Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I have been using the TA3 on the Revolve and have the airflow settings to almost closed and I find the restriction of the stem and TA3 makes for a great MTL device, I have opened it up completely and tried in on a glass piece really well to milk the whole bowl in a breath, but the way the MTL experience layers the effects, I would actually like to have tried the single hole original to see what the difference is for myself, but the TA3 is delivering complete extractions time and time again which is the main selling point for me, the conduction bias in the oven also really helps to deliver the effects I seek.

@VapingYogi I own the TA3 and want to buy the tempest, what are the differences between them?
ask away in the prototype comparison thread and happy to discuss,

I suppose that makes sense, since there are more balls in the heater matrix for TA3...?
TA3 & TA4 - 70x 3mm boro
TA1 & TA2 - 50x 3mm boro

(from memory)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Mine does what yours is doing and once when I thought I was unscrewing the bowl from the heat matrix I was actually unscrewing the airflow adjustment disc. Close call of all the balls scattering everywhere.

Wait, I thought you could easily remove the adjustment disc completely without the balls falling out, no? The 'critical' spot would be more the screen on the inside, wouldn't it?

I was afraid of the same thing at first, didn't want to damage the threads.
It kept coming loose while using the magsink, so after choosing a setting i just tightened it harder, slowly increasing power.
Worked perfectly and nothing was damaged, didn't come loose even one time afterwards.

Thank you for the input. I'll go ahead and be bold and give it a try as well.

It's very interesting to read about how differently you've all adjusted the airflow. I tried it yesterday with the airflow completely open, and it definitely has its own unique appeal. It's fascinating how the experience can vary so much just based on this small adjustment to the airflow.

AndyO

I'm becoming a bit of an enthusiast for TEDs, but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the ball versions.

Is there an easy 1-2 sentence explanation of how the Thermal Accumulator is different/better/worse than the Stunner?

AndyO,
Reactions: jespar45

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm becoming a bit of an enthusiast for TEDs, but I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the ball versions.

Is there an easy 1-2 sentence explanation of how the Thermal Accumulator is different/better/worse than the Stunner?
TA - OG Innovation in this space, adjustable bowl, adjustable airflow, works with existing ecosystem of 8mm stems and accessories without an extra purchase & at a better price point.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

This is a great question for an Ask FC thread. I suspect there are lots of owners of both here and you could get an in-depth comparison there.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Would it make sense to create a roundup post/poll for portable ball vapes like Dani, Stunner, Tempest, TA etc like was done with desktop ball vapes?
I think there are a couple of threads like that, but maybe it just needs a catchy title. I don't know what to call these vapcap-with-pearls, but in my experience they aren't anything like a ball vape.

I'm actually really enjoying my TA. It's surprisingly flexible and pretty fun to experiment with. I was afraid it was going to require MTL hits but it accommodates my natural DTL slow draws just fine. Well worth the very reasonable price. And now I finally have a use for all these DV stems.

BreadStick

I think there are a couple of threads like that, but maybe it just needs a catchy title. I don't know what to call these vapcap-with-pearls, but in my experience they aren't anything like a ball vape.
I think "portable ball vape" is the best name and the one I think has stuck the most for these kinda vapes. Sure they don't perform anything like an enail ball vape but it still describes this group of vapes well.

Maybe you could go a step further and group vapes as "joint like" which would be vapes you hold and can puff on like a joint so Dyna, anvil, tempest etc. and then you could have a subsection called something like "joint like ball vapes".

BreadStick,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I think "portable ball vape" is the best name and the one I think has stuck the most for these kinda vapes. Sure they don't perform anything like an enail ball vape but it still describes this group of vapes well.

Maybe you could go a step further and group vapes as "joint like" which would be vapes you hold and can puff on like a joint so Dyna, anvil, tempest etc. and then you could have a subsection called something like "joint like ball vapes".
I also don't think they are anything like a joint, especially considering the European vs. US use of that term and spliff. Adding tobacco makes a pretty different burning experience, aside from the different high.

Although I worry we're drifting into off-topic territory. Call them whatever you like of course, but I feel like the ball vape name in our community establishes a certain performance expectation. In my experience, these vapes are great but I feel it is misleading to call them a portable version of an enail-driven ball vape.

Zombietaz

So after USPS finally pulled their thumb out and delivered my TA3 I can post my thoughts! Shout-out to vgoodiez for indulging my impatience and worry, but thankful they added that insurance option - almost had to use it!

I've had my TA3 just under a week so far and it's one of my favorite vapes. I have been using it on a dynavap Bonger through a chill steel pipe filled with ice. To heat, I am using the Blazer Big Shot with the flame turned down a little, and the tip of the TA3 just above the innermost blue portion of the flame. I have been using a timer and heating for about 36 seconds but I may lower that time as I experiment further.

Multiple big rips from this thing, flavor is pretty great too from the first few hits!

I just ordered a stem from Dovetail, curious to see how that will change things.

Only downside really is that since it takes a solid 5 mins or so to cool down, it's not ideal for back to back uses (I usually share the hits with my wife, I am not suggesting I have a high tolerance 😂) as you need to adjust your heating time to accomodate the retained heat, but that's honestly just me being lazy and not trying to spend time figuring it out.

Great vape, and I love having a portable ball vape that doesn't need me to have a power supply and all that stuff to lug around if I want to bring it over to a friend's place. Excellent work by Mr Piggie!

kimura

several sessions in with the wand, I don't think I'll be torching much anymore. I was under the impression that the wand was maybe somewhat underpowered for this application? mine certainly isn't. I started at 800*F and it charred the load somewhat fierce (intake holes wide open). I've worked my way down to the 425-500*F range. I just let it heat until it stops blinking and go to town. have to lower the temps for second or third heat cycle or I'll get charring. anyway it's working great, I just need to keep dialing it in.

also no issues whatsoever with the fit of the TA3 in the wand.. I just lay it flat on my table with the display/buttons side up and drop the TA3 in. it doesn't pass all the way through to touch the table below. the glass ring on the top side of the wand heater opening is just a tad too small for the TA3 to pass through, so it's perfect. no adapter needed.

I must have misunderstood some of these posts, maybe I'm getting old. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well these seem to work together. happy with my purchase. just using vgoodiez vaphit glass dv adapter with a vgoodiez vapor sherlock, chillin

Sativapo

several sessions in with the wand, I don't think I'll be torching much anymore. I was under the impression that the wand was maybe somewhat underpowered for this application? mine certainly isn't. I started at 800*F and it charred the load somewhat fierce (intake holes wide open). I've worked my way down to the 425-500*F range. I just let it heat until it stops blinking and go to town. have to lower the temps for second or third heat cycle or I'll get charring. anyway it's working great, I just need to keep dialing it in.

also no issues whatsoever with the fit of the TA3 in the wand.. I just lay it flat on my table with the display/buttons side up and drop the TA3 in. it doesn't pass all the way through to touch the table below. the glass ring on the top side of the wand heater opening is just a tad too small for the TA3 to pass through, so it's perfect. no adapter needed.

I must have misunderstood some of these posts, maybe I'm getting old. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well these seem to work together. happy with my purchase. just using vgoodiez vaphit glass dv adapter with a vgoodiez vapor sherlock, chillin
I'm very satisfied with my wand and TA3 too but there are differences between batches. Some versions seem a bit weaker I think. Mine is powerfull too but the opening of the ring is bigger and I can't use it like this it would slightly touch the table. I've already noticed this comparing experiences on the fusion thread.
I put it the other way on my pipe and let it it rest on inside the inside if the ring. I also believe the balls will stay cleaner beeing on top of the load and not the opposite. Downside I have to hold it but in a loose effortless way thanks to the ring and timer.

kimura

I hear you on the only the dirty/oily balls tip. That is a hazard of inverted heating. I’ll try to mitigate by tamping, hopefully won’t have to clean me balls for a while

Duba

Accessory Maker
I've been using the TA3 for several weeks now and really like it. The Simrell and stinger stems handle heat quite well. For the price, the quality and performance are there, without fuss. Adjustable airflow is pleasant. The decapper fits also the TA, simple and easy to use.
IMG-20240407-110713.jpg

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I've been using the TA3 for several weeks now and really like it. The Simrell and stinger stems handle heat quite well. For the price, the quality and performance are there, without fuss. Adjustable airflow is pleasant. The decapper fits also the TA, simple and easy to use.
IMG-20240407-110713.jpg
I have a flat stinger - I don't know the differences in design - but the flat stinger gets so so hot its not possible to use it without something in-between for insulation (I used the silicone dinovap mouthpiece) when using the TA (imo)

VapingYogi,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
i don't have this issue
I have heard the same feedback about the original stinger mouthpiece - that is it doesn't heat up to much - I'm curious if anyone else has noticed it on the flat stinger - I don't have a original to compare.

Anyway - it doesn't matter its all personal preference, I like my Revolve for my TA3

Top Bottom