The Vape Rut

JDR

Does anyone else get into odd ruts, even with their main driver, that require them to switch it up?

Case in point: I love me some solo and have mine sitting on top of a big hairy bong/ashcatcher contraption. I end up pulling serious vapor rather quickly but.. I end up sitting there and staring at whatever I'm doing like a zombie and my herb just cooks.. very inefficient. They don't put that on the vaporpedia page... "will put you in a stupor".

My point being when I switch back up to the MFLB, it's like I clear my palate a bit.

JDR,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Does anyone else get into odd ruts, even with their main driver, that require them to switch it up?

Case in point: I love me some solo and have mine sitting on top of a big hairy bong/ashcatcher contraption. I end up pulling serious vapor rather quickly but.. I end up sitting there and staring at whatever I'm doing like a zombie and my herb just cooks.. very inefficient. They don't put that on the vaporpedia page... "will put you in a stupor".

My point being when I switch back up to the MFLB, it's like I clear my palate a bit.

Yes. Until I got the Cloud.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
JDR I have a word for you:

titration (tītrā´shun),
n. incremental increase in drug dosage to a level that provides the optimal therapeutic effect.
Mosby's Dental Dictionary, 2nd edition. © 2008 Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

Your stupor is self induced, and controllable. Increasing your tolerance may help you achieve a more "functional" high :peace:

JDR

@ilikesnacks ... Agreed. In fact, variety, as naturally occurring life spice, can be ground up into a fine powder and vaped at 7 through a solo. You should mix in some ABV though to keep it from running. It's got a rather stimulating, if short lived buzz.. kind of like salvia, but with better flavor. I think they have a thread about it somewhere around here.

Per, my mention of the stupor, it was a somewhat of a reality based joke. But, as folk have mentioned, there are real questions that arise from it such as.. what does one's vape of choice do when it is sitting after you hit it? Does one have to dismantle/stir/detach it? Has the vapist been disciplined in their approach to titration (hat tip t-dub above)? Does a certain guy who shall remain nameless so dig the actual experience of vaping lovely, fluffy vapor through h20 that he forgets that he is also incrementally medicating himself to the sky? Might this nameless fellow be distracting himself on internet forums that only seem to make him want to buy and tinker with expensive vapor gadgets?

Lot to think about. ;)

JDR

Tweek

I convince myself I'm in a rut every time I visit this website. If I ever gave my wife a direct answer about how much I spend on this hobby, I would lose my corn nuts.

Tweek,
Reactions: vorrange

JDR

I convince myself I'm in a rut every time I visit this website. If I ever gave my wife a direct answer about how much I spend on this hobby, I would lose my corn nuts.

Er, not that it's a thrilling topic or anything. But definately people have strategies for these things. Folks often say things like, I vape A all day, but sometimes I just got to B. In my case, I solo all day, and thermovape T1 it sometimes to make it classy. My MFLB is still on loan. But that was a nice break-the-routine vape.

JDR

JDR,

Tweek

Er, not that it's a thrilling topic or anything. But definately people have strategies for these things. Folks often say things like, I vape A all day, but sometimes I just got to B. In my case, I solo all day, and thermovape T1 it sometimes to make it classy. My MFLB is still on loan. But that was a nice break-the-routine vape.

JDR

I usually have about three vapes going at one time...I kick back in my dark, smokey (vapor) filled room, soak up some sweet Jazz or earthy blues occasionally reaching out to whatever is closest and sipping me some sweet nectar...phew, sorry, got a little carried away there. :mmmm:

Tweek,

vorrange

Vapor.wise

I don't understand exactly what you mean by odd rut, or at least, that does not make me switch them. When i vape i usually take the wand/stem between each time, although sometimes i forget. But i catch myself just forgetting i was vaping, with the stem in my hand, while reading something here or doing some other internet related activity.

I like to switch them, just to switch vaporizers. I also heard about helping lower your tolerance and it does help, although it is not magic. It helps but it does not lower your tolerance to i-have-not-vaped-in-a-week tolerance, at least with me.

JDR I have a word for you:

titration (tītrā´shun),
n. incremental increase in drug dosage to a level that provides the optimal therapeutic effect.
Mosby's Dental Dictionary, 2nd edition. © 2008 Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

Your stupor is self induced, and controllable. Increasing your tolerance may help you achieve a more "functional" high :peace:

Question about titration: Do you titrate by incrementing the dosage in each bowl, doing 2-3 bowls a session?

Or do you titrate by doing a small bowl and waiting 15min and if you want to be higher you vape another small bowl?

Or do you titrate by filling a regular bowl and then take 2-3 draws and wait 15min, and keep drawing 2-3 times each 15min until you reached the desired state?

Because i try to titrate, by doing the last "method", but i don't know if i can actualy call that titration since i don't vape at high temps in the beginning of the bowl.

vorrange,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I use "bowl control" for dosing and use multiple bowls, and strains, listening to body feedback, to build effects as the day progresses, some things need just a little where as pain needs a lot more. But I tend to take a longer view of this as well. Where you use titration in a single session, as do I, I also used the process over several months, not only to raise my tolerance so that I could function while medicated, but also to shift off my blood pressure medication (Micardis) since cannabis takes care of that for me. Now that my tolerance is built up, and I can be "functionally high", chronic pain/analgesia needing the highest doses for efficacy, I get a lot more done during the day. Sure I don't get super "stoned"/non functional any more, but thats really ok with me since this is medical not recreational.

In the end vorrange, what works for you is best, and that will change over time. Everyone interfaces with the plant in their own unique way, thats part of the miracle :)

JDR

I
I don't understand exactly what you mean by odd rut, or at least, that does not make me switch them. When i vape i usually take the wand/stem between each time, although sometimes i forget. But i catch myself just forgetting i was vaping, with the stem in my hand, while reading something here or doing some other internet related activity.

I like to switch them, just to switch vaporizers. I also heard about helping lower your tolerance and it does help, although it is not magic. It helps but it does not lower your tolerance to i-have-not-vaped-in-a-week tolerance, at least with me.

Question about titration: Do you titrate by incrementing the dosage in each bowl, doing 2-3 bowls a session?

Or do you titrate by doing a small bowl and waiting 15min and if you want to be higher you vape another small bowl?

Or do you titrate by filling a regular bowl and then take 2-3 draws and wait 15min, and keep drawing 2-3 times each 15min until you reached the desired state?

Because i try to titrate, by doing the last "method", but i don't know if i can actualy call that titration since i don't vape at high temps in the beginning of the bowl.

Actually, I need to bring some titration consciousness to my sessions. As I mentioned in a previous post, I just go and go, but with a lot of big pauses. I might be auto-titrating in some fashion.

I think I'll see if I can pick a day (gotta do these things by the day in my book) and discipline myself to titrate in a manner similar to what you are referring to. Besides, I like creating arbitrary parameters to my vaping sessions to bring out particular aspects of the vapor or of the experience itself. I may start another post asking for details of folks' various titration methods.

JDR

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I

Actually, I need to bring some titration consciousness to my sessions. As I mentioned in a previous post, I just go and go, but with a lot of big pauses. I might be auto-titrating in some fashion.

I think I'll see if I can pick a day (gotta do these things by the day in my book) and discipline myself to titrate in a manner similar to what you are referring to. Besides, I like creating arbitrary parameters to my vaping sessions to bring out particular aspects of the vapor or of the experience itself. I may start another post asking for details of folks' various titration methods.

JDR

Today i left titration aside, i busted out my buddha for some heavy foggin', looks like London at 6 in the morning over here. ;)

I think, for the most part, the herb tells you to slow down by making you just stare at the nothing. It is part of being high, there is no avoiding. You just avoid it by not being high, so, why avoid it? :D

Top Bottom