Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
So look no further for a case folks (well look at your will of course ) here is the perfect case for your Timber or any Vapwood vapes! As little as $3.50usd ! I’ve suggested it before in this thread or the LB’s, not sure why the man st the helm hasn’t ordered a bunch but, >Here< it is again . I’m sure with a bit a searching one might even find a better deal on it ! The zipper on still works good (knock on Timber ) after a year + of on and off regular usage .

It’s not overly big , fits the Timber , a roasting tube or two and a doob tube or two . It’s not too big nor too small really.

Some pics ...
5279-A1-DF-1-CB1-4-C04-A6-FA-D5161-CA3-B525.jpg

36-D240-AB-3798-4-D90-A5-C9-E092-E2-C4-F9-AC.jpg

C744-F9-A1-50-A5-4-E14-AC50-20-A1837-F3-A6-E.jpg

@Stu all my case is missing is the FC sticking on it !!! Oh and sorry , inoticed the double post :doh:

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way
So look no further for a case folks (well look at your will of course ) here is the perfect case for your Timber or any Vapwood vapes! As little as $3.50usd ! I’ve suggested it before in this thread or the LB’s, not sure why the man st the helm hasn’t ordered a bunch but, >Here< it is again . I’m sure with a bit a searching one might even find a better deal on it ! The zipper on still works good (knock on Timber ) after a year + of on and off regular usage .

It’s not overly big , fits the Timber , a roasting tube or two and a doob tube or two . It’s not too big nor too small really.

Some pics ...
5279-A1-DF-1-CB1-4-C04-A6-FA-D5161-CA3-B525.jpg

36-D240-AB-3798-4-D90-A5-C9-E092-E2-C4-F9-AC.jpg

C744-F9-A1-50-A5-4-E14-AC50-20-A1837-F3-A6-E.jpg

@Stu all my case is missing is the FC sticking on it !!! Oh and sorry , inoticed the double post :doh:

Thanks! Just grabbed 2. :rockon: All my portables have a case now ;)

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Late good morning all...
Just to inform new customers. Looks like the few order placed over the last couple of weeks will be filled by early October.

Me and Chilly are chilling out. He's 7 months old, mom, dad, siblings are show dogs, and he was being groomed for the platform, but lo and behold, he's got a wry jaw, which is a very minor irregularity that would keep him from winning first place. What's great about this scenario is that our breeder was raising him as one of her own, and she's a bit of a dog whisperer. While he's a baby, and doesn't know lots of formal commands, his disposition is amazing. He's pretty much house trained, crate trained and leash trained, and he loves affection more than anything else. A very special boy, and yes, very different from my first two guys. We are going to have to name something for Chilly.

I just ordered a very small lathe that's made exclusively for turning pens. Believe it or not, that is a very big hobby around the world, which is awesome for me, because pens tubes are very much like roasting tubes. While I'll never be able to produce the endless variety that the master @Alan does, I should be able to produce a very Timber and Lil' Bud specific tube. It arrives Monday, so we'll see. Maybe this will lead to even more stuff. The perfect thing to name for Chilly would be a unique cooling tube, the Chilly Mouthpiece.

In celebration of the Chillmeister arriving, let's run another Timber, *CHILLYWILBUR* coupon code at 15%.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Timber!
Great Sunday morning to everyone in vapwood. Hope chilly is digging his new place @Bravesst
Chilly has already adapted nicely. We are using positive reinforcement techniques in training. My first time using this method exclusively, and I'm blown away by the progress in just a couple a days. I'm following a book written by the trainer who trained Obama's dog Bo (along with Kennedy dogs). With this method you reward to good behavior vs punish for bad. I think it makes it easier for Chilly to figure out what I want, instead having to use the process of elimination on what I don't want.

I've been able to take a bit of a step back from building for a week or two. I'm still working, but just less. I felt like I was approaching burn out, working 3 days a week in the city, having major work done on the house, and spending every possible second in the shop. That all was necessary to bring Timber to fruition so quickly. I became obsessed with nailing it down, and am feeling the after effects. Time to take a breath and prepare for my busy season. What a nice gift Timber would make (especially to yourself).

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
The best way to train a dog is with ton's of love by taking them for long walks and plenty of playtime, Don't forget the Timber!

Vaporooni,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Hello All,

Been so busy with life lately, including Chilly. In all honesty, I needed a shop break, and this just encouraged me to take a few days without putting tools in my hands. A rest was long overdue, as I haven't spent more than a day or two at a time out of the shop since the inception of Vapwood two years ago. The Timber is partly responsible for this mini-vacation, with it's more straight forward build, I can build more Timbers in less time. But my vacation might be short lived (let's hope). Did any one see the Timber pic on Sneaky Pete's IG? I shared it on my IG *story* (I'm not really IG savvy). It was a pic of the unit I sent him, a sweet Timber Black n' Tan.

The unit on the right...
20190909-172135.jpg

elykpeace

exVASted
@Bravesst I too suck at Instagram.

I put a vid up and tagged you tho .. 0 ~420° in seconds

Very impressive. Something I've wished for since giving up on my grasshopper(4 times now)

elykpeace,

elykpeace

exVASted
Love to see the Timber catch on like the BCG. I see it in every video and IG post now.

Do you have a to rotate the stem in the Timber for even extraction ?

I don't. Save my avb for later use but the extraction is pretty even. I have the rimmed basket screens inbound. Hopefully this will touch the outer ring that is lighter in color. Not worth the tiny wisp to stir

flammy

It's been a little while since I've dropped in on this thread. I've been using my LBE quite a bit and I have dialed in my settings further. Getting really good results now too.

I've been reading here about the Timber and will say that I am intrigued. Anyone with both LBE and Timber that can help me understand why one would want the Timber if they already have the LBE?

flammy,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Finally got back in the shop yesterday. I cleaned up, and I'm ready to start production once again. That was the first time I took a week off in 2 years. My mini lathe also arrived, small but appears to be high quality. It's a dedicated pen turning lathe, and the concept might just work really well for a simple roasting tube.

Great question @flammy, and I guess it comes down to two things. The isolated coil of the Timber keeps the board (and battery cool). The larger wood housing , I feel, improves the roasting process, keeping the heat where it needs to be. The streamlined shape is also a different feel in the hands, smaller, a bit more ergonomic.

End of month coupon code FALLINGTIMBERS: saves $25

flammy

Finally got back in the shop yesterday. I cleaned up, and I'm ready to start production once again. That was the first time I took a week off in 2 years. My mini lathe also arrived, small but appears to be high quality. It's a dedicated pen turning lathe, and the concept might just work really well for a simple roasting tube.

Great question @flammy, and I guess it comes down to two things. The isolated coil of the Timber keeps the board (and battery cool). The larger wood housing , I feel, improves the roasting process, keeping the heat where it needs to be. The streamlined shape is also a different feel in the hands, smaller, a bit more ergonomic.

End of month coupon code FALLINGTIMBERS: saves $25

Thanks for the explanation. That was helpful. I kind of regret not jumping on the intro price. Harder to justify at the moment but this has my VAS going for sure. Hopefully you can run some big Black Friday promos.

flammy,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Timber is tall, and I'm trying to work out a tube that's short. This first *attempt* on my new penpal pen turning lathe is more of a practice run than anything else. It's a 19/19 cherry tube with a 12 mm ID hole at the tip, and just 7 mm ID from tip to top. I also set the bowl deeper to keep the load a bit further from the coil. I can now experiment with specs, and find out what pairs best with Timber. Under 1.5 inches of the tube is exposed. I'm impressed with this quality of this machine. Even though it has limited capabilities, it might just work for creating a simple, versatile, Timber Tube.

Shorter, narrower ID, further from load.
20190926-161700.jpg

20190926-161757.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
This is the last weekend to make the October Batch Cut Off, which will happen Monday. All new orders will then fall into the November batch.

@Bradymyers2 Let me get the hang of my new lathe, and I'll see if I can *turn* out some ideas that are well thought out and viable. If I can get this done this week, and can produce something worthy of Timber, than I can include some of these *test tubes* in the next batch.

Having Chilly challenges my shop time right now, but I have a plan. I'm going to set up an X-pen (doggy play pen) in my inside shop (outside shop will be too dusty and loud). I will be able to keep an eye on him while he has some freedom. This will give me a couple of hours at a clip, basically how I work any way, in 2 to 3 hour spurts.

I have all my Timbers in a row. I'm finding it a pleasure to be able to *mix and match* tops and bottoms to fill orders. This allows me to get more out of less inventory. Packed with a pre-installed coil, I can pop any top on any base. For example, I needed 2 blends, 2 all walnut, 2 all cherry, and was able to *swap tops* on two units to satisfy the order vs having to pre-assemble to 2 more units. I'm working on cover plates and boards now, and will slip into full assembly next week.

Top Bottom