The "Stunner"

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Mine came in today, I forgot to add a wpa to the order, luckily this divine tribe attachment works for now. I’m pretty surprised by this thing…as the owner of 2 anvils, I’m thinking I should have diversified sooner haha.

I really love how well it works with the wand too…800 till it times out is perfect for full extraction in a jhook
Suprised you huh😂

tinctorus,
  • Love
Reactions: Jah75

jespar45

Mine should be here this evening. I don’t need to clean it first, right? Saw he was putting them through ultrasonic before sending.
That was my thinking as well. I've done a few bowls with no issues so far so my guess is it's not needed.

jespar45,
Reactions: TedJones

TedJones

Alright, this thing is impressive 😲 Bit of learning to it (back to spinning :rolleyes:), but dialing it in 2nd day. I've yet to experience a "harsh" native pull. Perfect bowl size and love the huge mouthpiece with big bore! Agree about the carbon stem being good with heat and the blunt references. I'm calling the Fusion more like a tight(er) joint now :cool:Tried the long wood Dani stem initially, but that got hot. Really wish that intercooler would have fit into the carbon. Not that it needs cooling, but to keep particles out of the throat. No prob though as I domed a 10mm screen, got it finessed a bit in the end, then used the mouthpiece to push it in like SO.

The red o-rings on the bowl seem to just a bit to thin and it can shake in there sometimes. Hard to unscrew the cap if it's spinning with it. I swapped out the ones that came installed which helped, and I found by gently twisting it in helps too. Maybe some usage is needed for the stem to adjust? Did combust using the high flow with water for the first run .. stupidly tried a 2 step heating technique that was overkill. A tolerable bad rip at least, lol.

Dumb ? What's the easiest way to remove the thick screen holding the balls in place? It's in there good and I've only tried gently lifting it/moving it with a poker.

Bababouy

Alright, this thing is impressive 😲 Bit of learning to it (back to spinning :rolleyes:), but dialing it in 2nd day. I've yet to experience a "harsh" native pull. Perfect bowl size and love the huge mouthpiece with big bore! Agree about the carbon stem being good with heat and the blunt references. I'm calling the Fusion more like a tight(er) joint now :cool:Tried the long wood Dani stem initially, but that got hot. Really wish that intercooler would have fit into the carbon. Not that it needs cooling, but to keep particles out of the throat. No prob though as I domed a 10mm screen, got it finessed a bit in the end, then used the mouthpiece to push it in like SO.

The red o-rings on the bowl seem to just a bit to thin and it can shake in there sometimes. Hard to unscrew the cap if it's spinning with it. I swapped out the ones that came installed which helped, and I found by gently twisting it in helps too. Maybe some usage is needed for the stem to adjust? Did combust using the high flow with water for the first run .. stupidly tried a 2 step heating technique that was overkill. A tolerable bad rip at least, lol.

Dumb ? What's the easiest way to remove the thick screen holding the balls in place? It's in there good and I've only tried gently lifting it/moving it with a poker.
Maybe round nose pliers?

Just finally managed to combust, also pushing the limit with a freshly filled torch with my first twax

Loving this thing

tinctorus

Accessory Maker

I use snap ring pliers to thread them down but you can also use fine point tweezers or pliers

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
... Did combust using the high flow with water for the first run .. stupidly tried a 2 step heating technique that was overkill. A tolerable bad rip at least, lol.

If you're planning to remove the screen holding the balls to deep clean because of the combustion, I might just try soaking the entire tip in iso for a while (remove the o-rings) then a bit of soapy water and a rinse. Should do the trick.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
If you're planning to remove the screen holding the balls to deep clean because of the combustion, I might just try soaking the entire tip in iso for a while (remove the o-rings) then a bit of soapy water and a rinse. Should do the trick.
Yeah it's not necessary to take the screen out for cleaning, just toss the whole head on iso and let it soak, I toss it in while it's hot for a bit of help, then just shake out the iso and let it dry or torch it dry as long as it's not full of iso 😂😂

TedJones

I did throw that cap in iso after combusting. Pre heat is a good idea for next time. The normal cap’s screen was in a bit crooked & not far down enough (still functional though). I managed to twist it out with some sharp wire cutters & umph. Couldn’t get it back in at all, so stopped fighting it and a 1/2 mesh will snuggle up there nicely with some practice. Tried some 3.5mm zirc for grin’s but will be putting the 3’s back in :tup:

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I did throw that cap in iso after combusting. Pre heat is a good idea for next time. The normal cap’s screen was in a bit crooked & not far down enough (still functional though). I managed to twist it out with some sharp wire cutters & umph. Couldn’t get it back in at all, so stopped fighting it and a 1/2 mesh will snuggle up there nicely with some practice. Tried some 3.5mm zirc for grin’s but will be putting the 3’s back in :tup:
Sometimes they can be a little tricky but the screens should thread down in the cap,

alex0801

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue: all of a sudden, my screens are crazy loose and won’t snap into the bottom of the bowl. They just fall out if I turn it over. I got my device a week ago. Literally thought to myself wow I love how easy it is to put the screen in… just locks in right where I need much easier than dynavap ccd, for instance. I’ve gone through a few screens combusting and all fit the same.

Now today I combust, pop the screen out into the garbage, soak the bowl in iso and rinse it, and now the same sized screens just fall out. Tried like 5 of them, aftermarket and the ones provided with the stunner. None will stay in enough to use it at all. Wondering if I could’ve somehow popped off a piece of the metal and didn’t notice, but that sounds too weird to happen this quick. I know I could just get bigger screens and jam them in there, but that’s not the point. How is this possible? 😂

alex0801,

Bababouy

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue: all of a sudden, my screens are crazy loose and won’t snap into the bottom of the bowl. They just fall out if I turn it over. I got my device a week ago. Literally thought to myself wow I love how easy it is to put the screen in… just locks in right where I need much easier than dynavap ccd, for instance. I’ve gone through a few screens combusting and all fit the same.

Now today I combust, pop the screen out into the garbage, soak the bowl in iso and rinse it, and now the same sized screens just fall out. Tried like 5 of them, aftermarket and the ones provided with the stunner. None will stay in enough to use it at all. Wondering if I could’ve somehow popped off a piece of the metal and didn’t notice, but that sounds too weird to happen this quick. I know I could just get bigger screens and jam them in there, but that’s not the point. How is this possible? 😂

Ran into the same issue with a few of my screens. I frayed the edges of the screen lightly with my finger so they can grip the edge of the bowl and that resolved it for me.

TedJones

I kind of like how the screen falls out each time I dump a bowl. More abv falls out after it, can blow out any more in the stem, and a chance to scrape the screen. I’m “doming” screens for this & the Dani’s alike to give a little space at the bore entrance too 🤷‍♂️

TedJones,

alex0801

The maker tells me some screens of the wrong size got mixed in, so makes sense now. Interesting idea, intentionally removing the screens after every bowl. I like to be able to just blow into my trash can lol

alex0801,
Reactions: Photonic

TedJones

Yea, it’s a minor inconvenience, but worth it imo. I dump onto a piece of cardboard, then blowout into trash, then pop the screen back in.

TedJones,

2pumpchump

I kind of like how the screen falls out each time I dump a bowl. More abv falls out after it, can blow out any more in the stem, and a chance to scrape the screen. I’m “doming” screens for this & the Dani’s alike to give a little space at the bore entrance too 🤷‍♂️
no inverted dome lol

The maker tells me some screens of the wrong size got mixed in, so makes sense now. Interesting idea, intentionally removing the screens after every bowl. I like to be able to just blow into my trash can lol
I was reading and starting to wonder if the new units had a bigger bowl till I got to post...

Hear is a 2 tread for 1 deal for everyone https://wesleypipesandmore.com/product/frieday-the-13th-bundle/

TODAY ONLY SALE!!!!

EgoMantis

Wanted to see if anyone else has had the same problem as me and found a solution. My stunner is to loose to fit in any stem. I have tried my Dani Fusion and High Artisian and the thing will just fall out. Tried o-rings from 1mm up to 2mm thickness and none worked. The 1.5 and 2mm o rings will not stay in the groove as it is machined for a 1mm o ring.

The couple times I tried it was pretty awesome but you have to hold it perfectly vertical. Hope I can figure out a solution as this thing is pretty awesome. Any chance you could do a run an mirror the dimensions of the fusion tip where it connects to the stem?

EgoMantis,
Top Bottom