The Weather Thread

Bouldorado

It's 10:40 am here in Boulder, CO and already 93 out. Probably gonna get up to 100 again :(

What's your day looking like?

Bouldorado,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Been raining non-stop since early Saturday morning. No end in sight either. :(

Vicki,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Hot and humid... almost 100% humidity, like always. I watch the weather like a hawk, to plan my rides around it. Today should be a fine day, no rain in sight.

Peloton,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
haha I installed a weather station last week. 17.50 and it says right now;

-Outlook: Sunshine and clouds
-Temp: 15.9°C (60°F)
-Humidity: 64%rh
-Wind: 5.4mph westerly.
-Pressure: 1006.1 hpa rising slowly.
-Rainfall: 0mm / 24 hr

It's perfect for vaping in the garden (i don't like it much warmer than 20 C), except I'm getting eaten alive by midges.

We've not had such a bad summer so far here in Scotland- unusually it's been much better than the rest of the UK which has been pretty wet.

WatTyler,

SD_haze

San Diego by the coast, doesn't get more temperate weather than that ~__~

I'd say its typically under 80F (27C) in the summer and above 45F(7C) in the winter.
Probably hit 77 today + fairly dry

The downside? Awesome weather ==> everyone wants to live here ==> housing is terrible

SD_haze,

MedicatedVet1911

Lord of The Seven Kingdoms.
Its 73F where im at , with a light wind but a beaming sun. I wish we had more cloud cover and with would be a much nicer day.

MedicatedVet1911,

quentin123

Yeah Wat, I drove up from York last week through almost 150miles of torrential rain, but as a Scot I kind of have to laugh when England gets flooded and Scotland doesn't (although I've nothing against the English just how we are raised here). All things considering its been quite nice, I hope July keeps up with this lack of rain, I always remember having very wet Summer's the last few years.

quentin123,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
All things considering its been quite nice, I hope July keeps up with this lack of rain, I always remember having very wet Summer's the last few years.

A little bit more rain might be good (preferably at night! ;)) - it's hard times on Mull where they've had to stop distilling whiskey due to a lack of water (who'd ever believe that could be the case on Mull?) : http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsma...lts-tobermory-distillery-production-1-2362095

My water supply has a spring source and shouldn't dry up, but my neighbours supply is from a small loch above their house- and that is really low. Before the weekend they were rationing their showers and clothes washing, but there was a bit of rain over the weekend so they should be better off now.

And fuck me the midges are bad this year- I reckon the lack of rain has had some bearing on it.

WatTyler,

Bouldorado

Yeah Wat, I drove up from York last week through almost 150miles of torrential rain, but as a Scot I kind of have to laugh when England gets flooded and Scotland doesn't (although I've nothing against the English just how we are raised here). All things considering its been quite nice, I hope July keeps up with this lack of rain, I always remember having very wet Summer's the last few years.

holy shit! in colorado we would never, ever say this. In fact, just an hour north of me, there's about a 70,000 acre wildfire burning. It started from a lightning strike like 2 weeks ago due to the drought conditions. we've had record low snowpack this winter and practically zero rain; avg humidity is less than 20%.

Bouldorado,

quentin123

Usually we have it pissing down every day for hours on end and my cellar is prone to flooding which is quite inconvenient. Also I'm hoping to get myself up a good few hills this Summer which is much more pleasant when its not raining.

I feel for you Wat, though I am actually quite surprised to hear that, I've never heard of water shortages in Scotland. I kinda' doubt that the dryness will linger with British weather and all. Still I wish you guys good luck on that wee rock of yours.

I've actually never really been bothered by midges, they tend to leave me alone. Then again, I've never been that far West. I also find that getting your friends to spark up a fatboy spliff will drive insects away.

quentin123,
Top Bottom