Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

2clicker

Observer
That doesn't look right, I have 2 of the battery chambers w/ black derlin and neither of them look scratched up like that.

been considering emailing TV about it, but im not sure if im just being picky...?

that is exactly how it came to me. i noticed it right away, but tried to forget about it. that is proving hard to do.

2clicker,
I always charge on the lower Mah setting, its like a trickle charge and your batteries will last longer, the 650mah setting i reserve for the 17670's and larger batteries.

Cheers,

Tim

My battery is a 17670, so would you still advise the lower mah as a regular habit or just use the higher mah routinely?

TheDudeNextDoor,

ctweips

Howdy all. I have had and been usin my Evo 6v almost everyday for the last four weeks. Lately I've started to get less visible vapor than earlier and I was curious what some reasons for this could be. I was thinking it could be due to my batteries which I have had since I purchased my revolution in february. How much does cleaning affect performance? Also my switch is sticky so I'm not always positive it's making contact.

I also have the domed screen mod.

ctweips,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
If you are using the 6v version, and had your batteries since Feb, I would say it's a safe bet that they are getting used up. I found a good price on 3.0v lifepo4 batteries from Amazon.com. Have you done anything to clean your evolution heat core? Maybe an Iso soak, then a good rince in hot tap water, and drying out properly might help too??

jambandphan03,

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
Still playing around with the LV and I am getting pretty good vapor. I think we are seeing less vapor due to vapor to air ratio. My NO2 is like sucking on a milk shake vs the LV which is free flow. I have noticed I am using about twice the amount of herb than my NO2 to get me to where I want to be. My wife tried it last night and loves it! She told me to get the Dart for this ASAP! (Venom Oil really helps with her pain)

Vape N Bake,
So i combusted in my Evo today. Heres some factors that may have contributed to my combustion.
1. Herbals Consistency
2. Dome Screen
3. Packing technique
4. Heating process
5. Draw speed.

I used finely grinded herbs, packed tightly, a domed screen on top, with 10-13 seconds of heat, and a slow draw.

Just wanted to share my experience so you guys dont make the same mistake.

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
So i combusted in my Evo today. Heres some factors that may have contributed to my combustion.
1. Herbals Consistency
2. Dome Screen
3. Packing technique
4. Heating process
5. Draw speed.

I used finely grinded herbs, packed tightly, a domed screen on top, with 10-13 seconds of heat, and a slow draw.

Just wanted to share my experience so you guys dont make the same mistake.
Thanks for taking one for the team!

Vape N Bake,
Haha no problem. It was quite a surprise. I used to be a huge blunt smoker and man it brought back some memories. Just goes to show that the Evolution can pack a punch!

VaporBoxed,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I did that too, when I first put the spring in the top, similar conditions to what you listed, and I was running it a little too long before hitting it during the warm up... space case... I didn't create a cherry or anything, it basically burned the bottom layer a bit, when I tapped out the load, most of it was brown, then the very last bit to come out had black bits. Needless to say, I didn't do it that way again. I get that in my T1 sometimes too, if I hit it to slow, or run it too long.

OF

This is interesting. I tried to get it to combust (in fact TV asked me specifically to try....like I wouldn't anyway.....). No luck (if you can call it lucky).

It could, of course, be battery or random unit variation issue or maybe herb but it's also worth noting I never messed about with springs, extra screens, jamming the load down hard or anything like that. I wonder if burning is related to such experiments?

OF

OF,
If I'm not careful, I'm sure my IMR AW 18650 could cause combustion. I have to really watch my heat when they are fresh, black bits were pretty prevalent with out some good switch technique, no screens or hard packing.

havealight101,
This is interesting. I tried to get it to combust (in fact TV asked me specifically to try....like I wouldn't anyway.....). No luck (if you can call it lucky).

It could, of course, be battery or random unit variation issue or maybe herb but it's also worth noting I never messed about with springs, extra screens, jamming the load down hard or anything like that. I wonder if burning is related to such experiments?

OF

I saw your earlier post on this. This is what I believe contributed to my combustion.
1. Herbals Consistency
2. Dome Screen
3. Packing technique
4. Heating process
5. Draw speed.

OF or TV team i have a question. When I heat my EVO i smell combustion because it seems as though small bits fall through the screen holes. I see bits under the holes. Is it safe to blow through the bottom holes out the top?Or should i blow from top to bottom? Or no blowing at all?

TIA

VB.

VaporBoxed,
If I'm not careful, I'm sure my IMR AW 18650 could cause combustion. I have to really watch my heat when they are fresh, black bits were pretty prevalent with out some good switch technique, no screens or hard packing.

I own 18650's. Do you use yours with the LV or HV version?

VaporBoxed,

ManicMaurice

I'm using AW IMR 18650s with the LV version.

I've only had it for 3 days , so I'm still refining my technique, but so far, it definitely gets the job done.

Cool thanks guys.
Thermovape team, do you think it would be okay to try my 18650 bats with my 6v evo?
This is probably a dumb question but im really curious.

VaporBoxed,
Cool thanks guys.
Thermovape team, do you think it would be okay to try my 18650 bats with my 6v evo?
This is probably a dumb question but im really curious.
Don't think so bud, pretty sure its lv only, and as I said, I only know of 1 stackable 18650 mod, and its not VV to bring down to 6v.

havealight101,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I unscrew my Evo and blow through the threaded end regularly, to get bits out of the coil chamber, haven't had any problems there. You probably don't want to blow from the open end, you might push bits down into the air path holes, no point in doing it that way.

jambandphan03,

VAPORIZER22

If you like large clouds but are having trouble getting them with your evo check out this little experiment.

This was the second time I tried this. I am sure I can do better. ... I tried it a couple more times and one time I went to long and it tasted close to smokey.

Hey Bruno,

I ordered some aw lifep04 500mAh 3.2v batteries and I am using them in the Rev body. When I screw the top down they seem to be a tad bit taller stacked then the tenergy and the battery sleeve can not be pushed up and it is being powered non stop. If i unscrew the top a bit I can then push the sleeve up just a bit to switch off and on but the top remains loose of course. Did you have this problem? It looks like you are able to screw the top all the way down. At first I thought i got the wrong batteries and should have got the 3.0v (from pics I think 3.0 and 3.2 are same?) but from what I could see in your video I think you are using the same 3.2v's I have.

Just compared the top post/terminal and the aw are taller than the tenergy. Makes sense since they fit tighter on the tenergy charger.

Thanks

VAPORIZER22,

OF

Ah, so! That might be it. I'm not running 18650s since the 17670 is the biggest that will fit the TV supply I'm using.

OF or TV team i have a question. When I heat my EVO i smell combustion because it seems as though small bits fall through the screen holes. I see bits under the holes. Is it safe to blow through the bottom holes out the top?Or should i blow from top to bottom? Or no blowing at all?

I'm not them, of course, but I've blown 'both ways' just for drill without problems. I found slipping some tubing over the threaded end made this easier to do as blowing up and out the top seemed to work best. I also blew air through it to try to dry it out inside using the HA pump.....not recommended. Baking it at 200 worked far better.

OF

bruno13

insomniac
Hey Bruno,

I ordered some aw lifep04 500mAh 3.2v batteries and I am using them in the Rev body. When I screw the top down they seem to be a tad bit taller stacked then the tenergy and the battery sleeve can not be pushed up and it is being powered non stop. If i unscrew the top a bit I can then push the sleeve up just a bit to switch off and on but the top remains loose of course. Did you have this problem? It looks like you are able to screw the top all the way down. At first I thought i got the wrong batteries and should have got the 3.0v (from pics I think 3.0 and 3.2 are same?) but from what I could see in your video I think you are using the same 3.2v's I have.

Just compared the top post/terminal and the aw are taller than the tenergy. Makes sense since they fit tighter on the tenergy charger.

Thanks

I did not have any problem. Are they pushed down all the way in the sleave? The AW are slightly taller but I still have a lot of room to push up. They are 3.2v. They have the same voltage range as the tenergy. I bet they are basically the same inside.

bruno13,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
what do you find different with the AW batteries than the Thenergy? I was pricing some out, and ended up getting more Thenergy because it was 1/2 the cost per battery. I figured at the time, I'll have so many to rotate, that it won't matter how long they hold up. I do want to know what makes the AW better, do they hold a charge longer?

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom