Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I bought a black sleeve from TV a couple of weeks back, and had a heck of a time switching the white one to the black one. I ended up soaking them in hot water to get them to loosen up. I think TV said to even dip them in boiling hot water for a few seconds, to soften them, I just don't have good heat resistant gloves to work with, so I ran our tap as hot as it would go. I still had a little trouble getting it to let go. Also be aware of how you line it up to get it back on, I had to try a couple of times to get mine lined up correctly. Anyone else have a better idea of how to take them on/off??

jambandphan03,

PB88123

Vaporist
im curious about the delrin outer sleeve and how it comes off. mine is on very tight and wont even budge. even when hot its not movin. is there a trick to it?

i dont really want to use it w/out the delrin sleeve when using my Evo, but i may want to shed a little OD if im just using my Dart.

At the 2:33 mark.

I boil mine to loosen it up.

2clicker

Observer
I bought a black sleeve from TV a couple of weeks back, and had a heck of a time switching the white one to the black one. I ended up soaking them in hot water to get them to loosen up. I think TV said to even dip them in boiling hot water for a few seconds, to soften them, I just don't have good heat resistant gloves to work with, so I ran our tap as hot as it would go. I still had a little trouble getting it to let go. Also be aware of how you line it up to get it back on, I had to try a couple of times to get mine lined up correctly. Anyone else have a better idea of how to take them on/off??

At the 2:33 mark.

I boil mine to loosen it up.

thanks. that should help.

2clicker,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
thanks. that should help.

We have tightened up the delrin outer sleeve since this video, it would be much more difficult to push it off the main body. Putting them in boiling water will expand them and ease in the re-installation of the delrin on to the body.

The new Evolution Interface also has an outer Delrin cap, it is a press fit with aligning pins to stop rotational spin. It is removable to allow adaptation to other current and future Res systems, it does take some effort to press it back together (make sure pins are aligned), Put it in some hot water for a few and it will go right on.

I hope everyone is liking their Evo-LV, defiantly a tough sucker to make!

Cheers,
Tim

SameOldTim,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
indeed we are. i placed an order today for the new interface, black Evo sleeve, and a 17670.

at this pace im gonna need yet another job... :freak:

I know, right now I have an open shopping cart with a few items including the stand alone T1, which I absolutely don't need right now, but still want it anyway. Play now, pay later... haha :p I am holding out a few more days to make sure there isn't anything else I want to tack onto the order before I go forward.

I am loving both the LV and regular Evo, I rotate between them, and each has it's sweet spot. I have actually been running my LV on the lil'chuck again using the 18350 battery. It seems to pack enough juice to make it through one load, so I can save wear on my more expensive 17670 batteries.

Anyone using the smooth-flow? Any feedback on it? I have the pure-flow, but it's a bit restrictive for the Evo.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Ok, just decided to go for the T1, and added the smooth-flow in while I was at it. Time to start working up some tiedyes to sell this summer :brow:

jambandphan03,

niceone

My Evo arrived in the mail today, but I can't open it because I still don't know my options re the colour switch. If I'm going to exchange it I will just leave it in the package and send it back. It's taking all my willpower not to rip open the envelope!

I bought a black sleeve from TV a couple of weeks back, and had a heck of a time switching the white one to the black one.

We have tightened up the delrin outer sleeve since this video, it would be much more difficult to push it off the main body. Putting them in boiling water will expand them and ease in the re-installation of the delrin on to the body.

Sounds like I would have trouble, I'm not very strong. Could a strong electrician do this fairly easily?

niceone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I don't have very strong hands either. I found a dowel that fit up inside the battery chamber to help with pulling the sleeve off. I set the dowel on end against the kitchen counter, and put the warmed up battery chamber on the end, and pulled down, once the sleeve started moving it went quick. Then I did the same putting the new one on, but it was a bit trickier getting it to line up using a downward push like I was. I hope that makes sense.

jambandphan03,

niceone

I don't have very strong hands either. I found a dowel that fit up inside the battery chamber to help with pulling the sleeve off. I set the dowel on end against the kitchen counter, and put the warmed up battery chamber on the end, and pulled down, once the sleeve started moving it went quick. Then I did the same putting the new one on, but it was a bit trickier getting it to line up using a downward push like I was. I hope that makes sense.

It does, thanks.

You have to replace more than just the sleeve to make it entirely black though, don't you? What about the part on top (the mouthpiece?)

niceone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, there is the heat shield/that goes over the heat core (bowl) and there is the insulated interface (what the heat core screws into) that is also new. If you just got a new kit, I would contact TV about replacing or trading in parts. I am sure they will work something out with you.

jambandphan03,

niceone

If you just got a new kit, I would contact TV about replacing or trading in parts. I am sure they will work something out with you.

I've been e-mailing since Saturday; they say they'll work with me. I'm waiting to hear back and will let you all know how it goes.

Meanwhile my unopened Evo is mocking me from two feet away...

niceone,

NoName

'Ding Dong' (doorbell) - besides my wife, the most beautiful sound I've heard today. MY LV BLACK EVOLUTION AND DART ARE HERE!!!! As most of you can attest, these devices are really made well. Fit/finish is top rate AND THE FREE EXTENDED MOUTHPIECE WAS A NICE SURPRISE (guess I'll force myself to order some extra batts..hehe)!!!

Well batts charged and I'm off for 'test and evaluation'. Thanks ThermoVape.
NoName

NoName,

ThermoVape

Vaporizer Manufacturer
Manufacturer
'Ding Dong' (doorbell) - besides my wife, the most beautiful sound I've heard today. MY LV BLACK EVOLUTION AND DART ARE HERE!!!! As most of you can attest, these devices are really made well. Fit/finish is top rate AND THE FREE EXTENDED MOUTHPIECE WAS A NICE SURPRISE (guess I'll force myself to order some extra batts..hehe)!!!

Well batts charged and I'm off for 'test and evaluation'. Thanks ThermoVape.
NoName

You are welcome, very excited to hear your thoughts. :D

Cheers,

ThermoVape

ThermoVape,

Cheers,

ThermoVape

Got my EvoLV in the mail today.

Seems like good build quality. The threads are nice and tight. The unit is smaller and lighter than I imagined (I am used to holding a ProVari). Battery was shipped almost full. Needed a 20 min top up to reach 4.20v.

I'll put it through the paces once the kids go to bed tonight.

Reverend Irreverent,

NoName

Cheers,

ThermoVape
Holy Sh_t!! Send more batts!!! (unfortunately the second package that I received did not contain my extra batts. No fault of TV, the batts weren't available on the website when I ordered). That being said, After topping off my batt, I loaded a med-grind loosely packed medicinal and got ready to go to work. By habit I like to use a piece of transparent medical grade tubing to attach to any devices' mouthpiece-for me at least, it allows me to 'see' my results regardless of the device and to adjust my inhale accordingly. I was able to get approx seven 15sec draws from this first bowl. The taste from the first 2 draws was amazing-full flavored to say the least. Progressively less flavorful but certainly still potent. With the aid of the tubing I was able to get some visible vapor, but like I think Jamband experienced-it was more easily visible under certain light conditions (btw Jam your posts were very helpful-Thanks!). Sadly, an unavoidable errand has surfaced and testing must be delayed......
NoName

jambandphan03

in flavor country
:clap: Happy to see you finding success with your Evo NoName! Glad I could be of some help in the learning curve. I was using the clear tubing for the Omicron to get the hang of it, not sure why I skipped it with the Evo, but the lamp trick works good enough for me, and I don't have to make myself cross eyed to watch it :o

B.

War Criminal
The black EVO's been callin my name for a bit now, and I couldn't help but pull the trigger today as a nice lil bonus came thru at work :) I'm a goof tho, and I ordered while talking on the phone, I was a little too distracted and neglected to put my street name in the address line:doh:

Lucky for me ThermoEssence has a great staff, and when my order came through with no street name to work with, they caught it IMMEDIATELY, and called me right away. I was unable to answer my phone, so they tracked down my address in their system from a previous order, added the correct street name and shipped it, all before I could find a free moment to return their call.

Great job team Thermo, thank you for taking that extra step. Little things like this are the building blocks that lead to a strong base of loyal customers. I've been really impressed with your dedication to quality and service. Keep it up.

Thanks again, can't wait to give my EVO a try. :)

I will definitely be making a video for your awesome contest. What a great opportunity, thanks yet again!!

3 fills in and trying to get the hang of my evoLV

I have to give at least a 20 sec warm up if I want to start seeing or feeling any vapor. Should I be drawing as lightly as with the MFLB? I'm getting around 5 pulls before it starts tasting done. I read others get more. I am filling to the rim. Should I lightly pack the material in, or continue to just slide some in till it's full?

Also, if I push the cap "all the way down" it drops lower than the evo unit and completely cuts off the air-flow, I imagine I want air-flow and should be pressing the cap down until its comfortably seated at the same level as the base and no further.

Reverend Irreverent,

PB88123

Vaporist
3 fills in and trying to get the hang of my evoLV

I have to give at least a 20 sec warm up if I want to start seeing or feeling any vapor. Should I be drawing as lightly as with the MFLB? I'm getting around 5 pulls before it starts tasting done. I read others get more. I am filling to the rim. Should I lightly pack the material in, or continue to just slide some in till it's full?

Also, if I push the cap "all the way down" it drops lower than the evo unit and completely cuts off the air-flow, I imagine I want air-flow and should be pressing the cap down until its comfortably seated at the same level as the base and no further.

This is nothing like the MFLB.

First, with it empty turn it on and look at the core warm up. When using this device you draw in room temperature air and it gets heated up by the core and then when inhaling you are pulling the air through the herb and into your mouth. So you want a constant 20 second inhale in a steady but slow way. Like you are sucking up a milk shake through a straw.

Now that you understand how the device works loosely fill it to the top and put on the cover.

Hold the switch up and wait for the core to heat up. Now start a slow and steady inhale for 20 seconds. Then do it again. The more times in a row you use it the less required heat up time there is. The best way to see how long it takes to warm up is when it's empty just turn it on and watch. Then turn it off and back on and see how long it takes. Then you can get a feel for how long you need to wait for it to heat up before starting your inhale.

Depending on the quality you put in will determine how many hits you get out of it. Once you get the hang of it you should be able to get a couple good size hits or more!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, you have it going about right so far. Which battery voltage are you running? I noticed lately mine are taking closer to 15-20 seconds for full heat up. It gets hot around 10 sec then I let it heat a little longer. So that might need to be updated information. The reason I ask about voltage, I am noticing at 6v, the batteries don't seem to discharge evenly, and sometimes I get more performance from some than others, as I am rotating through them. I usually get good 5-6 solid pulls on a fresh charge, and started noticing that after that, the charge starts to decline and I am getting a good heat up, but the vapor production starts to reduce, as the herb gets more toasted. Performance is varying depending on which set of batteries I am using with the 6v. Over all I am getting somewhere between 8-10 hits from a load, but sometimes I will remove the batteries when I notice the decline and pop in freshies to finish off the load.

I have been scooping up ground herb from the grinder, and just filling the chamber with out packing it down. I might tap the very top to get any loose bits down into the chamber. Maybe try loading it a bit looser for a couple of rounds to see if that helps. I also notice if you push the cap too hard, it will block air flow as you discovered, just pull it back up a few mm, just enough to get air again if this happens (that's what I do anyway) I usually start with a slow draw on the first hit, as it is warming to temp so I don't cool down the coils too much... then as I get through the bowl, and the unit heats up more, I can draw much harder and get more hot air to pull through the chamber. You just want to be sure your bowl is pretty hot before you increase the inhale too much. Be patient, it took me a few of days messing with it to understand where the sweet spots are, and I am still learning and fine tuning after a week+ of use. If you are not sure you are getting much vapor, grab a flashlight or lamp and blow your hits at the light so you can see what you have exhaled. I hope this helps, I am just going by what I am experiencing, been chain vaping with this thing since I got it...

Top Bottom