Discontinued Thermovape Cera

ekulaj

No-Wrinkle asked me about the Cera, so I PM'd him this message. I figured I'd post it here cause it's pretty much a review:

From what I can tell, the Cera does two things best: It can give the biggest hits, and like all Thermovape products, it's made out of the highest quality and safest materials. Also, like many other staples in the industry, Thermovape has great customer service. These are the reasons why the Cera's price tag is so high.

However, it definitely has its drawbacks, ones that are surprisingly glaring considering such a high price and such careful production. Obviously, its battery life isn't great, in part because it's such a powerful vape. I had mine for 2-3 months before I lost it (I'm 2/2 for losing these kinds of vapes), and in that time the battery life averaged barely above two bowls. That's leaps ahead of the T1, but it's still not great, and probably would have gotten worse if I had used it for longer. If you've looked at the thread, you may have seen complaints about the button's placement. Yeah it's kind of lame and you have to hold it an abnormal way to press the button easily, but to me it's not a deal breaker.

As I said in my post, the amount of oil you put inside of it has very little bearing on how many hits you get from it. The first time I loaded it, I put in about .75g, and two sessions, approximately ten hits later (I only lasted two MONSTROUS hits the first session), it was practically empty. Now, that got around 5 people extremely high, but I didn't expect to go through my wax so quickly. After that, I usually reduced my load size to around .2g and I'd still get really high, minus the naps. :lol:

So you can load any amount you want under a gram (I think that's the limit, I never put in that much so I'm not sure if I remember). If you do try to max out the load, you have to melt it down intermittently. If you do it all at once, it'll likely boil out the top, as air is let out as it melts. That's about the only difficulty there is when it comes to loading.

It took me a while to get accustomed to knowing when the battery or the oil was out, as there's no indicator for either. There's no way to check the battery, and looking into the bowl only shows the top part of the ceramic heating element unless you're close to max capacity. That takes the most getting used to.

One way to tell that the battery is low, but the load is moderately high, is if oil starts coming up the mouth piece. When the battery runs out, it still has enough charge to both melt the oil, and make the ceramic body warm. However, it does not have enough power to vaporize much. It might produce some light wisps, but I don't suggest using it when there are wisps and the body is getting hot to the touch. It can result in warm or hot oil on your lips or tongue.

That said, after you use it for a while, you can definitely develop an understanding of when each is out. There's just a learning curve to it. To avoid the learning curve, get a spare battery, or always charge your battery after a session. The latter is easier said than done.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
No-Wrinkle asked me about the Cera, so I PM'd him this message. I figured I'd post it here cause it's pretty much a review:

From what I can tell, the Cera does two things best: It can give the biggest hits, and like all Thermovape products, it's made out of the highest quality and safest materials. Also, like many other staples in the industry, Thermovape has great customer service. These are the reasons why the Cera's price tag is so high.

However, it definitely has its drawbacks, ones that are surprisingly glaring considering such a high price and such careful production. Obviously, its battery life isn't great, in part because it's such a powerful vape. I had mine for 2-3 months before I lost it (I'm 2/2 for losing these kinds of vapes), and in that time the battery life averaged barely above two bowls. That's leaps ahead of the T1, but it's still not great, and probably would have gotten worse if I had used it for longer. If you've looked at the thread, you may have seen complaints about the button's placement. Yeah it's kind of lame and you have to hold it an abnormal way to press the button easily, but to me it's not a deal breaker.

As I said in my post, the amount of oil you put inside of it has very little bearing on how many hits you get from it. The first time I loaded it, I put in about .75g, and two sessions, approximately ten hits later (I only lasted two MONSTROUS hits the first session), it was practically empty. Now, that got around 5 people extremely high, but I didn't expect to go through my wax so quickly. After that, I usually reduced my load size to around .2g and I'd still get really high, minus the naps. :lol:

So you can load any amount you want under a gram (I think that's the limit, I never put in that much so I'm not sure if I remember). If you do try to max out the load, you have to melt it down intermittently. If you do it all at once, it'll likely boil out the top, as air is let out as it melts. That's about the only difficulty there is when it comes to loading.

It took me a while to get accustomed to knowing when the battery or the oil was out, as there's no indicator for either. There's no way to check the battery, and looking into the bowl only shows the top part of the ceramic heating element unless you're close to max capacity. That takes the most getting used to.

One way to tell that the battery is low, but the load is moderately high, is if oil starts coming up the mouth piece. When the battery runs out, it still has enough charge to both melt the oil, and make the ceramic body warm. However, it does not have enough power to vaporize much. It might produce some light wisps, but I don't suggest using it when there are wisps and the body is getting hot to the touch. It can result in warm or hot oil on your lips or tongue.

That said, after you use it for a while, you can definitely develop an understanding of when each is out. There's just a learning curve to it. To avoid the learning curve, get a spare battery, or always charge your battery after a session. The latter is easier said than done.
The 1st load requires extra. There is a base amount in the cart that must be primed and doesn't vape. After that it produces. Forget the number, but like 0.3-0.25g min

jdee

I can't wait until fasttech does what they do best, which is theft of intellectual property, and sells a thermovape cera for $50, so I can post about the incredible savings I got and OF can 'like' my post.

jdee,

PhotoRider

I can't wait until fasttech does what they do best, which is theft of intellectual property, and sells a thermovape cera for $50, so I can post about the incredible savings I got and OF can 'like' my post.
Now IP theft is a stretch isn't it? We don't know that.
What we know is the labeling is blank. It could be OEM cells with their packaging. The question is what is the IP. Many cell manufactures sell to other manufactures who use them for their products. Some may be based in China, having lower costs and offer a non name brand item cheaper. Its called business.

Until there is data to state otherwise, making a judgement that there is IP theft is in my mind jumping to conclusions. At the moment there is value in their products based on my experience and I have no data to support IP theft on what I bought. I work for a Taiwan based company and do most of my work with Taiwan and China. A blanket statement from my experience isn't supported. Sure China has a governmental dept of "Reverse Engineering" and do just that. I hired an engineer who worked there so I know, but their focus is in high technology computing - things that can not be exported to them legally.

jdee

I was referring to the blatant theft of other peoples hard work happening within the e-cig industry at the moment by fasttech.

for example the nemesis mod by atmomixani
http://www.atmomixani.gr/index.php/en/menu-shop-en/vmcategory-manufacturer-atmomixani-eg/nemesis-v-w-detail.html
130eur not always in stock

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005773/1448300-nemesis-mod-e-cigarette-battery-compartment
$29 in stock

Who doesn't love savings? as well as not having to wait for availability. Never mind the time/money the creator invested into coming up with his products, only to have chinese slave labour copy it exactly, right down to the engraving/logo, silver plating etc.

jdee,

PhotoRider

I was referring to the blatant theft of other peoples hard work happening within the e-cig industry at the moment by fasttech.

for example the nemesis mod by atmomixani
http://www.atmomixani.gr/index.php/en/menu-shop-en/vmcategory-manufacturer-atmomixani-eg/nemesis-v-w-detail.html
130eur not always in stock

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005773/1448300-nemesis-mod-e-cigarette-battery-compartment
$29 in stock

Who doesn't love savings? as well as not having to wait for availability. Never mind the time/money the creator invested into coming up with his products, only to have chinese slave labour copy it exactly, right down to the engraving/logo, silver plating etc.
SO you know for a fact this is a pure clone with IP theft and not the same manufacture or their relationship with atmomixani. Perhaps they are the contract manufacture and they are allowed to sell seconds - like an outlet place?

I been there and the far east many times. In the swap meets is many local manufactured seconds from manufactures we buy everyday, clothing, shoes, electronics. These are seconds that failed quality control and they are allowed to sell them on their own...

You want good quality, you pay more, or if you want the oats after the horse is done, you pay less. Doesn't mean there is IP theft. There could be, but we really don't know the facts from web pages.

OF

A couple of thoughts. First off, I think there's a world of difference between counterfeit goods like copied vapes and what we assume are legitimate Panasonic 18650s.

Pirated copies of TV stuff exist. I reported on the 'Zoly' copy of the Revolution a while back (a reasonable attempt but they missed some key points and it is still kind of crude....IMO not worth even the $70 asked). It would only pass muster with the ignorant IMO. Folks who'd only seen the genuine one, or used it casually when stoned? No, I don't like such stuff and had some struggles paying for a counterfeit, but it's happened. And we survived.

Finally, I think you're off base with the idea it's NewTech doing the theft. You give them more credit for organization than I think you should. Akin to blaming EBay or Craig's List because of shady individuals. I don't think every vendor who markets to the west through NewTech is a crook. More over, I think some who are honestly see noting wrong with what they do?

I did some modest Field Service in 'the middle country' a lot of years back (when there were four total private cars in the entire country, honestly four, everything else was owned by the state and had a driver or two assigned to it). It really is a different place, filled with a different sort of people. With different issues, challenges and values. Same as here, some more honest than others? But I don't think being dishonest is a requirement to market through NewTech any more than EBay. It just happens.

OF

TheRobbo

Ok it took along time to come up with the goods but I warned you I was gonna make a video of the LLC and I finally got one that turned out pretty good. Admittedly I did cheat a little and used a torch but it was the only way I could get the lovely clouds I was seeing to show up on camera and do them justice. Any way I wont waffle on any more, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words so let the video speak for its self.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1761/l2wzwstsnfovltqxgffick.mp4

The bowl could have gone on for ages longer but I was pretty much done, I aim to make another vid soon kind of starting off where this one finished, ie. re-heating a bowl half way through. I find I can get LOADS of vapour the second time round, must be because it is already nice and dried out.

Edit: dont know why it is only giving you a link not as a player, seems to work though.

Last edited:

Tom Funk

Got my Cera LL in the mail yesterday, along with my T1 core rebuild. This thing looks and feels a million dollars. Photos can't do it justice. Unfortunately, it's going to be a couple of weeks until I'll get to vape with it.

As I suspected, holding down the button is not going to be an option for me, due to arthritis. This is not a complaint though. I brought the Cera now partly because I knew that I would be able to do a latching mod and I wasn't sure this would be the case for the mini/lite.

I noticed that there has been some concern that some of the latching mods may cause problems with the device. My question is which mods should be OK and which ones might cause problems. I'll list the mods I've seen and the possible concerns with them.

1. Using speaker wire/paper clip etc. on the battery spring. The concern is that some have noticed problems like the switch getting very hot and are concerned that it may develop problems. Also, this mod would involve unscrewing the switch a far way to turn off the device. I thought that if you walked around with the device in your pocket like this, the battery might bash around in the tube and cause damage. I tried this myself, and the battery and I can't hear the battery moving around but I would like other opinions.

2. The low tech version of mod #1. Just putting some foil in to connect the spring to the conductive strip. Same concerns as mod #1.

3. Jdee's mod on p.47 of this thread that uses a plastic lid from the battery containers in place of the switch. I assume that foil is used inside this. No concern here with the switch obviously, but could it cause problems with the cart?

4. Pressing a plastic cap/rubber furniture cap over the switch with a raised part in the centre to keep the switch engaged. This would have no issues with the switch or cart, but again the concern is the battery possibly bumping around if the cap was kept on all the time and the switch was screwed in and out to turn the device on and off.

I'm leaning towards mod #3 if there are no concerns with it, as it reduces the length and weight of the device and makes it more stable when standing it upright. Obviously the foil would have to be taken out and something else shoved in when turning it off. I was also thinking of making an insert that had a conductive and a non-conductive side. I would pull the cap off and flip it to turn on/off.

Any advice people can give about the soundness of these mods would be appreciated.

Cheers
TF

TheRobbo

Hey TF you are in Australia right? Head down to reece or Tradelink and see if they will give you a couple of end caps off the 25mm GAS PEX pipe lengths (they should just give them to you). Then get some of those little clear silicone buttons used to support glass table tops and the like, pretty sure they come with glue on the back so you can stick it in the bottom of the cap which then fits right over the switch and does all the hard button pressing for you.
If you watch my video above you can see one in action works a treat even gives it a flat end to stand up on. Just remember to turn it off when your done, I like to take the battery out for piece of mind :)

R

TheRobbo

I just re-read you post TF and I would steer well clear of inserting any foreign bodies up its bum :) ie: foil as a permanent solution I had to do so right at the start cause of the first switches but was constantly paranoid about the sharp edges of the foil potentially snagging the strap. It never did but I still think it is possible, what it did do was leave a dirty grey ring inside the tube where the foil rubbed off, inside and only I know its there but...
The cap over the switch is the best I think and if you want to pop cera in your pocket just pull of the cap, the ones I use kind of click on but pull of really easy. Also that way you know it's still pretty much operating as original your just using a mechanical finger to press the button.
Again dont forget to turn it off cause that sucker can get mighty hot, though does double as a really good pocket warmer on cold nights.

P.s. sorry for double post wouldn't let me edit the last one any more.

R

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Man it has certainly been a while since I have updated my response on how my Cera is doing.

After months of use and barely cleaning out my EO cart just once (was not using this device everyday as I switch from herb to wax based on my budget) this device surely has saved me big bucks on concentrates. I only use high grade material for my cartridge and the taste has always proven to be great and lasting. The high is very clean. I am proud to say that after being an early adopter and having to deal with battery strap/heating issues (sent this baby in 3 times) it no longer has problems as far as production of vapors goes. I am glad the warranty on this product really makes the worth of having one truly an experience. I have this vaporizer whenever and wherever I go eat haha. I like how it is definitely a heavy piece since it is ceramic crossed with stainless steel. In the past month I have only drop this thing once and unfortunately I don't know how much it would cost for a replacement switch since it's lightly dented. Anybody getting this should understand that you can't have it in loose pockets cause you WILL drop it.

I have 3 2250 mah batteries from fast tech and they work better than the 2900 stock battery from TET. Life is probably long if moderately used and the 2900 has too much of a heat up time so I only use that for long car rides.

If anybody knows how I could get a new ceramic mouthpiece and a new switch please let me know. Also anybody notice any weight difference from the Ti version as opposed to SS version? I want to buy a new cartridge but was thinking about getting the Ti one to offset the weigh from the body. Would this be possible?

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
I would lean towards #4

Inexpensive and easy to maintain

Poke two small holes in the bottom of the furniture leg (rubber furniture end cap) to aid with removal/insertion
Stick the adhesive in the center and its all good.

When you're done just take off the cap & you're good to go do whatever it is you are going to.
I've had my Cera for about 3 days now after getting it back from TET and I haven't found the need for an end cap. I find its much easier to just press the button for around 15 seconds and start my draw.
Just remember you don't want to keep the power on for a while because things will get HOT & really. The LL cart does a good job of retaining that heat. So long durations of constant power is actually not necessary.

A cool good gauge I like to use at night, to know when to start drawing air through the cart (taking your hit) Is to turn off the lights and engage the switch. you'll see the cart warming up and start getting a nice healthy glow to it. Once its about 1/4 to 1/2 way glowing start drawing.
(This is just cool looking and not necessary, just thought I'd share my experience)

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Ok it took along time to come up with the goods but I warned you I was gonna make a video of the LLC and I finally got one that turned out pretty good. Admittedly I did cheat a little and used a torch but it was the only way I could get the lovely clouds I was seeing to show up on camera and do them justice. Any way I wont waffle on any more, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words so let the video speak for its self.

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1761/l2wzwstsnfovltqxgffick.mp4
Very nice! Great rips there at the end. Might I ask what you were drinking? The bottle looks neat!

The bowl could have gone on for ages longer but I was pretty much done, I aim to make another vid soon kind of starting off where this one finished, ie. re-heating a bowl half way through. I find I can get LOADS of vapour the second time round, must be because it is already nice and dried out.
No kidding, you packed that one deep! :o

If anybody knows how I could get a new ceramic mouthpiece and a new switch please let me know. Also anybody notice any weight difference from the Ti version as opposed to SS version? I want to buy a new cartridge but was thinking about getting the Ti one to offset the weigh from the body. Would this be possible?
Replacement mouthpieces and switches are available from TET, in the accessories section of the web store.

I've never held a Ti model but I think one should feel noticeably lighter. The numbers I've seen put the weight at about 25% less.

A cool good gauge I like to use at night, to know when to start drawing air through the cart (taking your hit) Is to turn off the lights and engage the switch. you'll see the cart warming up and start getting a nice healthy glow to it. Once its about 1/4 to 1/2 way glowing start drawing.
(This is just cool looking and not necessary, just thought I'd share my experience)
I like to do this too! The way that the glow shines through the ceramic is lovely. It's also good for getting to know your Cera like you said.

If you have access to a mirror in the dark (like in a bathroom), you can even try wiggling the top cap up a bit and watching the effect that your breath has on the brightness of the coil.

The way that this affects vapor production changes depending on how long the heat has been running! While a 'young glow' and the vapor being produced from it will both fade from a hard pull, the 'mature heat' later in a session will not be tamed so easily thanks to the ceramic walls of the heat exchange area I think, and hard pulls become effective. Like OF says, you can go ahead and honk on it...

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Man it has certainly been a while since I have updated my response on how my Cera is doing.

I have 3 2250 mah batteries from fast tech and they work better than the 2900 stock battery from TET. Life is probably long if moderately used and the 2900 has too much of a heat up time so I only use that for long car rides.

Fasttech is now sold out of the 2250 mah CGR18650CH batteries and they were one of the remaining few to carry them. So it doesnt look like they will be around for much longer elsewhere since i believe they are discontinued. The ones i got from fasttech though havent performed as well as the 2900 ones with the LL although i only tried two of the 6 i have left so far.

As for the Ti vs stainless, i believe the Ti model is a couple ounces lighter. But it should be noted that is for the whole unit (Ti body/cartirdge vs SS body/cartridge) You are not supposed to mix a SS body with a Ti cartridge and vice versa so If you have a SS body right now, and are considering Ti you would need both a new body and a new cartridge.

OF

Also anybody notice any weight difference from the Ti version as opposed to SS version? I want to buy a new cartridge but was thinking about getting the Ti one to offset the weigh from the body. Would this be possible?

My SS core weighs 42 grams, the Ti one 25. So a little more than half a ounce, but 'it feels like more' somehow.

Regards,

OF

TheRobbo

[nopartofme said]Very nice! Great rips there at the end. Might I ask what you were drinking? The bottle looks neat!

Victoria Bitter in a stubbie holder
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/VB-stubbie.jpg

I know you can get it in Aussie bars in the UK so you might be able to find it in the US, it is really good... just make sure it is no more than 1 deg centigrade otherwise it is really bad :-)

No kidding, you packed that one deep! :o

It actually wasn't as much as you think, a fair bit yes but only tapped out of the container so nice and fluffy and aerated, and then really lightly tamped down with a finger, never push down past level with the top of the bowl need spaces for air to flow. I made that mistake a lot early on trying to get too much in at once and having to suck the shit out of it. Back then I used to pick the bud out of the bowl to load with my fingers but I think that makes it clump up too much now and reduce surface area. Tap load and let gravity do most of the work.

R

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Okay so im planning on cleaning out my EO for the first time. Ive read a bunch of different ways people go about it but i was planning on cleaning it the same way i did with my dart...

20 minute boil, 15-20 minute iso soak, and then a 5-10 minute second boil. Place in the oven for 10-20 minutes at 200F and then a 20/20/20 burn.

Does that sound about right? Sould i alter or change any of the steps or is there a better way to clean it that i am not aware of?

Yeah i wasnt reffering to how well the polyimide capsules work, i was saying that even if they work better, i feel much better, safer, healthier using the cera and all ceramic as opposed to polyimide. Even if its been tested and they say its safe, i just dont feel comfortable...

And yes the cera is a little bigger and heavier, but i have no issues carrying it around in my pocket (except for banging my leg with gym shorts/sweats.) it is portable? Yes. Is it pocketable? Yes or no depending on the person. And thats all i need in a vape. Plus, im sure the cera mini/lite will address the weight issue. And having the ability to swap out batteries is a huge plus rather than charging through an F'd up charging port that their solution to fix was to send out a sticker to cover it up? What a joke.

And i dont know how fast inh is at repair/replacements, but from sending my cera in to getting it back total repair time including shiiping was 7 days. Not many companies are as fast.

Sorry i couldnt help my self, but it seems that everyones points have been made, so probably best to get back on cera and leave InH to its own thread. Or possibly create a cera vs inh thread but that seems unneccesary as everyone stated already since its like comparing apples to oranges

I got my XP back in about 3 weeks after shipping it. Charging port on mine is perfectly fine. As much as I love my Cera, I bought it for portable usage. I would rather get a desktop vape for LL. The mouthpiece and body gets way too hot for me to be comfortable in putting it in my pocket. The Inhalater simply snaps onto my 18mm female gong joint too.(Hands free operation) No heavy airflow drag like the Cera and the bowl is simply too small for me...

Also my Cera's top cap has broke before. It costed $40 for a new one and I only dropped the Cera once. Inhalater has been dropped numerous times on ceramic. Just some small scratches.

Swapping out batteries is pretty cool, but my XP can last a whole day with a group of friends...

I'd love to use the Cera LL as my main portable vape. It's just not practical enough given the bowl size, battery life, and heat issues. Given the material, I think a desktop LL vape would have been a lot more ideal. If their new model has a new mouth piece that does not burn my lips.. my opinion may change.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah those are all valid points and concerns. I only checked the inhalater xp thread a couple times after i saw someone posted about it having a bunch of issues and the charging port was one of the things i saw. Im sure they addressed it already which is why you got one that doesnt looked f'd up.

I also am hoping for a new topcap and mouthpiece. But i will say, i tried adding a small piece of silicone (around 3-4 cm) around the tip of the mouthpiece and it really works wonders. IMO that should just send out something like that instead of the thermal cap. I dont really have an issue with the top cap because it does get hot but my hands and lips never touch there. So i never really used the thermal cap anyway because my lips only got burnt from the moutpiece not the top cap.

I have no issues storing it in my pocket even after a full session, but thats just me. Yes its hot but i can barely feel it through my pockets so its not an issue for me. But for you it might be...

And i agree and disagee on the battery thing, but that just be my batteries. I started getting better results from the CGR18650Ch batteries, but it defnitely starts to taper off towards the end of the first session and ive even had to switch batteries mid way just to finish off a pack. With the 2900mah batteries i get at least 2-4packs so i have no problems with that

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
As a portable for flowers I wouldn't have went with the Cera. If I were looking for a portable for oils the INH wouldn't been a candidate either. As far as heat it doesn't really seem any hotter than my Hi. Now in all fairness, I've never tried the actual mouth piece but I will today.

In fact im gonna take the temp of the unit after use. I love sciencing! :science:

Yeah those are all valid points and concerns. I only checked the inhalater xp thread a couple times after i saw someone posted about it having a bunch of issues and the charging port was one of the things i saw. Im sure they addressed it already which is why you got one that doesnt looked f'd up.

I also am hoping for a new topcap and mouthpiece. But i will say, i tried adding a small piece of silicone (around 3-4 cm) around the tip of the mouthpiece and it really works wonders. IMO that should just send out something like that instead of the thermal cap. I dont really have an issue with the top cap because it does get hot but my hands and lips never touch there. So i never really used the thermal cap anyway because my lips only got burnt from the moutpiece not the top cap.

I have no issues storing it in my pocket even after a full session, but thats just me. Yes its hot but i can barely feel it through my pockets so its not an issue for me. But for you it might be...

And i agree and disagee on the battery thing, but that just be my batteries. I started getting better results from the CGR18650Ch batteries, but it defnitely starts to taper off towards the end of the first session and ive even had to switch batteries mid way just to finish off a pack. With the 2900mah batteries i get at least 2-4packs so i have no problems with that

That's poor battery life in my opinion.. My XP can survive at least 6 bowls set at the highest temperature and each bowl is around .3-.4 of material. I do attach my devices to glass for water filtration and see how far it can go.

mvapes is right; as far as concentrates go, the XP can only do kief or very small pieces of hash mixed in. In all honesty, nothing would get me more excited than the reproduction of the dart. :)

Highnstein,

Herbalist23

Hey guys,here are the pics of my new (original)mouthpiece mod and cart(cup)screen.

n33d.jpg

n76e.jpg

60sp.jpg

Just put the disc on the domed screen, press it in a bit and your cup is ready to vape, carry or store.
djn.JPG

rcur.jpg

yr6e.jpg

zpkk.jpg

fli6.jpg

ugt7.jpg

This is the screen disc from the Iolite/Wispr
59y8.jpg

Ultra fine screen from the Volcano
rzpm.jpg

I used a dremel with a diamond wheel to cut off the UFO part of the mouthpiece, in the pic above
you can see how it comes off.
After that I used a grinding tool on the dremel to do the rest, so it looks nice and clean, already scratchfree!
I never used the original mouthpiece much, I was trying several times, but was never very satisfied.

The screen disc is from the Iolite/Wispr, it fits perfect into the domed screen of the Extreme Q.
I add a ultra fine screen (easy to cut with scissors) from the Volcano to avoid any debris coming
through the (now) direct draw ceramic mouthpiece!

Works great for me, and you can preload as many cups you need, just like with the Inhalater!

Herbalist23

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Outstanding! I spent a good while there just staring at the first two pictures... I couldn't believe my eyes! "Hey, it's like a little ELB! Wait, the mouthpiece looks different. Wait... Is that still zirconia?!"

Very impressive. How is the evenness of the extraction for you? With the airflow directed toward the one middle hole instead of four outer ones I'd figure the heat flow would be very different, but I bet the shallow cup getting hot helps out with that.

Even if it required a little stirring, you've got some cool benefits there in exchange. I've often wished I could take the mouthpiece off while out and about, so I could store it separately from the cart and let it all cool down easier. A prepacked bowl design like you've got would make that much easier.

How was it working with the zirconia?? It looks like it machines really nicely!

Last edited:

Tom Funk

I just re-read you post TF and I would steer well clear of inserting any foreign bodies up its bum :) ie: foil as a permanent solution I had to do so right at the start cause of the first switches but was constantly paranoid about the sharp edges of the foil potentially snagging the strap. It never did but I still think it is possible, what it did do was leave a dirty grey ring inside the tube where the foil rubbed off, inside and only I know its there but...
The cap over the switch is the best I think and if you want to pop cera in your pocket just pull of the cap, the ones I use kind of click on but pull of really easy. Also that way you know it's still pretty much operating as original your just using a mechanical finger to press the button.
Again dont forget to turn it off cause that sucker can get mighty hot, though does double as a really good pocket warmer on cold nights.

P.s. sorry for double post wouldn't let me edit the last one any more.

R

Thanks for the tips Robbo. Thanks too Vaporoor for chiming in. I think that after the info you've given, I'm not comfortable with using foil or other material in the device, so I'll go for your method. I was looking to shorten the device a little, but after finding that it fits in my shortest jeans pockets I'm not concerned. Those caps you use look great. Being able to stand the device up is a big advantage over the furniture stoppers.

Nice video by the way. I reckon I would have been done a couple of hits earlier than you were. I load up in a similar way with my T1 and it gives very good results. I'm thinking about getting some Jyarz, as I think they would be perfect for this.

Cheers
TF

Top Bottom