The Sports Thread

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, that WAS very cool. At first I thought it was completely mechanical (hard to believe) and then I thought it might be an animation (rip off for the crowd), but when I saw the guys in black operating it the cool factor went way up..

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I didn't have any technical difficulties. Not only did they not FEED THE BEAST, but I think he was open up top for a fade pass. I couldn't believe they opted for a slant on the goal line. Welcome to my world Seahawk fans.

Oh Pete.....

Great game though.

lwien

Nobody expected that pass (good call in this respect), except for the rookie that didn't know any better!

All sports is a game of odds. They had 3 downs to make a few yards. Lynch averages 4 yards a carry. What would be the odds of Lynch making it in with 3 tries along with having a time out to spend versus a pass over the middle where most all of the defenders were located. Hell, if you're going to pass, why not pass out in the flats instead? Makes absolutely no sense at all even knowing that Seattle was keying on Lynch.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Truth is they would never have been on the 1 yd line were it not for that "Circus" catch by Kearse. So it was awful that they made this terrible mistake in play calling, but it was only a miracle that a win was possible at that moment. I know that only reduces the pain a scoatch, but still...

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Rest in Peace
DeanS1.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
Last edited:

ctxgooner

gooner
Can one of you fine Oregon folk please come and get Chip Kelly's ass out of Philadelphia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I fear for the mans safety
Fortunately I live in Texas and cant get my hands on him at the moment :bang:

lwien

Yeah, I was rooting for the Badgers too simply because Duke has been there so many times.

Some fantastic basketball was played though. Some of those passes were insane.....

Rush520

Im a football and soccer man(yes im a red blooded american :lol:) but there really is nothing better than playoff overtime hockey :tup:
Man I'm glad I wasn't the only one here with that sentiment. I too grew up on football and soccer and I love them. But there's nothing like playoff hockey. Running on 3 hours sleep due to last nights Hawks/Preds game

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Hey @Rush520 dyk there is a hockey thread on FC? Lots of Canadians here, and they don't mind if you mention Ice Skating or Curling, they're so friendly too! I would also be willing to put money that it's the most popular amongst FC members. I certainly believe its the most talked about sport on here at least. So your in good company.

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: Rush520

ctxgooner

gooner
Hey @Rush520 dyk there is a hockey thread on FC? Lots of Canadians here, and they don't mind if you mention Ice Skating or Curling, they're so friendly too! I would also be willing to put money that it's the most popular amongst FC members. I certainly believe its the most talked about sport on here at least. So your in good company.
Ice skating :lmao: :rofl:

ctxgooner,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom