Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Hello Cera forum!...

Seems that there are quite a few folks here (OF, Tweek, Sonics, Haywood, nopartofme etc...) with much good advice to share!!

I pre-ordered a Cera LL on February 15th, and just received a shipping notice from TET now!!!... Like many here, I have been watching my inbox for the past month!

This will be my first vape (unless you count my awful experiences with the Atmos Raw) since I have been waiting for a portable unit with decent looks and build quality. I am a daily smoker, and mostly smoke flowers and bubble hash. I live in Seattle, and have access to anything under the sun (BHO, shatter, wax, etc), but since I have always smoked flowers I figured the LL was a good place to start!?

Also, from what I have read in this forum, it seems that TET says we can safely smoke anything with 20%> plant matter in the LL...

...SO if I had something purer (wax, bho, etc) and I wanted to use in the LL...

...I would just need to mix with 20% 'plant material' to use the LL!!??

Once I found TET, and read about their products, it seemed like the best choice. I LOVE that it's a US made product, and judging by their willingness to learn, assist and solve problems for their customers they seem like a great company!

I have read many fantastic reviews of the PAX, but when I handled one in a local shop, I wasn't sure if it would hold up!?

I have been back and fourth wondering if I made the right choice, but I'm glad I decided to wait for the Cera!

Thanks for all of your help, advice, and general geekery!!

OF

Also, from what I have read in this forum, it seems that TET says we can safely smoke anything with 20%> plant matter in the LL...

Howdy, welcome to the Forum and the (soon to be) Cera owner's club. Good choice for a first vape, but it's gonna spoil you on the next one. Good timing as well, lots of guys have waited way longer than a month. Hopefully those days are behind us now and lead times will get shorter and shorter from here out.

That's not exactly what Noah said, really. He said 'concentrates with more than 20%', a VERY big detail. Putting say 30mg of bud in with 120mg of oil is asking for a flood out, perhaps even before it gets warm. IMO the other way about is closer. Put 30mg of oil in with 120mg of bud, being sure the bud is on the bottom, and you're probably fine.

Cera LL is a conduction (let's make that convection vape....I knew better, really I did...) vape designed for herbs that just happens to handle bubble hash pretty well. The material and construction prevent stuff from sticking and the bubble doesn't contain enough 'liquid THC' in any one place to give melting a chance. It just quietly evaporates from the trichome or cell it happens to find itself in when the heat comes on.

"Real concentrates", solvent refined ones that aren't locked up in little bundles, are best done in the EO cart for a whole host of reasons.

My advice is to depend on the foil test to guide you. If it melts quickly and easily, flows freely and evaporates off cleanly (or nearly so) you have to soak it up in something. EO carts use built in porous ceramic 'sponges' to do this, with LL you need to do that. Remember it flows easier when hot and gravity will try to let it drain down into the heater between tokes.

Take is slow, stay attuned to the results you're getting and follow the results you like and you'll do fine. Keep an eye on your battery charge, too. Swapping out batteries early is a good plan when you're learning the little rascal.

Best wishes with your new best friend. IMO you'll thank yourself years from now for switching from blazing to vaping......that putting burning weed fumes into your one and only body will kill you off early if you let it.

OF

Sonics420

I actually just got done wiping my bud on my mouth piece for oil reclaim. Then i put that bud into the LL core ontop of dry bud and vaped away. Worked perfectly, just like most other vapes you just need a bed of flower and you are good.

The LL cart is def. Underrated it seems.. this thing puts in work and with the right technique I can milk my bong.. Cera + Goldstein is so smooth. Has anyone ever said anything about the flavor the cera puts out?? This might as well be an all glass vape for how smooth it is.

Had anyone done a comparison between cera ll, pax, and solo? Which ive all owned.

OF

I actually just got done wiping my bud on my mouth piece for oil reclaim.

Has anyone ever said anything about the flavor the cera puts out?? This might as well be an all glass vape for how smooth it is.

That sounds like a really clever idea to me. Someone should make some hemp cloth patches for that....I'll bet we can make them rich!

Yes, not surprisingly folks have noticed the excellent taste....lots of them commented on it..... But hey, a story that good bears repeating IMO. I'm sure few if any could tell the difference blindfolded, and Cera is certainly a lot easier to keep clean and in top form than the 'all glass vapor path' vapes I know.

I really like the 'wipe it clean then drop the messy part into the next bowl' idea, thanks for sharing it.

OF

Flintoli

Hello Cera forum!...

Seems that there are quite a few folks here (OF, Tweek, Sonics, Haywood, nopartofme etc...) with much good advice to share!!

I pre-ordered a Cera LL on February 15th, and just received a shipping notice from TET now!!!... Like many here, I have been watching my inbox for the past month!

This will be my first vape (unless you count my awful experiences with the Atmos Raw) since I have been waiting for a portable unit with decent looks and build quality. I am a daily smoker, and mostly smoke flowers and bubble hash. I live in Seattle, and have access to anything under the sun (BHO, shatter, wax, etc), but since I have always smoked flowers I figured the LL was a good place to start!?

Once I found TET, and read about their products, it seemed like the best choice. I LOVE that it's a US made product, and judging by their willingness to learn, assist and solve problems for their customers they seem like a great company!

I have read many fantastic reviews of the PAX, but when I handled one in a local shop, I wasn't sure if it would hold up!?

I have been back and fourth wondering if I made the right choice, but I'm glad I decided to wait for the Cera!

Thanks for all of your help, advice, and general geekery!!

I tend to follow this general assumption when buying portables:

If I buy an expensive portable its because i want to get baked on the train, in the movies, snowboarding, ext.

Now, the problem with using a portable flower vape like the LL cart is that when your doing these things you usually don't want to make a reeking stench and be waving around weed, stirring rods, mouthpiece.

The other problem is the bowl size makes for a slow relaxed session. this is a problem when you have to get as vbaked as possible, as fast as possible. Sometimes a lift is coming, or security, or any number of deadlines. You don't always have 45 min to an hour to tug on your vape.

The solution to this is to always buy Oil portables. Keep your blown stirring rod at home and vape wax when your on the go. Remember, plug ins are always better than portables for flower and allow for the time required to enjoy your product.

Thats why i never buy a weed portable. AWW YA BRAPPPP BRAPPPP KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN'!

OF

The solution to this is to always buy Oil portables. Keep your blown stirring rod at home and vape wax when your on the go. Remember, plug ins are always better than portables for flower and allow for the time required to enjoy your product.

Thats why i never buy a weed portable. AWW YA BRAPPPP BRAPPPP KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN'!

I think I know what you're saying....which doesn't mean I think you're right of course.

Oil is just not a realistic choice for many. And it's a great inconvenience and expense to many more. Many shy away for safety reasons. Some few of us are fortunate enough to have legal high grade medical concentrates readily available, but not really for the use you're describing (although lots gets used that way of course).

Nor do all bud vapes need stirring. This particular vape being a prime example of that. Nor does Cera use involve "45 min to an hour to tug on your vape". A few minutes is more like it. As is widely discussed going more than 5 minutes or so takes some planning to deal with heat, most owners quickly learn to work within it's constraints.

I think perhaps you should consider reserving such judgments until you've actually tried the featured vape of this thread, I think you might be pleasantly surprised?

OF

YeeeBuddy

I tend to follow this general assumption when buying portables:

If I buy an expensive portable its because i want to get baked on the train, in the movies, snowboarding, ext.

Now, the problem with using a portable flower vape like the LL cart is that when your doing these things you usually don't want to make a reeking stench and be waving around weed, stirring rods, mouthpiece.

The other problem is the bowl size makes for a slow relaxed session. this is a problem when you have to get as vbaked as possible, as fast as possible. Sometimes a lift is coming, or security, or any number of deadlines. You don't always have 45 min to an hour to tug on your vape.

I already accomplished this, EO cart for on the go, LL for chillin at home, still one cera. The fact that it doesnt plug in just makes it that much more awesome, i can walk around the house while enjoying my LL instead of being restricted by the need for an outlet. The battery life is quite impressive as well, with a couple batteries to rotate I dont see the need for a plug in. I will admit if i only had access to LL and really wanted it for being just a portable flower vape I might think twice. Having access to quality concentrates is a luxury alot of people dont have so you have to take that into consideration when buying.

Edit: after using both the 2900 and 2250 I can barely tell the difference(I might be crazy but I like the 2250 more for the LL cart, EO cart is just a beast with either) So i just got 4 more 2250's from amazon 26$ shipped. So now that I am pretty well stocked up you guys should go for it :rofl:. You wont be dissapointed with the performance if that's what your scared of.

hektik8625

Hello Cera forum!...

Right on, thanks for the update! That's really good news cause I ordered mine( ti EO,LL cera) I think the 19th!? :) super stoked , it's not long now :) waiting really helped me get to know this forum too, FC is a gold mine for info .!!!

VapeAttic

WTF?? I ordered my Feb 4th! And Carl got email with shipping info and Carl ordered his feb 14!!! TET will expect a call from me at 9am pacific time and I have Zekie on speed dial. That is some bullshit. No offense Carl, more power to you with receiving your Cera. Yeah I am being a hater right now. I am pissed off and have been patiently waiting and will continue due to wanting to get my highly anticipated Cera! I am running low on my kolatopins to keep my anxiety down! I need a tool to start smoking these oils I've been storing since Feb 4th, the first day I ordered. Anyways, I'm just venting but I will be making a call this morning for sure. Any suggestions on not letting my tongue loose when I call TET today??? I am open for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

VapeAttic,

xclarryx

got my shipping notification!!! i ordered a LL SS on jan 23rd, man as SOON as i saw the email i thought 'cant wait to tell fuck combustion!!!'

wooooo cant believe im FINALLY about to have my cera!!

OF

Edit: after using both the 2900 and 2250 I can barely tell the difference(I might be crazy but I like the 2250 more for the LL cart, EO cart is just a beast with either) So i just got 4 more 2250's from amazon 26$ shipped. So now that I am pretty well stocked up you guys should go for it :rofl:. You wont be dissapointed with the performance if that's what your scared of.

I sure agree with you there. When TV gave me the first 2900 to test I did an A/B test with it against the 2250. I ran each alternately on the same core, load after load. Even though I finally convinced myself the 2900 went a few minutes more I think the 2250 gave better service. I was able to read the battery output under load (as I used it) thought the slide switch shaft (I put it back in to run such tests even though it usually doesn't work as a switch without a lot of fiddling it does provide a meter contact point).

I too jumped on the chance and bought some spares and agree Cera owners, current and future, should consider stocking up now while they're here....not to mention I paid about twice that much each for that same battery back when they were easy to find.

Any suggestions on not letting my tongue loose when I call TET today??? I am open for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Of course I suggest that. But only if you want better results.

I get it you're upset. There may be good reason for that or it could be a misunderstanding or there's some other factor in play you don't know about. But that's definitely not improved by anger and attacks. You know that I'm sure. Making your problems Zeki's (or anyone else you get) isn't going to make his life better. You want him to work with you and make your life better, right?

Assuming there was some sort of oversight you want corrected, calmly looking into that will work much better I think. Automatically assuming you're being singled out or neglected and accusing TV of this sin is, IMO, not the best way. Or even a good opening move if you know more than you do. You want a champion, not an antagonist.

Your call, of course. Good luck with it.

OF

coffinoff

VapeAttic, I hear you man. I've been waiting for what feels like way too long as well and its starting to make me think I should have spent that money somewhere else.

It is what it is though. I don't see anything wrong with giving them a call to find out what's up but they're obviously working on building and shipping, we just gotta continue to be patient. We'll get ours in due time.

VapeAttic

OF, you are an awesome straight up dude...thanks for the insight. I have now calmed down since the first emotions I had when I read the news about shipments being sent out. I agree not making others miserable or unhappy cuz of my experience. I guess it was just me venting and letting it role of my shoulders. I now have a better insight on how to handle this situation. And who knows, mine may be in the mail and TET forgetting to send out shipping info. That has happened to others as I hope that's the case for me. Time will tell on that matter. But to all the Cera owners, your definetly envied and I hope to be in same boat as you guys here shortly. Vape on and have a vapetastic day!

OF

OF, you are an awesome straight up dude...thanks for the insight.

I agree not making others miserable or unhappy cuz of my experience. I now have a better insight on how to handle this situation. And who knows, mine may be in the mail and TET forgetting to send out shipping info. That has happened to others as I hope that's the case for me.

You're very welcome, of course, but I think you've got me confused for two other guys......

You've hit, I think, on a great insight. You're pissed off, hopefully Zeki is not, you hope to pick that up from him, not the other way around? Starting from the assumption that there's an oversight and misunderstanding of some sort you could be asking him to help you sort it out. A very sharp and successful National Service Manager I worked for (had 400 plus guys with toolboxes nationwide working for his division) once gave me a great insight to human nature 'everyone wants to do someone else a favor if they can'. His point is we've all been there, wishing we could get a break, and helping a reasonable guy get his is second best to that. They feel good if they relate to you and fixing your issue at a personal level. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I really need a favor" has opened a lot of doors over the years.

So, good luck to ya. I too hope yours' is on track and the notice just missed somehow. If not, and you're civil and it's an oversight, they're sure to hang up the phone and get right on putting it right. My bet is yours' would be the next out in that case? They are trying very hard to be fair IMO.

So yeah, hat in hand is my advice, easier by far to ramp it up if needed than to back off you know. Sometimes becoming a routine PITA is the only way, but I sure don't think we're there yet.

OF

VapeAttic

You're very welcome, of course, but I think you've got me confused for two other guys......

You've hit, I think, on a great insight. You're pissed off, hopefully Zeki is not, you hope to pick that up from him, not the other way around? Starting from the assumption that there's an oversight and misunderstanding of some sort you could be asking him to help you sort it out. A very sharp and successful National Service Manager I worked for (had 400 plus guys with toolboxes nationwide working for his division) once gave me a great insight to human nature 'everyone wants to do someone else a favor if they can'. His point is we've all been there, wishing we could get a break, and helping a reasonable guy get his is second best to that. They feel good if they relate to you and fixing your issue at a personal level. "I'm sorry to bother you, but I really need a favor" has opened a lot of doors over the years.

So, good luck to ya. I too hope yours' is on track and the notice just missed somehow. If not, and you're civil and it's an oversight, they're sure to hang up the phone and get right on putting it right. My bet is yours' would be the next out in that case? They are trying very hard to be fair IMO.

So yeah, hat in hand is my advice, easier by far to ramp it up if needed than to back off you know. Sometimes becoming a routine PITA is the only way, but I sure don't think we're there yet.

OF
No I don't have you confused with nobody else. You are a strong FU member and well respected with advice and knowledge of vaporizors and from the sounds of it, life experience also! Just to make this short and to the point, I am calling TET with a different attitude. An attitude that will hopefully get me somewhere. (Thanks to you OF) Zekie, is a good guy and I would never bash on him for shipping out products and providing great customer service. Zekie knows me by my name now and only mentioned him because that's who I always talk too when I call TET. Thanks again OF.

VapeAttic,
Reactions: OF

scottfree

Waiting for this was the worst part, I couldn't wait anymore so the day I got my shipping info I drove an hour and half to the factory and was able to pick it up before they shipped it in the mail just to have it a couple days earlier. I just cleaned the EO and its like new... I think it even taste better than new! Thanks JCat

iamn3ko

Posting some sick vids in about an hour or so once they are all uploaded.

Will be showing some extreme macro close up shots of my abv, and an inside look at our Cera. I love these close up shots.

Will also be posting a video of my new mouthpiece I've been using, if anyone's having LL issues this is your answer!!!

I could hardly get vapor before, but now I'm getting clouds like nice good clouds, and quick and easy! No more super long pulls.

I am trying to upload them in the best quality I can so please bear with me.

Stay tuned! I'll be showing a close up look at the Thermovape Cera, and my new "Open flow EQ style MP/ Extendo MP"!

AirDru

So im gettng my cera back from TET tomorrow plus an EL core. Both the Cera body and EO core were measuring too high in resistance. i wasnt getting very many thick clouds.

So as far as the EL core goes. What is the consensus out there? how does cera EL stack up vs its competitors? do the cera EL users seem satisfied?

also, check what heppened to my mouthpeice after a fall from my desk.
9B32A8FA-D24D-407C-A6F9-F9465DE7B636-2273-00000145E62B47A9_zps923dec2a.jpg

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
My Cera begins its journey back home to its maker today. I'm sad to see it go, but TET has my confidence to make everything right.

I'm very curious to hear where the fault was in my unit to make it spark up like it did! I had noticed a very slight but noticeable warmth coming from the switch where it most definitely hadn't been during the first week of usage. I'm sure because I looked for that at first, having heard of it in other users' reports here. I first noticed switch warmth when using aluminum foil as a latching mod. After I noticed that I decided to stop using the foil, and didn't notice any heat using the normal switch for at least a week afterward. Once it started getting warm down by the switch, the battery was also noticeably warmer faster. I always take the battery out after a session, wait for it to be room temperature, and then put it on the charger. This ritual made me very aware of the increase in battery temperature that followed the increase in switch heat.

But, even with the switch heat and battery heat, the Cera was working fantastically. No problems until all of a sudden, only the top of the cera body is heating up and the core isn't glowing. Then the sparks. In my brief email exchange with TET, they indicated they suspected a switch failure. I'm unsure that that is a complete diagnosis however, given the Cera body and LL cart do warm up on the outside even though there is no glow in the core. That makes it seem more like a body or core failure to me, or maybe there are problems in all three? The odds of that are slim, I'm just making minimally educated guesses from my armchair over here of course.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to rejoining the Cera clan here. I need to keep up with all of this new technique information, the Tweek-pack for instance, to stay educated in my position as a CLL evangelist and all. Going back to using the launch box as my daily driver, all things Cera are really standing out to me even more now in hindsight. The all ceramic bowl and body, its portable convection vaporization, the taste as pure or purer than your mama's GonG, delivering irritation free medication without any water filtration involved, and you can clean the heck out of the sucker!
  • Yes, it takes a couple sessions of medicating and careful thought to start maximizing its performance characteristics.
  • No, you don't to maximize technique to get yourself in a very toasty state, that's really easy!
  • Yes, it's possible to blow clouds with Cera, with the help of technique and also with material. It's really been nice whenever I've sprinkled kief in with my bowl… I'm looking forward to trying it with bubble hash!
  • No, you don't need clouds! I say that not just in theory but also in experience, from going cloud chasing and back, there's something about the quiet power that the Cera possesses. It's something special going on at the intersection of the design of the bowl, the heating method, and the mouthpiece. Early on, OF mentioned someone at TET (Noah or Tim, I can't recall) talking about the optimal particle size in vapor for absorption in the lungs. I don't know how much there is to that, but really, try the Cera for a week and let me know if you don't notice anything about its efficiency at medicating, tastily and pleasantly, even when you aren't blowing those visible clouds that many of us naturally seek. I certainly still enjoy turning around from a CLL session and blowing clouds of glycerine vapor… I know I'm not alone here in pondering clouds, I saw some interesting discussion in the Pinnacle thread on the same subject.
  • Yes, you can also turn this into a top of the line e-cig (I do like to think of that as e-cigar, given Cera's size) or peerless essential oil vaporizer on the fly. I think it's important to note, in case some readers haven't followed, for $400 (the price of the CLL plus either the oil or glycerine attachment) you can have a top notch set up to vaporize herbs, oils, or glycerine tinctures, with only two carts. The caveat is that you must clean out the oil/glycerine cart before switching between oils and glycerine tinctures. For someone like me who rarely has access to oils but does enjoy glycerine, this is a very handy option.
Given all this, and particularly given that it's mostly made of ceramic, I think its surely apt to say: Cera rocks. :brow:

Edit: AirDru, I hate to "like" a post like that, that's some painful looking damage there! I'll be babying my ceramic all the more now, your tragedy will help the rest of us avoid such a fate. Great to hear you'll be getting your oil and glycerine carts tomorrow! Hope you have a driptip or something similar to use with those. I don't have a glycerine cart yet though I do plan on buying one in the near future. Always good to hear more user reports with that one.

Tweek

I finally discovered what the biggest obstacle was in my pursuit of thicker vapor from the Cera...moisture. Not sure if this is just my environment influencing things, or if this could apply to most people, but I noticed that after priming my packed Cera, my herb would be moist. So by the time I got the Cera hot enough to produce vapor, my herb was too damp to produce anything visible. I got medicated, but not as deeply as I desired.

I initially started pre-warming the Cera and then packing, with decent results. Once I rigged my unit up with a homemade glass piece similar to what TET sells I was able to enjoy thick vapor much more consistently.

Just something for folks to try if they like.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Waiting for this was the worst part, I couldn't wait anymore so the day I got my shipping info I drove an hour and half to the factory and was able to pick it up before they shipped it in the mail just to have it a couple days earlier. I just cleaned the EO and its like new... I think it even taste better than new! Thanks JCat
No problem ... I'm the King of Vape Cleaning (I fully clean my vapes as I consider them too dirty to use before most people would even wipe them down ...)

One of the truly great things about the Cera is its ability to be cleaned to like new condition ... truly a nice piece of craftsmanship.

OF

Not sure if this is just my environment influencing things, or if this could apply to most people, but I noticed that after priming my packed Cera, my herb would be moist. So by the time I got the Cera hot enough to produce vapor, my herb was too damp to produce anything visible. I got medicated, but not as deeply as I desired.

You know, a while back I came to a similar moment (another vape I think?). I noticed that part of the load I was working on was moist and thought 'what's this.....I'm trying to roast part and steam the other?'.

My 'fix' was different than yours, I took to loading only dry stuff in respect of the battery life.

Valid point, IMO. Dry is important and also seems to keep fouling down. Moist herb seems go gunk stuff up faster.

OF

Tweek

In my case, the herb is dry going in, but picks up moisture while inside the Cera. It is pretty damp around here right now, so perhaps that is where it is coming from? I found the more open air path helps keep everything dry in the bowl.

Tweek,
Reactions: OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
You know, a while back I came to a similar moment (another vape I think?). I noticed that part of the load I was working on was moist and thought 'what's this.....I'm trying to roast part and steam the other?'.

My 'fix' was different than yours, I took to loading only dry stuff in respect of the battery life.

Valid point, IMO. Dry is important and also seems to keep fouling down. Moist herb seems go gunk stuff up faster.

OF
Yes ... agreed OF and Tweek ... this was an issue in Jamaica ... I'd leave the bag of cannabis wide open and it would never dry ... at all (humidity in the air is too high! :lol:) ... I could have used an air tight container with some sort of desiccant in it!

Skored

After trying many techniques, it seems that the best way I've found to use Cera LL is with a tightly packed full bowl. The load gets to temp with one 15 second draw. Then, it produces great clouds at will with 10-15 second draws. I can get about 8 good rips before the bowl is done. My problem though is that I don't want 8 rips, I want about half that to be where I want to be. So I'll come back to the bowl a second time, and it's just harder to get it to produce in order to finish the bowl... but eventually I get there and I noticed it helps having a fresh battery.

I wish Tweek's recommendation of a tightly packed half bowl worked for me, but it just seems harder to get it going to draw vapor. I'm pre-heating for a minute, then loading. I have to draw on it much longer to get it to produce vapor, and the clouds/hits are smaller in nature.

Still lots of experimenting to do. But I will say that overall this vape is awesome! I'd like to find a glass piece that I can use with the MP. Any suggestions on where to find one? I know Thermovape sells the one that goes directly over the bowl, but hoping to find a 1/2 inch piece to put directly on the MP or through the cap.

Oh, and I use mine on-the-go all the time. It takes me under 4 minutes to preheat, load and vape to satisfaction.

Top Bottom