Discontinued ThermoVape Evolution

2clicker

Observer
I'm not sure being as happy as you is a realistic goal for some of us.......

OF

how so?

just to follow up ive since vaped another bowl with no combustion. still on the same cell and no signs of slowing.

once it gets nice and warmed up you can engage the switch the second you start to pull. the longer you pull and keep it on the hotter it will get and the more vapor it will produce. if you hold it too long you will easily combust. its all in the timing. but the base is not getting hot at all. the mouthpiece is not getting very hot... warm, but not hot. i would almost go as far as to say you would not need a thumb pad of any kind on the battery sleeve... heat wise.

Tuck

Wow, I'm very intrigued. The uncomfortable heat is why it sits in my drawer and I still use my MFLB.

The website confuses me. It shows a price of $27 but then it goes to $46? Will the batteries that came with my LV Evo kit work or do I have to get different batteries and charger?

2clicker, do you use it without the sleeve, still? If so, to get your setup, what mouthpiece would I order?

Tuck,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Right now, I'm testing out battery life for the 3.7v T1 bowl. I have gone through one mostly full bowl (not heavily packed) and on my second now. I am noticing it's taking closer to 30 secs to warm it up from cold. Once it's warm, it is about the same, 5-10 secs to recover heat. It takes quite a bit longer for the entire T1 switch/body to heat up to the point that it's even slightly uncomfortable to hold. Right now I am not taking a hit count. I am just seeing how many loads I can get per charge.

OF

I have gone through one mostly full bowl (not heavily packed) and on my second now.

Thanks for the update, Jam, it fits in well with my experience. I too am not counting hits (such a subjective thing to start with....) but find that where I feel somewhat rushed to get a full bowl from the SV T1, I feel more relaxed at getting two from the LV. I'm not sure if I pressed it 3 is not possible, but I'm thinking 'why bother?'. As I'm seeing it, it's a little slower on the warm up but easily twice the battery life (in terms of bowls). And as you point out, the way the lower powered heater transfers less heat down is also a clear winner.

If the rumors are true, and there's a compatible 18650 supply in our future, bowls per battery is going to take another useful jump up.......

OF

OF,

Ash057

It took TV over a day to reply to my email and this is what I got:

"Hi Ash,

It sounds like the core may have been damaged during shipping. Can you send this unit back to us for repair?

Jennifer"

From a customer service stand point this is wrong in several ways. They gave ZERO apology for sending a broken item. The core wasn't damaged in shipment! If shipping will break it there is no way it would last with daily use. Blaming this on shipping is very weak, I would rather they just admit to fucking up. They then ask me to ship back the broken core so they can repair it. They didn't even offer to pay for return shipping or send a pre-paid label.

TV should have apologized for the mistake. TV should have taken responsibility for the bad core. TV should have immediately shipped out a NEW core. Sent me a pre-paid label for the old core to study their mistake on their time.

Ash057,

OF

They gave ZERO apology for sending a broken item. The core wasn't damaged in shipment! If shipping will break it there is no way it would last with daily use. Blaming this on shipping is very weak, I would rather they just admit to fucking up.

TV should have apologized for the mistake. TV should have taken responsibility for the bad core. TV should have immediately shipped out a NEW core. Sent me a pre-paid label for the old core to study their mistake on their time.

I know we've been through this before. At best you're guessing it was bad as shipped. I've told you what I've watched happen, tried to explain why it would be a profit killing idea to ship it out untested, explained that the way they are hand built they have to be tested to confirm being on spec.

Your insistence that their normally long service life is proof that shipping is not an issue surely does not square with my experience in such things. Vibration and shock in shipping is definitely a well understood and respected possibility amongst many experts in the area.....lots of money is spent trying to combat just this sort of problems. IMO it's entirely possible. In fact, the most likely explanation.

Against that you have an agreement with them regarding warranty and returns, right? What did you agree to do in the case of difficulty?

"In order to keep our prices competitive and low, we will accept returns of brand new and unused products only if they are shipped within three days of receiving the products. Shipping costs will not be covered. Full product refund will be issued after a thorough inspection is completed. Thank you for your understanding."

I agree, it would be nice if they'd taken you at your word and immediately shipped you another, care to guess how (historically) often the defective parts don't make it back in such case? Not that you would ever make a false claim, nor fail to return the original, but it does happen you know. As I see it, while not ideal, there is no real need for them to apologize (they in all likelihood did nothing wrong, despite what you obviously think), nor is their request for return anything other than the posted terms you've agreed to.

Frankly, if apologies are due, you might consider extending one to them for your (unproven) accusations of incompetence and/or fraud.

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but I don't agree with your conclusions.

Good luck, I hope you'll take a replacement rather than refund, IMO the product is first rate.

OF

Edit: A quick rhetorical question, don't you think the advice to no longer use ultrasonic cleaners on their products had to do with vibrations? Resonances in suspended masses (like say the heater on it's leads....) are known killers under some conditions. OF

OF,

Ash057

Why am I not surprised that OF would come in defending TV ? Not only did he try to justify the situation on their behalf he actually went as far as to say that I owe them an apology!
I never once accused them of incompetence or fraud! I complained about poor customer service and it’s my fucking right to say that as a pissed off customer that has spent money and waited eagerly for a product to show up broken.

For the record "to spec" should include being able to withstand shipping. TV advertises their products being able to withstand all sorts of torture. If it can't last through shipping something is definitely wrong. You can never blame shipping on a DOA product that is advertised to be durable and arguing otherwise makes me really question the person claiming such.

Ash057,
Reactions: Dopevape

OF

Why am I not surprised that OF would come in defending TV ? Not only did he try to justify the situation on their behalf he actually went as far as to say that I owe them an apology!

I never once accused them of incompetence or fraud!

You should not be surprised, I started out saying 'we've been here before'. My opinion hasn't changed, it seems neither has yours.

I get you're upset. And are free to think as you wish and express any opinion you'd like, but I think it's fair game on a forum to question such statements. I did not say you owe them an apology, I was very careful with my words, I suggested you might want to consider it. Obviously you don't. I get that too.

No, you never used the terms but you did accuse them of shipping defective product out (incompetence in my book), either through sloppiness, negligence or as a matter of policy (fraud in my book). The terms are mine, the underlying accusations are yours......and IMO unfounded (surely unproven).

I also suggested you consider the agreement you had with them covering this sort of thing, did you?

Your opinions of what's going on are no doubt compelling from your end. It happens on my last visit we got chatting on a very similar issue (I like this kind of stuff, did it for a lot of years), DOA T1 cores with 'dual failures'. It seems they've actually got 'a few dozen' (their estimate) such returns. A total of 3 were actually defective (the others worked just fine, the problem being elsewhere, usually switches). Of those 3, two were to the same guy! He was in Norway or some such remote place. The other failure was likewise from a long way 'overseas'. IMO that's a vibration induced stress fracture from shipping. What happens if you bend a paperclip too much. That's why two to the same guy (same shipping routine). We're talking about 3 failures in something like 3,000 units, a pretty small percentage, not zero but IMO nothing to be ashamed of.

I understand you don't like to be questioned or have it pointed out you've made some guesses and put them out as fact, but that's how I see it.

Sorry to have offended you, that was not the intent.

OF

OF,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
I never once accused them of incompetence or fraud! I complained about poor customer service and it’s my fucking right to say that as a pissed off customer that has spent money and waited eagerly for a product to show up broken.

For the record "to spec" should include being able to withstand shipping. TV advertises their products being able to withstand all sorts of torture. If it can't last through shipping something is definitely wrong. You can never blame shipping on a DOA product that is advertised to be durable and arguing otherwise makes me really question the person claiming such.

OF Speaks his mind, there's no bargaining with that! He dedicates himself to helping as many people on FC as he can on his own free will. Not much to argue with there. :)

As far as your Core... There is some variation in our new Beta cores and there are situations which we cannot account or test for. Im Sorry that you were not able to use your new core, and we will help you take care of it the best we can.

send me an e-mail at tim@thermovape.com and we can figure out where to go with it.

Cheers,
Tim

SameOldTim,

VolcAnTV

:haw: I tried a other battery. It's a 17650 1200mah IMR flat-top. Are there potential hazards doing this? Also, I monitor closely when on the charger (yeah im using the UF charger TV supplied). i like to do at least a slight initial discharge for the batt when it's charged. No heat issues at all so far. :cheers:

VolcAnTV,

2clicker

Observer
Wow, I'm very intrigued. The uncomfortable heat is why it sits in my drawer and I still use my MFLB.

The website confuses me. It shows a price of $27 but then it goes to $46? Will the batteries that came with my LV Evo kit work or do I have to get different batteries and charger?

2clicker, do you use it without the sleeve, still? If so, to get your setup, what mouthpiece would I order?

well im glad you asked. i have been trying to dial in the right timing, but still find myself combusting more often than i would like (any at all actually). i thought about it for a minute and figured it was because i was still packing the load down. this was to keep the load in place against the bottom as close to the heat as possible which yielded the best results for me with the standard LV Evo. however i now believe that the load should be farther from the element, ala stock Evo configuration, to achieve zero combustion.

so i grabbed my original PTFE sleeve, popped a UFO back into it, loaded her up, and started again with the 15 sec warmup. this time i got great results. amazing taste. decent vapor production early and even better as it warmed up a bit more. it was going so good that decided to really push it and let the switch stay on for about 30-40 seconds. this resulted in a very slight combustion. so now i know NOT to go over the 15-20 sec warmup and 5-7 sec in between hits... and i should be completely combustion free. im about to load up a fresh bowl and give it another go. more to come.

regarding the pricing on the TV site... they mentioned something about having to click on the items, from the menu, in order to see the accurate pricing. once your on a specific products page the drop down will give you options for certain items. the HP LV Evo core was offered with a cell and w/out. i opted to go core only since i have 3 17670s in rotation and now that is plenty.

:haw: I tried a other battery. It's a 17650 1200mah IMR flat-top. Are there potential hazards doing this?

as far as i know you should be just fine. essentially the same cell as the other 17670 IMRs. maybe OF can set your mind at ease with some actual facts...?

2clicker,

NoName

You want to see an awesome new video a few of us at TV made. Your going to love it!

Hello TV,
"Catch and release" (LOL). Love it. One question: "When will the snorkeling/scuba and spear-fishing gear be available for purchase?".

On a serious note, 2Clicker thanks for the updated info. A question: when you said that you were using the original sleeve, "Are you using an 'original' (one that has a UFO already built-in) sleeve with a 'standard' MP- or are you still using your 'shortened sleeve' with a UFO MP inserted directly into the core? TIA. Looks like I'm going to have to contact the crew at TV for 'new supplies'. Wonder if I can delay my Iphone5 order for more essential products.

NoName

NoName,

2clicker

Observer
On a serious note, 2Clicker thanks for the updated info. A question: when you said that you were using the original sleeve, "Are you using an 'original' (one that has a UFO already built-in) sleeve with a 'standard' MP- or are you still using your 'shortened sleeve' with a UFO MP inserted directly into the core? TIA. Looks like I'm going to have to contact the crew at TV for 'new supplies'. Wonder if I can delay my Iphone5 order for more essential products.

NoName

yes im using a stock un-modded sleeve (black) with the UFO built in. and running a standard short MP. the same as what is included with the Evo.

basically just the stock LV Evo, but with HP core isntead.

2clicker,
Reactions: NoName

OF

as far as i know you should be just fine. essentially the same cell as the other 17670 IMRs. maybe OF can set your mind at ease with some actual facts...?

Actually, the stock 17670 is a protected Li-ion. IMR should be no problem, however some flat tops might. I don't see any problems given the configurations of the charger and TV unit.

I'm not looking at it, but if it was mine I'd be testing it....... (after a peak around the positive end to check for fireworks sources....).

OF

OF,

2clicker

Observer
EDIT* holy shit... im not sure whats going on with this multiple post phenomenon

mods please delete

2clicker,

Ash057

I just did a short test of the "ThermoVape Evolution High Performance Beta Pack" and......WOW!!!

It's definately not for the novice user.. while I didn't combust I could definately feel enough heat to do so.

Ash057,
Reactions: OF

2clicker

Observer
I just did a short test of the "ThermoVape Evolution High Performance Beta Pack" and......WOW!!!

It's definately not for the novice user.. while I didn't combust I could definately feel enough heat to do so.

glad to hear you got it. fuggin monster isnt it?

im still having trouble not combusting with mine. granted this is extremely minimal scortching, but i can still taste it. honestly tho its really only when its the fresh cells first bowl. so really only combusting then. after that it vapes very nicely. the unit and MP getting hot is not an issue at all anymore for me.

2clicker,

CuttyBuddy

Wow love this unit! With all these parts though I need a consultation. Whoa. I'll be pulling the trigger this week. Unless something convinces me to get the Pax.

There's too many choice to run with. I like strong dense hits. I like em to hit hard. So I don't want a unit that just won't have the juice to get it done. Course I don't want to combust but like i'm reading here it can be a user thing. Some herb actually takes more heat to get it darker so I guess the worse case scenario would be not having enough power to hit all types of herb.

Still learning. Love the units though

CuttyBuddy,

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
My replacement HP LV core still is in limbo since last Thursday. I called Monday to find out a status of the replacement and I was told they would call me back with an update but nothing so far. I am a little disappointed, seems like they are in no hurry to correct their mistake.

Vape N Bake,

SameOldTim

Previously Known as 'ThermoCoreTim'
Manufacturer
My replacement HP LV core still is in limbo since last Thursday. I called Monday to find out a status of the replacement and I was told they would call me back with an update but nothing so far. I am a little disappointed, seems like they are in no hurry to correct their mistake.
Let me check up on it right now, ill get back to you.

Tim

Top Bottom