Discontinued The Sublimator

CG420

Over the horizon u can see the edges of the Earth
Just got my belkin watt meter today. The thing is nice and I got it for 20 bucks (a steal) instead of retail price. My max wattage is 51 now. Won't go any higher. I've only had the Sub for about a week or so. When it dips lower I am sending this thing back in for a new one. Anybody getting the same output like me?

CG420,

grokit

well-worn member
The heater on mine actually seems to be getting hotter :o

I used to run around 33 watts for herb, now it's closer to 31.

grokit,

Monsoon

I use a single Sub screen in my atomizer that's stuck around the top rim which works fine for flowers but when I use bubble I drop a second screen on top which keeps the bottom one clean. Bubble is amazing it it, a few granules delivers 2-3 lung fulls until it's spent.

Monsoon,

Tommii

Subdivision Founder / Sublimator Ambassador
I'm holding an unofficial Sublimator Seminar today until 9pm pst

Anyone can cam up to toke with us!

Action cam to take close up shots of people getting sublimated

Where you can learn my tips and tricks and sublimate! We're running our show until 9pm pst!

Http://www.tinychat.com/subdivision

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Just got my belkin watt meter today. The thing is nice and I got it for 20 bucks (a steal) instead of retail price. My max wattage is 51 now. Won't go any higher. I've only had the Sub for about a week or so. When it dips lower I am sending this thing back in for a new one. Anybody getting the same output like me?
The heater on mine actually seems to be getting hotter :o

I used to run around 33 watts for herb, now it's closer to 31.

a heads up on my heater. still haven't sent it in.
i stopped turning it off after the performance dropped and it started steadily climbing back up in terms of watts. it was down to 37 at max and now it's back up to 43.5 and that is hot enough for combustion again. still gonna keep running it at max (ish - i leave it at about 40-41) 'til it dies.

Last edited:

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Other than for the sake of doing 'burn-off' cleans, I personally won't be concerned about wattage drops until it affects my usage range of 34-40 watts

** So, nobody has had issues removing the tube from the base or lid from a full kit ?

smokum,

grokit

well-worn member
** So, nobody has had issues removing the tube from the base or lid from a full kit ?

Like you I made a half-hearted attempt to remove it, and it seems cemented in. I was going to try dripping iso into the base from the outside of the tube but haven't gotten around to it yet. The fact that the unit unscrews from the base put the project on the back burner unless I decide to switch it out.

Last edited:
grokit,

Tommii

Like you I made a half-hearted attempt to remove it, and it seems cemented in. I was going to try dripping iso into the base from the outside of the tube but haven't gotten around to it yet. The fact that the unit unscrews from the base put the project on the back burner unless I decide to switch it out.

I pulled it out barehanded no problemo. It's ok to pull it out the base

Last edited:
Tommii,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
This thing is an oil making machine! Dabs anyone?? This is the stuff that used to get smeared all over my glass when pulling the sub out to empty the load... I dab it on a slick pad and collect that gooey rich goodness :)

9M8juXU.jpg

Then just collect it up, it looks pretty dark when it's all together, but smear it and it has a golden red tone

XWLKuN1.jpg

Last edited:

Liberty

Thanks guys. One more (maybe dumb) question: where do you guys get your metal tools for dabbing and scooping? Thanks.

Liberty,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
I was going to try dripping iso into the base from the outside of the tube but haven't gotten around to it yet. The fact that the unit unscrews from the base put the project on the back burner unless I decide to switch it out.
Hi grokit, please do not use ISO on the plastic tube, it will most likely crack it. You can use some mild liquid dish soap and warm water to clean the plastic tube and also drip it into the base from the outside of the tube to try making tube removal easier.
PV

jambandphan03

in flavor country
one thing I'm noticing with the sub, regarding wattage/temp fluctuations, I really do think ambient room temp effects how hot the atomizer is getting. We were leaving the window open with a fan on, so the air was moving across my desk and I had to keep the heater set closer to 34/35 watts to keep the atomizer warm enough. Since it has gotten cooler outside, we have been closing the window and turning on some low heat, now the air around my desk is more stagnate and warmer, so 30/31watts seems almost too hot now.

Liberty

Thanks. I found those same ones, but wasn't sure they were what everyone is using.

I just ordered a Sublimator Adapt-A-Sub (18mm). I will be using it with my Blaze Glass Stemless Bent Neck Disc Diffused Tube.

One thing I'm not sure about: does the Sublimate drip into the water (in the water in your glass) if you leave the Atomizer sitting in the glass?

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liberty,

grokit

well-worn member
You'll want to add a reclaimer for use with the blaze bong. There is the custom sublimator one that has a removable catch-bowl for $80, and the $50 vxc cloud buddy works well for me. But I am definitely getting more use out of my dry launchtube anyways, which needs no reclaimer. Both the cloud buddy and the blaze bong will be relegated to cloud use when the evo arrives, as I have recently noticed that I am getting a lot more efficiency hitting the sub dry. For dry vapor the sublimator is king, long live the king!

Tweek

I love my shorty launch tube. I have to agree with others who have stated in the past, that it just feels more stable and proper in the base. As PV mentioned, ISO is not a good idea...seems this is not a solvent resistant plastic that is used.

grokit

well-worn member
I love my shorty launch tube. I have to agree with others who have stated in the past, that it just feels more stable and proper in the base. As PV mentioned, ISO is not a good idea...seems this is not a solvent resistant plastic that is used.

What about the chambered hit effect, what differences do you notice with the much smaller volume?

Last edited:
grokit,
Reactions: Tweek

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I'm finding the full length tube difficult to milk with the small hits of material 'I' use for my lung capability and heat setting (may be different with dabs), This is why I want to change to the shorty to try and will attempt to separate the large tube from the base and lid with warm soapy water tonite to separate the damn thing (?) because I installed it dry and cock tight & that bitch won't budge on it's own :doh::cuss::disgust: and I'm sure to break it if I try any more force than I already have :argh:

grokit

well-worn member
I'm finding the full length tube difficult to milk with the small hits of material 'I' use for my lung capability and heat setting (may be different with dabs), This is why I want to change to the shorty to try and will attempt to separate the large tube from the base and lid with warm soapy water tonite to separate the damn thing (?) because I installed it dry and cock tight & that bitch won't budge on it's own :doh::cuss::disgust: and I'm sure to break it if I try any more force than I already have :argh:

Yeah I wish I had added some coconut oil when I assembled mine as a kind of anti-seize.

When I am hitting my tube, I just fill it to the top with vapor but don't take any in. Then I exhale and draw it all in, that's the only way I can take in my tiny .1g hits at once and end up with a cleared chamber.

Tommii

Not much difference, outside of it being easier and faster to milk vs a full tube. I was able to pause and share with guests, and still maintain good vapour and flavour.

One of the first things i thought of was that the tube is gonna be way too hard to clear which is why i went directly into glass! Aqua glass still treating me well, getting a customer recycler soon!

Tweek

One of the first things i thought of was that the tube is gonna be way too hard to clear which is why i went directly into glass! Aqua glass still treating me well, getting a customer recycler soon!

I have the short tube...not hard to clear at all. The long tube, always looked like it took more effort though.

Tweek,
Top Bottom