Discontinued The Sublimator

Monsoon

A quick ? for sub owners....does the sublimate dab very easily in the side inlets?

Yes it does but you have to make sure the oil is right on the end of the tip, you have maybe 2mm of room depending on your dabber. If you really need more than that, you can add herb/bubble to the bowl and/or do multiple dabs through the other holes.

grokit

well-worn member
2. What I did was slightly dome the screen and push it in the hole. Then I pushed it from the bottom with a pen to align it with the first ledge and it's been stuck there ever since. I personally prefer it this way and if it wasn't stuck there I'm sure someone by now (even me) would have filled it without the screen resulting in an impromptu cleaning session.

I'm calling beginner's luck :nope:;)!

I messed around with it for another hour today,
and finally after another disassembly my efforts paid off.
SANY0133.JPG

It's level, it's as high as possible, and it's not going anywhere.
At least it better not if it know what's good for it! :whip:

I believe I could stir a bigger load without the grill changing position, but I'm just going to keep doing measured doses so no need to risk it. It's in there pretty solid though, and I don't think any particles worth worrying about will get through.

SANY0143.JPG

I also upgraded my rock to something a little more polished :spliff:

edit: C-Weed, any idea of the price difference for a ti adapt-a-bong compared to the ss?

Last edited:

C-weed

Robeirt said that he could not be very specific...but i asked him to guestimate and he did...and i say guestimate....$75 to $100. but like i said ,this thing is still being beta tested,and there are no guarantees. but i can say that he was bragging big time about how much more efficient it was in terms of weight and heat/cool times.He also said that the taste was in fact superior.

Brayden

the dank one
Robeirt said that he could not be very specific...but i asked him to guestimate and he did...and i say guestimate....$75 to $100. but like i said ,this thing is still being beta tested,and there are no guarantees. but i can say that he was bragging big time about how much more efficient it was in terms of weight and heat/cool times.He also said that the taste was in fact superior.

You have put a seed into my head C-weed that shall only become larger and larger and larger. I want this thing very badly now as well. If theres something out there that in some way could possibly be better than what im using now, I want it. Hope its out soon

Brayden,

C-weed

lol....yeah im very excited as well. just try to keep in mind that it will be at least 3 to 4 months. All opinions expressed are just that opinions.But i must say that they are in fact.. .the opinions of a very reputable employee of planet vape. and yes he actually has access the very beast that we covet. so.....fwiw.

C-weed,

Paul 8888

I don't believe the TI sub would taste better than SS almost all medical devices are SS, Pots and pans are SS The vats that make beer are SS no one has said any of these SS items ruin the taste

whada yu think?

Paul 8888,

C-weed

Titanium is actually an element of the periodic chart....so i dont acually know, but it seems to me that one might actually be able to obtain a cleaner flavor...if you will. but, like i said, this is based on the opinion of someone who has tried the TI sub not my own opinions. im just a sucker for anything titanium, because i know just exactly how strong the stuff is.

C-weed,

grokit

well-worn member
I don't have any direct experience with it, but dabbers generally seem to prefer ti nails to glass, and american ti to chinese ti because of purity.

grokit,

C-weed

and just to clear up...i have never heard anything but GREAT things about the SS. Its just that..over years of use, the thermal efficiency would tickle me to know that im saving electricity.

C-weed,

grokit

well-worn member
Would you really save power? It seems like if it cools down faster it would require the heat to be applied more constantly, albeit less at a time because it heats up faster as well.

Note: I do not have any formal education in thermal dynamics!

C-weed

seems to make sense to me...if you can reach a desired temp faster...a one hitter quitter like me, could be done for the night in no time...and i dont know about heat retention. very valid point.

C-weed,

grokit

well-worn member
I left my sub on overnight once and when I went for a dose the next day it combusted:puke:

I have noticed before that it needs to be backed off a bit if left on, but evidently it wasn't enough :whoa:

grokit,

Paul 8888

Well . . . as far as the amount of power used with a sub . . most people run the sub with 30 to 34 Watts or so . . . this is like using a lightbulb of the same power a 30 watt bulb is about the lowest rated "appliance" in our homes. Doesn't compare to TVs electric stoves room heaters etc. It only uses 30 or so watts to heat up material I think SS is up to the task. By the way it takes a lot of heat to make a TI nail glow white hot . . . for dabs.

Paul 8888,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Well . . . as far as the amount of power used with a sub . . most people run the sub with 30 to 34 Watts or so . . . this is like using a lightbulb of the same power a 30 watt bulb is about the lowest rated "appliance" in our homes. Doesn't compare to TVs electric stoves room heaters etc. It only uses 30 or so watts to heat up material I think SS is up to the task. By the way it takes a lot of heat to make a TI nail glow white hot . . . for dabs.

good point on the power draw, paul. i'm not an electrician so i'll take your word for it ;)

on the ti glowing, it seems a moot point as no one hits their nail at red hot (who knows what they are doing) much less white hot. dabbers get their nail to red so that they know it's hot enough, but wait for it to cool enough so that the oil isn't scorched. i am sure that the titan gets hit all day w/out ever needing to be even red hot. same w/ taking dabs out of the apollo.

I don't believe the TI sub would taste better than SS almost all medical devices are SS, Pots and pans are SS The vats that make beer are SS no one has said any of these SS items ruin the taste

whada yu think?
fully disagree. vats aren't running the same temperatures, i don't think. pots and pans are of a variety of quality of SS and some do transfer taste.
talk to chefs who use ceramic blades instead of steel to maintain the veggies flavor w/out metal ions changing the flavor. i can tell i am taking dabs off of SS vs. the normal Ti i have been using for years by taste. even tho in some ways it's better due to exacting control over the temperature/power draw. if you can't taste it, then you should be fine w/ the SS version

EDiT - just got done talking w/ the wife you mentions how even medical grade stainless breaks down over time, just from being autoclaved at less than 300 deg. F

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
I destroyed another long time smoker last night. You're welcome, Sub nation. :cool:

Yes! My combustion friends never understood my enthusiasm for the silver surfer even though they thought it hit well enough "for a vaporizer". The sublimator has impressed everyone that has come in contact with it.

"This is the first vaporizer I've tried that really hits like a bong" is a common theme.

And it really does, when using a bong with liquid.
My one-hitters in the Blaze have basically doubled in size vs. the Launchpad tube:
SANY0144.JPG

Still perfect full-spectrum extraction with the new grill strategy.
:bigleaf:

Last edited:

Tweek

With regards to the TI version, there will still be a cooked tasted from the conduction aspect, but I am definitely interested in trying it out. Lots of other great benefits beyond taste, as already pointed out.

grokit

well-worn member
The only fly in the ointment, so to speak, in my usage is the 14mm ptfe bushing. It doesn't sit stable in either their launchpad base or in my standardized 14/18mm gong bushing. I think that the taper needs to be revised so it's not so narrow at the bottom of it. I have been considering adding teflon plumber's tape to thicken the bottom and stabilize it. Has anybody else noticed this issue?

grokit,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Quick question can the ABV from the sub be used for cooking (for example) or is it all used up?
that all really depends on how hot you run your sub, if your ABV has some gold/green color to it, then it is more likely to have actives left in it, than if it was almost black, so I think that is one factor. I keep my ABV and make butter with it, it is a med brown with some variation of light and dark, makes for a more mellow body experience that helps me sleep/relax.

C-weed

Is there any reason that a 14mm would be advantageous over the 18mm? i can only imagine air restriction, and cant imagine wanting anything but the 18mm.I am going to speak with robert once PV returns from summer shut down....and hopefully will have chosen the ss with the option trade, or just to wait on the Ti version.I am definately going with the sublimator version not the adapt a bong..as i do not want to ruin my mobius. I am fairly certain that the sub will soon be available in many tube options.I also believe that one tube has a reclaimer as well.I am hoping for a glass straight tube with the sipping lid/cap.

edit: sorry to be vague...when referring to 14/18mm i am referring to the sub atomizer size...sorry.

C-weed,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
the stem size will be the same with both the 14 and 18mm on the sub, the teflon piece that connects to the glass will be different sized. On the glass though, I'm not sure if it makes a huge difference with airflow, or not. Personally, I like the 14mm because I can set it into my 14/18 reducer and let it warm up and expand inside that piece, solving any issues of sticking/expanding in the joint of the piece. You do have to keep an eye on the reducer if you let it cool it will slip off, and mine gets oily after some use so I clean it regularly. Either way my sub likes to make the entire lower portion, from the teflon down, get covered in an oil film that builds up. It's just part of the experience, having it in the "buddy" adapter. I've been reclaiming that oil, and it's amazing.

Last edited:
jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

hassan

Connoisseur
Other than the first couple of days, I've been using the Sub with water in the bong (barring the ash catcher the Atomizer sits in) for over a month - I don't really remember the dry experience enough to make a reliable comparison - but I do like that in adding water I am using the ten-arm and eight-arm percolators in my bong - it would be such a waste otherwise.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
update on screens

so after trying many of the suggested variations i have settled on my setup.
my goal was easy of use combined w/ how infrequently they required cleaning.
EDiT - i also wanted easy of draw, i.e. little restriction and effectiveness

i am still using the ultra fine screen set in the lower section
and in the upper i have chosen the iolite double ultrafine screen (it is double thick, 2 ultrafine screens woven together.

i have used this setup for 3-4 days straight now and haven't had to clean either of them and the lower screen looks fresh as a new daisy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom