Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Can I disable profiles in escribe for my DNAc mods? There was a simple Enable checkbox in Arctic Fox but I don't see the escribe equivalent.

And that same FCshare link above is the one where you put the new hotness, @HerbieVonVapster?

HerbieVonVapster

Can I disable profiles in escribe for my DNAc mods? There was a simple Enable checkbox in Arctic Fox but I don't see the escribe equivalent.

And that same FCshare link above is the one where you put the new hotness, @HerbieVonVapster?

Yep correct link. I just tossed uo a new versions on the paranormal with update theme and profile. It also includes the 19/19 stem and 19/22 that can be used with splinter. I will look into if it's possible to disable profiles.

shutinden

Can anyone with a lost vapes triade dna 250 c. Post there settings for a splinter z two hole ??? I am ona Mac and the ecig software will not load on my Mac.

shutinden,

Grifo

When I go into cruise or Auto it's only to finish the bowl. I dont leave it on while I'm packing another. After firing I'm getting vapor pretty quick. This is with water. Dry is a little different it takes a bit longer but not by too much.

HerbieVonVapster

Can anyone with a lost vapes triade dna 250 c. Post there settings for a splinter z two hole ??? I am ona Mac and the ecig software will not load on my Mac.
Without access to escribe my best suggestion would be use SS316 and increase temperature by around 70 degrees. Try 50 watts 400 degrees to start. Really need access to escribe to do much more.
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66294-mac-suppport/?page=9

Do you have settings for replay on a dna 75c
Sorry did I forget to add replay profile in it duh. Added replay watt and replay TC enjoy

pudgewack

Another simple solution is to use Watt mode. Set your cold resistance. There is talk about wether you should lock or unlock resistance, but I keep mine unlocked. Then set wattage. 35 watts is a good starting point. Adjust watts as needed...I have access to escribe, but prefer to use my Z in watt mode.

Edit: I do this on a Triade with US made, 2 hole z

HerbieVonVapster

@HerbieVonVapster, I have a Wismec dna250 and both a Splinter v1 and a Z sharing the mod (till I decide on another). I notice that the Splinter Profile has the Preheat Power set to 60w, but the SplinterZ's Preheat Power is 1 w. Wondering if that's right? Thanks.

Nope they should be the same thank you for catching that. How is the V.1 running on the it with the new file? I dropped the temperatures of the splinter in newest files. Ever since install the service pack the MY DNA runs warmer. I also have a older splinter so interested in how there working out.

edit -- should be fixed now

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Just updated my bronze dna250 and my V1 is hitting well but with a bit of a hot spot at 380°. I can't recall how it compares to before the update because I've been using my DNAc mods.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My Splinter is working so well on the HCigar that I am loathe to fuck with it, but what the hell. I can always go back.

Since I normally use the Z on that mod I guess it doesn't matter much.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

My Splinter is working so well on the HCigar that I am loathe to fuck with it, but what the hell. I can always go back.

Since I normally use the Z on that mod I guess it doesn't matter much.

Yep just load a backup copy if don't like. Haven't finished the the SplinterZ but it be either the 19/19 stem or 19/22 stem material used.

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: bossman

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have all 3 profiles on the mod. The Splinter and then both 19 and 22mm stemed Zs. Other than the XL8R all my stems are 19/22. At least all the stems and adapters I use.

On another topic, I got trophy points the other day for my 5 year anniversary here. Damn if it didn't kinda feel like an AA chip. :cool:

Back to this topic. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

On another topic, I got trophy points the other day for my 5 year anniversary here. Damn if it didn't kinda feel like an AA chip.

Hehe congrats sadly my join date is little off on here. I started here as think Ufanco with the iolite around 2008ish?. Left for a while and forgot logon so was Zemis for couple more years. Hated the name so much ended up changing to Herbievonvapster.
It could been worse I almost went with Ivapesalots lol jeez what was I thinking back then:doh:.

Sorry a little trip down memory lane there. Back on topic I'm using 19/22 with my splinter profiles since feel it be closer to the stock settings than using 19/19 stem. Mines a older splinter when still they where 19/22.

I'm curious on how the new splinter profile is preforming with the newer 19/19 splinters V1 and V2. Not sure if was the new service pack but when I redid the splinter the old profiles where running too hot. Used a cooler material this time. So if it's now running to cold on the 19/19 please let me know.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I like the way my V2 works with the Z profile on my bronze RX250 so I haven't been inclined to try anything else honestly... Could be a bit better I suppose, but I am not much help here

Shit Snacks,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
When i opened the box of my v2 i was shocked by two things. 1st how good the finish was and 2nd how thin the glass was. Since then I have read various reports, including problems with 19/22 stems, and glass breaking. After reading this i decided to get rid of my v2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rastabuddh...ents/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Weighed things up and for me i would rather not take the risk of it breaking and losing out. I wont be buying anymore chinese RBT products. I still have an older US splinter and that will do for the time being. I know the wood and glass is Ryans signature, but i dont see why the glass is needed at all. The taper could be made in 100% wood. Been a customer for many years, but totally put off by these chineese splinters. If my old US splinter breaks i will buy US again and somehow work out how to get it shipped to the UK. Feel this is a backward step for RBT.

P.S. I love my US splinter and would never be without a splinter in my vape collection.

Mangu

When i opened the box of my v2 i was shocked by two things. 1st how good the finish was and 2nd how thin the glass was. Since then I have read various reports, including problems with 19/22 stems, and glass breaking. After reading this i decided to get rid of my v2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rastabuddh...ents/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Weighed things up and for me i would rather not take the risk of it breaking and losing out. I wont be buying anymore chinese RBT products. I still have an older US splinter and that will do for the time being. I know the wood and glass is Ryans signature, but i dont see why the glass is needed at all. The taper could be made in 100% wood. Been a customer for many years, but totally put off by these chineese splinters. If my old US splinter breaks i will buy US again and somehow work out how to get it shipped to the UK. Feel this is a backward step for RBT.

P.S. I love my US splinter and would never be without a splinter in my vape collection.

Darn, the photos in that reddit post just reminded me that I miss my V1...I had to trade it in because I got a “janky” one with a tiny split in the wood; but I liked how it was so cheap (there were a few imperfections in the overall finish) yet still so functional. The hits were just as good as with my American Z. And the wood of the Chinese units is finished much more nicely than any of my US Splinter or Milaana vapes.

When I noticed the imperfection in the V1 wood I reached out to @VGOODIEZ and they quickly took care of me. I had to send in my V1 unit, but in exchange I received a new V2 unit which was damn near perfect compared to the V1 or my American Z. The blackwood is super sleek and the assembly is flawless; I would not hesitate to recommend a V2 to anyone who is exploring convection vaping. It certainly feels much more robust than the earliest V1 Splinters, which I can only assume have been brought up to the improved standard of the V2. Those first batch V1’s suffered from a lot of production issues due to the fact that they were being manufactured overseas for the first time. It was rushed a bit as RBT was picking up in popularity and most people picked those up for about $50 a piece...I hate to think that Vgoodiez wouldn’t help out with a replacement unit as he was so helpful to me.

And I’ll stand by the thought that I rather have that cleaner glass/wood/stainless steel mesh HSA than a rubber/corrosive metal/coil heat gun to sip on....just my :2c:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Funny because my first one had cracked due to my using custom 22mm bent stems that were too long (though they seemed to fit) and I still don't feel that way at all. I have been using my new one with the proper glass stem and it has been phenomenal, the glass doesn't seem too thin to me, though that would allow for better performance with the heater (I remember how the old thick colored glass could rob some heat)

My V2 really looks great and works to match, I think these Chinese Splinters are a fantastic product and I have been a huge fan since Zion and Milaana beta... My US Canary Z was my first Splinter and it is also quite impressive, but personally I am blown away by the V2. I highly recommend them, if you know how to be careful with glass it is a truly amazing value, how nice it looks and how well it performs. Sure you don't get the benefits of the custom, but compares better to other mass market vapes and stands out.

I also am not as much a fan of the wood taper joints for this, I like the glass purity factor with the gorgeous wood as just a shell. It is a shame these aren't super portable, but I think there are always sacrifices with vapor quality the more mobile you go. The Milaana is probably the stronger option out and about honestly based on my experience.

On top of everything vgoodiez has such great service that I don't think there is any reason to be concerned... Its true these aren't for everyone, I believe the target market is people who don't already have US Splinters and likely want to save as much as possible. It seems they may even be working to adjust the warranty based on that link, but so far sounds like they're taking care of all customers who are having any issues, as they did me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom