The Vaporizer Blog Show Announcement!

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Hey everyone! I have some special news. I have been tossing around the idea of starting a vaporizer themed show for the vaporization community. I want to do various segments in a weekly news style format.

Here is the video announcement:

Allot of the details are still being worked out. I don't know when the first episode will premier. I am also thinking of a name. How does "The Vaporizer Blog: Fog Report" sound?

I would love any comments/suggestions you might have for content or anything else you can think of that you would like to see on the show. Currently I am thinking of some various segment ideas that might be interesting.

Segment Ideas:
News
Mini-Reviews (I still want to create separate review videos for vaporizers)
Interviews
Stories
Tips-Tricks
Comparison Segments

What other segments would interest you? I would love as much feedback as possible. I am trying to shape the show around the community needs. So any feedback I get will only help to improve things.

I guess the biggest factor is, if everyone is comfortable seeing my ugly mug in front of the camera. :razz:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I do like the name The Fog Report. I like keeping it simple. I might just call it that, but keep The Vaporizer Blog branding around it as well. Something kind of like the twit (This Week In Tech) network and their shows.

I feel like the show is really needed in our community. I am nervous about the amount of work I just created for myself. I know it is going to be allot of work to create something worthwhile. I feel like the benefit the community would receive from the shows existence justifies the work/effort involved.

I am really excited about the future of things to come.

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I thought I would add any updates to this thread.

I have been using some halogen work lights as video lights for quite some time now. The work lights were getting REALLY hot and uncomfortable to sit in front of. I decided since I am going to be doing a real weekly show, (not just video reviews) I should pick up some real studio lights. Check it out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HFB4KS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I am excited to get them. I know they will be cheap and flimsy for what I paid. I figured it should work well enough for my cause though.

I also purchased a photo blanket from Costco. I used the logo from my video intros for the design. I can hang the blanked on the set somewhere. It should look really fantastic... I hope.

So Aside from segment ideas I also need segment names. Any suggestions for both segment ideas and names for the current segments is greatly appreciated.

I was thinking about doing a "insert something here" viewer of the week. For instance: "Viewer Glass Piece of The Week" You can submit your glass pieces and I will pick one photo to show during the segment. Something like that.

I also thought a question/answer segment might be nice. We could call it "The Fog Horn" ;)

Again I always appreciate any comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, blood donations, or... well you get the idea. :razz:

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have been super busy this week. I have company from out of town visiting. There has not been many opportunities to get various projects worked on. I hope to get back on track by next week. I did get a much needed item today... My lights came in!

They are a set of four continuous video lights. I had a bunch of other stuff to do today, so I did not get a chance to really use them. I managed to get one light set up out of the four. I thought I would share some photos:

7453621528_211255551f.jpg

7453620798_1743d2f8fa.jpg

7453621984_ba3d79fd14.jpg

These should really improve my video quality. I don't think I will even need all four lights. I might set everything up when I get a chance to make sure all the units work.

I have been mulling around how the show will work more in my head.

Question: What do you think is a good target length for each episode?

Slightly Medicated,

Benny Lava

Kenner
Really cool video and I think it's a brilliant idea to do a vape show. Thanks in advance for all your work.

P.S.: i already got a request: could you please compare the VHW with the VXC on your show? again thx

Benny Lava,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Okay... I was originally thinking anywhere from 10-15 minutes. I think 5 minutes would be hard to fit enough information in. I figured 10-15 minutes a show gives me enough to work with... but not so much so that it is actually imposable to create in a timely manner.

Slightly Medicated,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i would think that about the 10 minute mark would probably be best. my brother used to/still does from time to time make dance video tutorials on how to dance and how to do specific moves. most of his videos have gotten at least 10,000 views and a few have over 100,000. after some time, he noticed that 10 minutes is about the best amount of times for viewers to learn from the video but at the same time still hold interest. just my :2c: though.

love the lights set up though! me and my brother wanted to do the same for our dance videos but they were a little bit too pricey for our budget. definitely jealous. keep up the good work! :tup:

HighlyEducatedScholar,

MedicatedVet1911

Lord of The Seven Kingdoms.
I think this a huge benefit , especially for a noob like me. I think a good idea for a show would be a intro to vaping for people who have an interest but have yet to take the full plunge. Maybe a break down of the different types of models and maybe some of the benefits/cons of vaping. I know when I first started to ponder the idea of vaping , I tried finding youtube videos on it and all I could find were videos of people rambling on and on with no substantial information.

MedicatedVet1911,

Greenscreen

Definitely a good idea..
Great thing about it is the versatility of the whole thing.
You can easily have a range of different subjects to talk about and so long as it's vapor related (or even just weed related) then most will be interested (I for one will be!)

How about an episode / segment for people quitting combustion and starting vaping? - As in trying to inform people making the switch of the transition period you go through before you start to love the vape?

I suggest this because personally if it weren't for people on FC telling me it takes a while to fall out of love with smoke and in love with vapor then i would have probably just carried on smoking bongs and written off the vape before my vape career had really even begun.. I'm sure there is many uninformed people who have written off the vape before giving themselves a chance to love it..

(I know, I know, it's not the greatest of suggestions, but it is none the less a suggestion!! :lol:)

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think it would be great to maybe do a live interview with a vape manufacturer or retailer. :shrug: You can talk about their products, and the vaporizer movement in general. I think it would be interesting, as long as you can get someone to agree to be interviewed. I don't think it would be too hard as everyone is trying to promote their stuff.

:peace:

Stu,
Reactions: Peloton

Nycdeisel

I love it already, Slightly. So much potential here and I think you can fulfill it!!

What a great idea! I will be stalking this thread :ninja:

:clap:

Nycdeisel,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think it would be great to maybe do a live interview with a vape manufacturer or retailer. :shrug: You can talk about their products, and the vaporizer movement in general. I think it would be interesting, as long as you can get someone to agree to be interviewed. I don't think it would be too hard as everyone is trying to promote their stuff.

:peace:

I already have some interviews lined up as "articles" with various manufactures. I could easily record myself doing the phone interviews and edit them down in a segment. I have to work out some logistics of the best way to record the audio from the call. I have a microphone and I could use a speakerphone... but I think the audio quality would be lacking. I would like to figure out a way to record my cell phone or land line calls and turn them in to audio files. I supposed I could also use Skype. Any suggestions? Anyone know of a good/simple solution?

Currently, I am thinking about the first show and how it will unfold. I figured the first segment I would introduce myself and talk about why I medicate and why I switched to vaporization.

I want to end every show with a short Q and A type thing.. called "The Fog Horn" I would answer a question or two that viewers send in. That being said... I need some good first questions. Does anyone have a question they want to pose to me for the first Fog Horn segment?

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: grbf12

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have been working on show ideas and such recently. There is allot of work to do before I will be ready for the first show. I have to make a bunch of graphic and all that fun stuff. :D

I got my photo blanket in today. It turned out okay. It is about what I expected:

7510357156_79e0dc6442.jpg

I have not been making videos or updating the site much. I have to have my camera cleaned. The sensor has gotten dirty enough that it is bothering me. I am hoping I can make it in to town to get it cleaned by next Monday.

Peloton

Vapes Hard
I need some good first questions. Does anyone have a question they want to pose to me for the first Fog Horn segment?

I have one to get The Fog Horn started, it's a two-parter- How dark do you vaporize your buds, and what do you like to do with the leftover ABV?

Not sure if that's an area you're looking to expand any coverage into, but I am personally curious on your thoughts anyway. It seems like a lot of people new to vapor are (understandably) unsure of what to do with their growing stash of ABV. I mean, it can be cooked with in so many ways, made into tinctures, extracted by many different means... I know you're aware of it's versatility, and I think parts of the subject could be interesting to put in a show or article.

By the way... loved the Space Case coverage. I've realized that through all my journeys, my SC 2pc is the only grinder that made the whole ride with me. I swear it still grinds as well as the day I got it :)

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have one to get The Fog Horn started, it's a two-parter- How dark do you vaporize your buds, and what do you like to do with the leftover ABV?

Not sure if that's an area you're looking to expand any coverage into, but I am personally curious on your thoughts anyway. It seems like a lot of people new to vapor are (understandably) unsure of what to do with their growing stash of ABV. I mean, it can be cooked with in so many ways, made into tinctures, extracted by many different means... I know you're aware of it's versatility, and I think parts of the subject could be interesting to put in a show or article.

By the way... loved the Space Case coverage. I've realized that through all my journeys, my SC 2pc is the only grinder that made the whole ride with me. I swear it still grinds as well as the day I got it :)

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank so much! I will actual use this in my first episode. There is actually allot there to talk about. I could do a short Q&A about it, but I could also expand on it in the future with a article/story as well.

djonkoman

what about a segment where you introduce a combuster who never vaped before to vaporizing, every time a new one

djonkoman,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
what about a segment where you introduce a combuster who never vaped before to vaporizing, every time a new one

You mean bring them in and film them using vaporizers for the first time? That would be interesting. Although I see some issues with it. They would have to me medical patient, which would cut the field down. I also don't know anyone to introduce it to. I don't have any friends who smoke or even medicate. Since 2009 I have medicated with 2 other poeple... so I don't have a group to pick from. I also live kind of far out of town, not sure I would even get poeple who would be willing to drive all the way out here to film.

It is a good idea, although not sure if I could pull it off. :(

Slightly Medicated,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I wanted to update everyone on this.

I have been working on getting the show set up over time. It has been ALLOT of work. I make some progress, but then change things around.

I think I have finally settled on a format that will work in terms of easy of filming, and also the quality of program produced. I am going to shoot for a show that is 5-15 minutes long. I will film various segments and put them together in each episode.

I have been thinking about my review formats as well. I think I want to change them around... and I need you advice. Currently I am doing a long video review and a long written review. Well that is all good, but the writing takes me much longer then the videos. Simply because, it is not my strongest suite.

I am thinking about doing the longer video reviews, and then doing a short summery for the written aspects.

Basically a written review would consist of:

Intro
Strengths
Weaknesses
Final Thoughts

The sections would be short and sweet. Just hitting the main points that really need to be said.

Basically with my current system I am product two different things that basically say the same thing, just in different media film/writing. I think I would save myself allot of time and effort if I focused more on one or the other. Since I am more partial to the video. I think that is the direction I will follow.

Please I really want some input on this. I am doing it for the communities benefit. I want to make sure I am doing it the best way possible.

Slightly Medicated,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
i think this is a great format so far. i like that you're including a written review as a part of each one. definitely looking forward to watching these! :tup:

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Top Bottom