• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

zmurder

This is getting harder than keeping keeping up with apple products, I love to see new stuff but it kind of sucks that everything I bought a few months back is already obsolete.

What did you buy that is obsolete? The T1 was their first product and is still their most powerful and best portable botanical vaporizer (according to the company, and in my opinion). The Revolution was their first concentrates vaporizer, and it's still the best product they make for bubble/kief. Admittedly I think the DART works a bit better for full melts than the original Rev, but I don't think they've made any of their old products obsolete (yet).

zmurder,

2clicker

Observer
Nice find man, those are sweet.

i know right? i was thinking it may be good for home use. kind of like a sherlock mouthpiece sorta kinda...

What did you buy that is obsolete? The T1 was their first product and is still their most powerful and best portable botanical vaporizer (according to the company, and in my opinion). The Revolution was their first concentrates vaporizer, and it's still the best product they make for bubble/kief. Admittedly I think the DART works a bit better for full melts than the original Rev, but I don't think they've made any of their old products obsolete (yet).

agreed

HA!! :haw: I am supposed to get the Evolution delivered to me on 4/20!! :rofl:

i ordered mine late last night... maybe it was early this morning, but hopefully it ships out today and i see it Saturday. Cant fuggin wait.

im currently looking for a tube Mod that can run 3.7V or 6V, and has a pass through available. so far there arent a lot of options, but the Vapormoon Sabretouch does fit the bill. and it gets rave reviews. im going this route so that i can run either voltage or have the option to just plug it in when at home. that way ill only need the cells for "on the go" use. the Sabretouch comes in all different colors and end cap styles. probably going to be copping one soon. i ordered the LV evolution for now, but if it works like it sounds like its going to then ill cop the reg voltage one for home use.

damn things are moving quickly. fun

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
Hi, will the regular Evolution model work with a 5v 510-compatible usb passthrough?

i believe so. i think TV said something about it running nicely around 5 or 5.5V. only negative thing you may run into is if your device has a safety shut off feature. if so youll have to learn to work around it.

2clicker,

OF

OK guys, I picked my unit up a few hours ago. After fiddling a bit with some other stuff I took it out to the garden to get acquainted. I put in a fresh charged battery (1600 mAh) and headed out to the sunshine. First attempts were a loose fill, maybe 2/3 of a trench for MFLB, a bit under a tenth of a gram? I followed a format of 15 seconds of preheat on the first hit followed by about 15 seconds of draw looking for the right rate. It's a lot like T1 but not the same. The bowl is a straight cylinder, keep it loose and there's no need to stir, everything cooks fairly evenly. 5 or 6 pulls and I dumped it in the jar. Quite dark, black specs here and there, clearly spent from a practical standpoint. Hits were a mixture, some fair to good, some just OK. I figured I had some work to do on technique. So I loaded up again and tried 2 or 3 times, the last hits best of all but I decided 'this is a lot of work' thinking a solid hit or two from Dart would have done the same thing with much less effort on my part. Then my head cleared a bit and I realized there were a bunch of good guys out there for whom concentrates weren't practical. For them this performance would be exciting, or at least interesting even if it wasn't earth shaking IMO. So I stuck it (still warm) in my shirt pocket, watched the birds for a bit then decided to go back inside and post. Standing up I instantly realized I'd made a BIG mistake and sat right back down and thought about it a bit more. Remember what I said about two Dart hits? I may have been wrong.

My read of it is I'm used to a pattern of flavor followed by THC followed by poor taste. This was different in that the taste and THC delivery seemed to come more or less together. The taste was there for several hits and there were fewer of them over all in the charge. It's easy to miss this part and think the hits are lighter than they are since you're thinking 'that's just taste, the good part comes later' and 'I don't think it's getting hot enough'. I don't think I'm going to be making that mistake again anything soon. In a way it's neat. A different 'flavor profile' you might say.

But make no mistake about it, while this is definitely a personal vape it did a bang up job with a little over a tenth of a gram....only thing is it kinda crept up on me. More testing is in order, I don't want to call for volunteers if I can handle it myself.

Oh, yeah, and there's that whole bubble hash thing to explore.......

OF

2clicker

Observer
damn i cant wait to get mine! nice quick review.

i just realized that if you pop off the mouthpiece that the teflon sleeve will mate with a 19mm female Dstem pretty easily. and that you can use this vape upside down without worry of any leaking. this is going to be perfect for a tube it sounds.

2clicker,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
The taste was there for several hits and there were fewer of them over all in the charge.

Thanks for the review!
Sort of confused by what you mean by the taste.

Can you answer this short interrogation:

1. How does it taste compared to T1?
2. Any weird taste? MFLB has woody taste, Solo may have metallic/sour taste etc.
3. Is the flavor completely pure like the T1 (T1 seems pure to me)
4. Where were you between 1 pm and 2pm?

OF

damn i cant wait to get mine! nice quick review.

i just realized that if you pop off the mouthpiece that the teflon sleeve will mate with a 19mm female Dstem pretty easily. and that you can use this vape upside down without worry of any leaking. this is going to be perfect for a tube it sounds.

Excellent point. Neat little detail, it's already the right material, why not make it the right size and shape at the critical point? Cool engineering if you asked me. Lost some sales on adapters in the process......

OF

OF,

OF

Thanks for the review!
Sort of confused by what you mean by the taste.

Can you answer this short interrogation:

1. How does it taste compared to T1?
2. Any weird taste? MFLB has woody taste, Solo may have metallic/sour taste etc.
3. Is the flavor completely pure like the T1 (T1 seems pure to me)
4. Where were you between 1 pm and 2pm?

Nice small words, I'll try:
1. Less intense maybe? The taste was what I expected, but seemed subdued but lasted several hits when it faded the round was over. The normal, relatively tasteless, hits didn't seem to happen. Taste lingered?
2. No, starkly clean and before the first toke is done it tasted like the T1 does 'coming on' to taste (if you follow how that first hit sometimes is, when there's a lot of taste left for the second?).
3. Yes, I'd say so, but less intense....or you could say with more THC mixed in???
4. Not really at all sure, but I'm about to go back out and see if I can find myself.....

This puppy is calling me, it knows my name and it knows what I like.....

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OF, did you get the regular evolution or the LV?

My regular evo should arrive tomorrow. :cool:

:peace:

Stu,

OF

OF, did you get the regular evolution or the LV?

My regular evo should arrive tomorrow. :cool:

:peace:

Both, actually. I'm supposed to compare the two once I get it all sorted out. I'm starting with the LV version for a couple of reasons. First it heats slower (I'm told), so timing developed on the LV with carry over to the standard version (although won't be optimum). Secondly, the numbers favor it. This is a 20 Watt load (nominally) so we're talking a little over five Amps for a little over 15 minutes with the 1600 mAh 17670. The 6 Volter will only draw 3.3 Amps but the battery is only good for about 12 minutes....and I need all the time I can get to figure these things out.

You're expecting a Blessed Delivery tomorrow? Aren't you down in Brazil soaking up rays?

OF

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Well for my use this absolutely makes my T1 obsolete, I haven't used mine in months due to the constant need to stir and shitty battery life, I am really not stoked on my T1 and the Evolution seems to improve on all of my biggest gripes about it. Then we have the Revolution, I still use mine all the time but the fact that it leaks air into the vapor stream through the window which also likes to seep out concentrate and needs constant wiping makes it much less than convenient, The Dart fixes both of these issues. So while it's great that TV is listening to our suggestions and making better products I can't help but feel like I payed a pile of money to beta test unfinished products and now that the cooler final versions are out I am left with the inferior older models. Before everybody jumps all over my shit for this post, I do understand that this is how several types of product lines work, I just don't like it in this case because it happened really fast and I don't/wont have money to upgrade for a long time if ever.

OF

Well for my use this absolutely makes my T1 obsolete, I haven't used mine in months due to the constant need to stir and shitty battery life, I am really not stoked on my T1 and the Evolution seems to improve on all of my biggest gripes about it. Then we have the Revolution, I still use mine all the time but the fact that it leaks air into the vapor stream through the window which also likes to seep out concentrate and needs constant wiping makes it much less than convenient, The Dart fixes both of these issues. So while it's great that TV is listening to our suggestions and making better products I can't help but feel like I payed a pile of money to beta test unfinished products and now that the cooler final versions are out I am left with the inferior older models. Before everybody jumps all over my shit for this post, I do understand that this is how several types of product lines work, I just don't like it in this case because it happened really fast and I don't/wont have money to upgrade for a long time if ever.

You know I'm not at all sure you'd be completely happy with a free upgrade to Dart and Evolution. The Dart doesn't get as messy (but it does get stuff on the outside when you open it up) and that air leak you're concerned about has actually been moved down to the gap around the floor plate. You see you need some airflow through the vape to sweep the vapor away. Like the air channel on MFLB, the vent on Eclipse or the holes in your Eubie. You have to suck in from somewhere.

And granted you don't seem to need to stir Evolution, the bowl is smaller (sure to be an issue with someone....) and battery life not all that much better (it uses 2/3 the power but takes longer preheating so it gains less than 50% at the most in hit count, I'd guess closer to 20%?).

The perfect vape does not exist (yet), the quest continues, but realistically I think the new models are marginally better for some, perhaps not as good for others.

OF

OF,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
I understand that airflow is necessary in the rev but all that's needed comes in through the holes by the threads, the amount that gets in through an even semi-clean window is way too much and really thins out your vapor while also compromising the flavor, sure, I can cover the window with my finger for a hit or 2 but then it gets pretty damn hot to be doing so, I also end up with some oil on my finger from this more often than not. Also, loading any kind of really viscous oil through the window is ridiculous. IIRC you were top loading yours before you got a dart for this same reason......so yeah the window is pretty much worthless IMHO.

SF Giant,

OF

I understand that airflow is necessary in the rev but all that's needed comes in through the holes by the threads, the amount that gets in through an even semi-clean window is way too much and really thins out your vapor while also compromising the flavor, sure, I can cover the window with my finger for a hit or 2 but then it gets pretty damn hot to be doing so, I also end up with some oil on my finger from this more often than not. Also, loading any kind of really viscous oil through the window is ridiculous. IIRC you were top loading yours before you got a dart for this same reason......so yeah the window is pretty much worthless IMHO.

Yeah, I hear you. But I also heard the Engineer at TV who made the change tell me (and point out) the change they needed to make because there was no clear air path past the plate before (oil can seal it to the top ring). He intentionally changed it for that reason (or so he explained), so right or wrong that's the reason it happened that way. The initial blocking of the window didn't always work in testing.

Yes, I do indeed find it easier to drip oil in the top than the side, however stirring bubble or kief without the window isn't gonna happen. Loading is also a problem. It was put in for a reason, some guys will always want it I'm thinking. FWIW it's looking like Evolution will be a good way to vape bubble so this may be less important.

It depends on individuals, what they need and want and what resources they have to work with.

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You're expecting a Blessed Delivery tomorrow? Aren't you down in Brazil soaking up rays?

OF

Unfortunately, the authorities insisted on my departure.... I hate it when that happens.

So I'm back in the good old People's Republic of California now. At least I can medicate legally here, althouth the scenery is admittedly inferior.

I kinda wish I'd chosen the LV instead. I ordered quickly (like the second I read the post) so I didn't really think it through. Maybe I'll need to get both? :shrug:

Stu,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Unfortunately, the authorities insisted on my departure.... I hate it when that happens.
Dude at least they LET you leave. When I was in the Philippines I had to pay to leave . . . lol please take my $$$ just let me outta here :lmao: I can't tell you the relief I felt when the plane left the tarmac . . . I think I slept all the way to Taipei . . .

t-dub,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
But make no mistake about it, while this is definitely a personal vape it did a bang up job with a little over a tenth of a gram....only thing is it kinda crept up on me. More testing is in order, I don't want to call for volunteers if I can handle it myself.

Oh, yeah, and there's that whole bubble hash thing to explore.......

OF

I feel the same about the solo, I hit it a few times, think, it's not really doing much, but sure does taste good, then set it down and a few minutes later....ZANG! Vapor is a creeper for sure. I am also curious about bubble hash, and how it will behave in the Evolution. Do you plan to try it alone or layered in herb or both???

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

OF

I kinda wish I'd chosen the LV instead. I ordered quickly (like the second I read the post) so I didn't really think it through. Maybe I'll need to get both? :shrug:

Well I, for one, would be hard pressed to call a man with only one and not the other complete....wouldn't you?

I am also curious about bubble hash, and how it will behave in the Evolution. Do you plan to try it alone or layered in herb or both???

OK, I admit it, I couldn't wait.....I tried it and it works just fine, thank you very much. I've been advised to layer it, I think putting it directly on the floor is asking for trouble. I put in about a third ground bud then about 75 mg of low end bubble (a worst case IMO) with a bit more herb on the top. Worked great for a dozen or so hits, getting progressively weaker. It was a bit gooey inside.....and between my ears.

This calls for more testing. It seems to me that we can double or even a little more the THC content of the bowl this way and perhaps get a session down to a single bowl. Not to mention it was just plain pleasant to sit outside in the garden sipping on the little rascal watching the afternoon progress.

I sense great promise.

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Damn.... I hadn't even really considered bubble hash. I've got a couple of grams of it stashed in a drawer that is probably angry at me for almost forgetting about it. I think I'll start putting it to good use. :brow:

Stu,

SnidelyWhiplash

After I started juicing raw herb daily, I woke up one morning and my body literally was appalled by concentrates... So I retired my Rev and Omi and bought a Solo. Solo rocks but im in for the Evo, nice to exume this product (I was gonna sell it). Rock, hope it shows up tommorow. Im a jazz drummer, and the thing about the rev was the quick hit (duck outside for a blast between songs). I hope this brings back the funk....

SnidelyWhiplash,
Reactions: Buildozer
Top Bottom