The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

TedJones

Maybe @Wyrdrock is on to something here. A Tempest XL coming soon to a session near you! :brow:

Yea, you’re only going to get x amount of volume through a smaller bore compared to TRWW, stunner, dani, anvil(?), and other large ones.

TedJones,

RedZep

I never use the Anvil native, always with glass, so I agree with this, but I can see a wooden sleave that would fit and act like 14mm / 18mm WPA would be an easy aftermarket add on - best of both worlds *shrugs*
We will have a staggering amount of aftermarket stuff to choose from. Already do considering the DV stuff. So it will be beyond easy to use with glass. I took the posters comment to suggest he thinks not having 14mm WPA on the default native stem was some kind of product weakness, as opposed to the obvious truth that it's a choice, and the correct one at that.

Jojofernz

This thing is nuts! Borrowed bicycle to go buy an extra can of gas on the first day lol.
Is that a revolve stem or is this a tempest stem wood piece?

Extremely interested!

And like RedZep said, seems the choice was intentional as the tempest stem cools so incredibly well, would be no point running it through a bong imo. That's why if you wanna run it through a piece, a separate WPA works better and keeps the native stem cleaner.

Jojofernz,
Reactions: boon

HyDrOpOnIc1987

Hey, I'm from Canada and have been keeping an eye on this. I was wondering if there will be Canadian resellers? I'm SO stoked to get my hands on one :)

HyDrOpOnIc1987,
Reactions: Grover

Duba

Accessory Maker
That's normal. I don't think that it's too noticeable as long as you're not doing it on purpose 🙂
Granted, it's a detail that has nothing to do with performance... it's a remark I'm saving for this sharp/picky thread of confirmed enthusiasts:o.
In fact, since we're talking about metal-to-metal contact, I'm often so surprised by the noise that I check to make sure everything's properly fastened together. :rofl:

Being the good stoner that I am, I inserted my Tempest upside down into the Wand and let it warm up for a full cycle.:doh:
I can say (for the sake of science) that it heats up well on this side too. As a result, the black part in the mouthpiece melted.
Is it a replaceable part that can be purchased?

HyDrOpOnIc1987

We are expecting Soothing Vapours to carry the Tempest.
I just heard back from Phil at Soothing Vapours and this is exactly what he said to me regarding the Tempest's coming to Canada. He asked I post this on FC to save him some time of having to pop on and do it himself :)

"Hey Adam,
We are the Canadian distributor for MAD Heaters products and are in regular contact with them. It sounds like the production release will be end of Jan 2024 ‘at the earliest’. Brenyo won’t release these until he is totally happy with the product and things keep popping up that need fixing. He has assured me that we are at the front of the line for when the Tempest becomes available. On a happy note, the order of Reload Gen 2’s that I placed with MH at the end of Nov got here in less than a week! I have been asking customers to let me know their choice of colour scheme and what they will be looking for so that I can be sure to order the right gear as soon as the release is announced.
Hope that answers your question; if not, please let me know and I do my best to get the info you need. Please feel free to share this info for the Canadian folks on FC if you want...it’d save me a pile of typing!
All the best (and merry Christmas!),
Phil"

If this somehow breaks rules, please let me know how I can change it to make it better for the forum as the last thing I want to do is ruffle feathers :) <3

I contacted him BEFORE posting here and getting the response from Zagala, but confirms it completely :) Thanks everyone, I'm too excited for this to be released. I have a modded Weedeater that was gifted to me by a member here, but it will be nice to have a portable ball vape :)

Wylie

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Maybe the Forge (january), I know that BFG is working on a IH, the Camouflet IH, maybe a new Yllvape too?

Hopefully there will be a few options soon. I am hoping if Yllvape don't get a unit together soon maybe madheaters will!

Wylie,

Orvaxxx

Granted, it's a detail that has nothing to do with performance... it's a remark I'm saving for this sharp/picky thread of confirmed enthusiasts:o.
In fact, since we're talking about metal-to-metal contact, I'm often so surprised by the noise that I check to make sure everything's properly fastened together. :rofl:

Being the good stoner that I am, I inserted my Tempest upside down into the Wand and let it warm up for a full cycle.:doh:
I can say (for the sake of science) that it heats up well on this side too. As a result, the black part in the mouthpiece melted.
Happened to me twice, got a lot of black smoke coming of the mouthpiece

Singularity Walker

Sorry and yet thanks for confirming that.
You can't order the Tempest mouthpiece and airflow tubes yet. I imagine after The Tempest releases they will be available.

You can use the Revolve Gen 2 Mouthpiece and DRC or Direct Tube on the Tempest body. The Revolve G2 DRC tube is as close as you can get to the Helix Tube from the Tempest at the moment. The Revolve G2 Direct Tube will essentially be the same in performance if you prefer the direct tube.

Singularity Walker

So you got me to try some pieces out and here is how I see the compatibility between the cooling helix and mouthpiece units (considering the airflow tube and mouthpiece one unit since they have to be matched version).
My initial test with the G2 DRC mouthpiece combo on the Tempest is good. Close call on if I prefer it or the T Helix mouthpiece combo.

Singularity Walker

@Singularity Walker I love me some science (even if its subjective :)
Having a list of which parts fit together and their compatibility isn't so subjective.
On to a very subjective observation, after last night of using the G2 DRC Tube mouthpiece combo on the Tempest, I do prefer it over the T Helix Tube mouthpiece combo. The draw seemed slightly warmer, but I don't know, I felt more in control of it would be the best way I could describe it. Plus no worry of accidentally putting it upside down in an active wand and having it melt/smoke.

Singularity Walker,

RedZep

Having a list of which parts fit together and their compatibility isn't so subjective.
On to a very subjective observation, after last night of using the G2 DRC Tube mouthpiece combo on the Tempest, I do prefer it over the T Helix Tube mouthpiece combo. The draw seemed slightly warmer, but I don't know, I felt more in control of it would be the best way I could describe it. Plus no worry of accidentally putting it upside down in an active wand and having it melt/smoke.
I've been using the direct flow tube last few days also. I like it. I was doing constant RTL hits previously, and found it was too uncomfortable for the Direct tube. But it's really nice otherwise. I also had to lower the airflow at the tip. If it's too open it can be harsh with the Direct flow tube.

RedZep,

Jojofernz

Direct tube been my favorite and keeps the spiral nice and clean

Also tried going full bowl with a coarse grind this morning and was getting a good roast on top, but close to green near the bottom.

What’s the best solution in this case or cause? Wand insert too low? Too high? Heating too high? The way I pull?

Regardless I just switched it back to half bowl and good roast throughout again. I think I am overall preferring half bowl. If I’m running with friends I’ll sometimes just pack us our own bowl and tell them to rip away til it’s gonna rather than passing a full bowl around

RedZep

Direct tube been my favorite and keeps the spiral nice and clean

Also tried going full bowl with a coarse grind this morning and was getting a good roast on top, but close to green near the bottom.

What’s the best solution in this case or cause? Wand insert too low? Too high? Heating too high? The way I pull?

Regardless I just switched it back to half bowl and good roast throughout again. I think I am overall preferring half bowl. If I’m running with friends I’ll sometimes just pack us our own bowl and tell them to rip away til it’s gonna rather than passing a full bowl around
Full bowl till I die

RedZep

Tips for getting a good roast throughout, I want to like it more but feels like I extract more out of two half bowls than one full bowl
I wish I could help but I always had even roast, apart from a couple of times, and I couldn't figure out what I did differently.

Maybe how you draw? I relax my jaw and draw using my lungs. This might create a softer draw maybe. I tend to feather carb to help.

I have wand insert bottom level with the red silicone on the wand.

I heat my bowls from 36-40 seconds from cold.

I pack using the Reload. I don't tamp, but just push in the herb that is around the chamber. But then I'm not pushing it down hard. So my herb is flush with the edge of the bowl. I don't push it down further creating too firm a pack.

I tend to do a hybrid draw now. Not little joint puffs, or one big DTL hit. But instead 3 medium size DTL hits.

I have my tip airflow half closed. I have my stem setting on "Bypass", except I have it half closed off. So bypass mode with half as much air coming through.

Jojofernz

I wish I could help but I always had even roast, apart from a couple of times, and I couldn't figure out what I did differently.

Maybe how you draw? I relax my jaw and draw using my lungs. This might create a softer draw maybe. I tend to feather carb to help.

I have wand insert bottom level with the red silicone on the wand.

I heat my bowls from 36-40 seconds from cold.

I pack using the Reload. I don't tamp, but just push in the herb that is around the chamber. But then I'm not pushing it down hard. So my herb is flush with the edge of the bowl. I don't push it down further creating too firm a pack.

I tend to do a hybrid draw now. Not little joint puffs, or one big DTL hit. But instead 3 medium size DTL hits.

I have my tip airflow half closed. I have my stem setting on "Bypass", except I have it half closed off. So bypass mode with half as much air coming through.
Thanks for this! I seem to have some similar settings. I think it could be my wand insert and temp I need to play with, because I found more consistent roasts with torch so my wand may be off.

What is your wand temp setting and do you go to timeout?

Jojofernz,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

Thanks for this! I seem to have some similar settings. I think it could be my wand insert and temp I need to play with, because I found more consistent roasts with torch so my wand may be off.

What is your wand temp setting and do you go to timeout?
I just have wand temp on max, and I manually time my hits with my watch. Then I turn oof the wand manually once I've took the Tempest out. I prefer the extra control this gives. Quite often I have multiple strains going and they are always a bit different. Some strain like an extra couple seconds, some don't. Also it allows me to mix it up with RTL, lower temps on the fly. Sometimes I don't know what I fancy until the thing is on the wand.

Probably not for everyone. I'm used to timing tea sessions, and pour over coffee like this anyway, so it suits me more. I like maximum control.

leanpubpackage

I’m on the same boat, which is why I only use the half bowl.

Convection generally prefers a shallow bowl from my experience.

Maybe try heating lower to get added conduction to the bowl?

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Is that a revolve stem or is this a tempest stem wood piece?
It's a wooden sleeve from Azzwood customs, but I still have cooling helix and air hole. So basically same, except I got no radiator sleeve. Need to try it with stock parts...

BushRanger,

Grover

Retailer
We are expecting Soothing Vapours to carry the Tempest.
All we are waiting for (oh so patiently!) is the green light from Brenyo. We are currently building a list of interested customers and their preferred colour schemes/orders...we want to ensure that we order the right gear so our peeps get exactly what they want and no-one is left out in the cold. This is gonna be one helluva party once these wunder-vapes hit the Great White North!!

Top Bottom