Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

OF

Hmmm... seems like somebody is very medicated. Read PB's post again, and you'll see that the PA availability is already listed for SV Evo and T1. :D :leaf:

My mistake, just corrected, thanks.

OF

OF,

TonyBlaze

Wow! Awesome summary, PB! Really sums it up.

One minor correction, SV Evolution and T1 do have a PA available, you can order them as of a few days ago. LV version is waiting on a suitable supply which I'm sure will materialize in due time.

As a subjective opinion (perhaps the least useful?) I think the T1 does a slightly better job for the purist WRT taste and so on. Either system would serve well, although some might crave small advantages (say not having to stir?).

If you plan to do wax, I definitely suggest considering getting a DART as well. IMO it's the clear winner in many areas there. It's purpose built to vape all sorts of concentrates, not a modified anything else.

However, if oils and waxes are on the list I think you should also add a thread adapter and a few Omicron carts to your list. Go with 2.4 Ohm carts on a LV system (recommended unless you go with T1 which only comes in SV). If you go T1 or for some other reason go with SV Evolution (say faster heat times?) then buy a box of 5 Ohm carts to try. You can screw them into your TV supply any time you want a change of strain or just to 'kick back' with a vape you don't have to reload for many many sessions.

IMO there are a lot of great options here, pretty hard to go far wrong.

Good luck, no need to worry....you will enjoy it. No matter which 'it' it ends up being.

OF

After reading through dozens of pages in this thread and others I have seen many of your post and I can tell you really know your shit so your opinion matters to me

I Know they make the different carts in a LV version but I thought the TV only came in a 6v. Can you swap the batteries like on the Persei to get the LV?

Thank you so much for all the info

TonyBlaze,

OF

After reading through dozens of pages in this thread and others I have seen many of your post and I can tell you really know your shit so your opinion matters to me

I Know they make the different carts in a LV version but I thought the TV only came in a 6v. Can you swap the batteries like on the Persei to get the LV?

Thank you so much for all the info

Thanks for the compliment, glad to pass on what I know if it'll help.

The battery body is common to all, in fact there's a smaller version of it that uses IMR 14500s that's great for Evolution and Revolution/DART IMO. Above that the 'interface' matches the battery diameter on one end, carries the switch and mates with the load through 510 threads. In the case of T1 this also includes part of the thermal core as well. There's also insulated versions which some find useful for Evolution use as it can get pretty warm in use. A very 'open architecture'.

In the large tube, which normally holds two 3.0 Volt batteries in series for 6V SV use, you can also remove the batteries and replace them with a single 17670 battery for 3.7 Volt (LV) use. You'll also need a different charger (although the WF-188 TV supplies will also charge the 3.0s if you have them already).

This is all sorted out if you buy a kit to start with, of course. IMO the major decision is 'do I want to run a T1?'. If so, that much at least has to be SV (no LV T1s at present). IMO this leads to SV use in Evolution, Revolution/DART and anything else you might want. Otherwise you're looking at two sets of batteries, chargers and the possibility you'll screw up and try to run a LV device on six Volts. You're sure to love the extra heat......for several seconds.....

Otherwise, if you don't want T1s, LV is probably a better choice. Longer battery life and only one to deal with gets the nod.

Confusing enough for you?

OF

ctweips

Just purchased the power supply, smooth-flow, and extra long ufo mouthpiece to take advantage of the discount... sadly im out of town and wont see them arrive :uhoh:

ctweips,

TonyBlaze

Thanks for the compliment, glad to pass on what I know if it'll help.

The battery body is common to all, in fact there's a smaller version of it that uses IMR 14500s that's great for Evolution and Revolution/DART IMO. Above that the 'interface' matches the battery diameter on one end, carries the switch and mates with the load through 510 threads. In the case of T1 this also includes part of the thermal core as well. There's also insulated versions which some find useful for Evolution use as it can get pretty warm in use. A very 'open architecture'.

In the large tube, which normally holds two 3.0 Volt batteries in series for 6V SV use, you can also remove the batteries and replace them with a single 17670 battery for 3.7 Volt (LV) use. You'll also need a different charger (although the WF-188 TV supplies will also charge the 3.0s if you have them already).

This is all sorted out if you buy a kit to start with, of course. IMO the major decision is 'do I want to run a T1?'. If so, that much at least has to be SV (no LV T1s at present). IMO this leads to SV use in Evolution, Revolution/DART and anything else you might want. Otherwise you're looking at two sets of batteries, chargers and the possibility you'll screw up and try to run a LV device on six Volts. You're sure to love the extra heat......for several seconds.....

Otherwise, if you don't want T1s, LV is probably a better choice. Longer battery life and only one to deal with gets the nod.

Confusing enough for you?

OF

A little confusing at first but I think I got it. I was leaning toward the T1 as is appeals to me and think would be best for me because I wouldn't mind having an extra set of batteries and charger to run the LV if I wanted to go that route in the future

Will the SV Dart run on 3.7v

TonyBlaze,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
No, the SV dart is also 6v like the T1, those use the same batteries. If you tried to put a 3.7v battery in to run the SV it might get warm, but won't perform. If you were to run a LV 3.7v Dart or other products on 6v it would kill it.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

A little confusing at first but I think I got it. I was leaning toward the T1 as is appeals to me and think would be best for me because I wouldn't mind having an extra set of batteries and charger to run the LV if I wanted to go that route in the future

Will the SV Dart run on 3.7v

No, the SV dart is also 6v like the T1, those use the same batteries. If you tried to put a 3.7v battery in to run the SV it might get warm, but won't perform. If you were to run a LV 3.7v Dart or other products on 6v it would kill it.

Once again, Pam hits the mark quick and right! If you want to run at 3.7 Volts, LV is the unit for you. However, if you're leaning to T1 (IMO top pick for picky herb users), I'd suggest the SV and another set of batteries....you're going to like it and extra charged spares are always comforting. Remember if you want to upgrade your T1 this way you also need the interface adapter to go between the battery and the DART.

Hey, you still have a couple days or so before the sale gets away from you...... Plenty of time to change your mind a few times.

If you've never tried TV gear, you're in for a treat.

OF

marduk

daydreamer
^
Yes it does. Only thing is it doesn't have flooding protection, so if you overfill it and oil runs down through the three air intake holes, you run the risk of the oil going down into the switch. In theory. In practice, as long as you're sensible with the amount of oil you put in, you won't have a problem.

marduk,
Reactions: OF

TonyBlaze

So will the evolution work with the un insulated interface is the only downside that it gets hot

TonyBlaze,

OF

So will the evolution work with the un insulated interface is the only downside that it gets hot

Yep, works just fine. It's not really hot, IMO, just warm. Even Evolution doesn't make to that hard to work, I don't have an insulated interface and feel no need to rush out and get one.....even at $25 off.

IMO it makes it a little more handy as well to not have the insulated top, I handled one but didn't use it.

OF

OF,

TonyBlaze

Which 3.7v battery is better for use with LV carts 14500 or 17670 or is there another 3.7v battery that works with TV? Also do they carry the WT-188 charger on their site I only see the one that comes with the Alpha

Also does the revolution conversion kit come in LV or do I have to buy the cart and interface separate and does anyone know why it's cheaper to buy them separate then as a kit $84.99 vs $59.99 + $19.99

TonyBlaze,

OF

Which 3.7v battery is better for use with LV carts 14500 or 17670 or is there another 3.7v battery that works with TV? Also do they carry the WT-188 charger on their site I only see the one that comes with the Alpha

Also does the revolution conversion kit come in LV or do I have to buy the cart and interface separate and does anyone know why it's cheaper to buy them separate then as a kit $84.99 vs $59.99 + $19.99

Either work fine, but take different power supplies being very different sizes (physically). Buying either from the start is a different matter of course. The 17670 (in the larger body) has like 3 times the capacity (life between charges), a clear advantage. However the 14500 (in the medium size body) is considerably smaller and easier to carry. Yes, they carry that charger, it's the standard one with the kits for LV of any size, but I can't find stuff I know exists on their site either. Send 'em a message or call and ask is the advice. Great unit, IMO.

As I recall there's some little bit missing if you get it in pieces but don't recall what. Mouthpiece? You might ask at the same time and refresh my memory as well? Yes, it comes in both voltages. You can also ask for the DART version instead of the normal window, recommended unless you're going to be doing bubble a lot in it.

Thanks, and enjoy your new unit.....you picked a winner IMO.

OF

OF,

Killovicz

Is thermoVape working on a variable voltage/wattage version that will run on IMR's?

------------------------------

I was considering to contact proVape & ask 'em if they ware interested in moving on to the matter! I wouldn't bother if thermoVape has one coming out soon!

Lithium-iron, is rather old-school technology at this point where 18350 IMR (3.5cm long) can deliver 80watt's :shock: & it has a capacity of 700mAh!!

I hope that you guys don't get mad at me, I loVe the thermoVape idea & I'm planing to order both LR & SR atty's..

Killovicz,

TonyBlaze

Either work fine, but take different power supplies being very different sizes (physically). Buying either from the start is a different matter of course. The 17670 (in the larger body) has like 3 times the capacity (life between charges), a clear advantage. However the 14500 (in the medium size body) is considerably smaller and easier to carry. Yes, they carry that charger, it's the standard one with the kits for LV of any size, but I can't find stuff I know exists on their site either. Send 'em a message or call and ask is the advice. Great unit, IMO.

As I recall there's some little bit missing if you get it in pieces but don't recall what. Mouthpiece? You might ask at the same time and refresh my memory as well? Yes, it comes in both voltages. You can also ask for the DART version instead of the normal window, recommended unless you're going to be doing bubble a lot in it.

Thanks, and enjoy your new unit.....you picked a winner IMO.

OF

Well I'm getting the T1 kit and want to get the LV Dart so sounds like the 17670 will be the best option and then i can just swap the batteries which really isnt a big deal to me an i plan on getting the EVO LV in the future.

I don't really smoke much bubble usually is some type of wax some gooy some more crumbly like honeycomb so sounds like Dart is best for that even though I probably will end up getting the Window version anyways in the future, I like having many options

Well I think I have finally decided on my next vape and setup thanks OF

TonyBlaze,

OF

Well I'm getting the T1 kit and want to get the LV Dart so sounds like the 17670 will be the best option and then i can just swap the batteries which really isnt a big deal to me an i plan on getting the EVO LV in the future.

I don't really smoke much bubble usually is some type of wax some gooy some more crumbly like honeycomb so sounds like Dart is best for that even though I probably will end up getting the Window version anyways in the future, I like having many options

Well I think I have finally decided on my next vape and setup thanks OF

You're very welcome, glad to help. Sounds to me like you've thought it through very well and have a long range plan to work on, one I'm sure you'll be happy with. It really is first rate gear. The kind of stuff that just feels 'done right' in the hand.

Remember when you order the LV DART and batteries that you'll also need a different charger for them. That charger, WF-188 will also do the 3.0 Volt LiPO4s that drive the T1 (though that charger only does them), you might want to substitute chargers right off? That is I'd ask them to take the '3.0 Volt only' charger out and substitute the WF-188 in anticipation of LV duty.

Happy Fourth.

OF

OF,

Killovicz

...sell, sell, sell,,

..I juZ loVe to sell..

080508-201547-959007.jpg

Killovicz,
I just purchased my evo a few days ago and I have noticed that the o ring that hold the mouthpiece in place tends to slip down notches until it reaches the bottom rendering it almost unusable. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance. :D

L337Zombie,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just purchased my evo a few days ago and I have noticed that the o ring that hold the mouthpiece in place tends to slip down notches until it reaches the bottom rendering it almost unusable. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance. :D
A gentle twist when inserting/removing seems to help keep the o ring put.
:2c:

Stu,
Reactions: OF

OF

Two techniques work. One, start in the next ring up. The other, twist as you push the cover on.

Take your pick. Or just leave it out. That's the way the originally came, until guys started using the cover for a handle......

Happy Fourth.

OF

OF,
Aha I see thanks very much guys.....although while trying to move it back up my O ring broke.... Oh well. xP

L337Zombie,

OF

Aha I see thanks very much guys.....although while trying to move it back up my O ring broke.... Oh well. xP

I bet they'll send you another if you ask nice. Or do like I do, leave the little SOB out and grab it by the real handle. Little sucker ends up fighting me every time.

Cheers.

OF

OF,

OF

Wait I'm confused.... How do you draw without the mouthpiece and keep from getting burned?

No, leave the ring out. Like I suggested a few posts up. The cover and mouthpiece should still be used. It originally didn't have a ring, they got included after folks started trying to use the cover as a handle to pick it up, much like the Iolite users all do a time or two. The unit works just fine without it. But you need a mouthpiece for sure.....

Sorry for the confusion.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom