Discontinued The Venus Apollo

radiant34

Lovely stuff, thank you. You put my mind at rest about the controls, I read and re-read Ville's posts and I wasn't getting it. Some questions if you'd be so kind!

Are you using the long stem or the short one? That looks long in the pic? How do they compare?

What's the heat up time like?

Is the vapour at all dry/harsh?

Is that a 50w bulb in the pic as well? Have you had a chance to compare with the stock one?

And how does it compare to what you already own?

in the picture that is long one, i haven't tried the short one yet(at home) i'll probably use the short one when i go walking the trail. but the long stem made the vapor taste smooth.

the heat up time really depends on the setting you have set and the batteries life. but i'd say maybe minute 20? my batteries are shot and gonna need to be charged soon.

the bigger bulb is the 2nd gen one the smaller one is the 1st.

and personally i own a mighty firewood. I can't compare it to the firewood because the firewood is more like a one hitter(although if i do enough testing i think i can turn the apollo into a onehitter too).
Comparing the mighty? it's hard to say, i dislike snb and how they rip people off, but the mighty is a damn good unit. But i have a good feeling this will be my new main driver.

Fission

Great to hear! I've had very high expectations for the Apollo, but it sounds like it's going to meet all of them, and maybe even go beyond that. How quick can you do extractions for a small load? I've been getting the impression that the Apollo is probably similar to the grasshopper, zion, and log vapes in terms of how you're probably able to really rip a small load and extract everything very quickly. With the amount of power we've seen this thing put out in the vacuum video, I would be surprised if it couldn't handle that sort of thing, but I'd be interested to hear if/when you try it out.

Fission

Haha fair enough. If the batteries are already out of juice, sounds like you're definitely giving her a good workout.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hello world!!

The is VN reporting in from the Apollo outer space project!!
I successfully have ignited this thing and am now somewhere between heaven and planet vaporiax . The view is really stunning and I realize I'm pretty hah!! Haha... :ko:

This little guy --> :evil: Told me to :science: ... So I gave it an initial takeoff with a tiny load..I can only say @radiant34 did a nice job on reporting all this to you, I totally agree. This thing is nothing but fantastic!!! - it would be a really damn long post, if I would count and comment on all these great features and possibilities this thing offers for the vape lovers.,, no, I'm way too smashed to do this now...
Well, it was really a tiny load as you can see.
I started with a 1:45 mins preheat I think and then had about 40-60% temp - but I just played around, so I changed a lot of variables, sometimes boosting additionally. I must stress, that I really felt good, more than good, fantastic; so I stopped... I could have gone for more as you can see..

And this is what came out
epxTAfs.jpg

You can really get a nice crispy flavor, if you want to go for that.. And way beyond, that's not gonna be a problem.

Abo5ofe.jpg

Here you can see better how tiny the load was... With this thing loaded, you could tame a whole herd.
mUaENUZ.jpg

The flashlight sure "over shows" the brightness of the green, but I def. could have gone for more. Darker parts due to boosting all the way while drawing slowly and inconstantly I guess., as I said, I played around too much. But I was having fun.., so, look people where it got me :D
:borg: I'm outer space:whoa:. :rockon:

There's too many things I wanna report, but I keep losing em each time I'm trying to focus... Or at the latest, when trying to write.. Then I'm lazy again. Well, whatever.:ko::p

You guys can be very excited to get one... No looking back!
:peace:

P.S. @radiant34 As for the inverted chamber ! Great idea, gonna check that out next time. Less room to fly around for my tiny loads.. But then again, it worked fantastic. This one is versatile.

edit: the dancing and licking vapor is so fucking sexy... It signals you to come closer.. :brow:
I used the long stem and I'd definitely recommend getting one of these as well.. It's so nice to look down the glass tube and seeing the vapor forming..:drool: And the kickin the boost in. Illumination.., :haw:great visuals.. On top! :)

Last edited:

Fission

How much herb would you estimate you used? It certainly looks like a really tiny amount, but I'm bad at eyeballing this sort of thing. Very promising to say the least.

Fission,
Reactions: vapen00b

Fission

I know I've said this a bunch of times at this point, but I really think the Apollo is going to be a seriously disruptive piece of technology. It's such an exciting time for vaporizers, with so many game-changing models reaching the market. I think we may be in on one of the best though ;)

I, too, am looking forward to maybe seeing a video soon. Just don't feel like you need to push yourself to get one up tonight if you're already blasted @radiant34 :p

And to think that's only .04g. That's insane. Even less than I thought it was.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
What extras are people ordering? I see 2nd generation bulbs, herb chambers, screens, glass stems.

I'm pretty sure I read the 2nd generation bulb is in there and the bigger tube isn't. I'd definitely grab the tube. The bulbs are so cheap I'd probably grab a backup too.

Fission

What extras are people ordering? I see 2nd generation bulbs, herb chambers, screens, glass stems.

I'm pretty sure I read the 2nd generation bulb is in there and the bigger tube isn't. I'd definitely grab the tube. The bulbs are so cheap I'd probably grab a backup too.
Yes, the Apollo comes with a 2nd generation bulb installed, and a shorter tube included. I ordered an extra bulb as you mentioned. Not a bad idea to have a backup just in case, and I also go the long tube. I decided that just one herb chamber should probably be enough for me, as it's not something I would expect to break/lose easily. Hopefully I'm right on that and I won't have to bite the bullet on shipping from finland again if I mess up my chamber somehow haha.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Must.resist!

This is such a sexy elegant vaporizer. It reminds me of a luxury automotive - it's not stealthy, and it doesn't care. I have been waiting for this vaporizer since it's original concept as the "pocket pot" and I am happy to see it released.

Moreover, I'm certainly glad I didn't invest in a Firewood! I'm thinking the Apollo would make a lovely Christmas gift to myself this year :D

Keep up the great work @villekille2 - It looks like one hell of an awesome vaporizer. I can't wait to see some more videos of this vape in action!

Does anyone know if you can pair it with water???

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Oh.... is pre order 2 sold out? Oh.....

Edit: Or is this text normal for a pre-order: "Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!"

StormyPinkness,

Fission

Must.resist!

This is such a sexy elegant vaporizer. It reminds me of a luxury automotive - it's not stealthy, and it doesn't care. I have been waiting for this vaporizer since it's original concept as the "pocket pot" and I am happy to see it released.

Moreover, I'm certainly glad I didn't invest in a Firewood! I'm thinking the Apollo would make a lovely Christmas gift to myself this year :D

Keep up the great work @villekille2 - It looks like one hell of an awesome vaporizer. I can't wait to see some more videos of this vape in action!

Does anyone know if you can pair it with water???

Not really sure if there's a good way to pair it with water at the moment. From what I've heard the mouthpiece is a kinda weird size. 22mm outer diameter and 18mm inner. Might be possible to somehow work something out with a whip and connect it via that, but it would probably reduce airflow a bit. I'm sure there would be a market for a SonG for the Apollo though a couple months down the road ;)

Edit: Or is this text normal for a pre-order: "Products marked with *** are not available in the desired quantity or not in stock!"

A couple days ago, I think the remaining count for the preorder 2 batch was either 19 or 20, and then it switched to preorder pretty suddenly, so I'm guessing Ville changed how he's handling the stock rather than that the batch suddenly sold out. The plan might now be that shipping will be steady rather than in batches, but this is just conjecture based on how the number available seemed to change very quickly.

Also, congratulations to the Apollo for making its way out of "Upcoming and Unreleased." I'm sure we'll be seeing some more impressive accomplishments from it in the near future!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Daisy Mouthpiece is 17mm ID and 25mm OD.

Apollo is 18mm ID and 22mm OD from what I recall ville telling us earlier in this thread. Please correct me if I am wrong.

A standard 18.8mm female glass joint will fit into the Daisy stem, however this kind of ground glass joint to smooth glass joint runs a high risk for breakage IMHO.

GTAVaper

Build a "Song" for the water tool attachment. Silicone tubing makes it an easy fit.

3/4" OD, 1/2" ID tubing should fit within the Apollo's glass mouthpiece (or maybe stretched around it, and the 1/2" ID should also fit around a standard 18mm male glass joint stem - not the joint of course - which ties into your water tool but rather the glass tubing end.

Or, alternatively reduce the large diameter silicone tubing to a smaller 1/2" OD, 3/8" ID silicone tubing which will then sleeve into the larger diameter silicon tubing and then stretch around a standard 14mm male joint glass stem which I think has an OD of around 12mm - like the gong stems used for Underdog vapes.

You can find the right sized Med-X tubing at PV to build your own Song, or to find a 12mm stem to 14mm or 18mm male joint adapter (at 45 degrees) if you don't already own gong stems for an UD.

But it would be nice if Venus Vaporizers offered a water tool attachment to purchase with the vape - even if it is exactly what I described above - which would then save people from having to be "handy" and also let them order a water tool attachment at the same time they ordered their vape

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL

I was wondering the same.. hopefully it's for him to control the batches..

Shame on you guys that have already received their units :p You've been bitten by the sweetness of the Apollo and you've forgotten about giving some food for your fellow FC members! :D :myday:

villekille2

Manufacturer
I have enough all components to make more of these, beyond the pre-order 1 and 2 but I just took the stock away from the webshop to make it more clear that I cannot promise an exact shipping date. So I welcome new orders, and I ship according to the list, those who order earlier will get it earlier.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
So the mid-March shipment of the 2nd "batch" does not exist? Will there be some sort of estimation when someone orders one?

voodoo_vape,
Top Bottom