Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

nr nodes

Ok so been reading fc forums for years and this thread made me sign up today. Been using omicron carts and while they sort-of accomplished a goal, really looking forward to dropping them for a DART or two.

In addition to the battery life question above, can TV please give us a simple estimate/breakdown of relative battery life between all models and battery configurations? Maybe charge times too? What is recommendation for when to re-charge, as in how empty (sorry if that's been covered, lots of pages and can't find).

If using the Pure-Flow Filter with the DART, will the interface between them hold tighter than the o-ring on the DART? So if using with a 'coned' ego-style battery? Not crucial as I'll probably buy a couple TV battery units anyway, but I do have an ego already, which is nice with the cone for certain 'travel' situations as it looks so common around the world now. (Let's all help popularize the Innovapor line so this form-factor blends in even better in the near future!)

TCTim, if I can tell an interesting enough story on how I might just be TV's biggest fan, and for being the first guy to suggest this (if anyone else even cares), would you consider making an LV DART with the Pure-Flow built-in, two pieces instead of three? I'd gladly pay extra, in spite of not even having touched one of your products yet :drool:

BTW, in case you don't hear this enough, thank you so much for producing your line - between patients like me who've been hugely liberated by this equipment, to ex-tobacco-smokers who can finally quit, your company is doing a lot to eliminate suffering. Please keep it up!

OF

Ok so been reading fc forums for years and this thread made me sign up today. Been using omicron carts and while they sort-of accomplished a goal, really looking forward to dropping them for a DART or two.

In addition to the battery life question above, can TV please give us a simple estimate/breakdown of relative battery life between all models and battery configurations? Maybe charge times too? What is recommendation for when to re-charge, as in how empty (sorry if that's been covered, lots of pages and can't find).

If using the Pure-Flow Filter with the DART, will the interface between them hold tighter than the o-ring on the DART? So if using with a 'coned' ego-style battery? Not crucial as I'll probably buy a couple TV battery units anyway, but I do have an ego already, which is nice with the cone for certain 'travel' situations as it looks so common around the world now. (Let's all help popularize the Innovapor line so this form-factor blends in even better in the near future!)

TCTim, if I can tell an interesting enough story on how I might just be TV's biggest fan, and for being the first guy to suggest this (if anyone else even cares), would you consider making an LV DART with the Pure-Flow built-in, two pieces instead of three? I'd gladly pay extra, in spite of not even having touched one of your products yet :drool:

BTW, in case you don't hear this enough, thank you so much for producing your line - between patients like me who've been hugely liberated by this equipment, to ex-tobacco-smokers who can finally quit, your company is doing a lot to eliminate suffering. Please keep it up!

OK, I'll take a stab at a couple of those as I see 'em.

In broad terms, the Ultra battery is twice the Ultralite and half the Revolution (actually probably closer to a third). It varies because of the HUGE variation between hits, but say 25, 50 and over 100 respectively? The first two can be recharged very fast (an hour), the big one takes as much as 2.5 hours since it maxes the charger out charge current wise.

As a personal observation, I think Omicron carts are cool at what they do, I have several. But the Revolution is a whole other thing. It's decidedly more manual than automatic, you're very much part of the process and in control. Each hit is it's own case, you have to do it 'right' or the next will be different. It delivers many times more THC potentially so the extra effort to get a good hit is usually rewarded with a most enjoyable experience that satisfies in itself so doesn't need repeating.....for a while....at least. It often takes me a try or two from cold to get a solid hit but it's rare for me to want a second. That never happens with Omicron.....try as I might.

You really need both, glad I don't have to choose one or the other.

Stand by for the rest (and correcting me) from Tim. Sometimes he checks in after church.....

OF

OF,

NewSchoolExplorer

Wow, cant wait for user reviews of the top load.
Battery life is a major concern for me with full size Rev I get more than enough out of it and usually recharge after before it completely dies (i feel like towards the end the heat is too low to vape oils). I think this all depends on how long and how many hits you take but a comparison on a scale of 10 would be great for potential and loyal customers like myself.

Thanks again TV. Keep on innovating :D

@OF: Thanks for the continuous input but for some reason it takes me multiple hits of my Rev (side load) to get where I need. How would you rate your own tolerance. I haven't tried the omicron but I have the adapters and need to get the carts for a test drive.

I will be waiting in the side lines just as others have mentioned to keep my finances in check but hopefully we get some more in depth reviews of the new DART.

As always, Peace and Pot

NewSchoolExplorer,

sneaky101

Any plans on making a model with a push button? If not, is there an e cig model that would be recommended for use with your LV accessories? And does the rev produce the same amount of vapor using the LV version with an e cig? I would love to buy one from you guys at TV. I love the fact that these things are American made and so damn dependable and durable! But the slide switch, while mostly is good, can be a bit rough on the fingers and is making me want a button to push to activate the vapor.

I don't mean for anyone to promote a different device other than from TV, but as they don't currently make a push button version (that I'm aware of anyway) I'm not sure how/where to ask this question. As previously stated, I would love to get this from TV, but since they are making these devices to fit other manufacturers devices, i hope this question isnt out-of-bounds.

I am loving my REV, and after a couple of long vape sessions, I think that metallic taste has finally gone away!!!

sneaky101,

OF

@OF: Thanks for the continuous input but for some reason it takes me multiple hits of my Rev (side load) to get where I need. How would you rate your own tolerance. I haven't tried the omicron but I have the adapters and need to get the carts for a test drive.

I will be waiting in the side lines just as others have mentioned to keep my finances in check but hopefully we get some more in depth reviews of the new DART.

I try to keep my tolerance low, but it can get out of hand what with the demand of testing and all.....

I tend to think of it in terms of dose. 10mg of strong oil will get my attention. It's usually enough for a while. I load 50 to 100mg and get 5 to ten solid hits more or less. Sometimes I get that 10 mg in several smaller hits of course, but a single big one is fun too. For reference, a 125mg trench in the MFLB or a couple 35mg stems in the PD are about right for me.

The Omicron delivers about a quarter of that. The Omicron is, I think, better for 'sipping' at to maintain rather than to get there if that helps?

OF

Edit: One thing sure, give me that piece of hash in your photo and I'll give you any answer you want...... OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've used the LV cart with an Omicron V2 using the adapter that TV sells, so yes, you can use a push button solution if you wish.

:peace:

Stu,

NewSchoolExplorer

Thanks I am roughly at about .04 g per dose or about 40 mg and that is why our comparisons differ but I LOVE my Rev. I use it at home, on the go (rarely unless its a long drive), and basically anywhere I go. Much respect for keeping your tolerance in check. My tolerance was wayyy to high for awhile (when I made my own vac purged concentrates and took multiple dabs) and so I took a break, along with a vacation abroad, and continued for a few weeks after. Currently its more reasonable, staying at a constant level is hard to do especially with like-minded friends :D but once you're where you want to be you can always stop ...overcoming peer pressure is another matter ...btw its not peer pressure if you really want to, is it? lol

NewSchoolExplorer,

OF

Thanks I am roughly at about .04 g per dose or about 40 mg and that is why our comparisons differ but I LOVE my Rev. I use it at home, on the go (rarely unless its a long drive), and basically anywhere I go. Much respect for keeping your tolerance in check.

Thanks, but I didn't say I could keep it in check, did I? I do try though, really I do. For the reasons you cite. I'm sure working around it would change that.....ever see a skinny baker? So, yeah, take four to my one and we're probably on track. Cool machine. You know, I've been spending some 'quality time' with this new DART cart (funny name.....reminds me of a cheap Dodge) and I think if a guy really put his mind to it, 20mg hits are within reach. The self feed seems to be able to keep the load in 'the sweet spot' for quick heat ups and good 'throttle response' to control the hit rate (as much as you can). I've found myself 'hitting the chicken switch' (dropping power) a far bit, something I don't think has been happening all that much.

Clearly, more testing is needed. Best get to it, won't do itself you know.

Thanks and best wishes.

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Thanks and best wishes.

OF
As always, doing the dirty work for us all, OF. We thank you, sir. I do appreciate your selfless acts, as I'm sure do others. You do yoeman's work, my friend.

Stu,

OF

As always, doing the dirty work for us all, OF. We thank you, sir. I do appreciate your selfless acts, as I'm sure do others. You do yoeman's work, my friend.

Hey, remember what Winnie (Churchill) said, "They also serve, who only stand and wait". True in the Blitz, true today. I know that should I fall, the next stout lad will pick the colors from the dust and press the attack forward.

Such thoughts give comfort in trying times, and strength to carry on.....

Rest assured, without you it would not be possible. They'd never give me these neat prototypes to mess with..........

OF

OF,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Thanks, but I didn't say I could keep it in check, did I? I do try though, really I do. For the reasons you cite. I'm sure working around it would change that.....ever see a skinny baker? So, yeah, take four to my one and we're probably on track. Cool machine. You know, I've been spending some 'quality time' with this new DART cart (funny name.....reminds me of a cheap Dodge) and I think if a guy really put his mind to it, 20mg hits are within reach. The self feed seems to be able to keep the load in 'the sweet spot' for quick heat ups and good 'throttle response' to control the hit rate (as much as you can). I've found myself 'hitting the chicken switch' (dropping power) a far bit, something I don't think has been happening all that much.

Thanks and best wishes.

OF

Don't knock the Dodge Dart! I had a '63 with a pushbutton automatic transmission (button lights were all different colors) and one of, if not the best, engine Detroit ever built...the MOPAR Slant 6.

Definitely agree with you on the Omicron...good to keep things rolling. Carts are a weakness of the whole system however.

Value your observations and knowledge, but am amazed that you are able to "work" so diligently as a beta tester, etc and remain as lucid as you are.
Per your positive remarks I tried some Pure Gold for the first time in my Rev. Indeed. The first thing I said was "Wow, that's some serious shit". Oddly enough my wife maintains I said "Whoot, wrang grabble te frit" or something like that. :smug:
PG, Dart, and Ultra will be an interesting combo.

OF

Don't knock the Dodge Dart! I had a '63 with a pushbutton automatic transmission (button lights were all different colors) and one of, if not the best, engine Detroit ever built...the MOPAR Slant 6.

Value your observations and knowledge, but am amazed that you are able to "work" so diligently as a beta tester, etc and remain as lucid as you are.

Per your positive remarks I tried some Pure Gold for the first time in my Rev. Indeed. The first thing I said was "Wow, that's some serious shit". Oddly enough my wife maintains I said "Whoot, wrang grabble te frit" or something like that. :smug:
PG, Dart, and Ultra will be an interesting combo.

Hey, no need to sell me on the slant 6. In a misspent youth I drove a 'seasoned' 66 Dodge Hippie Van to the Arctic Circle and back. 3500 miles on dirt to the end of civilization. Took some spares, we did fine but within the next 10,000 miles 3 of 4 of the brand new steel belted radials I bought for the trip blew out. That was one tough machine.

Thanks for the lucid comment, that's the goal (communication). You should see what a mess I am when I straighten up.....scary.

I think your combo isn't as much interesting as dangerous. A guy could get hurt that way you know.

Next time you go to test the PG, give the wife some first. You'll make more sense.

OF

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Hey, no need to sell me on the slant 6. In a misspent youth I drove a 'seasoned' 66 Dodge Hippie Van to the Arctic Circle and back. 3500 miles on dirt to the end of civilization. Took some spares, we did fine but within the next 10,000 miles 3 of 4 of the brand new steel belted radials I bought for the trip blew out. That was one tough machine.

Thanks for the lucid comment, that's the goal (communication). You should see what a mess I am when I straighten up.....scary.

I think your combo isn't as much interesting as dangerous. A guy could get hurt that way you know.

Next time you go to test the PG, give the wife some first. You'll make more sense.

OF
That was the van with the engine right between the front seats, right? Great in winter, but hot as hell in the summer as I recall. Could work on the engine out of the elements thought on the plus side.

Wife set the pipe aside several years ago, however now functions as my official Care Provider (in more ways than one I'm sure she'd agree). Looking into the CBD rich varieties currently available to see if they might be of benefit to her.

May you live in interesting times indeed.

Sinclue,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
Thanks OF for answering all these questions, Pretty much hitting the nail on the head!

Im trying to think what was covered....

Google checkout is having problems with some transactions on what seems to be completely random situations. were working hard to get our new processor up and running, shouldnt be a long ways away now.

When charging i always keep the UltraFire on the lowest Mah setting to give the batteties a slow strong charge. Also you must check that the voltage is on the appropriate setting (eg. 3.2 for RCR123AA, 3.7 for 14500, 3.7 for 10440)

anything else i forgot?

SameOldTim,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The new Alpha Battery supplies are in limited quantities so get them while you can, the ultimate in Revolution sleekness!

Is that forever, or just this round of production?? Are you saying get them now or never?

not sure if this got answered in all that... did I miss something??

jambandphan03,

OF

OK, feeling a bit of a wild hair, I broke with the testing of the new DART cart for a quick spin with the Pure-Flow filter. First I tried it on my T1 (where it was originally designed to go). I found it an interesting change but it was hard to control the heat for me. More testing is needed.

Then the mistakes. I put it on the DART which I'm driving mostly by routine. I take Tim's 'test puffs' every few seconds (after say ten) until I get good vapor production then shift to a steady pull though the hit, working on keeping the draw speed as low as possible for maximum strength. This way you don't need the taste and heat feedback like with T1. I just stuck it on top instead of the mouthpiece. It adds 3/4 inch to the stack. Wow! Then without thinking (and ignoring the warnings....) I put a couple of drops of water in not expecting much change. Wrong again. Seriously overtoked. Really snuck up on me. Dangerous. I took it back off again, I'll mess with it later as a separate deal.

I pass this on since I know there's guys that don't mind this kind of stuff. And I know for a lot of guys $30 is a big deal (a gram of oil if you're lucky?). I'm not sure it's a good idea for routine use, but I'm thinking you can get a lot of fun from this sucker from time to time at least. Do be careful, the extra restriction and lower heat (more so with water) can sure fool you into taking in more than you expect with this combination.

You've been warned.....

OF

OF,

felderosa

hi guys, I've been looking at thermovape's for a week or so now, and I'm really excited about it because it seems like the next device that will define portable vaporizing. I'm most interested in using it with the revolution DART for oil, since I have a volcano and oils don't seem to work as well with it. Is there a starter kit that includes the DART piece?

felderosa,

OF

not available yet, but i would imagine that will likely change soon. would be cool to see a drop down with Rev and mouthpiece option when adding to the cart.

I agree. This is moving fast, but it seems natural to have such a package spelled out. Until then, I'd give them a call or email with what you need. Thus far they've been very sensitive to pricing so 'early adopters' break even later on. They claim to appreciate their customers and have a record to back it up. I wouldn't worry if I was in your place, Felderosa. The sooner you get it on order, the sooner it gets there and it has to do that before you can enjoy it.

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
God, I am so pissed off.

I got my thermovape revolution LV w/ universal adaptor today. I was excited beyond belief.

1) The "universal adapter" is not universal. It bottoms out on my omicron v2 and does not screw in all the way. No heat, no vapor after loading .15g of cherry AK earwax.
2) The "universal adapter" shorts. I tried this on the omicron v1, omicron v2, and atmos RAW. All three batteries come up with a instant blue light, solid on without blinking for about 4 seconds whether i'm pressing the button or not.
3) Tried a onelove->omicron 510->601 adapter. No short on the omicron v2, but shorts the atmos batt as well as the v1 batt.

After about 15 minutes of consecutive non-stop "priming", the revolutino LV was starting to get warm and melted the wax down. I believe this was just from battery heat. The white ceramic element never glowed or heated anything no matter how long i held down the omicron button (with a 7 second timeout this thing is completey useless).

So pissed, so disappointed. After the atmosRAW experience I was pretty disappointed, but after another $80 spent for another POS, I'm just about ready to give up and cry. There's wax all over the outside of this thing (smeared all over the windows while i kept opening/closing to see), and not a speck of vapor yet. Wax is all gone. fuck this shit.

kertong,

JoeKickass

God, I am so pissed off.

I got my thermovape revolution LV w/ universal adaptor today. I was excited beyond belief.

1) The "universal adapter" is not universal. It bottoms out on my omicron v2 and does not screw in all the way. No heat, no vapor after loading .15g of cherry AK earwax.
2) The "universal adapter" shorts. I tried this on the omicron v1, omicron v2, and atmos RAW. All three batteries come up with a instant blue light, solid on without blinking for about 4 seconds whether i'm pressing the button or not.
3) Tried a onelove->omicron 510->601 adapter. No short on the omicron v2, but shorts the atmos batt as well as the v1 batt.

After about 15 minutes of consecutive non-stop "priming", the revolutino LV was starting to get warm and melted the wax down. I believe this was just from battery heat. The white ceramic element never glowed or heated anything no matter how long i held down the omicron button (with a 7 second timeout this thing is completey useless).

So pissed, so disappointed. After the atmosRAW experience I was pretty disappointed, but after another $80 spent for another POS, I'm just about ready to give up and cry. There's wax all over the outside of this thing (smeared all over the windows while i kept opening/closing to see), and not a speck of vapor yet. Wax is all gone. fuck this shit.

It looks like gentleman's brand re-did their adapter and have seperate versions now, this is what I was planning to try: http://gentlemansvapes.com/products/510-ego-rx-thread-unlocker

threads.jpg

JoeKickass,

kertong

*please delete me*
Well, I've isolated it to the "universal adapter".

I took a hammer to it, popped the "floating pin" off (the main cause of the problem and short in the first place), fit it back with adjustments, and now if I screw things on very very loosely, I can get a very faint pink/orange glow from the ceramic element. Still no vapor though.

But once I "tighten" things down, instantly the heat goes out, and depending on what batt I'm using, the LED will either flash, or stay on solid indicating a short.

Sigh... $300 spent this week, all of it wasted on "vaporizers" that don't give me any vapor. :(

Hey OF, want a revolution LV? I'll throw in the atmos RAW for free. (laughs from sadness)

kertong,

OF

God, I am so pissed off.

Hold on, don't panic. I think you're using it wrong. The center pin floats. Are you screwing the gizzie on the cart first? You should be......

That it? Mine's fine......

OF

OF,

kertong

*please delete me*
Yup! I'm a bit of an engineer myself, and the floating pin is faulty. It still shorts. If I screw the bottom adapter onto the batt first without the TVR attached, it still doesn't thread all the way on the v2.

The plastic insulator around the pin was way too thick and rigid. It prevented the floating pin from moving "up" into the adapter, which is why the top pin never made contact with the LV + portion of the REV.

Either way, I have a defective universal adapter. What a POS. Did exactly what the instructions told me to do (screwed adapter onto batt until tight, then tightened TVRLV onto it).

I'm pretty sure it's the universal adapter's fault if it doesn't work on either my omicron v1, omicron v2, or atmosRAW battery.

I'm not really panicking, I know exactly what's wrong. It's a shoddy adapter with loose tolerances and no QA. That's why I'm so disappointed. Had this TVR for about 7 hours now, .2g of wax lost, about 8 fistfuls of hair lying on the ground, and not a single wisp of vapor. Sorry, but I am *really* angry because of that. :( Almost tempted to drive up to Palo Alto headquarters with demands, and eggs+megaphone in case those fall through..

Tonight's 7pm showing of the lorax at san jose drive in has been ruined by Thermovape.

kertong,
Top Bottom