The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

Ive just had my wake and bake which usually is the tinymight2. Used the twmpest instead it defo gets bigger hits which surprises you everytime because of the footprint size 🤔
Accurate insight. Hadn't thought of that. The clouds to vape size ratio on this one is bordering on absurdity.

RedZep,
Reactions: RxPlorer

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Aye just like that. Not checking the temp on the indicator. Just puffing until vapour. I don't think I'll do this with flower bowl reloads. But with a large hash bowl it makes perfect sense, as you maybe only need to notch it up another 10 degrees C for the hash to be extracting again. Large hash bowls just go on forever.
Ever since you posted this I have been experimenting with the Anvil and my Dynavaps and recording timings and number of draws and feeling with bowls of straight hash, some compressed resin, some rosin.... all to get ideas so I can compare it with Tempest when it happens :) I think taking on for the team like you did to really quantify the differences it important :p

Accurate insight. Hadn't thought of that. The clouds to vape size ratio on this one is bordering on absurdity.
I love hearing this, I'm looking forwards to seeing if I can get even close to the video that Phattpiggie shared, that was very cool. I would like to try a bit of Rosin to try as well, I would expect the bowl to go on forever.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

Ever since you posted this I have been experimenting with the Anvil and my Dynavaps and recording timings and number of draws and feeling with bowls of straight hash, some compressed resin, some rosin.... all to get ideas so I can compare it with Tempest when it happens :) I think taking on for the team like you did to really quantify the differences it important :p

I love hearing this, I'm looking forwards to seeing if I can get even close to the video that Phattpiggie shared, that was very cool. I would like to try a bit of Rosin to try as well, I would expect the bowl to go on forever.
That's kind. But I don't think I have took one for the team in any regard so to speak. I see it as a privilege to test such a highly sought after vape early. Good idea to test your Dynavaps in preparation. I have a feeling you might find any comparisons moot to be honest. My first insight with Tempest was pretty much that comparing it to a Dyna was just unfair to the Dyna. They are only similar in form factor. But the actual tech, function and capabilities set them apart as being entirely different vapes imo.

I did the hash technique again last night with even better results. Instead of removing Wand when it was giving out vapour, I left it a little longer until the vapour r was nice and thick. Hash has a higher combustion point, so it's something to bear in mind.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
That's kind. But I don't think I have took one for the team in any regard so to speak. I see it as a privilege to test such a highly sought after vape early.
I was playing as you joked about testing at lunch instead of working :p

I did the hash technique again last night with even better results. Instead of removing Wand when it was giving out vapour, I left it a little longer until the vapour r was nice and thick. Hash has a higher combustion point, so it's something to bear in mind.
Yep, very curious about this technique, it sounds ideal.

My first insight with Tempest was pretty much that comparing it to a Dyna was just unfair to the Dyna. They are only similar in form factor. But the actual tech, function and capabilities set them apart as being entirely different vapes imo.
I understand, but I am still curious to see if myself and in the mean time, I am like I said just, forming something to compare against

VapingYogi,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

I understand, but I am still curious to see if myself and in the mean time, I am like I said just, forming something to compare against
Ahh of course 😁 I suppose I did take one for the team in that regard!

I think it's a good idea. You will have a better idea to the Tempest's strengths when it arrives. Reminds me of comparative tasting sessions for tea, or wine. Sometimes you compare two things that ostensibly are not in the same quality class, and it provides lots of value.

Ahh of course 😁 I suppose I did take one for the team in that regard!

I think it's good. You will have a better idea to the Tempests strangest when it arrives. Reminds me of comparative tasting sessions for tea, or wine. Sometimes you compare two things that ostensibly are not in the same quality class, and it provides lots of value.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Just straight hash. I don't like to sandwich hash as flower fully extracts faster. Tempest works great with vape cotton. Airflow still feels great. I always found the airflow in TM2 suffered a lot with vape cotton and expected the same here. So a pleasant surprise.
I haven't used vape cotton, I usually do bottom layer of flower, but I think I might get some to try out of curiosity. Cheers.

stuwyatt

The Tempest head is the same diameter connection as dynavaps so if you already have a dyna adapter, the Tempest head should work with it. I've used it with the bonger for instance.
I don't know why but I assumed the stem was a larger diameter. This is fantastic news, as I have a few dynavap bong adapters.

stuwyatt,

leanpubpackage

How thin is the stainless steel on the head? In Brenyo’s video, the metal turned pretty red using a torch and patinas like it’s thin

leanpubpackage,

RedZep

I already have one picked :) but I'm still most excited about this natively.
Native is king. Top notch experience.

I would be interested in a minimalist WPA tip though. Just to stick on a j-hook and leave it there. I would still mostly use the native one most though.

RedZep,
Reactions: endof3d

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Native is king. Top notch experience.

I would be interested in a minimalist WPA tip though. Just to stick on a j-hook and leave it there. I would still mostly use the native one most though.
That's why I picked my little Ed's TNT wooden WPA - I have one with an Anvil USA either on it (I have a second Ed's TNT WPA spare so side by side comparisons for me (eventually)) or I put the Anvil USA on my Revolve Gen 2 / glass sleave (side by side again)... its just cause I have them already - otherwise it would just be silly.

@RedZep I took your idea of hash with the Tempest and figured out a reheat method for the Anvil to keep it close to temp for a longer period of time (not concerned with the actual temp and the whole anvil click disks - just if it produced vapor) and it was WAY too uncomfortable to do without doing it though a WPA, natively it was uncomfortable. So I ended up putting the Anvil on the WPA and on a Prophet and it was still uncomfortable (but doable) - I haven't tried it with the Revolve Gen 2 yet,

Truth, Tempest - Native - is what I want to be king, I want to just have it, a wand or a torch and my Reload... that would make me happy (assuming its even close to my overactive imagination)

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: Nebelmann

RedZep

That's why I picked my little Ed's TNT wooden WPA - I have one with an Anvil USA either on it (I have a second Ed's TNT WPA spare so side by side comparisons for me (eventually)) or I put the Anvil USA on my Revolve Gen 2 / glass sleave (side by side again)... its just cause I have them already - otherwise it would just be silly.

@RedZep I took your idea of hash with the Tempest and figured out a reheat method for the Anvil to keep it close to temp for a longer period of time (not concerned with the actual temp just if it produced vapor) and it was WAY too uncomfortable to do without doing it though a WPA, natively it was uncomfortable.

Truth, Native is what I want to be king, I want to just have it, a wand or a torch and my Reload... that would make me happy (assuming its even close to my overactive imagination)
Nice. All this talk of WPA's just made me realize I have a BB3 Dynavap stem in my drawer. I'll try all glass j-hook set up tonight. It's not ideal as bb3 is a 10mm WPA, so airflow will be affected some. But should still be interesting.

If it helps I had crazy high expectations of Tempest, but it turned out better than my imagination. So no need for fear there I think.

RedZep,
Top Bottom