Discontinued Thermovape Cera

NoName

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."

Hey VapeAttic:

How about:

The pessimist complains about the lack of clouds; the optimist expects them to appear without any practice; the realist reads and utilizes the valuable tips from his fellow forum members and adjust his technique!!! (And enjoys blue vapor LOL).

NN

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
For perspective, the oil cart is 14 as well IIRC, but the juice cart is 10 Watts since 'juice' vapes easier. Tim suggested changing my order (placed before Christmas, too.....) for a spare oil cart for dedicated PG use (love the stuff, if it's my only oil cart I'm finding an excuse to vape it up to put something else in....) to the 10 Watt juice version. Now that it seems the inventory control system is working, maybe they'll give me that cart next time I'm out?

OF

First time Cera poster. Read this, dont know if this is available now or what the idea is, etc. Can someone explain? Im a long time Puregold user looking for a more consistently working device. Would the Cera with a different cart work best and conserve more when used in conjunction with PureGold?

Or did he mean Propylene Glycol as PG. Or PureGold as PG?

Porquiplane,

OF

First time Cera poster. Read this, dont know if this is available now or what the idea is, etc. Can someone explain? Im a long time Puregold user looking for a more consistently working device. Would the Cera with a different cart work best and conserve more when used in conjunction with PureGold?

That's actually old news. Along the road to release, the EL cart got pushed to the wall, it seems e-cig guys aren't big on waiting (as was explained to me they hit a lot and are growing old fast enough to not want to waste time waiting for each hit....).

For PG, as I understand the current offerings, you want the EO cart. Load half a gram, then top it up .25 at a time when it runs low. It's a whole other thing, more so with PG, slack off on the power if you're not wearing seat belts.....maybe even if you are. It can produce an astounding level of vapor.....

It's even 'Bob L approved' as a nail substitute! Look about four posts up. It's not going to get better I'm thinking......

OF

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!

Or did he mean Propylene Glycol as PG. Or PureGold as PG?
Noah, had posted some videos of the cera EO with a half gram of pure gold, he was blasting thru clouds like a mad man, and i do remember they edited the video and took a number count of the hits, seems pretty efficient even with those huge clouds!!!
I plan on further testing my EO CEra with puregold once shes back!!!!

Thanks, I just spoke with Zeki over at TET and they are e-mailing me the return shipping info so i can get it in the mail to them today!!! Really impressed with their customer service! Now hopefully I can get my baby back before Coachella Weekend 2!!! (Wishful thinking)

Any updated on what's going on with your Cera?
No, update as of yet!!!
I didnt want to disturb them, ........but iam thinking on calling today to get any info on my beloved cera lol!!!!!
I ENJOYED CERA FOR EASTER BUT IAM REALLY HOPING I GET HER BACK FOR MY BDAY & 420!!!!

Sonics420

Oh wow 420 in 11 days ?? And my ceras gone for repair lol. Hope i get it back by then

That EO core is missed, I just got more shatter for it.. now the wait begins

Su3SNR3.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I would be happy to help seeing as it was my idea pm me his contact details. I know I promised a picture and didn't deliver I will try and find 5 minuet after work to smash one out. I really don't think it would be too hard to include all you would have to do would be to make sure the nipple fits through/into the hole just above the lip that holds the screen and start the taper a little further along so it doesnt foul. you could even taper quite sharply right at the end of the nipple to increase wall thickness and strength?

R
is this meant to go around the cart instead of the entire standard cera mp, or is it to go inside the part that wraps around the cart?

Bob Loblaw,

TRVP LXRD

young kush god
Did anyone do any mini reviews for the cera? I am stuck between choosing between the Inh XP, Pax, Cera, or wait on the Ascent. Although it looks like the Cera is back ordered for quite some time anyway... I'd like to see the comparisons to the ascent/inh/pax aka the top tier port vapes. Thanks!

TRVP LXRD,

TheRobbo

is this meant to go around the cart instead of the entire standard cera mp, or is it to go inside the part that wraps around the cart?

It is meant as a replacement for the standard cap setup to add a bit of length to keep lips and face away from the heat, and as a more open flow design with a screen instead of the UFO mouth piece, I just want the ability to swap out the screen with the UFO incorporated in the design. I guess this is something more for LLC users as the CEO doesn't get the on time resulting in having a branding iron for a mouth piece :-)

R

TheRobbo,

OF

Cera coming tomorrow! Do their batteries come precharged? How long should I expect to leave it to charge before I can use it? I'm color blind partially, and have a hard time reading LED colors.

They come mostly charged. Knowing your legendary self restraint I'd suggest you put one on charge and play with the other for a while, then switch them off?

I know that color blind red/green LED bit. There's a whole level of hell waiting for the guys that design that stuff in so 1/8 of the men in the world (basically none of the women) have some level of trouble. About the same level as are left handed in fact and you don't catch anyone making tools that absolutely won't work for southpaws......'cept maybe baseball mitts. And they sell well in the other sex.

Anyway, most chargers seem to give you a clue. One I have flashes a blip of the other color when charging, when it seems solid it's done (you just have to watch carefully for a while). The 'factory' charger TV sells I can sort out because disconnecting a charged battery (that must be green) flashes red before going out, if it's still charging it just goes out without changing level first (being red I assume).

Somewhere I also have a red LED I glued on a chopstick. Pass it in front of a red light and nothing happens, but a green light gets blocked.....somehow I lost track of it and my camera batteries need charging. I'm down to the one in service and one more spare. Time to make a new stick I think.

One last thought, DR yer goona love the Cera.....big time. Did you see what Bob L said above????

OF

OF,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
What is the issue people are currently having with it?
I think so far the most common problem is the copper strap inside the cera battery compartment, other than that the cera feels incredibly solid and is super solid in build!!!!!Iam not sure of the exact problem but it has to do with the strap not closing the loop, my heater worked but at times it was like battery wasnt engaged but it was !!!!

I believe it goes on the outside similar to existing MP not inside like a drip tip!!!!!But the inside does let you use the ufo inside MP or just regular screen/Ceramic screens!!! Hope the creators can chime in!!! but i do believe its a one piece that goes over cart and sits flush as apposed to the 2 piece mouth piece on the cera!!!
Good Day!!!!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
had my cera for a month now and this thing is a machine! I usually do a looseleaf bowl then swap it right out with the ee core and finish the job! I work nights in CO and we take breaks outside at like 4am when its around 30 degrees outside on avg and this thing still pumps! I noticed you have to hit it a bit slower in cold weather because the cool air cools the chamber down too much with a strong draw and wont produce vapor. But the slow draw still gets it done in the cold. AMAZING! :clap:

Darb

I love the performance of my Cera. EO cart is awesome and I just recently perfected my technique with the LL core.

While it outperforms the Dart with T1 power supply its a step down in durability.
The Cera is very delicate in my opinion.

I have dropped it twice. Both from approx three feet onto pavement. I have a crack at the bottom about an inch and a half long. Now I also have a piece broken off of the mouthpiece cover. My iPhone takes impact better than this.

While I don't expect it to be indestructible, the videos of Cera smashing things had me thinking the thing would be strong. All the talk about what a strong material this zirconia is also had me thinking it would be tough.

It's too bad there isn't a full stainless version for people who tend to drop things.

Unfortunately the Cera power supply isn't going to last me forever. Maybe I'll have to try and source an alternate power handle and or build a thread adapter.

hektik8625

Unfortunately the Cera power supply isn't going to last me forever. Maybe I'll have to try and source an alternate power handle and or build a thread adapter.
I wonder if they will eventually make a passthrough system for the CERA in the future. It would help for when your chillin at home, you dont waste your batteries... =) Speaking of batteries, luckily I grabbed some when i believe mr."OF" posted a amazon link for
4pcs Panasonic CGR18650CH 3.6 Volt Li-ion shipping free 18650 Battery 2250 mAh...

The link is in the post right below this...thanks HAYWOOD!

hektik8625,
Reactions: OF

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Not sure what link OF posted, but the original link I posted is still active.

Try this link. They still have 20 sets of four left, though it looks like the free "Prime" shipping is no longer being offered.

toros23

Not sure what link OF posted, but the original link I posted is still active.

Try this link. They still have 20 sets of four left, though it looks like the free "Prime" shipping is no longer being offered.

They were unavailable earlier.. Someone just threw those up within the last 20 mins....

edit - firstenergy was seller previously and they were $26. This new seller is offering them for $5 cheaper but I guess you gotta pay for shipping so it is a wash.

hektik8625

They were unavailable earlier.. Someone just threw those up within the last 20 mins....

edit - firstenergy was seller previously and they were $26. This new seller is offering them for $5 cheaper.
I Agree!!! I did look earlier I SWEAR =) they were unavailable .....weird......The aliens did it!

OF

I wonder if they will eventually make a passthrough system for the CERA in the future. It would help for when your chillin at home, you dont waste your batteries... =)

Oh, gee, I don't know.......

Maybe a different/better way to ask is 'will they make one before someone else does?'?

Kinda like a thread adapter, a pretty obvious notion, doncha think?

OF

OF,
Reactions: NoName

YeeeBuddy

I have dropped it twice. Both from approx three feet onto pavement. I have a crack at the bottom about an inch and a half long. Now I also have a piece broken off of the mouthpiece cover. My iPhone takes impact better than this.

While I don't expect it to be indestructible, the videos of Cera smashing things had me thinking the thing would be strong. All the talk about what a strong material this zirconia is also had me thinking it would be tough.

Yea i had a dream(more like a nightmare) where i dropped Cera onto concrete and she shattered into a million pieces. Noah was breaking cups and shit that moved around when being hit, so its definitely stronger than your average ceramic, but concrete is just so unforgiving I would be careful. It seems like while its very strong it might be somewhat brittle still. Maybe if they ever come out with an adapter you could run your EO core on a t1 body kind of like OF had rigged up?

Yup, that's exactly what I meant. I'm a compulsive peeker, I pull the cap off to look inside a lot. Each time running the risk of twisting it in or out.

:rofl: YES i thought i was the only one, I like checking out the load after every few hits, I dont know why. I've got in the habit of slightly rotating the cap clockwise when taking it on/off so I dont unscrew the core, dont even think about it anymore.

YeeeBuddy,

toros23

A quick tip for anyone about to receive a Cera EO. I highly recommend doing a dry pull before loading it up and if it tastes funny, clean the cart very well before loading. I had a foul taste before loading and loaded anyway (I know, I know...) but the taste didn't go away. Did an ISO wash and boiled earlier today and now the funny taste is gone and life is good. Not sure what happened there but I imagine it could happen again so be careful.

On another note, received my 2nd EO cart today and it had all four set screws. It is a completely different experience, I prefer the cart with the missing screw much more than my new cart with all four- especially using with glass. I guess only time will tell the negative implications of running with just three set screws on the EO cart. Just remember everyone, we are not supposed to remove screws on our own according to TET..

hektik8625

Oh, gee, I don't know.......

Maybe a different/better way to ask is 'will they make one before someone else does?'?

Kinda like a thread adapter, a pretty obvious notion, doncha think?

OF
for sure!, but I hope they dont wait too long like the DELTA9VAPES did. IMO a wall plug adapter should be STANDARD with all portable Vapes that use those expensive, un-long lasting "<made that one up" batteries.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I always clean my vape stuff when I get it, regardless of if I was told it would be cleaned beforehand. It's not that I don't trust people, I just have such silly health that I don't like taking chances. I cleaned my DART and AVA when I got them (ISO clean and water boil) and scrubbed my warranty Launch Box screen with a bit of ISO. Was it needed? Probably not. Do I feel better about using it afterwards? Sure do.

toros23

Good advice for sure.. I did a good wipe down but didn't touch the inside of the cart. I thought it was just the heating element at first but it must have been something else.

toros23,

OF

for sure!, but I hope they dont wait too long like the DELTA9VAPES did. IMO a wall plug adapter should be STANDARD with all portable Vapes that use those expensive, un-long lasting "<made that one up" batteries.

As a data point, I'd like to point out that TV put out a PA for the T1, Evolution and Revolution/DART (at least in SV version). We're still waiting on D9 even though they got a head start? IMO this points to a different business model.

I also note that Pipes made a very workable PA as well to fit T1, what do you suppose the chances of some Cera owner of doing the same?

Have a little faith.....then again, not much else you can do?

OF

Darb

Yea i had a dream(more like a nightmare) where i dropped Cera onto concrete and she shattered into a million pieces. Noah was breaking cups and shit that moved around when being hit, so its definitely stronger than your average ceramic, but concrete is just so unforgiving I would be careful. It seems like while its very strong it might be somewhat brittle still. Maybe if they ever come out with an adapter you could run your EO core on a t1 body kind of like OF had rigged up?

That would be nice. I have somebody I really wanted to buy a Cera EO for but they spend most of their time in an area with concrete or hardwood floors. Cera would be perfect for this guy. Much easier to medicate when old hands aren't working properly or when one is just in too much pain to medicate with other more hands on methods. I'm pretty sure he would have it shattered in a week with the dogs and hard floors.
Does anybody know if Thermovape still sells T1 bodies?

Darb,
Top Bottom