Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Psybero

Freely moving over the axis of Time & Space
All that matters to me is which battery has what it takes to get through step two with the higher temperatures needed to vape hash ! Or are the temperatures too high already, causing the load to get sticky before it has the chance to vaporise ? I remember you once said you preferred the 14 volt core setup ! Are we getting too much heat ?
Thanks for asking the questions that I will probably have in the near future!

Psybero,
Reactions: Nimrod

OF

All I can really advise is that Moroccan Pollen works better when it has been ground and is still dry, as apposed to the sticky effects of burning. The world of difference with cera is executing step 2 correctly. I seem to only get it right by misadventure rather than following a set plan.

In my hash adventures I found that putting the hash in the freezer (sometimes the grinder too) made it much easier to get a good grind, you might try that?

I agree, step 2 is critical, it sets up the hit really. If it's not right the heat for the hit won't be right either. I think most of the problems start at step 1 however? A weak step 1 almost guaranties a shaky step 2. No doubt about it, hash as opposed to herb is more challenging......but then again the rewards can be awesome.

FWIW I got frustrated along the way and tried a very thin layer of the Volcano pad with some otherwise nice bubble hash that just fought me tooth and nail. My idea was a buffer to further the work of the input grid at the bottom of the bowl. I think they (Thermodynamics guys) call it a 'homogenizer', the idea being to make the flow as uniform as possible. It did seem to limit the 'clumping up' of the load.

Or are the temperatures too high already, causing the load to get sticky before it has the chance to vaporise ? I remember you once said you preferred the 14 volt core setup ! Are we getting too much heat ?

Interesting idea. That would be 14 Watts, BTW. The final temperature is more or less the same (about 1400F IIRC) but more power gets you through step 1 faster and lets you pull harder on 2 without depleting too much heat but it also exhausts the battery faster and heats the body more (since the extra heat has to go somewhere) which were my objections.

The actual power varies a lot as the battery discharges. IIRC it drops about 25%. That is a 16 Watt core on a fresh battery is only using 12 when recharge comes. You might try saving a 'nearly done' battery and swapping it in against a fresh one in alternate hits?

OF

Nimrod

Wow, that does not sound like the experience I am after, it can get disheartening Then again, it could be a challenge to get to a working recipe. Luckily the material I use is very constant, so I might be able to sort out some test configuration. Do you vary your material since you have these results, or does the Cera simply play a lesser role (and the riz a bigger one)? It would be shame to have to trade in my hash for another -better vaporizable- material. Still hopeful I can ditch the tobacco altogether and have a vaporizer as my only source, be it with my trusted favorite or a new good tasting vapeherb.

Something else, did you have to pay tax upon receiving your Cera?
I think I must have picked up some bad habits racing against the clock when I had a hot switch. In your position I would learn all I could about the advanced technique and the three steps involved, and develop good habits from the start. I don`t think the material matters if you know how to light her up. When she lights up with pollen she goes on forever, needing the mouthpiece to be repeatably cooled under the tap to extend the session. A full bowl is hard to finish on your own ! I don`t have paypal or anything, and bought mine over the phone from a website in England. Yes the rizlas are playing a bigger role as I seek inspiration, trying to figure out what I do differently on the odd occasion it works.

llamaman001

Ive had no experience what so ever with EO cart and tried it out yesterday with GREAT results. Got a dab on the very edge of my dabber, set the product on the ceramic wafer and did a 5 second prime, another 5 seconds, then another 5 seconds and it was soaked in. I would say it was around a .1 and I got some MASSIVE rips off of it first try. I enjoy the restriction and can say it hit about 20 times better than any "vape pen" Ive ever hit, minus my revo and dart carts. The EO reminds me of an upgraded rev/dart that was improved upon in every way possible. I greatly enjoyed it.

I am beginning to tackle the LL cart now and find that a fine MFLB style grind works best for me. Very nice vape to use in the morning time for sure. I really need to build an extended mouthpiece however because like everyone here says, that mouthpiece gets damn hot!

OF

I would say it was around a .1 and I got some MASSIVE rips off of it first try. I enjoy the restriction and can say it hit about 20 times better than any "vape pen" Ive ever hit, minus my revo and dart carts.

I am beginning to tackle the LL cart now and find that a fine MFLB style grind works best for me.

I really need to build an extended mouthpiece however because like everyone here says, that mouthpiece gets damn hot!

Great report back, congrats! You might want to walk that EO load up a bit, try it above .25 grams. In the Revolution/DART cart world you've just loaded a tiny amount. Like a 1/40 of a gram. The EO is about 5 times the working area, try loading it appropriately. The hits are richer, come faster, and you don't have to blast the entire load up to temperature for each hit so it actually stays fresher.

I too like fine grind in the LL, and find packing it in 'medium' gives longer sessions and thicker vapor without getting too hard on the draw.

The heat is definitely an issue, but as you get better at controlling it, you can get through steps 1 and 2 (and get to the good part) faster which saves extra heat build up and gives more vaping per charge. You can't beat it all the way, but IMO you can usually get it going, get in and get your business done before it gets too hot. (insert your own off color analogy as needed).

Best regards. Enjoy your Cera, it's a great vape.

OF

llamaman001

I love it more each time I use it...just like mflb it's a vape you've got learn over time.

I'm just obsessed with thermovape products....after 3 T1s, 3 avas, a dart, 2 revolutions, an evolution, and 2 ceras...i'm still left wanting more haha. I don't think ill go the Luna route but I really hope they continue to release loose leaf vapes

Nimrod

In my hash adventures I found that putting the hash in the freezer (sometimes the grinder too) made it much easier to get a good grind, you might try that?

I agree, step 2 is critical, it sets up the hit really. If it's not right the heat for the hit won't be right either. I think most of the problems start at step 1 however? A weak step 1 almost guaranties a shaky step 2. No doubt about it, hash as opposed to herb is more challenging......but then again the rewards can be awesome.

FWIW I got frustrated along the way and tried a very thin layer of the Volcano pad with some otherwise nice bubble hash that just fought me tooth and nail. My idea was a buffer to further the work of the input grid at the bottom of the bowl. I think they (Thermodynamics guys) call it a 'homogenizer', the idea being to make the flow as uniform as possible. It did seem to limit the 'clumping up' of the load.

Interesting idea. That would be 14 Watts, BTW. The final temperature is more or less the same (about 1400F IIRC) but more power gets you through step 1 faster and lets you pull harder on 2 without depleting too much heat but it also exhausts the battery faster and heats the body more (since the extra heat has to go somewhere) which were my objections.

The actual power varies a lot as the battery discharges. IIRC it drops about 25%. That is a 16 Watt core on a fresh battery is only using 12 when recharge comes. You might try saving a 'nearly done' battery and swapping it in against a fresh one in alternate hits?

OF
Surely any problems with step 1 is easily rectified by holding the button longer before use. Step 2 contains the more difficult task of transferring the right amount of heat at the right time to produce vapour. Considering over-enthusiasm is likely to cool the load, while excess caution could lead to missing the boat, I`m sure the skill/technique/timing factor lies in this area.

OF

Surely any problems with step 1 is easily rectified by holding the button longer before use. Step 2 contains the more difficult task of transferring the right amount of heat at the right time to produce vapour. Considering over-enthusiasm is likely to cool the load, while excess caution could lead to missing the boat, I`m sure the skill/technique/timing factor lies in this area.

Sure enough, but human nature is working against you. Guys shortchange step 1 so that step 2 then pulls the temperature in the core down too fast and vapor production suffers. You're right, step 1 takes patients, but step 2 takes finesse. The rate of draw off is the critical part I think as well. Also guys don't keep at it until that test puff is really really solid. That (the test puff) should really be the goal, if you get there in reasonable time with normal heat the world's your oyster. The harder you hit, the more heated air is pulled into a load that's already at the magic temperature, noting to heat up further, all it can do is make vapor. Lots and lots of lovely vapor......

But you know, even the bad hits can be pretty good with Cera?

OF

Krazzykid

Holding down the button long enough and letting the heat build up is step 1, so if you don't do this for long enough then the rest of the steps are already screwed.
In step 2 most people mess up by trying to go right for a slow steady inhale, and although this can be done once you master the Cera, new users should NOT do this though. Instead what you should do in my experience is take many light "cigar puffs" one after another. You aren't trying to make vapor yet instead you are focusing on pulling bursts of heat from the core and into the load. Once you start to see SOLID vapor then you can start taking your long slow inhales.

If you have done this properly, and you are using a battery with enough charge, you WILL get excellent vapor every time period. If you start inhaling before you see solid vapor forming then you will cool the core off and never achieve your desired effects. This technique works the exact same for bubble hash as well or anything you feed your LL core.

Edit: Always a minute or two too late
Also it doesn't matter if you are using stock batteries or another recommended battery, the steps are the same. If you can't get vapor (and your unit is within spec and batteries charged) it is only your technique that isn't working properly

Last edited:

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Holding down the button long enough and letting the heat build up is step 1, so if you don't do this for long enough then the rest of the steps are already screwed.
In step 2 most people mess up by trying to go right for a slow steady inhale, and although this can be done once you master the Cera, new users should NOT do this though. Instead what you should do in my experience is take many light "cigar puffs" one after another. You aren't trying to make vapor yet instead you are focusing on pulling bursts of heat from the core and into the load. Once you start to see SOLID vapor then you can start taking your long slow inhales.

If you have done this properly, and you are using a battery with enough charge, you WILL get excellent vapor every time period. If you start inhaling before you see solid vapor forming then you will cool the core off and never achieve your desired effects. This technique works the exact same for bubble hash as well or anything you feed your LL core.

Edit: Always a minute or two too late
Also it doesn't matter if you are using stock batteries or another recommended battery, the steps are the same. If you can't get vapor (and your unit is within spec and batteries charged) it is only your technique that isn't working properly
once you find the magic ....o yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!:)

darkrom

Great Scott!
So what causes clogging of the EO core? I have a huge mouthpiece for it called "fatboy" so I know its not the mouthpiece itself, plus when i plug the cera into the ass end of my hydratube for my cloud, I have to pull like CRAZY to clear a clog, and that is with no mouthpiece.

Is it overloaded? I highly doubt that based on what I've put in it. Just trying to avoid clogging this thing up since its starting to really grow on me as a portable.

OF

Is it overloaded? I highly doubt that based on what I've put in it.

Yes, it is. For what you're loading the way you're using it. You've got oil that hasn't been absorbed but instead flowed past the core and collected in the connector near the vents. There's a bunch there even before it gets to the level of leaking. It can build up over time, or happen in a single loading. Standing it upright can make it worse (gravity and all.....), try laying it on it's side while still warm.

This can also be technique related. For instance, 'torching it down'? If you dump a bunch of thinned down oil on a cold core you run a serious risk of having it flow right down past the reservoir. Like pouring syrup on your pancakes, the plate is going to get sticky if you're not very careful. The recommended loading technique tries to avoid this by ensuring the core is plenty hot before the goods get there, deviate at your own risk.

Anyway, you've got oil where you don't really want it, and enough so it's leaking. By the time it reaches the vents, the trap is full.

OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
I make sure the core is always hot, I actually use the cores heat to load it and nothing else.

I do try to hold it vertically after using it, perhaps the solution is just laying it down right away after using it?

Thanks again. I'll just run it dry or close to before refilling, but I swear there can't be more than .5g in there total.

OF

I make sure the core is always hot, I actually use the cores heat to load it and nothing else.

I do try to hold it vertically after using it, perhaps the solution is just laying it down right away after using it?

Thanks again. I'll just run it dry or close to before refilling, but I swear there can't be more than .5g in there total.

I'm giving general advice, not saying what I think you've done. I'm sure you understand since I'm not there the best idea is to cover as many bases as possible? Overloading is not the only way to cause flooding, only the most popular way I think.

Yes, as I said, use gravity. Lay it on it's side when you're done but while it's still hot. Even slightly nose down. There's a lip in the top of the outer body (where the MP joins), I've used it in the past to collect extra oil between uses. Since the ceramic cores are in that same area this puts the liquid against the outside of them, hopefully to be absorbed over time.

It's all a part of learning to use it the way it works best, not necessarily the way you expected to use it before you had experience with how 'it fits your pistol'.

Play with it, you'll sort it out.

OF

Nimrod

Well put, and correctly spelled! When you 'hit the zone' with Cera you sure know it. And want more.

IMO guys who've been there know, those that haven't question......

Glad you're on board. Time to reap the harvest of your efforts. Congratulations.

OF
.......don`t forget the paradise lost guys, who enjoyed the ride so much, they can`t remember how they got there !

OF

.......don`t forget the paradise lost guys, who enjoyed the ride so much, they can`t remember how they got there !

....and still don't know what happened to their shoes.....

Back in the days I used to teach Troubleshooting as a skill in electronics I used to teach a traditional approach, "The Columbus Technique". You know, stumble on it and claim you got there on purpose?

OF

Nimrod

....and still don't know what happened to their shoes.....

Back in the days I used to teach Troubleshooting as a skill in electronics I used to teach a traditional approach, "The Columbus Technique". You know, stumble on it and claim you got there on purpose?

OF
Trouble is I can`t find my way back there ! Step 2 she falls in love with you. Well misbehaving cera soon fell out with me ! Maybe mine is a dark Goddess who only comes out to play on the dark side of the moon !

Psybero

Freely moving over the axis of Time & Space
I believe in positive thinking.
My Ceraphym will be brought to me tomorrow, to divulge all her heavenly secrets to me. She may look like an icey maiden, but when she responds to my touch and heats up her core, she'll get moist and steamy... to release her bliss in clouds of vapor, like a true volcano.
That's how it will be, tomorrow.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I believe in positive thinking.
My Ceraphym will be brought to me tomorrow, to divulge all her heavenly secrets to me. She may look like an icey maiden, but when she responds to my touch and heats up her core, she'll get moist and steamy... to release her bliss in clouds of vapor, like a true volcano.
That's how it will be, tomorrow.
i hope your mail moves swiftly tomorrow my friend :)

FUnhouse

I am Joining the club.
Just got my Cera in the mail.
Gifted to me from a amazingly generous FC member.
Charging the batteries and getting ready to load the EO.

Thanks all for the advice already given here, and in advance for the questions I know I will have!

Edit. WOW! cough cough cough..........

Last edited:
Top Bottom