Discontinued ThermoVape Revolution for concentrates

ioright

Cloud Connoisseur
I know that there is supposed to be a gap. You should not be able to see metal coils through an intact ceramic disc however. Sorry for being unclear t-dub, it was difficult to see conclusively what the problem was until I had cleaned the damn thing. After cleaning it looked more like the ceramic had cracked therefore revealing the coils underneath.

Here is a picture:
BrokenRevolution.jpg

ioright,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
is it just me, but I decided to try out a gentleman's brand 510 kit called the ambassador v2. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008AE2BNW/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00 I was hoping it would be compatible with the D.A.R.T LV and wow this is acutely a very nice addition to my family already. The kit comes with a usb passthrough 510 pen, with some cool features that surprised me because being a big fan of omicron didn't have high hopes for this. anyway the kit also comes with a mini ecig like 510 stick. This is cool and almost like the thermovape ultralite but with a button. Very sleek, easy to make clouds on the dart lv. Onto the part I wanted to get to. apparently in the instructions, the pen has 3 heat modes. Very intreating. Cycling between 5 button clicks goes from red, purple, and blue. hot, hotter, and hottest, respectively. I don't know the exact loads on each setting but wow the purple and blue are amazing with the dart and the passthrough means I can hit it all I want when I'm at the computer without worrying about charge. Just wanted to share my experiences and if anyone knew anything about the heat settings! Anyway I will be making bigger clouds on my Dart than I ever could. cheers :cheers:

kushcabbage,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
please, please, anyone else explain to him the ecig world and gman's markup
Thanks for that. I know their markup and their bad customer service, I'm not in the ecig city mate I'll try a product because I can, and it's available. I'm sure many here aren't fond of gentleman's and i'm sure atmos has the same feelings? All I'd like to know is how the heat settings work, I don't need an explanation on corporate bullshit? I'll look for a product if it's 510 like my dart and 3.7 why not?
edit: just looking for some help on a product that seems compatible with my dart. If there's a legitimate reason it won't work let me know, other wise I like products that work, and make clouds. Again, cheers

kushcabbage,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I know that there is supposed to be a gap. You should not be able to see metal coils through an intact ceramic disc however. Sorry for being unclear t-dub, it was difficult to see conclusively what the problem was until I had cleaned the damn thing. After cleaning it looked more like the ceramic had cracked therefore revealing the coils underneath.

Here is a picture:
BrokenRevolution.jpg

yeah, that looks like a broken ceramic disk to me... only half of it there. I'd contact TV directly, and attach the picture with your email, if you bought it within 3 months it should be under warranty.

jambandphan03,
Thanks for that. I know their markup and their bad customer service, I'm not in the ecig city mate I'll try a product because I can, and it's available. I'm sure many here aren't fond of gentleman's and i'm sure atmos has the same feelings? All I'd like to know is how the heat settings work, I don't need an explanation on corporate bullshit? I'll look for a product if it's 510 like my dart and 3.7 why not?
edit: just looking for some help on a product that seems compatible with my dart. If there's a legitimate reason it won't work let me know, other wise I like products that work, and make clouds. Again, cheers
It sounds like it is similar to some ego "vv" batts. If I remember correct, the lowest setting is about 3v-3.2v, the middle is a constant 3.7v, and the hottest is a constant 4.2v. The middle is probably best, but TV could maybe chime in to say if a constant 4.2v is safe for a LV dart/rev. It already see's 4.2 for a little while on fresh batteries, but constant 4.2v may deplete life time or worse. I live on the wild side a bit, so I'd be ripping 4.2 till she dies, but that's just me. I figure warm up time would be quicker, but that probably means more thermal shock.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
no sweat. maybe gman can help?

Bob Loblaw,

OF

It sounds like it is similar to some ego "vv" batts. If I remember correct, the lowest setting is about 3v-3.2v, the middle is a constant 3.7v, and the hottest is a constant 4.2v.

I recall someone (Stu?) having a brief fling with this guy before moving on. I don't recall all the details but I don't think it stood up too well over even a medium time frame???

At some level Volts is Volts. I've got a mixed bag of TV, THC, Atmos, a couple of 'no name' VV supplies I really like and the odd e-cig or two. And a couple of home made ones too. Give or take an adapter or two they all seem to do the job, they're only tools in the end. I think folks should explore this area if they feel so inclined. Another facet on this fun hobby/lifestyle we share?

OF

OF,
I recall someone (Stu?) having a brief fling with this guy before moving on. I don't recall all the details but I don't think it stood up too well over even a medium time frame???

At some level Volts is Volts. I've got a mixed bag of TV, THC, Atmos, a couple of 'no name' VV supplies I really like and the odd e-cig or two. And a couple of home made ones too. Give or take an adapter or two they all seem to do the job, they're only tools in the end. I think folks should explore this area if they feel so inclined. Another facet on this fun hobby/lifestyle we share?

OF
You have quite an array of power sources there. OF, do you ever put your vapor through water?

havealight101,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
seriously not trying to start shit, just tired of explaining why these guys are messed up, imo. if you want to pay more to support a ripoff company that is fully your business, just wanted you to at least make an informed decision. plenty of tools out there and it looks like you've figured out how to use this one. be careful w/ overheating. that dart get toastier than most ego-vv mods were designed to. good luck

Bob Loblaw,

OF

You have quite an array of power sources there. OF, do you ever put your vapor through water?

Every once in a while. Nothing fancy. I'm often testing some aspect or bit of gear. Other times I tend to 'sip' as I do other things (which is why I have so many portables I guess?), I seldom sit down for a old fashioned 'getting blasted' session.

I've also got a couple Iolites, several MFLBs, at VG or two...... You know, sickness?

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Every once in a while. Nothing fancy. I'm often testing some aspect or bit of gear. Other times I tend to 'sip' as I do other things (which is why I have so many portables I guess?), I seldom sit down for a old fashioned 'getting blasted' session.

I've also got a couple Iolites, several MFLBs, at VG or two...... You know, sickness?

OF
It started for me with the first pipe/bong I ever tried to build myself... been upgrading ever since. I'm just glad to see tech. catching up to meet my ideals... I was ripping apart and frankenstineing many different e cig atomizers trying to get something close to what we have with the TV products...

OF
I only ask because I never see ya talking glass. I kinda run a muck like you with the portables, but lately this 5" Aqua Vape has been attached to every vape I touch. Not so much for "getting blasted"(but it can), but more so for smooth, cooler, and filtered vapor also no hot air or lips. It sips great also. Look into it, you might like it, or not. It's also a nice set of training wheels to see vapor production.
Not trying to sell ya, just sharing my joy. Old man lungs might enjoy some H20. Either way, enjoy your night bud.

havealight101,
Reactions: OF

OF

It started for me with the first pipe/bong I ever tried to build myself... been upgrading ever since.

You shoulda seen some of the nightmare kluges I was responsible early on. Stuff made from wine bottles, a table top water pipe with forced smoke (pressure dome over the bowl with a solenoid run Bic lighter inside and a spark gap to light it....) and even a vape of sorts but I had it all wrong by dumping the herb into the preheated chamber at too high a temperature to 'flash' the THC out, a bong we called 'the trash burner' that had four hoses and was lit with a propane torch. All manner of embarrassing stuff.

I was younger then. Now I pay guys to build the stuff for me. Not as much fun, but the results are better.

OF

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I only ask because I never see ya talking glass. I kinda run a muck like you with the portables, but lately this 5" Aqua Vape has been attached to every vape I touch. Not so much for "getting blasted"(but it can), but more so for smooth, cooler, and filtered vapor also no hot air or lips. It sips great also. Look into it, you might like it, or not. It's also a nice set of training wheels to see vapor production.
Not trying to sell ya, just sharing my joy. Old man lungs might enjoy some H20. Either way, enjoy your night bud.

I'm def. hanging on to my 5" Aquavape, for traveling purposes. It's great for a weekend outing or when I don't want to keep up with larger, or more expensive/delicate glass. Small enough to fit in my case. I have been egging the TV guys on with ideas of incorporating the AV spill resist design into something that can be attached and the same size around as the T1. Of course even better would be something that works with any of the TV products. Would be super cool!

You shoulda seen some of the nightmare kluges I was responsible early on. Stuff made from wine bottles, a table top water pipe with forced smoke (pressure dome over the bowl with a solenoid run Bic lighter inside and a spark gap to light it....) and even a vape of sorts but I had it all wrong by dumping the herb into the preheated chamber at too high a temperature to 'flash' the THC out, a bong we called 'the trash burner' that had four hoses and was lit with a propane torch. All manner of embarrassing stuff.

I was younger then. Now I pay guys to build the stuff for me. Not as much fun, but the results are better.

OF

Makes me think of the Habbitrail bong I built and had to hot glue each air hole to seal it... looked sorta like a vaccume cleaner when I was done. Completely ridiculous. Or the mini portable joint bong I built out of a mini-life savers holes, candy container and a bit of tubing. It was tiny, held about 1/4" of water. :lol: Gotta give us stoners credit for creativity...

My sculpture teacher in HS handed me my piece, not before he took a screw driver and hammer to pop the stem. Also not before he comes from the bathroom all jittery(stimulants). Boooo

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

Makes me think of the Habbitrail bong I built and had to hot glue each air hole to seal it... looked sorta like a vaccume cleaner when I was done. Completely ridiculous. Or the mini portable joint bong I built out of a mini-life savers holes, candy container and a bit of tubing. It was tiny, held about 1/4" of water. :lol: Gotta give us stoners credit for creativity...

I worked at a place with a huge stockroom filled with lots of brass fittings (amongst other keen stuff). Sometimes we'd come back after lunch and build some really strange pipes, they weighted a ton, many over a foot long. Kid stuff in a way. Not practical, but fun.

Have you ever seen a Proto Pipe? I had it's first cousin 'in the day'. An aluminum tube like a cigar tube maybe 3/4 inch in diameter six inches long. The bottom had water in it, the stem stored around the downpipe inside, the bowl stood on a short stem out the top and could be unscrewed, inverted, and screwed back on round end up. It looked like a cigar tube with a very small hole in the top. I put a big clip on it and carried it in my shirt pocket with my pen, a screwdriver and a six inch scale (ruler). With water inside. In less than a minute it could be assembled, filled and lit. Very cool, came from a LHS in the Hight, one off. I lost it, I suspect it went home with a 'friend'. I hope it's still somewhere being used....

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

Yeah, I used the Gent to vape some Omi carts on the run. I have NOT tried it (hell, it's collecting dust) with the Rev.
:peace:

Stu,

OF

Yeah, I used the Gent to vape some Omi carts on the run. I have NOT tried it (hell, it's collecting dust) with the Rev.
:peace:

OK, at least it wasn't a clean miss. Was it you that had it pack in down the line?

Thanks.

OF

OF,

OF

thanks guys, much appreciated! sorry for the attitude in my post yesterday mates. Nothing but respect for y'all. :clap:

You're welcome, of course. And right back at you, respect wise. We all have bad days, few recognize that and fewer still try to benefit from it.

It's the rare gentleman indeed that makes such posts like the above these days. I find it welcome and refreshing....thanks for the post!

OF

Top Bottom