Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easywider

Simple is the way
The AVB in @Easywider pic look good . Sounds like it's only the Temps being being low for him and not effecting the performance once raised.

Yes, performance is on point! I quite enjoy the wide range of temps as well. I can play in terpsville at 380f or move all the way on over to the face melting district of the 500's. I changed temp increments to move 10degrees at a time, life is good.

Yes it was! A big congrats to Canada for making it happen:clap: Hopefully it paves the way for federal changes here in the USA.

Fingers crossed! This would make my vacations much less stressful :lol:

Summer

Long Island, NY
***Note to all: This new design is now under provisional patent. I'm assuming that's why Ryan now feels comfortable giving us the specifics.

*1/2 of this is actually quoted verbatim from Ryan. As far as the pics, Ryan has a very white cast in his environment.

Current Splinter has 3 (embossed?) triangles on the bottom of the deck. The new deck will have 3 (debossed?) pyramids. Looks like that to me.

Triangle Pyramid
triangle.jpg
pyramid.jpg

Hard to hear, but I think he said the old fitting is called D2. When you remove the bottom screw it has an insulator which insulates this positive screw from the body (which is negative through the threading).

Existing-V2-fitting.jpg

He then unscrewed the positive post from the deck & between this post & the deck base/platform is a plastic insulator. (This is were he mentioned you, @KeroZen, saying that "he thought you'd get up on this one.") The positive post is what connects to the heater.

Insulator Post & Insulator
Plastic-insulator.jpg
Plastic-insulator-post.jpg

He said this is OK for e-cig usage because e-cigs only faults for 2 - 4 sec and the heat is instantly absorbed by the wick, that's why the coil doesn't burn out, so it's a very low energy situation. His heater doesn't run that hot, but a really, really small heater can run hot & heat up the 510 fitting.

Now, this said, the Splinter is designed that the intake airflow through the 2 holes cools off these 2 posts on it's way in, thereby, pre-heating the air & keeping it energy efficient & keeping the wood cool, but it's also cooling off that positive post that's attached to plastic. So used within reason, the Splinter doesn't have any issues using these parts. But, that doesn't mean he shouldn't make it better.

The top mount vs. side mount provides 5mm more of heater room so he can expand the heater with a little more material & improve performance.

new-mounting.jpg
ceramic-insulator.jpg

Bigger screw & entire base covered in ceramic. So it's not just a plastic insulator. He insulated the entire bottom so it's a thermal insulator from the heat, from the heater itself, adding an add'l layer of cooling protection to the unit.
bigger-screw.jpg

ceramic-base.jpg
ceramic-pieces.jpg
ceramic-pieces1.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/rastabuddhatao/

As I understand it from previous RBT streams, Vapefiend's next order of 400 Splinters & Zs will all be 2 hole bubinga.

@Frenchy, an older model is just fine as I have one of the original ones & just love it. Works beautifully.
Besides this thread, here's a couple of small threads that might be helpful.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...ing-for-on-demand-convection-510-vapes.25465/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tc-box-mods-firmware-discussions-and-customizing.23742/page-8

Enjoy!

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member

almost there

@Ed's TnT
makes beautiful stems. For $10-20 more than those posted he can turn you one in your choice of wood. Just ordered a Birds Eye Maple one to match my Splinter Z, going with a 6 incher. :brow:
Here is a pic of the Splinter with my Koa stem Ed made and the sweet Evic mini cover by @mistvaporizer. :luv:

2hcfad3.jpg

You getting me so excited, Ed sent me a tulipwood one and it's arriving today! How's it fitting into that 19/19 splinter joint?

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
You getting me so excited, Ed sent me a tulipwood one and it's arriving today! How's it fitting into that 19/19 splinter joint?

Nice!
My Splinter joint is pre 19/19 so all's good. I did receive a 19/19 stem with my 19/22 Splinter Z, but don't use that with the Splinter or Z. I use that stem for my OG Milaana where the extra distance the load is away from the heater helps it from charring.

Davep1010

Do yourself the favor of buying that Smoant Charon Mini. (Features are a must if you want to vape oils without issue) with that get the ijoy avenger sub-ohm tank with the x3-mesh coils (although I'm sure the ijoy diamond tank with the dm-mesh coils will work too. )

The mesh was the key! I've been on a quest to be able to use my box mod with oil. Everyone who's tried knows where you maybe give up, or worse settle for the runs and leaks and just plain mess. Well when I saw the Ijoy company start advertising the x3-mesh coil I had to try because I was settling for my smok tfv8 baby with the v8 coils.

Epiphany! The mesh is absolutely the key. (Although I like the Ijoy tank because it doesn't leak even with e liquid.

So if you have the smoant charon mini (or ts) and the ijoy avenger sub-ohm tank with x3-mesh coil...

Set it to start at 25watts and just go down on the curve from there. Find your sweet spot for how you hit it. Maybe even lower wattage. When you have it right it a fresh bag of the dank in every hit.

Keep the oil thick! Thin it out at your own risk. My sh*t stands up. :)

Ok so now i'd say get the Smoant Naboo! Lock button with its multiple settings is key to never burning a coil again.

HerbieVonVapster

I just pulled the trigger on an older model Splinter today. Now I just have to decide what mod to get to pair it with!

Good place to start for mods.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...nvection-510-vapes.25465/page-13#post-1313445

Nice!
My Splinter joint is pre 19/19 so all's good. I did receive a 19/19 stem with my 19/22 Splinter Z, but don't use that with the Splinter or Z. I use that stem for my OG Milaana where the extra distance the load is away from the heater helps it from charring.

Yep the extra 3mm is a cooler experience. One of the reason I feel using the XLR8 is know for a cooler vape experience. The dimples along with it being 3mm away from the heater lowers the temperature of the vape your inhaling.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Here's a little friday evening milkshot. Hadn't used this piece in a while, was drawing too fast and ran out of air at the end, had to tap out early. This was a 0.06 of NL#5 @ 600f on the controller, cold start.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Good morning, forgive me for the delay in getting that invoice out to you @SloJimFizz been a busy busy past few days. I did just do that this am and thank you for spreading the word. Sent you a couple DM's in IG as well.

@almost there pls let me know how you are liking that one of kind, I hope very much.

BTW, am getting a load of Mi stems out to VapeFiend Monday, they will be selling Walnut exclusively if anyone is interested.

2018-10-16-14-32-42-1.jpg

And all fit great in that custom BoxElder Burl Milaana 2 Ryan did for me.

20181020-092956.jpg

If anyone has questions for me pls let me know. Wish you all a great weekend!

Last edited:

almost there

Good morning, forgive me for the delay in getting that invoice out to you @SloJimFizz been a busy busy past few days. I did just do that this am and thank you for spreading the word. Sent you a couple DM's in IG as well.

@almost there pls let me know how you are liking that one of kind, I hope very much.

BTW, am getting a load of Mi stems out to VapeFiend Monday, they will be selling Walnut exclusively if anyone is interested.

2018-10-16-14-32-42-1.jpg

And all fit great in that custom BoxElder Burl Milaana 2 Ryan did for me.

20181020-092956.jpg

If anyone has questions for me pls let me know. Wish you all a great weekend!

Man oh man do I love that stem, you can be sure it'll be in heavy rotation. I had it in my hand most of last nite just rolling it around and admiring the colors and the grain. First thing I did was popped it in the splinter and it was a perfect fit. I like having the large chamber so I haven't tried using rimmed screens. I even tried fitting a vapcap tip into the mp end, was a tight fit so I didn't try to push. Thanks again Ed! I'll post photos on IG just as soon as my matching vapes arrive next week, I'm OCD about color coordination:D

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@almost there Thats what I love to hear, money aint what its all about, yeah its good and all but your post is why I do what I love. I am super happy you dig it and thanks much for confirming it with everyone that the fit is spot on. I know that has worried most and me saying it is one thing but to have another verify it is even better. I will be anxious to see your posts soon and glad you like that XL load area, it really gives you room to get right. Wish you a great weekend my man!

@Megaton Bet that and figure you should be seeing them in a week or two just guessing, good luck grabbing one bro.

Megaton

A cautionary tale of use with the Splinter- last night about half way through the bowl, i pulled out the stem to rotate it, popped it back in and went for another draw. As i pulled the vape away from my mouth the stem stuck momentarily to my (dry) lip and popped out and dropped on my floor, scattering the remains of the bowl across my (thankfully) carpeted floor.

So, be careful if you have removed the stem during a session, as the heat keeps it nicely stuck, but it may not seal as securely if you remove part way through a bowl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom