The Walt Disney Company Acquires LucasFilm, Star Wars: Episode VII Set for 2015

SmokingElectricity

Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas.
Under the terms of the agreement and based on the closing price of Disney stock on October 26, 2012, the transaction value is $4.05 billion, with Disney paying approximately half of the consideration in cash and issuing approximately 40 million shares at closing. The final consideration will be subject to customary post-closing balance sheet adjustments

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10...-set-for-2015?abthid=509035fabe10adde15000060

More childhood memories being raped for dollar signs...
Darth_vader_no.gif

Modnote: Text formatting removed. You can do this by selecting the text and clicking the eraser icon in the top left of the post formatting toolbar.

SmokingElectricity,
Reactions: Vicki

bigtvapes

What if it's cool?

Just... just hear me out...

Lucas is NOT directing from what I understand. Well the best one is the one he didn't direct (empire) and I think the prequels would have benefited from a different director. Those are three fine films if they are just less boring bullshit and more awesome fun. A good director would have fixed some of the cheese and realized these are bad ass stories. I urge any star wars fan to read the novelizations of the prequel films. One is good. Two is great. Revenge of the Sith is AMAZING. I'm telling you, those are great stories if they were steered in the right direction. A good director would have cut all that dumb bullshit out and delivered a fun star wars movie.

So I think a future star wars trilogy with a new director(s?) could be great news if it's FUN.

So I wonder if they'll go way after episode 6 with all new characters. Or do they tell a definitive Luke Skywalker story? I think that makes the most sense. But then do they just shoot a bunch of crap already done in the books? Or do they shit all over well established cannon?

bigtvapes,

SmokingElectricity

Hopefully they base it on the Thrawn Trilogy, based 5 years after the events of Return of the Jedi.

Great books. Luke fights his evil clone at the end.

Thrawn+Trilogy.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

bigtvapes

The earlier continuation stories are a little hit and miss with me. They were dark and moody like empire but never captured the fun and imagination of the classic trilogy. They were more dark drama than an enjoyable adventure. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad. I read the Thrawn trilogy in like two weeks lol, I did enjoy them. I just hope for movies they try to recapture the fun adventure among friends more so than the dark dramatic bullshit that bogged down the prequel trilogy.

Still, stories based on those books have the potential to be a blast, they just have to be tweaked a little here and there.

bigtvapes,
I'm exaggerating, but they aren't my favorite company. Like any good capitalist venture, modern Disney seems completely artless and soulless. They'll reduce an already diluted Star Wars franchise to complete rot.

charliedontsurf,

bigtvapes

I just don't see the disney hate. They make movies to make money, no doubt. But I think they TRY to make good films. Pixar made good films under them. The Muppets remake certainly wasn't heartless and souless. When the right people make the right movies for them, good things happen.

bigtvapes,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
The disney hate is really simple. They buy already successful products and or licenses, and ruin them or cheaply exploit them to make more $$$$$. They own Marvel Comics and fucking Lucas Films. That's disgusting and really shouldn't be allowed to happen. What's next 20th Century Fox?

How I miss the Sherman Anti-Trust act.

Plus, it's fucking disney.. I mean even disney land and world sucks, unless you like walking around and buying crap.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Not to mention they make it impossible for a regular family to go to Disneyworld by making it cost so much only rich people can afford it. They are greedy fucks, and I hate them! Always have.

Top Bottom