The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

General Disaster

A Country Member
Personally I find both iso and torching to be the best method!
It's not much good for getting them clean, but it's heaps of fun! Especially in dark room!

TedJones

FYI. The one thing missing from the earlier manual directions are the graphics with the markings on the air intake control which showed the Open/Bypass/Closed positions.
Yep, good spot. The thing that confused me at first about the graphic was it only showed closed/open/bypass (direct tube) on the stem marker options. The bypass has 4 additional “configurations” as you adjust so wasn’t quite sure. New online manual looks sweet!

TedJones,

Tigre

Hi, been enjoying my Tempest. Excellent intro to vaping. A bit of a learning curve that luckily I had some pretty old material to test on.

My concern is that in doing regular maintenance, I’d like to know where to order replacements for the FKM O-Rings in the US. I tried to search 6x1 on Amazon and it didn’t seem like it’s the proper dimensions.

Also, was wondering how the adjustable bowl works. Is it just pushing the screen all the way to the base of the bowl till you can’t go further, a bit past the holes on the side?

Tigre,
Reactions: TedJones

Shorner

@Brenyo Do you know when you will have the the ball retaining screens in stock? Mines bent to shit as i pushed it in instead of screwing it in🤣

Shorner,
  • Wow
Reactions: TedJones

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I’d like to know where to order replacements for the FKM O-Rings in the US. I tried to search 6x1 on Amazon and it didn’t seem like it’s the proper dimensions.
You’ll get more of them with the update kit, the 6mm is the inner diameter with 1mm CS.

Also, was wondering how the adjustable bowl works. Is it just pushing the screen all the way to the base of the bowl till you can’t go further, a bit past the holes on the side?
Yes, it’s not easy to do now because the screen is too wide. A bit past the bowl is the half bowl position (as it arrives), you can push it further down.

@Brenyo Do you know when you will have the the ball retaining screens in stock? Mines bent to shit as i pushed it in instead of screwing it in🤣
I’ve put some up now

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Cheers....do you know when or if you will be getting balls too ? and O rings? I got some o rings but they are black and not as good quality as the ones you supplied.
Only at release on the website. If you need more urgently you can get a set of revolve o-rings and leave a note if you need a different number of the sizes or 7x1 for the heatshield. Zirc balls are available now too

bobothevaper

Damn. This vape looks so interesting. I'm considering it as my on the go vape. I'm an idiot. Can I ask two questions without being told off?

1) Does the body work as a wpa or would I need to source a wpa seperately? Which ones do you use? Could I use dynavap wpas for it fx? Is it the same size? I dream of using it with a j-hook when out.

2) I see it is still a beta. Any word on when it becomes available as a finished product?

Cheers and well done Mr. Maker on this.

Shorner

Only at release on the website. If you need more urgently you can get a set of revolve o-rings and leave a note if you need a different number of the sizes or 7x1 for the heatshield. Zirc balls are available now too
Are they zirconia balls in my tempest? If so what size? November drop.

Shorner,

TedJones

General Disaster

A Country Member
Is there any way of getting alerted when some go on sale on the site or are all the sales finished?

I can never seem to time it right when there is some for sale! 😂
I think the best thing (only thing) to do is monitor this forum daily, and check the MH website too on the same basis. MH seem to be sticking to first come first served, stock being there when it's there, no favouritism, no queues, which seems to me a nice and fair way giving opportunity to us newer members of the Pest Appreciation club!

Ok, I admit it, I'm happy with that cos I got lucky and snagged one last week, and if I hadn't, I'd be complaining that their system isn't fair! 🤣🤣🤣
(Like it's any of my business how they do business! 😉)

For what it's worth, I just got a batch3 last week, set to half bowl, and using the reload g2's screen pusher, essentially a short post, just the right size to fit in the bowl and evenly push the screen, and the screen on mine just plopped into place at the bottom, with firm but gentle hand pressure.
If no Reload, find something that's fairly flat ended about 8mm in diameter and use as a pusher to ease it down to the lower position.
No surprises on my part, worked a treat.

The body does fit into a 14mm but slides down a bit far and might not be the best seal.
I thought the mouthpiece was designed to fit a b10 socket? Am I wrong, or is it that it just catches the walls of a b14 instead of dropping into the glass?

Last edited:
General Disaster,
Reactions: Feyd2blak

General Disaster

A Country Member
Question from a newb, what is the best and easiest to understand device to heat up the Tempest?
Reply from another noob - and by the way, they like us to cluster messages together in one post where possible, and use edit to add more, unless someone else has got in between. No biggie, the mods will explain better than I!

I've got my old VVAP handheld 3-flame butane torch. It was a cheap n' cheerful thing I got when I tried a DV-M last year. It does fine, I have actually managed to heat it up on a tiny one-flame jobbie, it just took longer.

What I am finding though, is there's a lot of difference as to where you direct that flame, and also how long it takes to heat up (though less so than other more convection heavy vapes), so precision on the flame can make a difference, and I'm leaning rapidly towards getting a hated Ispire Wand to use (until MH bring out their IH at some future date). With no other criteria, I'd suggest get something with 2 or 3 flames, that's not too pricey, use it to get a feel for both 'pest and lighter, then decide what will work best as a heat source.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The body does fit into a 14mm but slides down a bit far and might not be the best seal.
Yep, I like the simple/short glass 14mm dyna wpa.
No, this is incorrect. The default mouthpiece fits a 10mm adapter. I can't imagine a 14mm adapter is usable. The glass side can be 14 or 18 depending upon your water piece but the inside diameter should be 10mm.
This is how it looks in a 14mm adapter. I don't have a 10mm to show you but it doesn't slip past the glass...
20240224-110314-resized.jpg

To be clear, this is a 18mm to 14mm reducer, but the point is the inside diameter is for a 14mm device which is too large for the Tempest.

Last edited:
cybrguy,
Top Bottom