Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippie

With a TCR of 150 on my RX2/3 with FJs firmware I'm setting the max power to 45W and temp to about 190C for nice even medium roast instant coffee coloured AVB
If that's not producing, the temp will increase as you increase the TCR, so I've read of people needing to go as high as TCR180.

I find that the temp can jump a little at the end of the draw if you're still applying power after you've stopped inhaling so I've been turning it down 5 or 10 degrees for cruise mode sessions or releasing the power button a second of 2 before you stop drawing in normal TC mode, for best results and slightly better battery efficiency.

sickmanfraud

Going through the same pain now. Your splinter will not fit with the 19/22 stems you see everywhere (and that previously worked with the old splinter). Ryan has (somewhat controversally) decided to go with a shorter non-standard length of 19MM for Splinters that have been made since July.

I am also domestic so been searching all over for accessories that might work without wasting my time or money. Here are some things I have found and am personally pursuing.

• Lamart Wooden Stems
    • http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=303
    • These are supposedly compatible with the new 19/19 splinter
    • Nice look wooden stems and also are compatible with S&B dosing capsules which has me very intrigued for on the go vape streamlining
    • Ship from China and has goes out of stock regularly with a long wait time
    • I ordered several things from here and they should ship soon. I will report back on if these products will work with our splinters
  • 420EDC (https://www.420edc.com/accessories/glassware/milaana-cooling-mouthpiece/)
    • None of the stuff on this site will work with our new splinters. I also reached out via email to the site just to confirm that fact and ask if they had any idea when they would get compatible wares in. Never got an acknowledgement or response to my email, which I sent about 5 days back. That lack of responsiveness alone puts a ding on them in my book and makes me less likely to want to support them, although I have seen them recommended before, and I am sure they are a small and decent operation. Just personally, I am more likely to go with the shop with good communication all other things being equal.
    • They are domestic I believe which is a pro as far as cheap/quick shipping goes
  • Planet Vape (http://www.planetvape.ca/milaana-and-zion-glass-vortex-adapter.html)
    • Previous poster said their stuff would work fine with our new 19/19 splinters
    • However, they are out of stock on several of the items, and when I emailed them to ask when and if they would re-stock, they also didn't bother to acknowledge my inquiry.
    • Expensive shipping to US
  • VapeFiend UK (https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections...splinter-water-adaptor?variant=12584262041684)
    • These guys have a cooling stem and a GonG adapter that will fit the new 19/19 splinter
    • I emailed them to ask and confirm and they responded very promptly confirming that indeed the cooling stem and GonG water adapter will work fine with my new splinter, and to let them know if any other questions..... Out of all the sites I have been researching and emailing about this stuff, this is the only one that demonstrated good customer service 101 to me, and they also have the product I want
    • Downside is they have expensive shipping from UK compared to the domestic alternatives, but again, as far as I can tell they are literally the only outfit right now that has accessories that are 100% confirmed compatible out of the box with our new 19/19 splinters, and the only one that demonstrated good customer service off the bat
    • I am placing an order today to get all that stuff so I can get my water splinter rig rocking, will report back
  • RBT - He has the XLR8 cooling stem if you want a mouthpiece, but doesn't take care of our water adapter needs. Not to mention the XLR8 is out of stock for an indeterminate time, and Ryan is also notoriously bad at responding to emails if you bother to ask
Big write-up above I know, but I have been very frustrated trying to get to the bottom of this so figured I would write the post I needed a few days ago. If anyone else has alternative sources for accessories for 19/19 please chime in and I will update post above.

I have to straighten out some of the information you provided as some was simply incorrect. The Tubo line of vapes is made in Switzerland. @funkyjunky got overwhelmed by his 420 sale and got a bit behind.

If you are not insistent on a specific color you can frequently get a TUBO evic or TUBOx on a much shorter wait than you indicated.

I do not feel that you were fair to Ryan. He recently promised to provide better service and I believe he is up to date on his emails and repairs. For me personally, Ryan went above and beyond recently.

Wood stems are available from @Alan from toasty-top.com. To get an iheat or Heat Island you need to wait about 12-18 months on the waiting list. This next statement is important hence the bold. I did not realize: for the purchase of wood stems you do not need to be on the waiting list.

you can send him an e-mail (it may take a day or 2 for him to respond) alan@toasty-top.com and ask for what you want. If he has it ready you can get it rather quickly if he needs to make something by request that may take longer, but you don't need to wait 18 months to get stems.

@Snuzcruz I see you are a newish member (or you just read without comment). I am NOT trying to start a flame war, I was/am trying to make sure that everyone knew where the TUBO line comes from and some other options for stems (I am also waiting for the wood Tubo stems and from @Alan).

@Snuzcruz please keep in mind that in the case of @Alan, Ryan and @funkyjunky the same guy who is making your vape/accessory is the same guy answering emails. Expectations from us of instant customer service and quick turn-around may be too high. Hypothetically, if a person was to put a battery powered, heat producing device right near their face their face they would probably choose a higher quality device over instant replies to emails.

PS: I just spent 1/2 hr on Mountain Glass website and closest to 19/19 was some Chinese colored stems in 19/23. Seems like that may take less alteration to get it to fit?

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
I'll have my unit tomorrow and will be able to confirm my stems from planetvape work, but Ryan already told me that they will :)

I never use the splinter in wattage mode. With milaanas, lil bud and nomad filling those spots the splinter is used 100% of time as a regulated device.

The splinter works great in TC mode. It's just recommend for power since Ryan doesn't offer support for TC. I don't blame him the mod worlds a mess and he would drive himself crazy trying to answer mod question all day:)

There no real standard for mods every manufacture writes there own firmware. Plus you have after market firmware. Even TCR values and setting don't transfer well between device. It can be a real mindfuck when working with muti mods and there settings.

The splinter on a DNA mod or really any quality mod makes a hard to beat combo. The ABV is perfect and extraction is top notch. I haven't even touched vapes like the Mighty since I got this combo. I prefer it over most of my collection. It and iheat are in a struggle for the top dog spot around here.

Sorry I don't use TCR settings. I use TRF for my 510 coil device's. I feel it's a better way to plot the resistance changes.

Heard so many different TCR values for 316 tossed around.
This closest I found are these.
SS316L: "0088" [0.000879] (According to Steam-Engine)
SS316L: "0092" [0.00092] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

SS316: "0088" [0.00088] (According to Steam-Engine.org)
SS316: "0092" [0.000915] (According to @DJLsbVapes and other various sources)

Except there too low value for most mods to work it seems. I hear people toss out so many different TCR values not really sure I can answer the whole TCR question. Maybe start a 150 and adjust by 5 up or down as needed. Go higher for hotter lower colder? IDK

Hopefully others that use TCR can explain help you better than me. Or you can try using TRF instead if mod supports it.

The profiles in the different DNA files work well for the splinter. The stempodAF file is for arctic fox and has a splinter profile in it also.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

So you recomend me to use TRF, no problem at all. Right now I have AF in my mod that does TRF, wich one should I use? SS316, SS316L? Thanks!

Last edited:

TNT_error

@Hippie just bought the rx2/3 as well for the splinter. I was wondering with the whole stem compatibility if using tc/tcr would help in that regard? Or is it that the stems don't fit? Never really used anything 19mm.

TNT_error,
Reactions: BigJr48

Hippie

No TC or TCR issues with the RX2/3 here, in fact I've actually been messaging sellers trying to buy a 2nd one for my Stempod today.

All my normal EU and US 18mm stems and the Vapefiend Splinter/Milaana bits i bought are a few mm too long for the 19/19 fitting and come into contact with the screen in my Splinter unfortunately. Apparently VapeFiend now have 19/19 cooling mouthpieces and adapters and have offered to exchange the ones I bought but it would have been nice if .... moan moan whinge whinge woe is me ... everything fits in the Stempod tho so it's not all bad.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The splinter works great in TC mode.

The profiles in the different DNA files work well for the splinter.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/567-fcshare/

Thanks alot for updating the Splinter profile, my Steam Engine is driving the Splinter perfectly in your TC mode. I uploaded the profile and the default 55 watt power setting you have set was a tad hot for my unit, so I lowered that to 35 watts and it is pretty much perfect for me now.

sickmanfraud

No TC or TCR issues with the RX2/3 here, in fact I've actually been messaging sellers trying to buy a 2nd one for my Stempod today.

All my normal EU and US 18mm stems and the Vapefiend Splinter/Milaana bits i bought are a few mm too long for the 19/19 fitting and come into contact with the screen in my Splinter unfortunately. Apparently VapeFiend now have 19/19 cooling mouthpieces and adapters and have offered to exchange the ones I bought but it would have been nice if .... moan moan whinge whinge woe is me ... everything fits in the Stempod tho so it's not all bad.

If you are okay with the color Gold, Aliexpress has 2/3's for $28.

I just received my Rx 2/3 the other day. I like the feel in my hands. I have not tried it yet since I noticed that the threads on the 2/3 got "caught" in the middle. After confirming it was the 2/3 (tried both Stempod and TUBOx in my cuboid 200 which worked fine then to the 2/3 which did not want to go) I decided to wait for the heatsink(s) I ordered and I will try to screw one in and leave it there.

This was the first time I saw any problems with a 510 connection. Am I on the right track or should I send the 2/3 back to China now?

sickmanfraud,

b0

Cloudy...
hello having received my Splinter for a week and having tested the mode w and TC of my mod.Et finally I get bigger clouds in TC mode and my AVB is more uniform color.

Wich mod and firmware do you use? Also what tc configuration??
Thx!

b0,

Daweed44

mon mod est un punk teslacigs 200w et je l'utilise en mode TCI à 40w avec 220 degres

Daweed44,

Hippie

Thanks for the Alibongo heads up.
I would have a look thro the software to be sure it's not a "styled" copy while I wait to see if the heatsink fits and take it from there. Hopefully it's just a little machining burr that you can smooth out by screwing the heatsink back n forth a few times.

Hippie,

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Anyone in the USA have these in stock?
RastaBuddahTao.com

Edit:. Oops it looks like he is out of stock again for the moment...I didn't know that because I purchased another unit just last night!

Anyway go there and click the green button...I suspect he will have more ready as early as next week. When we spoke yesterday he had a lot in process.

HerbieVonVapster

RastaBuddahTao.com

Edit:. Oops it looks like he is out of stock again for the moment...I didn't know that because I purchased another unit just last night!

Anyway go there and click the green button...I suspect he will have more ready as early as next week. When we spoke yesterday he had a lot in process.

Hehe by looking at your collection you definitely enjoy RBT vaporizer. Little in envy what is a splinter Sapela?

HerbieVonVapster,
Reactions: Hogni

almost there

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnJsJuOF21H/

Tempted by a high flow unit, VF should have in about a week... but none of my stems will work! :\:(
For what it’s worth I did what Ryan does and have been using the stock stem with a piece of cut out silicone around the middle as a wpa also. It’s not my favorite method bc pulling it out isn’t as easy but it works

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Hehe by looking at your collection you definitely enjoy RBT vaporizer. Little in envy what is a splinter Sapela?

Haha yeah I like RBT products a whole lot but I also support a lot of other deserving manufacturers who make high quality products.

Sapela is just a type of wood. Kinda walnutty I guess.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnJsJuOF21H/

Tempted by a high flow unit, VF should have in about a week... but none of my stems will work! :\:(

That's exactly what I purchased last night! I can't wait to run it through water!

RastaBuddahTao.com

Cool, thanks. I got on his list.

Are there any coupon codes for members?

Thanks again. Looking forward to it. :)

HerbieVonVapster

Got both of mine through his sales, both equally amazing. Always shipped within a few days too. My wallets gonna be hurtin when he starts slapping those Z's and Exotics on his site... I already see myself with a collection...

Any updates on the splinter_z ? That's the one I'm interested in. Figure it's closest I will ever get to a zoin.:)

The milaana 2 are nice but kinda moving away from unregulated. Since the splinter is one my favorite vaporizer I owe it to myself to at least get a splinter_z. Even thou my luck with glass sucks lol.

Lazy Lighting

RastaBuddahTao.com

Any word on the Z? Those pics on IG with the exotic wood are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom