeki

I didn't quite say I was buying it, but if read in a hurry I can see how the misunderstanding could happen. All in all, a class A response to an admittedly disgruntled customer. :tup:

OF

I'll likely buy a new core, I don't know if I want to risk the bad joojoo coming back if I get this core repaired...

And I'll let you be the judge about their new policy and how they handled this, but I wasn't overly impressed:

So we'll see what happens but it would mean more to me if they reply in email, in the beginning when I first started having problems with my Dart I was only able to finally get a response by coming and posting here. I want to see proof that their email customer service can also step up...

edit: The email subject line was "Dart Replacement" so I don't know how could he wouldn't see it as a warranty issue...

Thanks for all that. No need to convince me of anything one way or another, you're not happy and that's what matters here. FWIW I don't think there's any new policy in play, either for your personally or anyone else. It would be totally out of character for them knowing their business model, not to mention illegal. Yes, I said illegal. You have a binding contract with them that includes warranty, one party can't change the rules at will. GM can't say, 'oh, we decided 5 years was too long so we changed it to 2 last year'. And they know it, at least Noah does (I think I have the name right.....) he and I joked about just that point in relation to another outfit not long ago. Even if his ethics allowed it, he knows the law does not.

Anything can happen, but this turn of events would blind side me for sure.

I'd probably give Tim a call (although I honestly never have personally, not big on phones....), or the fellow who works next to him.....'Kevin' or something like that? Or ask for 'customer service' to talk over a DART problem. I bet the results are different.

FWIW I think having a backup DART is a good plan anyway, but I can't seem to justify it to myself at this point as I have useful backups for my backups.....

Good luck, but I really think there's some misunderstanding going on here, not a change in warranty policy.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Good luck, but I really think there's some misunderstanding going on here, not a change in warranty policy.

OF

Spot on my friend, check out Zeki's response. Is the warranty period one year or longer/less?

JoeKickass,
. I'm sure nobody there is lying to you and using their real name, it must be a 'stuff happens'
FWIW, I hope your friends appreciate your honest warnings.....in their place I'd hope I would. Speak the truth and call 'em like you see 'em. Hard to go wrong from there.....

Thanks.

OF
First statement, I believe and hope is correct.
Also, I'm not going to be going out of my way to give warnings by any means, but if they try them and ask, ill tell them to chill a month or 2, and maybe QC won't be a factor, and something better maybe out by then.
Enough seriousness, I'm going to enjoy my day, I hope you do as well, its pretty sunny 'round these parts today.

havealight101,

OF

Spot on my friend, check out Zeki's response. Is the warranty period one year or longer/less?

Hot Damn! That's the kind of thing a guy likes to come back to after a nice lunch with friends!!

Thanks very much for posting it, things fit back into place again in my tiny little mind. I don't know about you, but I like happy endings......

Not sure about the rest of the unit (lifetime???) but batteries and core are 90 days I think?

Thanks again for passing the word, bro.

OF

Top Bottom