Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbieVonVapster

Awesome to hear new splinter profiles are working. Although the V2 would look killer on my paranormal really don't need another splinter. Still it it's tempting might keep a eve out for a used one.

authentic-lost-vape-paranormal-dna250c-200w-tc-vw-box-mod-gun-metal-chopped-carbon-fiber-pearl-fish-1200w-2-x-18650.jpg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My V1 had an odd incident on the bronze wismec dna250 I updated yesterday at eight thirty (I only include that detail sir Herbie in case it's relevant). It was screwed down properly on the mod but said OFF in TC when you fire it I tried to hit it since I could see the resistance rising and combusted almost immediately.

I discarded that burnt bowl of Acapulco Gold and came back to wattage right after with great results. Just tried TC again and now temp is displayed normally but it was a hot hot hit considering it was only set to 360°. That temp is typically near my starting point on dna-c mods and is more about fluffy flavor than these rapid extraction whoa-did-you-see-that hits.

triskelion

These 510 vaporizers will rule the league for quite a time I'm sure, splinters and the like,
we all have the mighty, ghost, dyna, logs, fw, etc.., All great devices, great companies,
great customer service. with these 510 devices, we can notice, they are gaining momentum in
popularity, like a dark horse that suddenly appeared on the far turn. Why? I thought to myself,
Price base
Powerful (can and will out vapor many desk top)
Ease of use
Smart (by way of mod connectivity) Hey! Alexa cruising time
Performance
Rebuildable (some)
Option for wood material (degradable)
A lot of great devices will be unseated by these 510s
Not bad to have one in our cave.

Last edited:

HerbieVonVapster

My V1 had an odd incident on the bronze wismec dna250 I updated yesterday at eight thirty (I only include that detail sir Herbie in case it's relevant). It was screwed down properly on the mod but said OFF in TC when you fire it I tried to hit it since I could see the resistance rising and combusted almost immediately.

That's not good means it wasn't able to read resistance correctly with the material file. What is the cold OHMS reading for you? Did you happen to remeasure coil. Also was there a open slot for the new material file on device. What is material labeled in escribe?

My firsts thoughts are device was warm when updated profile and the cold OHMs where remeasured too high.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It is interesting that my RX 2/3 seems to get more accurate cold ohm settings, or at least (higher) settings that work better on my Splinters, than my HCigar with the DNA75c gets. Makes me set them a little higher then default and lock them. Is there a reason for this? Is there another setting that may lead to this? It is easily managed but inquiring minds and all that...

triskelion

It is interesting that my RX 2/3 seems to get more accurate cold ohm settings, or at least (higher) settings that work better on my Splinters, than my HCigar with the DNA75c gets. Makes me set them a little higher then default and lock them. Is there a reason for this? Is there another setting that may lead to this? It is easily managed but inquiring minds and all that...
Another job for Herbie, Thank you Son for the settings:)

HerbieVonVapster

DNA use the ambient temperature so cold resistance you see is also based off that temperature.
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/70461-cold-ohms-is-not-correcting-itselfupdating-on-my-dna-250c/

Here is some info copied from this link.

The 250c does a lot of math when calculating resistance and TCR. I assume in order to get replay to function.

When resistance is set on a profile, the board also saves ambient temp readings from a built on sensor. The board then calculates "expected" resistance changes based on changing ambient Temps and Coil material saved in the profile.

As far as I know, the older boards lacked the ambient (room) temp sensor. Meaning that they were making calculations based on live ohm changes instead of any form of baseline, which the resistance lock may have made up for.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey folks... just took a quick look at the last few pages and will try to answer some questions ... Qualifier... I am an old man who only uses wattage mode so will differ to the experts here on the FW TCR stuff lol. Just a word of caution, if your wood gets hot let it cool off and wait for it to cool before removing it to avoid breaking the bond between the wood and the fitting.

Over the years all of the early units have used Chinese glass. Each batch of glass needed to be custom fit to the wood which prevents the repair of any of the older Zion, Milaana 1 / 1.5 and early OG splinters so please handle them with kids gloves. All sales and service is now in the hands of our expert retailers with the custom retailers - Vgoodiez (US) Planet Vape (Canada), VapeFiend (EU) handling any of the legacy issues. Over the years very few issues have been attributed to glass quality and due to the load voices of folks that suffered the loss of a loved one the problem has appeared to be more of a problem than the data suggest. Over the years you can count on your hands and toes the number of broken glass repairs. Moving forward broken glass can only be repaired on units that use the German glass (Splinter Z US and Milaana 2) as the older glass is now obsolete.

RBT will be working to add helpful tips and warnings in the box and on the www. We are working with our retailers to define fair but firm practices and all glass is covered by a no questions asked 30 day warranty as any defects in material or manufacturing defect have shown to reveal themselves in the first month. Special thanks to Vgoodiez for working closely with RBT to uncover the small number of issues in the Splinter V1's that have caused premature glass failures in detail so that we could provide feedback to our manufacture. I will say that the issues where a result of the assembly process and NOT defects in the glass.

The V1's are the last units to use mica as all V2s are made with cermic and all units with the 3D RBT logo on the bottom of the 510 fitting have the plastic 510 positive heater terminal replaced with ceramic. The 510 ceramic terminal is now under provisional patent so RBT is the only 510 vape that does not have plastic in the flow field... so let the guru know ;)

We apologize for the confusion but with so many now coping our designs rapid innovation is the key to staying ahead in this now fast past industry. We will be working to define past and present innovations on the www in the months ahead. Special thanks to all the fine peeps here that help us innovate in a direction that is pleasing to our customers as we do what we do to continue to deliver the best products we can for all of you.

Peace,
Ryan

triskelion

Hey wondering if the German XL8R glass is tough enough for multiple butane torch use. Concerned it may crack or break. But man using it as a vape like the Elev8r is super super tasty and awesome!!!
Can do but not long term, fire attacks the integrity of the glass.

triskelion,

sickmanfraud

Hey folks... just took a quick look at the last few pages and will try to answer some questions ... Qualifier... I am an old man who only uses wattage mode so will differ to the experts here on the FW TCR stuff lol. Just a word of caution, if your wood gets hot let it cool off and wait for it to cool before removing it to avoid breaking the bond between the wood and the fitting.

Over the years all of the early units have used Chinese glass. Each batch of glass needed to be custom fit to the wood which prevents the repair of any of the older Zion, Milaana 1 / 1.5 and early OG splinters so please handle them with kids gloves. All sales and service is now in the hands of our expert retailers with the custom retailers - Vgoodiez (US) Planet Vape (Canada), VapeFiend (EU) handling any of the legacy issues. Over the years very few issues have been attributed to glass quality and due to the load voices of folks that suffered the loss of a loved one the problem has appeared to be more of a problem than the data suggest. Over the years you can count on your hands and toes the number of broken glass repairs. Moving forward broken glass can only be repaired on units that use the German glass (Splinter Z US and Milaana 2) as the older glass is now obsolete.

RBT will be working to add helpful tips and warnings in the box and on the www. We are working with our retailers to define fair but firm practices and all glass is covered by a no questions asked 30 day warranty as any defects in material or manufacturing defect have shown to reveal themselves in the first month. Special thanks to Vgoodiez for working closely with RBT to uncover the small number of issues in the Splinter V1's that have caused premature glass failures in detail so that we could provide feedback to our manufacture. I will say that the issues where a result of the assembly process and NOT defects in the glass.

The V1's are the last units to use mica as all V2s are made with cermic and all units with the 3D RBT logo on the bottom of the 510 fitting have the plastic 510 positive heater terminal replaced with ceramic. The 510 ceramic terminal is now under provisional patent so RBT is the only 510 vape that does not have plastic in the flow field... so let the guru know ;)

We apologize for the confusion but with so many now coping our designs rapid innovation is the key to staying ahead in this now fast past industry. We will be working to define past and present innovations on the www in the months ahead. Special thanks to all the fine peeps here that help us innovate in a direction that is pleasing to our customers as we do what we do to continue to deliver the best products we can for all of you.

Peace,
Ryan

Ryan, the Instagram link in your signature is obsolete.

sickmanfraud,

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Hey wondering if the German XL8R glass is tough enough for multiple butane torch use. Concerned it may crack or break. But man using it as a vape like the Elev8r is super super tasty and awesome!!!

@triskelion is correct in time it will eventually crack but given the thicker glass and the kiln annealing process it will take some time. Using it as a torch vape will soil in time making it less desirable to use as a mouthpiece and any cracking is likely to be small and generally not break. I have used one for many months many times a day before any cracks formed.

Ryan, the Instagram link in your signature is obsolete.

Thanks... Yeh, the bastards deleted the original account so had to start a new one... link updated.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Not me. Don't want the hassle of dealing with butane. I fully understand why many do like it. I just want a different ambience, vibe, if you will, in my vape session.

Ryan started making stems before the 2nd OG Splinter batch release & experimented with different techniques. I was blessed to get one of those stems, so I would never take a torch to it. :uhoh: It's like gold to me.

Summer,

usern@me

As far as I know, the older boards lacked the ambient (room) temp sensor. Meaning that they were making calculations based on live ohm changes instead of any form of baseline, which the resistance lock may have made up for.
Regarding this portion.
There is NO ambient sensor on ANY DNA board. Does anyone see a little probe sticking out anywhere? There is only a board sensor, like most regulated mods. The second post in that link was the correct answer.

Ctipp22

@triskelion is correct in time it will eventually crack but given the thicker glass and the kiln annealing process it will take some time. Using it as a torch vape will soil in time making it less desirable to use as a mouthpiece and any cracking is likely to be small and generally not break. I have used one for many months many times a day before any cracks formed.

Thanks... Yeh, the bastards deleted the original account so had to start a new one... link updated.

Yeah the only reason I even gave it a go is because I’ve seen you take a torch to it when we IG livestream. I guess I’ll have to stop doing it, but man it is pretty freakin nice! I wanted to try all glass everything since I don’t own an Elev8r and was surprised at how well it worked. I just use a smaller hand held quad flame torch for dyna and suck super slow and the highest quality vapor fills the bong. I guess I’ll just leave that one as Science Sunday and put it back in my Spinter

Ctipp22,
Reactions: Summer

Ctipp22

I have a bunch of short Xl8R German ones. Could just use one as a vape till it breaks lol

Ctipp22,

HerbieVonVapster

Regarding this portion.
There is NO ambient sensor on ANY DNA board. Does anyone see a little probe sticking out anywhere? There is only a board sensor, like most regulated mods. The second post in that link was the correct answer.

Thanks for correcting that. Guess shows some of the problems with relaying on info you assume to be correct :) Seen it mentioned on site like below so I thought I was working with correct info.
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/guide-to-fine-tuning-temp-control-vaping.t18206/

It does leaves me a little confused since you stated this is the correct info.

Longer answer: Architecture/thought process change with the C boards. On the C boards, both the resistance and the temp it was measured at is written into the profile number you are/were in. From there the cold ohms at 70F can be calculated (like the 60) and used inTC. OR in theme designer you can change the value displayed to you, to what it would be at 70F.

So then is room temperature determined instead by resistance change since there's not a sensor supply this data? I had assumed the room temperature info was being supplied by a sensor on the DNAc chip board. Guess now i'm confused on where it getting this data.

HerbieVonVapster,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom