Discontinued The Timber Elite by Vapwood

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning boys and girls...

No shop time yesterday, but today I'm back at it. The battery compartment floor is covered by a thin wood strip, and it's the very last thing to get installed. Today, I'll cut the strips, and fit each one by hand. Each unit's serial number, cold ohms, and TCR will be recorded on the underside.

The final step is high grit sandpaper, some more heat, and a really good buff up. Hopefully, I can start shipping by Friday or Monday. I plan on making two trips to the post office, splitting the 26 units (of Elites and Classics).

Going forward, the Elite will be offered in 3 woods only, Maple, Cherry, and Walnut. If you'd like another species or blend, it will be a custom order that you can contact me about (the price on that is not set, and I have no stock).

Current Elite Pricing
Maple: $279 Barebones / $309 Complete (one battery, one roasting tube)
Cherry: $289 / $319
Walnut: $299 / $329

for comparison

Current Classic Pricing
Maple: $169 Barebones / $199 Complete (one battery, one roasting tube)
Cherry: $179 / $209
Walnut: $189 / $219

I've tried some baffle like stainless steel options in my 3 inch, 10 mm ID, glass lined, tube. Up to this point I've had mixed results, but I'm still working at it. I did wind up dropping my watts to 24, which is freaking amazing. Dare I say, bowls are lasting longer, and not much stirring going on. I love the low, low wattage, so cool, and it does feel kind of *unregulated* in that I have so much temp control with my breath. Batteries are lasting quite a long time. I'm beginning to lose count of sessions.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Done and done... All battery floors installed, finish sanded, more heat, buff, buff, buff. While the way LB is finalized (pre-assembly, finish, assembly, re-finish) takes a bit of extra time, but worth it. I could never get this level of finish on a final assembly, but bringing a final assembly back to stellar is pretty easy.

Before I start to pack up, we need to shoot lots and lots of pics. Tomorrow is a work day in the city, but Friday will be pack and pic day.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Done and done... All battery floors installed, finish sanded, more heat, buff, buff, buff. While the way LB is finalized (pre-assembly, finish, assembly, re-finish) takes a bit of extra time, but worth it. I could never get this level of finish on a final assembly, but bringing a final assembly back to stellar is pretty easy.

Before I start to pack up, we need to shoot lots and lots of pics. Tomorrow is a work day in the city, but Friday will be pack and pic day.

I’m excited to see the pictures. It would be great to have an Elite party!!!

madhockeydad,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Buff day... While my shop time may be limited today, this final step is quick, and I should have no problem buffing the batch. This will allow me to dive into taking pics first thing tomorrow. It's quite a process, and while I've grown to love it every minute of it, taking the final pics is super sweet.

Watched a great film on Netflix last night, *Weed the People*. As a lifetime cannabis user, you gotta love a documentary on cannabis and cancer care. Be ready for some heart wrenching stuff. Thankfully, we all have a healthy, cost effective way to experience cannabis, and the entire spectrum of cannabinoids via the vaporization of flower.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Picked up an Elite from a fellow FC’er on the classifieds. It was delivered this past Saturday, and I haven't put this beast down since.

Broke out a Pelican micro-case so the Elite and my Vapcaps have been traveling with me all week.

What a functional, classy device! If you love on-demand and can afford it, I highly recommend!

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Battery life on this thing is sick. Last night I was in my den, reading, working, vaping. I got my battery down to 7% before I realized I needed to change. I did a couple of bowls before heading upstairs. I was about to grab a spare battery for the evening, but realized I'd never need it. I must have down 5 or 6 more bowls last night, and this morning it's still at 60%. I can have a hard time killing a fresh battery on an otherwise busy day if it's brand new and fully charged.

The Elite:
  1. Rides like a luxury sedan, hits like a truck
  2. Handcrafted technology
  3. Controlled chaos
  4. Look Ma, no glass
  5. On demand convection heaven
  6. Got legs
  7. Delivers form and function
  8. Is the promised land
  9. Never lets you down
  10. Cannabis' best friend
Just ordered a photo light box on Amazon prime, as I need to take some good pics. It arrives tomorrow. Also need to write out labels and pack up once pics are taken. This will be followed by a complete photo upgrade on the website. Time to show off this bad boy!

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
I have looked around a bit on this forum but can't find an answer. What is the deal with being against glass? Some of my favorite vapes are ALL glass.

BestBuds,

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I have looked around a bit on this forum but can't find an answer. What is the deal with being against glass? Some of my favorite vapes are ALL glass.

There are lots of us LB folks who love glass and we have our stems lined with it. For most folks it's the breakability that turns them off glass. I love it, best mouth feel and provides best taste for me.

Using a glass lined stem from Alan in my LB right now.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I love glass , I use my glass cover Heater HI Log with bubbler all the time . Huge tasty rips. I also use a jhook with my Lil Bud Classic . huge tasty rips. I have a All Glass Smoke Stack . Huge tasty rips. I still prefer not having any glass on a portable vaporizer itself. What can't break does not need repair or replacement .

P.A.M.,
Reactions: Bravesst

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@BestBuds Great question. I have nothing against glass, but I love, love, love wood. In my humble opinion, the wood 19/22 joint allows for a cooler, tastier experience, which usually translates into the user being able to handle bigger hits. When both the female and male are wood, the experience is taken to the next level. The wood is not a good conductor of heat, and that's good for us, we do not want conduction, or any heat traveling up the tube other than in the flower. The glass lining, on the user side of the load, doesn't really steal heat or taste. At that point I feel it cools things down a bit, give a bit more control via some restriction in the 18 mm stem. All wood also eliminates the need to attach a glass 19/22 female joint in the wood body, which generally is done with an adhesive.

Most of the Classic of the May batch are shipped out. I did get one older Elite order out, but the rest are part of next week's trip. My photo light box will arrive on Sunday, and the pics will be taken over the Memorial Day weekend.

I have some really cool ideas on some structural changes. Everything is in the *idea* stage, nothing even on paper, but you guys know that shit happens quick around here. If it works, and it's better, I usually try and incorporate the tweak as soon as possible. I don't like to reveal thing too soon, as many of the ideas that float across my mind do not wind up as actual tweaks, but the ones that do all start out as "How can I make this better?"

I am hoping that my new floor drill press has one big effect - accuracy. The first hole that is drilled is 5/8 and it is deep. This hole is bored before the bottom cap is even cut out. This would challenge my bench top press, as I had to readjust to get the depth I needed. This fist vertical hole sets the center line for the bowl and coil chamber and 3 other holes, the taper (from the top) the coil compartment and disc seat (from the bottom). All deep drilling has a tiny bit of wobble. I'm not sure what an acceptable tolerance is for *wobble*, but it will be better on the higher amperage floor drill press, especially without having to readjust the height.

My smaller bench top press (both porter cables) can now be permanently fitted with the x / y axis vice for high level HORIZONTAL accuracy. This is the perfect set up for the cover plate and back plate, as well as vent holes. Having two drill presses working will also help speed things up, just like have two routers and a router table does for me. Much less set up time.

Vape on boys and girls...

Last edited:

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
W001 Baby!

IMG-4149.jpg

Thought I'd show you guys what's under the hood for those who haven't popped it out . Now it's @Bravesst turn to make us drool with batch #3 pics. Ready, Set , ..

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@P.A.M. That's the serial number for your unit, just in case it ever needs any adjustments, I have a page on it (cold ohms, TCR). This current batch will have cold ohms and TCR listed. The light box will arrive today and should make for some really cool pics. I hope to show off the handcrafted beauty of this batch.

This Elite batch will ship next week (tomorrow is a holiday), either on Tuesday (I work in the city) if I can make it, or Wednesday AM, still making the May deadline. All orders posted now, will be part of June's batch (drawing off my inventory of pre-assemblies). I'll continue to add a few Maple, and mostly Cherry, and Walnut units to the pre-assembly inventory. The pre-assembly inventory requires little investment other than time. The costly board and buttons don't get installed until final assembly, just before shipping. It's a good system that will cut overall time from order to ship to under 30 days. Be sure to check the website *projected ship date*. As of now it is still end of June 2019 for Maple, Cherry and Walnut Elites.

FLASH 48 HOUR MEMORIAL DAY SALE / SAVE 10% SITEWIDE: GODBLESSAMERICA

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
A thank you to all our veterans, who risk life and limb, today. Please enjoy your holiday.

My light box arrived. It was on my front steps when I got home last night in the teaming rain. The box was saturated, but the unit was wrapped in plastic, safe and sound. This should make cool pic taking a snap (pun intended). I will post later today, or as soon as I can repost.

I got started on some more *inventory*: 6 Cherry / 5 Walnut / 3 Maple, as well as a bunch of Classics, to add to my pre-assembly total. A few hours here and there will allow me to keep this pool of pre-assemblies full. The plan is to have at about 10 of each species sitting on the shelf, one hour from finished. Then, one week each month it's time to assemble, pack, and ship. The lull in the action from April 20 to now has provided me with the time to do this. This batch is going to be ridiculously consistent, as building the Elite is becoming routine (another word for Zen). No more surprises, everything I do has a predictable outcome, adding up to one solid unit.

Which leads me to my next topic. The Elite is the best thing to ever happen to my own personal vaping experience. The Classic can produce the same results, but with more user involvement. The Elite is basically a luxury liner jet on auto pilot. Watt or temp surfing is actually the simplest and best vaping experience I've ever had. As the creator, I just want to share the Elite with the entire cannabis world, but in the meantime, I'd like to grow this community as much as possible, and overcome any obstacles to that end. The Elite is not cheap, must be thought of as a long term investment, something that'll be around for years and years. Quality like this usually comes with price tag. Your VAS will be immediately quenched with the many ways to use the Elite, as well as the potential for swapping out with some really cool @Alan roasting tube set ups. Anything is possible.

Pricing right now the price is at it's all time low, and there is a 10 percent discount to be had today. Save 10% sitewide, use coupon code: GODBLESSAMERICA

https://vapwood.com

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Hi

Will my two pieces get sent out soon? The excitement is building.

The pictures are mouth watering god!!

David

madhockeydad,
Reactions: P.A.M.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@nonbeliever that Blended Walnut / Maple (waple) unit as well as 3 others are sold. Good news I made 5. There is still a couple in pre-assembly. I am going to add that to the list of regulars.

@madhockeydad Yes, Wednesday AM, first thing, all of these units will fly the coop, including your two. I'm working a long day in the city tomorrow, and apologize for extending this long weekend.

I did get started on more inventory, adding another two dozen units to the mix (mostly Elites). Today I finalized 24 mortises, nice clean job because I sharpened my chisels first (instead of after). I'm going to be adding the Walnut / Maple mix as well. If anybody wants one, please let me know, as I'll add even more of them to the inventory.

In addition to just having a diagram of specs, I started making some *instruction pages*, I guess these will eventually form some kind of assembly manual. Sometimes there are lots and lots of specs coming at you, nice to have it all written down, and it eliminates stupid mistakes.

I like the blue background, and made it my new cover image at https://vapwood.com
20190527-163415.jpg

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Thanks for the compliments!!!

Seems to be a big interest in the Waple. The reason I didn't build a bunch of Waples is simple. With the Classic, I went a bit crazy with blended units, and wound up with too much variety. This time around, I'm building inventory only in what I know for sure sells, some Maple, lots of Walnut and Cherry.

If anyone wants a Waple (walnut / maple), now's the time to let me know. I can create the blanks this week, and get them ready for June's batch. The Waple Blend is an additional $40 over the base price.

These units will not be ready until the end of June
20190527-163148.jpg

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Good morning... All pics taken, time to get postal this AM with 16 units. I just ordered another *drill press table / fence* for my new standing floor drill press. Turns out this porter cable is hard to get a table for, but I think I found one that'll work with very little fussing. It's all about the *first hole*, which sets the center line for the tube and coil. Vital to get this as perfect as possible.

Below I'm playing with a black background. Got lots of pics now to work the website for the next couple of months. If you'd like to see just about all the pics I managed to grab, I posted a photo gallery on the site. https://vapwood.com
20190528-172000-003.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom