The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

shadymilkman

The videos of PhatPiggie showed a normal looking stem - Will the diameter of the tempest bowl will fit in rev.2?

shadymilkman,

RedZep

Bravo on the design decision to have 0.15g bowl size. The standard 0.1g bowl these types of vapes usually have has been holding them back imo. Once you have an extended heat cycle due to rubies, it makes perfect sense to go for a larger bowl.

This is honestly one of my main reasons for hype. It's huge. Means I can get dosed in two bowls, compared to 3 with other similar devices.

RedZep

Never understood measuring a bowl size in mass (when it varies strain to strain, and even moisture content day to day) instead of volume.. practically speaking its just a really odd way of gauging the bowl size.
Yeah there is always variability. If I know the Tempest will on average fit 50% more herb than a Dynavap, then I'm very happy. I know some producers give a range for the reasons you mentioned.

TboneToker

This could easily compete outside of the artisan space and with the likes of Dynavap, Anvil, and BFG. It has the level of fit, finish, and functionality one expects from a mass market vape. Nothing wrong with the more slimmed down and manual TA, but this looks to be on another level with features I would want from companies like Dynavap, Vestratto, and BFG.
BFG is from Doom Eternal

fingers crossed this thing gets released prior to Australian laws muddying the water thanks to nicotine devices, any word on a possible release date fam?

Devil.bird,

OGablogian

AKA Probeer
I've been wanting to make some improvements on my DIY IH, so I'm thinking .. why not also make it compatible with the Tempest. Seems like a great idea to me.

Inside diameter of my glass insert is 14mm, so im good on that.

But I'm wondering about the insertion dept, which is a lot deeper than with a DV cap. With a simple adjustable screw, I'm able to set my depth (the centre of the height of my coil) to 0,5-1,5 mm measured from the end of a DV cap. Could you perhaps share what that minimum-maximum ie range should be for the tempest (measured from the top of the eh, well, ball-injector-cap)? To be able to achieve both the lower-temp hits, and those big 1-hit per bowl rips?

Last edited:
OGablogian,

Pgnciousd

Just getting into the meat of this thread. First one in a while to have piqued my interest.

I have used my original run of PhatPiggie's TA, in rotation with my Anvil. Absolutely a treat to use with only a few critiques.

Can't wait to hear more, might be my next toy as we get more detail!

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
How does tempest will roll out @Brenyo ? Is there a preorder list we can subscribe?
my presence on FC (my only social network) is intermittent nowadays but i do not want to miss this

Andreaerdna,

Maschine

Had an eye on the revolve and TA for a while now but this seems even better. I have a few questions before I sign up for the news letter because a total newbie to such kind of vapes.

- Can I use this stem interchangeable like the revolve 2 with a TM2 when using this wood adapter somebody in the UK sells? And even if not, is it like "modular" e.g. the heating cap by piggy can be changed if broken or when the stem is damaged I get spare parts? and when the VAS hits me I can buy more pretty things?
- Is it true that up to this moment there is no (induction) heater that can fit this vape out of the box so I would have to use a torch lighter for now?
-Is there something like a warranty or can you repair things if needed?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I missed some info!

Maschine,
Top Bottom