Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
When internationals from the waiting list get theirs it'll cost nearly the same with international shipment, customs and taxes :(

If it's any consolation, I'm right here in the US and had to pay full price. I was lit up when I ordered mine and I was on the waitlist as well, forgot to enter my 25% off code. Tried a couple mails, no luck getting it applied. (Promise that's the last I mention it.) Not feeling the 'RBT Nation' love on that one, that's for sure. I'm working on loving it, though.

analytika

Best solution to the stem is ... the XL8R!

Almost impossible to use on the milaana, for me. I didn't realize how much I relied on temperature to manage the unregulated aspect.

On the Splinter, once calibrated in DNA replay with a boring old fashioned stem, it's cool cool cool on the XL8R all the way!

Hoping soon for a Z. Should be heaven.

Smoke1ForMe

Best solution to the stem is ... the XL8R!

Almost impossible to use on the milaana, for me. I didn't realize how much I relied on temperature to manage the unregulated aspect.

On the Splinter, once calibrated in DNA replay with a boring old fashioned stem, it's cool cool cool on the XL8R all the way!

Hoping soon for a Z. Should be heaven.

What settings did you start out for replay? And I see the check box in escribe do I just select that to start replay?

Smoke1ForMe,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm a little confused about this 19/19 thing. Am I correct that you are only talking about the male joints? The new males will be 19mm long, but the female is still a standard US 19/22 for backward compatibility? Why ARE we (you) shortening the joint depth?

I am really hoping my Milaana and Zion stems work with this guy...

Last edited:
First off apologies for a likely redundant post(first one here :)), but after reading the last 10-15 pages I'm still completely lost on what I need to get to go with my splinter that's on the way!

Like for the box mods I see that everyone recommends the DNA chips but those mods seem too expensive to buy for a first mod, however are all the other different boards (gene, omni, etc.) a much lower quality and not recommended to go with the splinter? Is there a specific mod that is highly recommended that isn't over ~$85?

HerbieVonVapster

First off apologies for a likely redundant post(first one here :)), but after reading the last 10-15 pages I'm still completely lost on what I need to get to go with my splinter that's on the way!

Like for the box mods I see that everyone recommends the DNA chips but those mods seem too expensive to buy for a first mod, however are all the other different boards (gene, omni, etc.) a much lower quality and not recommended to go with the splinter? Is there a specific mod that is highly recommended that isn't over ~$85?

They would be a good place to start on box mods info. A lot depend on preference look etc. $ 85 a good budget. There's a lot of variables so hard to just say buy xyz.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...ing-for-on-demand-convection-510-vapes.25465/

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just ordered the Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 which can be used with either 2 or 3 cells, and seems to be quite popular. Several folks in here who I tend to read and follow use it (like @AJS), and I am going with their recommendation. Just cost me about $40 delivered and I should have it by about the time my Splinter arrives.
I'm a newby on this vape (tho not to RBT vapes) and I am just following others at this point.

ray_b

Yes, you can get a box mod that works great for between $45-$85. A lot of the mid-price range mods have good to great Temperature Conrtol (TC) implementation. Check out the brands Smoant, Vaporesso, VooPoo, Asmodus, and there are others I'm forgetting. I see that @HerbieVonVapster posted a link to the box mod thread and there's a lot of good info there. Here's a specific post that I found very helpful when starting my search for a mod.

My first mod was a Vaporesso Revenger and it's a very good mod. Just recently I bought a Smoant Charon Mini and it's even better, it has an excellent TC mode using just the standard settings. It has the ability to program a custom TC curve right on the mod but I haven't seen the need to use it yet. Small, dual 18650's, and a centered 510 connection makes it perfect for use with a water piece. It has a big 2-inch screen, perfect with my crappy eyesight. I love it.

Check some of the reviews available for the mod you're considering and make sure that the reviewer has tested the TC mode, some reviewers only care about variable watts mode. Also check for comments about the quality of the 510 connection. You'll see a lot of talk about using a heat sink to protect the 510 connection here on FC but I haven't seen the need. I abuse the shit out of the 510 on my Revenger, switching attys several times a day and picking up the mod by grabbing the atty. I've had no problems at all. I'm not being quite as abusive with the Charon Mini but the 510 on it looks very robust too.

AJS

Calm Consistency

I used a cheap broken piece of shit hand me down mod that would constantly misfire and I still loved the Splinter. Anything above that just makes it better. Don't overthink it, go with a decently known brand for cheap if you're trying to not spend too much, joytech or Weismec or something along those lines. If you go for DNA you'll just set things up a notch.

I just ordered the Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 which can be used with either 2 or 3 cells, and seems to be quite popular. Several folks in here who I tend to read and follow use it (like @AJS), and I am going with their recommendation. Just cost me about $40 delivered and I should have it by about the time my Splinter arrives.
I'm a newby on this vape (tho not to RBT vapes) and I am just following others at this point.
It's a good choice. I've had 0 problems with it and I'm loving the setup. I actually find myself switching between 2 and 3 batts, it's not really gimimcky, especially with herb vapes. Really gives a different feel and they fit different situations.

Hippie

Mines going on an eleaf invoke while I decide if I want anything fancier.
I think they're great value for what they are. Tiny 2 battery mod with VW, TC and TCR modes that you can put arctic fox on if you want.

Can any1 point me to some non standard SS rimmed mesh screens I can use to make a DiY an EZ Load bowl setup with please?
I can see loads of standard 15 - 16mm rim 12mm dia 8mm deep sized crystal pipe ones which you can use for the job if you squish one of the screens to use as an end cap, in all the usual places online.
A month or so back I saw some longer and shorter shorter ones on DHGate or AliExpress that would be perfect for the job but I forgot to bookmark them and can't find them now. So I'm hoping one of you saw them too.

Hippie,

WubbaLubbaDubDub

£130 from Vapefiend (£120 with their code)

I wish I hadn't bothered joining the international waitlist

I'm having a morning rant
I've seen people on the waitlist get theirs, people not on the waitlist get theirs, the diy module sell out, accessories sell out, Ryan switch sites God knows how many times and still no concrete info on what's going on, a retailer in my country get stock before us and start selling it for less than we're being charged, while I patiently await a unit that is admittedly "not perfect" to see what size fittings I need to buy to actually use it :rant:

Yay - I got shipping notice - this fiasco is nearly over :clap:

Hippie,
I felt exactly the same as you yesterday. I managed to successfully resist a rant after busting a vapecap in my ass. If I had known the VF would have been retailing his stock yesterday, I would not have bothered buying direct from RBT with all the hassle it entails. Plus I would have my splinter today. Seems to me RBT lost its customer focus of the big picture chasing marginal gains. Oh well, you live and learn.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@analytika, I haven't ordered yet (just haven't made the time to choose), but fasttech.com was suggested so I will get around to ordering 2; 1 black, 1 silver & I will get each in different heights. I don't work my Splinter hard since I'm more on the micro-dosing side, so I'm not worried about heat buildup, & I'm not needing it for a Pico or Primo(?) mod. I want to be able to unscrew the Splinter from the mod via the heat sink & not have to touch the wood cartridge since I've heard that by screwing/unscrewing the Splinter from the mod can result in the 510 adapter separating from the wood shell; apparently it just spins around. I may find that trying to unscrew via the heat sink may not be practical with the short heat sink height, that's why I want one as tall in height as I can get. Maybe it will even suck, but for less than $4 each it's cheap enough to try.

Here's the page I'm working off:

https://www.fasttech.com/search?heat sinks

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
What was the best diameter of heatsinks for the splinter? 25 or 27mm?

Hogni,

Summer

Long Island, NY

It really doesn't matter unless you are using it on small mod like the Pico where only a 22mm will fit. I'd probably just go with that and be done with it. That way you can still use it on a larger mod if you want but have the flexibility to go smaller too.

But since I have the rounded bottom not the flat splinter I'm gonna order one the closest in diameter of the 510 fitting & only go that wide.

Summer,

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Was searching around for another mod for my Splinter and I Heat and stumbled onto a decent deal for that Steam Punk looking mod with the DNA75 chipset.

Vapeman Steam Engine

I sprung for the fast 3-7 day dhl shipping for a $51.00 total.

Never heard of this Site, looking like in Hong Kong. Lot of really good deals in their clearance section.

SavageCore

I got mine from them and had no problems at all, it appears to be genuine. Tracking showed it as coming from the Netherlands to UK.

Edit: Oh, even cheaper now! I paid $44.28 + standard shipping (took 12 days total) bringing it to $55.13. This was back in May, so that countdown timer can probably be ignored!

Last edited:

analytika

Was searching around for another mod for my Splinter and I Heat and stumbled onto a decent deal for that Steam Punk looking mod with the DNA75 chipset.

Vapeman Steam Engine

I sprung for the fast 3-7 day dhl shipping for a $51.00 total.

Never heard of this Site, looking like in Hong Kong. Lot of really good deals in their clearance section.
Discounted to blow the legacy evolv chip out the door . Better to get the game changing dna75c or 250c with replay mode -- incredible on the Splinter.

analytika,

almost there

I've been trying to figure out what size stems to buy for my Splinter for a few days. I thought that I had figured out that my Splinter had a 19/19 joint. Since I made those posts I've heard back from Ryan replying to my question about stem sizes. He states that all of the Splinters made up until now have the 19/22 joint and they are just now making the transition to the new 19/19. So apparently I have the 19/22 size.

I've ordered a few stems to see for myself what fits. I've ordered an XL8R stem and a 19/22 clear glass stem from RBT. Someone in this thread said they had stems from Mountain Glass Arts that fit so I ordered 4-male 19/22 100mm stems and 2-male 19/22 120mm stems. I'll report back with my findings.

I should have mentioned though the stems from mountainglass.com fit in terms of length and OD, the ID will be completely arbitrary. The green stems I have matches the RBT ID so RBT screens are fine. All the other colored stems will require some experimenting to make the screens fit, I've been reshaping my DDave screens to make them work. Who knows, maybe the batch you ordered from will be better but it's cheap enough that if a few fits it's worth it.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Hey I might get tagged for being off topic, but I bought a rx200s from vaporDNA.com for my splinter on Friday. Although my purchase went through my debit card was hacked yesterday and that’s the only website it could’ve happened at. Probably my own error, but you guys be careful if you try to buy from that site.
Thanks for the warning. I just used them too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom