Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Oh HELL YEA!!:razz:
20240408-074124.jpg

coolbreeze

Thanks for the video! Although I have a smaller torch, I use the same technique: I heat from the center of the head starting towards the top until the top half of the head is glowing. Then I wait briefly until it stops glowing and off I go!
Pretty much the same. Firefox pointed at the middle until the flame turns orange and then up to the top until the top glows, cool a second and then have at it.

coolbreeze

B2bing here because I just received a must-have for the TA1, the ScruffyWoofers cooling stand. It doesn't rely on a magnet in this case and the entire heater fits into the brass cup which dissipates the heat to the fins and then to the stars beyond. Takes a little over a minute and then the TA1 is ready to handle. Pretty amazing. The one for the Anvil Thermocore is just about the right size, but make sure to let him know it's for the TA1 so he can adjust the fit (the TA3, background, fits the Thermocore version perfectly, though not as deeply):
IMG-7408.jpg

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
B2bing here because I just received a must-have for the TA1, the ScruffyWoofers cooling stand. It doesn't rely on a magnet in this case and the entire heater fits into the brass cup which dissipates the heat to the fins and then to the stars beyond. Takes a little over a minute and then the TA1 is ready to handle. Pretty amazing. The one for the Anvil Thermocore is just about the right size, but make sure to let him know it's for the TA1 so he can adjust the fit (the TA3, background, fits the Thermocore version perfectly, though not as deeply):
IMG-7408.jpg
Those are some nice toys. Hope you're enjoying the sh!t outta them 🙃

nicknobody

It is not a hybrid, pure convection really
Thank you. I figured but it’s just so different from my log and ball injector so I was questioning it. If you HAD to (😂) say a ratio… what would it be?

90/10? 80/20?

I think it's mostly convection with some hybrid effects, everything gets pretty hot and you are at it for a handful of hits. It's a full, powerful high, especially if you extract fully.
All that heat is what has me curious honestly. I’ve also always wanted a reason to buy nice 8mm stem :brow:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
figured but it’s just so different from my log and ball injector

It is sort of like the two of those combined, that is mostly what it is like, almost both big and little if that makes any sense, it is only a little bit like dyna type, there might be some radiant heat since it's all in a little metal tube close together, but that adds to the vapor signature, I wouldn't really call it a hybrid in the same sense of the word, but it does smack in its own special way unique from other vapes ultimately in my experience

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
It is not a hybrid, pure convection really
Nooooo its definitly a hybrid - why do you say pure convection?

Thank you. I figured but it’s just so different from my log and ball injector so I was questioning it. If you HAD to (😂) say a ratio… what would it be?

90/10? 80/20?
I disagree - I think the TA is a Hybrid - I wrote about it here - a small part is below

The TA3's bowl isn't isolated, the top of the Thermal Accumulators bowl is screwed directly into the bottom of the cap, so as the heat starts to build in the top of the cap - it starts to conduct down onto the bowl. However because of the sheer size of the thermal mass that makes up the TA, the first few draws through the device are delightfully full of flavour with a convection bias; however as the session continues, the conduction roast starts to kick in and the flavour becomes more toasty and the vapour more dense.

This is where the TA3 really stands out for me. The extraction with the TA3's oven is about as complete as in any oven and results in one heat extractions and AVB that often surprises me. The flower sandwiches (BHO/Rosin) almost always come out without any residual stickiness - the extraction capacity of the TA3 is probably far more than the bowl capacity is.

** Edit: I actually don't know if its different using the TA3 with the airflow settings to completely open - that might change the experience as I use it on a Revolve Gen 2 with it all closed up and restricted for MTL which probably extends the session on a single heat and might change the signature.

Last edited:

nicknobody

Nooooo its definitly a hybrid - why do you say pure convection?

I disagree - I think the TA is a Hybrid - I wrote about it here - a small part is below

** Edit: I actually don't know if its different using the TA3 with the airflow settings to completely open - that might change the experience as I use it on a Revolve Gen 2 with it all closed up and restricted for MTL which probably extends the session on a single heat and might change the signature.
You aren’t even trying to sell it to me but it’s all exactly what I want to hear 😂

Come on TA4….

kimura

I also feel like it is much more of a hybrid experience than a pure convection device such as the MiniVAP or ZX. (mV can also be a hybrid if you direct load, but that’s not how I use it)

Metal bowl gets too hot to touch, flavor changes noticeably, and the effects are subtly different.

To some degree it probably depends on how you use it but I wouldn’t call it pure convection

LordOfTheVapes

Is the Teaching Assistant 4 expected to be released by 4/20?

Interested in picking up a TA4 as well and I see it as coming soon on vgoodiez... Does anyone have any picture/video comparisons of the design change between TA3 & TA4?:

AdjustaFlo Smooth (TA3)
~70 off 3mm ball heat matrix
Bowl end loading with extra recess for screen location.
2 off 2.0mm intake slots.

AdjustaFlo Smooth Easiload (TA4)
~70 off 3mm ball heat matrix
Top load. Ledge and recess for screen location.
2 off 2.0mm intake slots.

LordOfTheVapes,
Reactions: nicknobody

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Interested in picking up a TA4 as well and I see it as coming soon on vgoodiez... Does anyone have any picture/video comparisons of the design change between TA3 & TA4?:
The top unscrews but I don't believe any pictures of the TA4 final version has been release yet, the pictures on Vgoodiez are of the last version - not the new version as I understand it.

lukepat

I am also interested in the difference between the TA3 and TA4, is it worth while to hold off for the 4th generation? Vgoodiez.com has the TA3 in-stock again..... oh VAS :D

I am also interested in the difference between the TA3 and TA4, is it worth while to hold off for the 4th generation? Vgoodiez.com has the TA3 in-stock again..... oh VAS :D
It's just the top of TA4 unscrews so you can easily change the balls. You can still change the balls on the TA3 but is a bit more fiddly as it requires removing and replacing a screen. They are identical otherwise. If you go on Phatpiggie's IG page there is a video where he shows all the different versions.

LordOfTheVapes

If you go on Phatpiggie's IG page there is a video where he shows all the different versions.

I think this may be it (thanks @SlickHenry !):

coolbreeze

If you don't plane to change or clean the balls often the 3's great. The 4 should be otherwise similar. Someone mentioned the possibility of other add-ons for the 4, though, like a visual temp gauge. That would be really nice for using it in daylight.

Top Bottom