Discontinued The Venus Apollo

AtomicPB

Cherry Apollo preordered 2 days ago but no one reply to my request about estimated ship...:huh:

Ville told me the custom colors take longer, because he has to stain them by hand. Some guys here ordered about two weeks later than me and already have their Apollo in their hands for a while, because I chose the dark oak with the double stain that Ville posted here some time ago.

If you are unpatient you might get your Apollo faster if you change your order to the standard color. I was already thinking about that myself, but hope that Ville has a nice dark Apollo ready for me soon. I just love the dark color and dont want to spoil the first glance at my new Apollo, because I was unpatient. :)

Choosing the color was really tough for me though. They all look so great. Had to pester Ville twice for a color change. :D

virtualpurple

Guys I'm back in with a status update and some hands on reporting!

In disappointing news: I need to remember to set up a camera or figure out a mount for my phone or something because I just cannot come up with a good shot when I'm on the fly.

In positive news: This Apollo is crushing me! I am using way more material than I usually average and I may be raising my tolerance, but its only because I am constantly experimenting with this beautiful piece of art and trying to figure out how to maximize it to my liking. And this thing medicates so quickly that I find myself floored before I know it!

I noticed early on that my tubes started to get buildup of reclaim fairly quickly. I figured I would try using some degummed hemp fiber and try to capture that reclaim. I ran it above the herb chamber for a few sessions and above the Underdog 14mm Gong mod for a few sessions, but sometimes when I switched configurations I would forget to stick in the fiber so the tube started to get buildup again. I worked it back into the rotation for a few more sessions and then decided to use it with a poker and kind of mop up the warm reclaim inside the tube last night. I ended up with a dime sized compressed piece of sticky hemp fiber.
I got to punch out early today and decided to destress by testing out that reclaim in the Apollo. Gentleman, I finally see the light.

I decided to put the reclaim ball into the gong, then pair the gong to the herb chamber bottom and the long tube with my silicone reducer from @Ratchett. I feel like I can milk my bubbler easier with the gong configuration with flower so I felt it deserved a shot for reclaim!

I initially thought that I'd be best off to crank the heat up and hit the boost. However, I am really anxious about the idea of having the hemp fiber exposed to such high heat (I had some combust and char on me when paired with an adapter in my EVO, so I am super paranoid now) so I decided to try it first at the same temp I use to vape flower, setting 4!

CLOUDS, CLOUDS, CLOUDS!

I was unsure what to expect because I'd always had mixed results with reclaim (probly because I just don't care for the taste or effects of reclaim from 99% iso evaporated), but I was determined to give it a shot. First hit was with a 5 second boost pre-heat milked my D020 so quick and brought such a quick reflex to cough after clearing the bubbler that I couldn't hold my vapor in and busted into a coughing fit, convinced that I must have combusted. But no...definitely no combustion flavor....so lets carry forward. Second hit gave me the same outcome, and then a third time...this is the point at which I was scrambling to try and take video and kept fucking it up by not hitting the record button!

I am not shitting you guys a bit when I say I must have milked my bubbler a solid 8-10 times before the vapor noticeably thinned out. Even then I got probably another five solid hits before the vapor began to rapidly thin. During this time I never went beyond heat setting 4 and using the boost to give a slight pre-heat to.

I was really unprepared for such a treat and quite medicated when it ended. I let the chamber cool down and took out the hemp fiber, and it is completely dry and easy to pull apart, I am confident that I extracted every bit of actives that the reclaim had left to offer.

Got some hemp fiber? Start putting it to use immediately! I would generally save reclaim soaked fiber for when the well ran dry and I had no flower. This is like a tasty parting gift from my flowers that I will treasure.

I've not yet tried to hit my reclaim with a vapexnail in my EVO, and even though I intend to do so I am not sure it will be able to match the experience I had with my Apollo! I have vaped reclaim in my Ascent, my Flowermates, my Haze, my Herbalizer, and none of them are a match for the Apollo here guys.

I can't help but feel stupid for having PBW soaked the tube earlier in the weak, I probably could have doubled my profits, so to speak.

This vape is incredible guys, and we're still in the infant stages with this bad boy. Its so versatile on its own, but it also has got quite a bit of modding potential to tailor different wants or needs. I have got 4 different vaporizers pre-ordered currently, 3 are delayed for various reasons (I had even gotten the pre-shipping notice for one before it got held up) with the 4th yet to fully beta, and I'm walking on sunshine over here.

I just loaded 8 old semi-clogged herbalizer screens into the chamber and ran a session. Had to crank the heat up to 10 and didn't milk out nearly as nice as the ball of reclaim, but rewarding nonetheless and it took many hits before the vapor production tapered off. I had to hit it rapidly at that high of a heat because I could see vapor escaping from the bottom vent. I think someone crafty enough could mod this bad boy to blow bags.

Anyone on the fence, come join me. To those currently waiting, it will be well worth the wait.

It'll never be my outdoor vape, but with the right case (and a shatter-proof mouthpiece) this thing could easily be one I take on trips for a desktop experience while away from home.

I think I said early on, but this thing feels very luxurious to use. Its like sipping on a fine liquor or having a nice cigar or something. Makes me feel like an aficionado or something.

I am going to try and figure out the ideal spot and method to film so I can try and record on my next set of days off guys, I think you will all be impressed.

@Mixio you and I share some of the same tools in your arsenal. I think you will really appreciate this one.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Guys I'm back in with a status update and some hands on reporting!

In disappointing news: I need to remember to set up a camera or figure out a mount for my phone or something because I just cannot come up with a good shot when I'm on the fly.

In positive news: This Apollo is crushing me! I am using way more material than I usually average and I may be raising my tolerance, but its only because I am constantly experimenting with this beautiful piece of art and trying to figure out how to maximize it to my liking. And this thing medicates so quickly that I find myself floored before I know it!

I noticed early on that my tubes started to get buildup of reclaim fairly quickly. I figured I would try using some degummed hemp fiber and try to capture that reclaim. I ran it above the herb chamber for a few sessions and above the Underdog 14mm Gong mod for a few sessions, but sometimes when I switched configurations I would forget to stick in the fiber so the tube started to get buildup again. I worked it back into the rotation for a few more sessions and then decided to use it with a poker and kind of mop up the warm reclaim inside the tube last night. I ended up with a dime sized compressed piece of sticky hemp fiber.
I got to punch out early today and decided to destress by testing out that reclaim in the Apollo. Gentleman, I finally see the light.

I decided to put the reclaim ball into the gong, then pair the gong to the herb chamber bottom and the long tube with my silicone reducer from @Ratchett. I feel like I can milk my bubbler easier with the gong configuration with flower so I felt it deserved a shot for reclaim!

I initially thought that I'd be best off to crank the heat up and hit the boost. However, I am really anxious about the idea of having the hemp fiber exposed to such high heat (I had some combust and char on me when paired with an adapter in my EVO, so I am super paranoid now) so I decided to try it first at the same temp I use to vape flower, setting 4!

CLOUDS, CLOUDS, CLOUDS!

I was unsure what to expect because I'd always had mixed results with reclaim (probly because I just don't care for the taste or effects of reclaim from 99% iso evaporated), but I was determined to give it a shot. First hit was with a 5 second boost pre-heat milked my D020 so quick and brought such a quick reflex to cough after clearing the bubbler that I couldn't hold my vapor in and busted into a coughing fit, convinced that I must have combusted. But no...definitely no combustion flavor....so lets carry forward. Second hit gave me the same outcome, and then a third time...this is the point at which I was scrambling to try and take video and kept fucking it up by not hitting the record button!

I am not shitting you guys a bit when I say I must have milked my bubbler a solid 8-10 times before the vapor noticeably thinned out. Even then I got probably another five solid hits before the vapor began to rapidly thin. During this time I never went beyond heat setting 4 and using the boost to give a slight pre-heat to.

I was really unprepared for such a treat and quite medicated when it ended. I let the chamber cool down and took out the hemp fiber, and it is completely dry and easy to pull apart, I am confident that I extracted every bit of actives that the reclaim had left to offer.

Got some hemp fiber? Start putting it to use immediately! I would generally save reclaim soaked fiber for when the well ran dry and I had no flower. This is like a tasty parting gift from my flowers that I will treasure.

I've not yet tried to hit my reclaim with a vapexnail in my EVO, and even though I intend to do so I am not sure it will be able to match the experience I had with my Apollo! I have vaped reclaim in my Ascent, my Flowermates, my Haze, my Herbalizer, and none of them are a match for the Apollo here guys.

I can't help but feel stupid for having PBW soaked the tube earlier in the weak, I probably could have doubled my profits, so to speak.

This vape is incredible guys, and we're still in the infant stages with this bad boy. Its so versatile on its own, but it also has got quite a bit of modding potential to tailor different wants or needs. I have got 4 different vaporizers pre-ordered currently, 3 are delayed for various reasons (I had even gotten the pre-shipping notice for one before it got held up) with the 4th yet to fully beta, and I'm walking on sunshine over here.

I just loaded 8 old semi-clogged herbalizer screens into the chamber and ran a session. Had to crank the heat up to 10 and didn't milk out nearly as nice as the ball of reclaim, but rewarding nonetheless and it took many hits before the vapor production tapered off. I had to hit it rapidly at that high of a heat because I could see vapor escaping from the bottom vent. I think someone crafty enough could mod this bad boy to blow bags.

Anyone on the fence, come join me. To those currently waiting, it will be well worth the wait.

It'll never be my outdoor vape, but with the right case (and a shatter-proof mouthpiece) this thing could easily be one I take on trips for a desktop experience while away from home.

I think I said early on, but this thing feels very luxurious to use. Its like sipping on a fine liquor or having a nice cigar or something. Makes me feel like an aficionado or something.

I am going to try and figure out the ideal spot and method to film so I can try and record on my next set of days off guys, I think you will all be impressed.

@Mixio you and I share some of the same tools in your arsenal. I think you will really appreciate this one.
Great report, fellow Apollonaut! :D
Will love to see some motion pics, the mod sounds very nice. :)

Keep it up - really great words. :tup::clap:
Happy to read this one . Guys come in... The water is nice and vapey :nod:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
:leaf: Zion, Milaana and TOD (RBT) SS and Ti Grasshopper and the Venus Apollo :leaf:

Niiiice one!!! You ve got half my wish list and pre-ordered there mate... Apollo is my next stop if $$ available and I've pre-ordered a purple Ti and two more SS GH's...(fingers crossed I'll be getting them some time soon..:peace:)
Until then (Apollo fund available), I'm thinking on getting a Focus Vape, which is reasonably cheap and performance wise looks pretty strong! Oh well.. we'll see... #/stoner's thinking loud mode off

voodoo_vape,

Milkytime

So i started measuring my loads about 75% full i do .1- .2 so they are smaller than i thought they were. I get huge clouds if i want, im used to pulling slowly to let the vapor form but i started just ripping on this thing hard though water tools and it fogs up the more you pull. The temperature settings are brilliant they get the load up to temp just enough to start forming vapor but it really dosent waste that much on power level 6 and once you start pulling it starts getting vapor then after a few secs it just ramps up and keeps up with you. If you take back to back rips its easier to get vapor faster kinda like fw3 once up to temp. Much easier to learn or show someone this vape than most convection units.

@virtualpurple I too am loving this vape from coolness factor alone, but i get so medicated i just have to tap out. It is very efficient and compareable to desktop units more efficient than i first thought. I have also had the idea to do bags with this thing, i bet you could fill up huge turkey bags with an air pump with ease.

I really want to use the apollo out of an incycler as the airflow is so open and the longer you pull the more you get, you could just chug on it forever.

Flavor is just so great every time, never had a vape hold its flavor this long not even the underdog.

-its not an out n about vape, maybe you might take it too a freinds but mine stays home. Plus my freinds haven't been convinced to kick the combustion yet and dont have water tools that arnt gunked up with ashtray resin. And this one shines though water for me as it's a bit harsh dry and i cant keep chugging on it long enough to really showcase its power. Some of my freinds just couldn't get a hit off the apollo dry, and they dont vape and they too stubborn to be taught the technique.
-be nice to have some sort of battery indication rather thsn guessing, battery door could be a little easier to grab.
-im trying to think up a way to get the herb chamber out while hot, maybe a small peice of wood with a shalow hole the size of the herb chamber that you could insert and turn the apollo upside down and it would fall into it. Not sure if im explaining this well.

GTAVaper

I had a very successful experimental evening with my Apollo last night. I made a pilgrimage to PlanetVape to pick up silicone tubing and converted a Solo straight stem with some silicone tubing and a Solo heater core gasket into an awesome insert to go into the larger Apollo tube.

When I went to PV, the owner, who I had spoken to many times on the phone but have never met in person, wasn't there - but the glassblower who invented the f-bomb was there as well as a younger dude who was working the pickup counter. I brought the Apollo out to show them and they seemed to be impressed by the function.....at least without having an opportunity to try it out.

I had also purchased some 1/4" OD 1/8" ID tubing to try to spiral around the inside of the stock long Apollo tube but it was still too thick and would kink up. But you could run the same tubing lengthwise up and down and then back up again to achieve a 15" vapour path within the same footprint.

However, the glassblower said that he could easily make a custom piece of glass tubing with an internal coil to lengthen the vapour path for cooling and perform the same function that I had tried to demonstrate with the silicone tubing spiral. I think that you might get maybe 3'-4' of internal spiral length with an equivalent ~1/4 OD glass spiral going the full length of the longer Apollo tube.

The converted Solo stem also produces clouds galore and stays further away from combustion due to the silicone insulator keeping glass away from the steel chamber sides. Best Apollo usage so far!

Also the 3/4" OD 1/2" ID tubing when cut down the center lengthwise fits perfectly around the edge of the Apollo and can cover up the whole edge of the unit and the natural tension of the tube wanting to keep its circular shape grips onto the edge very well.

I also cut out a small piece that wedges into the breech area very nicely. When used together, along with the silicone insert blocking the back plate vent the draw restriction is such that you can pull with decent suction through a water tool but still have a slower draw rate. I think the silicone shielding also keeps the vaporizer a little hotter (vape body) and maintains the heat soak better throughout its use.

The visible vapour flow from the Solo stem is incredible. I can't wait for my MV flexicones to arrive......I think that they should give similar performance but also add the convenience of pre-loaded chambers that can't spill and are easier to remove because of this. The vapour taste is very easy to monitor (even through water) to achieve extreme extraction but still stay away from combusting fully since you can taste the onset charring and beginning of a too highly dense vapour/smoke combination. I stopped at this point and removed the Apollo but then drew the remaining dense cloud from the glass chamber and found it hard to believe that vapour that dense didn't taste like smoke.....although it did taste very "roasted" is the best way to put it.

When looking at the ABV afterwards, I could see charred pieces and could rub minimal soot to darken a white sheet of paper.....but this wasn't true ash since it was easy to brush of the white printer paper and return it to almost fully white again.

Also, a small 15mm high piece of the silicone tubing with a portion of its circumference cut out will slip around the herb chamber and lock into place around it. This allows you to remove it using your fingers....some care still necessary - but still works very well and grips it without any fear of it falling off.

I will see about opening up an Imgur account sometime this week and try to get some pics up.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I had a very successful experimental evening with my Apollo last night. I made a pilgrimage to PlanetVape to pick up silicone tubing and converted a Solo straight stem with some silicone tubing and a Solo heater core gasket into an awesome insert to go into the larger Apollo tube.

When I went to PV, the owner, who I had spoken to many times on the phone but have never met in person, wasn't there - but the glassblower who invented the f-bomb was there as well as a younger dude who was working the pickup counter. I brought the Apollo out to show them and they seemed to be impressed by the function.....at least without having an opportunity to try it out.

I had also purchased some 1/4" OD 1/8" ID tubing to try to spiral around the inside of the stock long Apollo tube but it was still too thick and would kink up. But you could run the same tubing lengthwise up and down and then back up again to achieve a 15" vapour path within the same footprint.

However, the glassblower said that he could easily make a custom piece of glass tubing with an internal coil to lengthen the vapour path for cooling and perform the same function that I had tried to demonstrate with the silicone tubing spiral. I think that you might get maybe 3'-4' of internal spiral length with an equivalent ~1/4 OD glass spiral going the full length of the longer Apollo tube.

The converted Solo stem also produces clouds galore and stays further away from combustion due to the silicone insulator keeping glass away from the steel chamber sides. Best Apollo usage so far!

Also the 3/4" OD 1/2" ID tubing when cut down the center lengthwise fits perfectly around the edge of the Apollo and can cover up the whole edge of the unit and the natural tension of the tube wanting to keep its circular shape grips onto the edge very well.

I also cut out a small piece that wedges into the breech area very nicely. When used together, along with the silicone insert blocking the back plate vent the draw restriction is such that you can pull with decent suction through a water tool but still have a slower draw rate. I think the silicone shielding also keeps the vaporizer a little hotter (vape body) and maintains the heat soak better throughout its use.

The visible vapour flow from the Solo stem is incredible. I can't wait for my MV flexicones to arrive......I think that they should give similar performance but also add the convenience of pre-loaded chambers that can't spill and are easier to remove because of this. The vapour taste is very easy to monitor (even through water) to achieve extreme extraction but still stay away from combusting fully since you can taste the onset charring and beginning of a too highly dense vapour/smoke combination. I stopped at this point and removed the Apollo but then drew the remaining dense cloud from the glass chamber and found it hard to believe that vapour that dense didn't taste like smoke.....although it did taste very "roasted" is the best way to put it.

When looking at the ABV afterwards, I could see charred pieces and could rub minimal soot to darken a white sheet of paper.....but this wasn't true ash since it was easy to brush of the white printer paper and return it to almost fully white again.

Also, a small 15mm high piece of the silicone tubing with a portion of its circumference cut out will slip around the herb chamber and lock into place around it. This allows you to remove it using your fingers....some care still necessary - but still works very well and grips it without any fear of it falling off.

I will see about opening up an Imgur account sometime this week and try to get some pics up.

Thanks bud! :)
You're a true Apollonaut pioneer. Like your vision and creativity a lot. I still have to continue my vape break but it eases everything to read your reports and plans. :)
If you can and would not mind, please share some setup vids... Am too really curious about the flexicones.
As you're playing with silicone: please be sure to be careful.. Even if it's high temp silicones, I've never heard of material that keeps up with more than 250C - and you can push the Apollo pretty far.
Had a measurement with a probe, upside down (like sitting inverted on a bubbler), empty chamber and slightly blowing thru the bottom intake, I could bring it to more than 200C easily (after preheating, then at level 5) So please always be careful!

Peace :peace:

virtualpurple

@virtualpurple I too am loving this vape from coolness factor alone, but i get so medicated i just have to tap out. It is very efficient and compareable to desktop units more efficient than i first thought. I have also had the idea to do bags with this thing, i bet you could fill up huge turkey bags with an air pump with ease.

I really want to use the apollo out of an incycler as the airflow is so open and the longer you pull the more you get, you could just chug on it forever.

Flavor is just so great every time, never had a vape hold its flavor this long not even the underdog.

-its not an out n about vape, maybe you might take it too a freinds but mine stays home. Plus my freinds haven't been convinced to kick the combustion yet and dont have water tools that arnt gunked up with ashtray resin. And this one shines though water for me as it's a bit harsh dry and i cant keep chugging on it long enough to really showcase its power. Some of my freinds just couldn't get a hit off the apollo dry, and they dont vape and they too stubborn to be taught the technique.
-be nice to have some sort of battery indication rather thsn guessing, battery door could be a little easier to grab.
-im trying to think up a way to get the herb chamber out while hot, maybe a small peice of wood with a shalow hole the size of the herb chamber that you could insert and turn the apollo upside down and it would fall into it. Not sure if im explaining this well.

Hell yeah!

I am with you all the way here! This vaporizer really is a portable desktop. On occasion I do wish that there was an option to run the Apollo to an outlet for extended sessions to keep the party going all night!

I too feel that the Apollo shines with a water tool

I've got a few friends to introduce this bad boy to. But as you said, its not for out and about use.

I've not yet had anyone over to try out the Apollo yet, but I'm pretty confident that people will love it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hell yeah!

I am with you all the way here! This vaporizer really is a portable desktop. On occasion I do wish that there was an option to run the Apollo to an outlet for extended sessions to keep the party going all night!

I too feel that the Apollo shines with a water tool

I've got a few friends to introduce this bad boy to. But as you said, its not for out and about use.

I've not yet had anyone over to try out the Apollo yet, but I'm pretty confident that people will love it.

That's what Helios will be for ;)

I am very glad this has all turned out exactly as expected, my Apollo name was very fitting as this vape enlightens others what a portable is capable of. Great work @villekille2, I'll join the party some day not too far away I hope...

Milkytime

20160412_102312_zpszh2juxfd.jpg

GTAVaper

That SonG would certainly form a better seal than a non-ground glass joint such as is formed when placing the Apollo tube over an 18mm male end. I find this is also pretty much air tight if you are willing to deface the end of your Apollo tube with a ring of glass joint wax.

But I was wondering if the Apollo balances securely on top of the silicone SonG hands free?

I have recently tried the Minivap flexicones and these do produce quicker results than the stock herb chambers but I find that they nowhere compare to the modded Solo stem performance. I will try to get some pics up by the end of the weekend.

The Solo stems absolutely whitewall a large glass piece with what looks like a dense white smoke, but when you inhale, you find a very dense and flavorful tasting vapor entering your lungs.

The other problem I found was that the Apollo really runs too hot for flexi-cone usage. The silicone is in the vapor path and also not far from the heater and will see far higher temperatures than what they were designed for with Minivap. I could taste something that I could only assume was a silicone tinge.....as even with past whip use, I've never really been sensitive to silicone or smelled or tasted in the vapor.

The Solo stem mod also uses silicone tubing - but in that case it wraps around the chamber as a spacer that also acts as an insulator to the glass chamber and helps to delay combustion if vaping at higher temperature since it reduces the amount of direct metal to metal conductive heating.

Even when not being drawn from, the radiated heat from the bulb will continue building heat in the body of the vape the longer that it is kept on. Using it for 30 minutes and longer in a continuous session will result in an extremely hot vaporizer.

The silicone edge guard that I suggested in an earlier post will help you hold it without worrying about burning yourself on the chamber. But this also seems to help the vape retain heat as well since the heat doesn't radiate away as easily through the silicone barrier.

I think that the bottom panel could be improved from a thermodynamic design perspective by increasing the surface area from which heat could radiate from and assist in cooling. Also maybe the sealed bottom airway, while beneficial from the perspective of quicker heat up of the unit and greater draw restriction would also be a contributing factor to heat buildup.

I don't know anything about the production end of this kind of machining or what it might add to the cost of production; but, I think that the ideal bottom plate for an Apollo would be about double or a little more the current thickness but with either;

(1) a sliding door to increase or decrease/eliminate the through-flow of air through the rear of the unit which could be adjusted throughout the length of the session.

In this case, the restriction of a modded Solo stem (when used in this configuration) would keep the draw heavier and more restricted while still allowing for increased airflow through the hot internal body of the vaporizer that should have a greater impact on running the Apollo cooler during longer sessions.

or,

(2) Another alternative would be maybe to machine a high surface area grooved texture into a thicker, more solid bottom plate that would essentially work as a radiator (fins) to assist with dissipating heat and keeping the Apollo from getting too hot with extended use.

I am thinking that 18mm stems, and probably the shorter US joint would be even better, along with an Arizer Solo EQ elbow screen inserted into the male end and then inserted into the bottom of the herb chamber would also work very well. You could then sleeve the Apollo long tube around this and insert the nested tubes into the Apollo.

An Arizer Solo heater core gasket at the point where the Apollo tube meets the 19mm glass stem (or Solo stem) also helps makes for a nice air tight seal at this contact point.

I also found that the micro-bubbler for the Source Orb nests perfectly into the Apollo tube and the Arizer elbow domed screen fits into the wider bottom end of the bubbler.

The bottom end also nests perfectly into the herb chamber with a very slight air gap but not wide enough to fit the glass if it were wrapped in silicone tubing - so a Solo heater core gasket would also work well at this contact location to make an air tight seal.

But I am not sure of what the consequences of a potential water leakage (drip down the side) would result in for the Apollo if it occurred......and what the chances of it happening would be if you were careful.

The raw vapour from the Apollo is too hot for me - even from the longer tube. I think that either an internal cooling coil (if it can be manufactured), or maybe the use of a Mighty/Crafty cooling unit on the top of the Apollo tube or maybe a whip attachment (which I will try to put together sometime) is the only way to turn this into a truly portable usage vape.

The vape is an awesome size and highly portable of course but the best way to get to the fullest potential vaping power of this vape is to use it through water.

There would be no way that you could manage to inhale the kinds of clouds that it can produce when running at its highest potential without the use of water. But that is also what I love about it.......it is a powerhouse portable that absolutely powers through an extraction at a very fast rate when you want it to.

I'll try to get some pics up this weekend of the mods that I've mentioned. One thing that I am curious about though. Is the bowl for the Solo stem the same diameter as the eNano stem bowls or Gong bowls?

Enough FC'ing for now......Tranquility Base Out :D

Last edited:

Milkytime

But I was wondering if the Apollo balances securely on top of the silicone SonG hands free?

No its not hands free, the apollo tube never goes over the glass in this method the seal is created when you press down at the base of the nipple the top of the m2m peice stops it from going father. But when you press down the sides of the nipple frair out a bit and seal on the inside of the apollo tube. It takes no pressure whatsoever to create the seal the weight of the apollo rested on top (while you hold it as well) is enough that somtimes it pulls the entire m2m out of my bubbler if i dont twist it off or hold the connector.

Anyone try an oversized underdog ss tip 18mm connector yet, i think it would make a good bowl stem mod maybe. Ill have to work this out.

GTAVaper

I tried the UD O/S NonG but not as a bowl but rather as the top link to the Apollo tube (with 18mm male end) and a silicone whip running to a bubbler. This is exactly how I tried it when I combusted that one time.

But I've sized it to the herb chamber bowl as well as a Solo stem and it is a bit smaller than the Solo stem - which means that it needs a thicker piece of tubing around the end in order to mate to the herb chamber.

I think the modded Solo stem would fit/work better ......just by looking at it - but I haven't actually tried it yet.

Top Bottom