Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

PB88123

Vaporist
Am I missing something? All the pics above look like they are for the T1, not the Evo.

The only thing for the EVO from what I can see will be the 6V power supply. Then later on they will come out with a LV power supply.

For the power supply you will have to buy a new battery handle and the power supply for the 6V. So 2 items when they are put up on the web site. Then later on when it is released you can buy one for the car I believe.

PB88123,

ManicMaurice

I noticed mention of the T2 base unit in one of the footnotes in the catalog. Will they also be debuting sometime soon? Beautiful catalog, by the way. I love the informative but simple layout.

Nice find. Sure enough, on the AVA w/ RES eCig Conversion Kit page it says, "These vaporizers require: ThermoVape T1 or T2 Base, or UltraMax base unit." Maybe the T2 is an 18650 battery base?

ManicMaurice,

OF

Am I missing something? All the pics above look like they are for the T1, not the Evo.

Yes, I think you are. The unit screws onto 'everything' (except the mini Alpha) they make. Evolution, Revolution, DART, T1, and the e-cig stuff.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Yes, I think you are. The unit screws onto 'everything' (except the mini Alpha) they make. Evolution, Revolution, DART, T1, and the e-cig stuff.

OF

He's talking about the glass mouthpiece not the power supply. But personally I've never had a problem with taste and I don't know if I'd want to pocket the glass...

Well, that's what I was asking. Any chance something like that glass mouthpiece might be in the works for the Evo?

JoeKickass,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I can't get visible vapor with my evolution in my bubbler :/

Any tips? I never really get much visible vapor with it even with 1 min preheat. Can anyone describe the difference in ideal technique between hitting t1 which I get nice big clouds to the evo?

I expected to like the evo better because of the water pipe design, but the connection isn't amazing so I'm sure I'll get the gong adapter for the t1. Might as well try to learn to use the evo better though.

darkrom,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I can't get visible vapor with my evolution in my bubbler :/

Any tips? I never really get much visible vapor with it even with 1 min preheat. Can anyone describe the difference in ideal technique between hitting t1 which I get nice big clouds to the evo?

I expected to like the evo better because of the water pipe design, but the connection isn't amazing so I'm sure I'll get the gong adapter for the t1. Might as well try to learn to use the evo better though.

Gotta say I just fired up my evo for the first time this morning and mixed results so far....

Managed to get one hit with some good vapor (not sure how) and a ton of wispy hits. I am getting medicated but virtually no flavor or vapor. This reminds me of the MLFB so far. I also managed to combust by pre-heating a bit much I guess.... need to practice more. Love the heft and feel of the device. Just need to dial in the operation. I will visit the guys today at the Cup and get some lessons....

EDIT: Don't want to slight the TV with the MFLB comparo. My MFLB does not get me medicated. This device does... world of differnce right there. Still hoping I run into someone at the cup who can show me the magic of the MFLB.

ru_frothi,

JoeKickass

I also managed to combust by pre-heating a bit much I guess...

The only time I ever combusted was when I really packed the bowl down tight. It's almost impossible to combust if you load it loosely and don't pack it down. Try different inhale speeds after the pre-heat

JoeKickass,
Reactions: OF

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
The only time I ever combusted was when I really packed the bowl down tight. It's almost impossible to combust if you load it loosely and don't pack it down. Try different inhale speeds after the pre-heat

Thanks for the tip Joe....

I didn't pack too hard (actually at all) but I might have been on the power for 45 or MORE seconds without inhaling because I was medicated and doing something else... The grind I put in there was very fine and very dry as well. not my typical product. I just ground up some fresh OG, AfgooWreck, SourD, & The White for the cup today.

I can't test anymore now as I just finished loading and priming a 1.5 for the o-phos and two 4.0's for the Persei to take to the cup today and am plenty medicated. People were wearing out my Persei at the last event. Double Barrel 4.0's

Anyone make it yesterday? Heard it was crowded from Gary. Hopefully today will be more chill but I doubt it....

ru_frothi,

JoeKickass

I didn't pack to hard (actually at all) but I might have been on the power for 45 or seconds without inhaling because I was medicated and doing something else... The grind I put in there was very fine and very dry as well. not my typical product. I just ground up some fresh OG, AfgooWreck, SourD, & The White for the cup today.

Well 45s for the lv evo is something I do pretty often and I don't think is too outside the norm, maybe just the dryness of the material and a fresh battery?

Do you have the 6v evo? That might explain it since the warm-up is faster; 45s might be too much or that one...

JoeKickass,

ctweips

This is the first time I have run into this problem but I was out of town traveling through the state of Vermont and managed to find some local grown. I can tell its real fresh as it seemed real moist and is not vaping well. I'm going to grind it all up and try to let it dry out a bit. Anyone have any other suggestions?

ctweips,

OF

I'm going to grind it all up and try to let it dry out a bit. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Sounds like it just not cured well. That takes time, grinding will help by making more surface. Lots of warm dry air changes are needed. Keep it open in a warm place. I've used a toaster oven (up to say 160 or so?).

Don't do it "a bit", there's water trapped inside cells all through the material which is why it takes so long to 'do it the right way'. Since we're in a rush, get it as dry (on the surface) as you can and hope it's enough.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
After ISO washing the smooth flow the ceramic filter inside now is loose and flops around. I'm concerned about this. Doesn't this increase the chance of ceramic breaking off and being inhaled significantly?

I don't understand why just ISO wash would make it come loose if its not glued in or something. I'm kind of bummed out because IMO this is a pretty expensive piece. I'd rather not buy a third smooth flow, but I'd also rather not inhale ceramic bits either.

darkrom,

ctweips

Sounds like it just not cured well. That takes time, grinding will help by making more surface. Lots of warm dry air changes are needed. Keep it open in a warm place. I've used a toaster oven (up to say 160 or so?).

Don't do it "a bit", there's water trapped inside cells all through the material which is why it takes so long to 'do it the right way'. Since we're in a rush, get it as dry (on the surface) as you can and hope it's enough.

OF
Do you think a hair dryer would work?

ctweips,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
When I was on the road in Amsterdam, and I smoked rather than vaped, I used to crumble up a few grams worth on a piece of paper, and then place the paper on top of a table lamp (on top of the shade, 6" or so from the top of the bulb). That would dry out the fresh weed in 10 minutes, making it suitable for even burning in a joint. I think a hair dryer is overkill, (and remember the scene from one of Woody Allen's movies where he sneezes...)

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
After ISO washing the smooth flow the ceramic filter inside now is loose and flops around. I'm concerned about this. Doesn't this increase the chance of ceramic breaking off and being inhaled significantly?

I don't understand why just ISO wash would make it come loose if its not glued in or something. I'm kind of bummed out because IMO this is a pretty expensive piece. I'd rather not buy a third smooth flow, but I'd also rather not inhale ceramic bits either.

There defiantly is no glue of any kind in the smooth-flow. That is very strange that it could have came loose as the "press" of the two pieces encapsulates it.

Shoot us an e-mail at Sales@thermovape.com and we'll send you out a new one

SameOldTim,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
There defiantly is no glue of any kind in the smooth-flow. That is very strange that it could have came loose as the "press" of the two pieces encapsulates it.

Shoot us an e-mail at Sales@thermovape.com and we'll send you out a new one

I thought it was pressed in there and I knew you didn't use glue, I didn't mean to even suggest the idea. I was just shocked that BECAUSE there was no glue why the hell did it fall out like that? I'll send you guys an email though. I really appreciate it! I love the smooth flow. It seems overpriced, yet the day I lost my first one I ordered the second...I guess that defines value :lol:

Anyway you guys rock for replacing it! Should I avoid iso washing those things or should it be ok with the replacement?

darkrom,

OF

Should I avoid iso washing those things or should it be ok with the replacement?

Boy, I hope not....I've done it a couple of times, not that it really needed it but I was cleaning the DART.....

Did it actually come out? I looked at the pieces one time, the ceramic ring was tight fit as I recall, once pressed home, the other half seemed to lock it in solid.

Strange.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Boy, I hope not....I've done it a couple of times, not that it really needed it but I was cleaning the DART.....

Did it actually come out? I looked at the pieces one time, the ceramic ring was tight fit as I recall, once pressed home, the other half seemed to lock it in solid.

Strange.

OF

That's what it is. Tim confirmed they are just press fit. It didn't come out as in fall out but it is somehow either smaller or the gap is larger because I can shake it around and see nothing at all holding it any more. I'll get some pics soon for science haha.

darkrom,

marduk

daydreamer
Now I'm wondering about my smooth-flow. It's not supposed to rattle at all? Mine had a slight rattle when I first got it, then a more pronounced rattle after I soaked and boiled it. I didn't really give it much thought after using it, since it seemed to work just fine.

I figured the rattle was normal, but since I cleaned it before first use, I don't know how one that doesn't rattle would perform compared to mine. Part of me is thinking it's not worth the hassle to exchange it, the other is thinking I could be missing out on better performance. Hmmm...

marduk,

OF

That's what it is. Tim confirmed they are just press fit. It didn't come out as in fall out but it is somehow either smaller or the gap is larger because I can shake it around and see nothing at all holding it any more. I'll get some pics soon for science haha.

It's held in by a shoulder in the bore of the lower piece and the mouth of the upper one. It's mechanically trapped in there. It's a 'slip fit' in the lower part, and a 'press fit' for the upper piece. It should have a bit of play, of course, but shouldn't rattle much I'd think.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom