Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Krazzykid

So I heard back from TET about my concerns with the ceramic mouthpiece and top cap not being included with the EO and EL kits.

They said after careful deliberation they have decided to include them with the EO and EL kits again. The website will be edited to show this change.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
My condolences Tim....

On a side note, Ive used my Cera for about less than a week and it is already broken!!! Ugh I couldnt be more upset. Loaded up the EO last night, went to use it just now and it wont heat up at all. I put the LL core on to confirm and it doesnt glow unless I press down on the core really hard. Of course this had to happen on a Saturday.

I find once in awhile the switch uncrews a little and will no mke contact. Just something to check. Are the terminals clean of wax?

PhotoRider,
Reactions: Tom Funk
Which might be a good thing, Tim can be kinda scary up close you know.

Fun stuff coming from Tim and his partners I'm thinking. Pipes and others too. This is a cool community, lots of futile ideas floating around and good guys to act on them. We all benefit from that I think.

OF
I've also noticed that this industry is overwhelmed by futile ideas. Maybe we can work on developing the fertile ones instead.

-NDA

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sounds like a broken strap at the screw plate to me, I assume it's not a welded body?

I strongly doubt it (that fixes different problems), but worth a try. Being as it worked before, you'd think at most one or two?

You can do it big guy. Cling to your LL Cera, promise it 'Big Brother' is coming to live with you......

OF
Yeah i thnk its soldered. I tried one dime and didnt do anything...no response from thermovape, i guess Ill have to wait til monday
I find once in awhile the switch uncrews a little and will no mke contact. Just something to check. Are the terminals clean of wax?
ive tried takingthe battery out and switching and switching batteries butthat didnt do anything. I believe everythingis clean as well

Mynameismud,

OF

Yeah i thnk its soldered.

Actually soldered ones should be best of the older ones as I understand it. Tough to make (and in SS only) but no problems traced back to connections. There were some (hopefully few and all fixed) problems with the welded ones stripping the adhesive backing off (scoring with the knife blade) and also 'not enough play' provided at the bend at the screw plate but those have been identified and corrected.

There's also a real obscure issue with the very first tubes being a bit longer (I think, could be shorter?) so rebuilding them with new welded assemblies takes hand fitting with care, again a understood thing at the Cera works.

Bottom line is if it doesn't work with a wad of foil it's time for the shop I'm afraid.

Wish I had better news.

OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
So I know this is subjective, but how many hits roughly does A gram in the EO cart last YOU? I expect very different answers due to variables. I'd just love some real world answers from people who have had them for a while.

bill

Last edited:

darkrom

Great Scott!
Lol impressive and creative. How does the wood taste? I've found wood to alter flavor, but not always in a negative way. It was almost charming flavor on a fresh MFLB.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
So I know this is subjective, but how many hits roughly does A gram in the EO cart last YOU? I expect very different answers due to variables. I'd just love some real world answers from people who have had them for a while.
@darkrom

I have had my cera for a while, and i could make a gram last me maybe 3 days on the titanium nail setup(give or take), my concentrates last me between 1 & 1 1/2 weeks now wit the cera.
Cera is so efficient to me at least, that i find my self getting at least 2 huge hits and a smaller hit(still tasty) off a dabs worth. I would of normally taken like 3 dabs to get me were i need to be, but I can achieve that with the cera(primed up) in one dabs worth because i can get a few good hits of that!!!

I say as a guesstimate
I haven't tested out how many hits out of a gram, but I remember TET (noah) made a countdown video and it was pretty ridiculous especially the monster hits he was taking.......some thing like 36+ hits from a half gram of PURE GOLD and way more out f a wax (maybe because of the thicker consistency).
All in all i find my oil last way longer than if I dab directly on my oil rig(TI setup)!!!
I still dab every once in a while to change things up a bit, but even at home my cera is my go to, no torch way easier to handle!!

Also please keep in mind that the fist time you use the cera EO cart it is recommended to load or melt down at least a half gram, then after that you just top off as the ceramic starts to look less saturated!!!!

I say as a guesstimate if you have noah lungs then maybe 60+ hits off a gram(give or take) and if you take way smaller hits , then it can probably double to 120 lol lol, maybe even more!!!

Remember the persei 2.4 carts claimed 400 hits per gram (150-175 realistically)
Maybe some one can chime in on how many hits off a half gram and then calculate and guess what the gram outcome COULD be!!

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
It would be neat if TET offered their own ceramic "drip tip" in the future!

I think that being a Cera owner tends to get one hooked on ceramic...
Thats a good Idea, Look for the coolstone ceramic mouthpiece or my favorite (but Pricey) The TRU STONE heres a link

Trustone
http://www.driptipdesignz.com/tru-stone.html

Glass & SS
http://phiniac.com/cid-71-1/murano-glass.html

Titanium & SS
http://phiniac.com/cid-70-1/ss-titanium.html

Art glass 510 mouthpiece's
http://phiniac.com/cid-72-1/art-glass.html

Enjoy!

EDIT
Some Carbon Fiber
http://www.driptipdesignz.com/braids.html

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Vapehead.com has a 14mm gong for T1/Cera available for $30.

TF

Wow thanks. I was just going to contact GBD and see if i could get a 14mm GonG with the bottom the same as the delrin mouthpiece. But this is easier.

Edit: Just ordered one, shipping was almost as much as the adapter but $57 dollars total it was worth it to me!!! Its coming from australia i guess so well see how shipping goes

Edit2: just got an email confirmation. I managed to order right before they go on a holiday. Oh, and i got the very last one! Sorry everyone else

Vapefiend mentioned it might work with the cera wit a different o ring but doesnt have a cera to confirm Do i need a different o ring or no o ring at all?

Last edited:
Mynameismud,
Reactions: Tom Funk

Tom Funk

Wow thanks. I was just going to contact GBD and see if i could get a 14mm GonG with the bottom the same as the delrin mouthpiece. But this is easier.

Edit: Just ordered one, shipping was almost as much as the adapter but $57 dollars total it was worth it to me!!! Its coming from australia i guess so well see how shipping goes

Edit2: just got an email confirmation. I managed to order right before they go on a holiday. Oh, and i got the very last one! Sorry everyone else

Vapefiend mentioned it might work with the cera wit a different o ring but doesnt have a cera to confirm Do i need a different o ring or no o ring at all?

You're welcome. If I recall correctly, you do need a different o-ring for the Cera. I think that when TET still had these in stock they said to specify when ordering whether you were using the adapter with T1, Cera or both. Anyway, there are some posts about this earlier in the thread. Also, I think SameOldTim uses or used the Cera with the 14mm adapter as a mouthpiece, so perhaps you could message him.

TF

Tom Funk,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Anyone willing to take a quick video of how to load the EO with shatter consistancy? More like sap really. Its too solid to drip in, too sticky to break into little pieces to drop on the ceramic.

I'm really just playing around with loading it. Can't give it a proper try while I'm on a barrage of medication. Not doing great right now so fighting the urge to vape while on all these meds.

darkrom,

bruno13

insomniac
Anyone willing to take a quick video of how to load the EO with shatter consistancy? More like sap really. Its too solid to drip in, too sticky to break into little pieces to drop on the ceramic.

I'm really just playing around with loading it. Can't give it a proper try while I'm on a barrage of medication. Not doing great right now so fighting the urge to vape while on all these meds.

I put it in the refrigerator for a while and then break it into little peaces.

bruno13,

Darb

I was using a black mouthpiece from a dart in my Cera. Went back to the ceramic mouthpiece today.....wow! Way better. Smoother and a lot less clogging/cleaning. Not sure why I had stopped using it in the first place.

Top Bottom