Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Czechyourhead

I'd like to have a 2nd eo cart for variety, but have been holding out to purchase w/mini. *hint, hint TV.

Czechyourhead,

OF

I'd like to have a 2nd eo cart for variety, but have been holding out to purchase w/mini. *hint, hint TV.

I'm not sure why that should matter, the same carts will work there too we're told. A guy really can't have too many EO carts you know, what with all these lovely extracts around. I've got 3, the Beta cart I was given (now rebuilt a LOT), the stock backup and also the custom high resistance one I bought. I'm sure I could find something interesting to fill a fourth with.....you're talking to a guy with dozens of Omicron carts here......

I would not expect it anytime soon. AFAIK there isn't even a working prototype to show off (they told me they'd call me when they got there....) and it won't be shipping until it has been Beta tested, and that comes after prototypes.

Hopefully this one won't hit the ceramic and other related issues the original had so should flow quickly, but one never knows. In any event I'd expect a month or more lead time from a series of events that haven't happened. My bet is early next year, I don't think it's going to make Christmas.....

OF

Czechyourhead

I've got a TI cera, and can't really spring for a 2nd TI cart. I also figure the mini will be stainless. I know mixing TI & stainless isn't really recommended.

Czechyourhead,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I've got a TI cera, and can't really spring for a 2nd TI cart. I also figure the mini will be stainless. I know mixing TI & stainless isn't really recommended.
I think if anything, the mini/light would be Ti over SS...the Ti Cera is a few ounces lighter than the SS, so if they are truely trying to make it a lot lighter the obvious choice would be Ti.

But I doubt they would do this as it would A) be more expensive and B) leave the many people who have SS cartridges screwed.

My best guess is that it will be released as a SS version and Ti version just like the original

OF

there was talk at one point about carbon fiber! :rolleyes:

True rumor. An obvious weight savings over the Zirconia. Also being considered were a couple of metal tube versions which have the advantage of not needing the strap.

FWIW I expect at least the part of the body with the switch (above the battery, under the load) to be metal, although I've been fooled by them before.....

OF

tedthehed

consider a vaporizer mouthpiece and heater unit with the battery connected by a wire going to a battery pack in your pocket!
could be kind of thin wire too since it is carrying only 25 watts max...

then you could use rechargeable aa enveloops if you wanted to..

tedthehed,

OF

consider a vaporizer mouthpiece and heater unit with the battery connected by a wire going to a battery pack in your pocket!
could be kind of thin wire too since it is carrying only 25 watts max...

then you could use rechargeable aa enveloops if you wanted to..

Like most fun ideas, it's been done. There are some advantages in some cases, but I guess not enough to counter the point you're basically using a corded vape now (it's just that the cord is more convenient).

Pipes did some interesting work in the area IIRC, made a truly bitty unit with a tiny switch, cable and a socket for the cart in a short tube. I think there are also (lower powered) e-cigs that run on USB ports?

One of the older vapes had a AA battery pack to run it (takes 10 batteries to make 12 Volts) I considered back when I made my first battery pack (for the PD initially), I went with 18650s because it only takes 3 to do the job. Each of them has about 3 times the 'energy density' (9 Wh each against 3), which is why you find cell phones, laptops and so on using Li batteries not NiMH.

FWIW I ran my latest Cera PA on that battery pack in the garden a few times, but I think it's more useful in that mode with a single 18650 inside.

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Ok, so I went back to the LL the other day, first Using the AW brand 2000mah 18650 battery. Got a couple good hits, but after a few minutes turned really whispy and weak to nothing, so i assumed battery was done. I switched it to freshly charged CGR 2250mah with same load and immediately got great hits, but again after a couple minutes nothing...

Im gonna try a 2900mah battery today, but is that a normal result with those batteries? I would say i got maybe 5 mins of usage with intermittent power before the batteries seemed to be done...also after using the CGR battery, i emptied the load, which was quite brown, and tried just heating the core. It glowed but not at the full brilliance a fully charged battery would, and the glow dissappeared immediately after releasing the button (usually itll stay glowing for a couple seconds with a freshly charged battery)

Are these results expected?

Mynameismud,

OF

Are these results expected?

No, it's not normal. 30 minutes plus is normal, a bit less for the IMR.

How confident are you of your charger? It's not by chance a 'dual chemistry' unit like the WR-188 set to LiFePO mode?

I seriously doubt batteries of different types all went South at the same time......

Edit: I should have put that '...gone South at the same time on their own'. That is they didn't die of old age. "They didn't jump, someone pushed".

OF

Last edited:

tedthehed

I had a similar experience. With a freshly charged battery ( 3.6-3.7 volts) I get vapor w the wax cart. in 4 seconds or so, depending also on how full the well is. .then after a while of use the voltage will naturally drop, and you get a little impatient waiting for the vapor...it comes but can take 6 seconds or more with a 'used' battery..

Have you seen the new orbtronic 3400 mah battery? :)

I don't think cera sells the lipo battery any more, they seem to have removed the mention.. which is probably because they can be damaged if drained below , ach ! now I forget 2.6 volts I think... which isn't a danger with good lions..in a good charge

http://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-...li-ion-battery-button-top-panasonic-orbtronic

..this new orbtronic has a lower capacity 2900, than the 3400 mah version, , but, it has a higher discharge current of 10 amps, vs. the 6.2 amps (sufficient I believe ) of the 3400 mah version...

Last edited:
tedthehed,

Darb

Has anybody had the batteries that came with the Cera pre orders die on them yet? Mine seem to be getting weak.

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I am having trouble with my errl leaking out of the ti cart, it is thc pharmaceutical oil. It is not really runny, but when heated is does run easily. Any ideas on how to work around this? Or possibly a better recommendation for a portable? Possibly the Ejuice core?

Soflo,

OF

Have you tried loading less? Seems counterproductive but I figure it wouldn't harm it much if at all trying with lighter loads.

I think the Q man has a useful insight....again. In theory (and usually in practice) the oil is completely absorbed into the warm ceramic and can't leak. Like a wet sponge when hot, solid when cold. This is maybe half a gram, give or take? Depending on the goods you can load more, usually.

One thing that seems to help get leakers back in line is to lay it on it's side rather than upright when not using it. The oil puddles on the outside of the core, between it and the body, and hopefully doesn't flood high enough up to get to the vents (or in extreme cases out the mouth?). I've used this a few times when I spaced out how much was there and added more when production fell off due to battery state without checking that first.

Being real careful with 'cool down' after a session helps as well, the leaks seem to happen in the first few minutes for the most part near as I can tell.

The tough part is there's only one good way to get the level back in line.....vape it out! Suck it up and go for it, you know it's better in you than all over your Cera.......

Regards,

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Have you tried loading less? Seems counterproductive but I figure it wouldn't harm it much if at all trying with lighter loads.
I am having trouble with my errl leaking out of the ti cart, it is thc pharmaceutical oil. It is not really runny, but when heated is does run easily. Any ideas on how to work around this? Or possibly a better recommendation for a portable? Possibly the Ejuice core?
I agree!
Did you over load it?
I dont think I have ever had a leak, maybe your missing a screw or the gap between the threads and the outer cart are to large??

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Ya, I've tried it, but it takes for ever to get a good hit that way. Then you are reloading often or scraping the thing clean after it leaks. I usually never load more than .3 or so. The air gap does look pretty large, that is definitely where the leak is coming from. I know it's voodoo, but could a guy hypothetically loosen up the screws and tighten up the gap at all?

Last edited:

420time

i recently boiled my EO cart and been drying for 2 days already, still makes sizzling sound... what can i do about that.

420time,

OF

i recently boiled my EO cart and been drying for 2 days already, still makes sizzling sound... what can i do about that.

Some thoughts:
  • Rinse it last in hot water and work quick
  • Shake as much water out as you can as soon as you can
  • Lay it on it's side rather than stand it on end
  • Leave it in a warm place, warmer than the surrounding area
I usually leave mine on the router overnight and it's dry by morning if I do the above.

At first I'd screw up by not shaking as much out as I could get.

OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
No, it's not normal. 30 minutes plus is normal, a bit less for the IMR.

How confident are you of your charger? It's not by chance a 'dual chemistry' unit like the WR-188 set to LiFePO mode?

I seriously doubt batteries of different types all went South at the same time......

Edit: I should have put that '...gone South at the same time on their own'. That is they didn't die of old age. "They didn't jump, someone pushed".

OF
Hmm thats what i was afraid of...im getting 2 good 10 minute sessions of use time approximately with the 2900mah batteries so about 20 minutes of constant use. I would assume i could probably get a third session out of it but i ended up charging it when i got home...

With the 2250 and 2000 i get one session barely i just dont get it. The same aw 2000mah battery i tried with the cera works fine and lasts quite a while with the persei and hercules...

Also im using the tenergy charger from thermovape seems to work fine with the 2900mah batteries so i dont think thats the issue...i have an ultrafire rapid charger as well as the

AI would think maybe its the cartridge? Cause these batteries work fine with the EO but then i dont get why im getting normal results from the 2900mah battery

Last edited:
Mynameismud,
Reactions: OF

OF

I would think maybe its the cartridge? Cause these batteries work fine with the EO but then i dont get why im getting normal results from the 2900mah battery

I seriously doubt it's the cart. A cart using 3 times normal power would most likely blow up. And spreading twice the power that's used in the core (a fair bit) around the rest of the vape would make it hotter than the load is, also not likely.

What you're seeing is abnormally low life from several different batteries, which is why I suspect the charger?

It's always possible they all packed in more or less together, but that too seems unlikely. My money's on the charger.

OF

Top Bottom