• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbieVonVapster

I finally figured out how to use replay, it is amazing!

That's my only regret about the DNA250. Like the look with the splinter on it. Aw well I'm sure I will end up with a DNA250C soon.

Here's a pic of my splinter setup.
iw6oau.jpg

ZC

Future splinter wood being made by dynavap is really interesting and a good choice IMO. Dynavap does great work. It's nice to see vape makers collaborate this way.

The note about customer service stuff reminded me that I STILL need to send my splinter back in to RBT. I've just been so busy that a trip to the post office is really hard, I'm always working when they're open. Oh well, I'll get to it.

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
@Summer

I'm going to set up what I guess we will call a vapedate with one of the long time forum members that lives here in my town. He will be able to correct any user error on my end help me determine the issue.

Unfortunately lil' undies has been away on business for three weeks. It is very very good to have lil' undies back at home but it also means my vapedate needs to hold off for about a week.

Lil' undies left on business again. Perfect time for @VAPEHUNTER to come over and share with me some of his many many vape gadgets and to play with the splinter.

I bought a cheap box to see if that was my issue. This one pictured here was about 30 bucks.
ws5r9v.jpg

That did it. The previous box must have been my issue. We used it more than a couple times last night and it works just fine. Nice vapor and flavor.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Uhhhh... Have we seen that VC before? Looks interesting from here...

The idea of DV and RBT getting together is interesting, but I'm not sure I get it. They are 2 of my favorite vendors and I wish them each nothing but positivity but I don't see what their synergy is based on. They are certainly both interested in breaking preconceived notions and are full of ideas, maybe that is it...

I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Heh, between them and Jyarz and DHGate I think they have more control of my CCs than I do, that's for sure.

I will try to keep the Mod guys (that is a D louie...) from being the next direct pipeline to my CC accounts...

analytika

I finally figured out how to use replay, it is amazing!
DNA 75C/250C Replay Mode is poorly documented.

Here is a Hot Tip that will make it all work:

While you are in Replay Mode go into the submenu: settings => atomizer, then make sure that boost mode is on, and then ramp up the "punch" value, which takes a value from 0 to 11.

My mod came preset to 3, i upped it to "punch" 8.

Boost on means the mod in Replay Mode starts from cold at wattage above your replay base wattage, with "punch" modulating how aggressive it is, to bring the Splinter to temperature faster.

That's on the mod itself, no need to use escribe.

You won't find that tip on any modbox squonker RTA RDA Nic salt YouTube video!

Burying these critical settings in the UI belies the notion that Replay Mode is super simple for new users.

Btw my replay base wattage now is 28.

I work with fuzzy logic algorithms in various projects, and I have to say, replay mode is one of the most successful applications I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Smoke1ForMe

DNA 75C/250C Replay Mode is poorly documented.

Here is a Hot Tip that will make it all work:

While you are in Replay Mode go into the submenu: settings => atomizer then make sure that boost mode is on, and then ramp up the "punch" value, which takes a value from 0 to 11.

My mod came preset to 3, i upped it to "punch" 8.

This will cause the mod to use wattage above your replay preset ("punch" modulating how aggressive) to bring the Splinter to temperature faster.

That's on the mod itself, no need to use escribe.

Btw my replay base wattage now is 28.

Ok cool thanks for the tip. I’m still using 22 watts with replay.

Is there a way to save replay to a profile so it never changes after I set it? Now after my mod sits for a while it asks if it should reread resistance and if I say no replay is fine but sometimes I accidentally hit yes so then I have to reset my hit for replay. Would be nice if I can just set it to a profile so it is always those same settings.

Smoke1ForMe,
Reactions: BigJr48

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Uhhhh... Have we seen that VC before? Looks interesting from here...

The idea of DV and RBT getting together is interesting, but I'm not sure I get it. They are 2 of my favorite vendors and I wish them each nothing but positivity but I don't see what their synergy is based on. They are certainly both interested in breaking preconceived notions and are full of ideas, maybe that is it...

I look forward to seeing what they come up with.
It's really just George making Splinter wood at this point but who knows what may come of it.

Justpassedu

It's really just George making Splinter wood at this point but who knows what may come of it.
They announced that they will be having Dynavap make some cool exotic wood. Actually here is a email I got :

Hey all... just a note to say thanks so much for the HUGE support over the weekend!!!

All shipments are out except for a handful of XL8Rs as we are transitioning the RBT glass work to Brendan Klippel @klipglass (please give him an IG follow) who works out of http://42degreesgallery.com/ which is a grass roots head shop run by a Robin, a member of a local Dead cover band. Robin was the first head shop that the Mi landed in 2015 so it is so nice to partner with him now. With this partnership, RBT will instantly get access to experienced glass blowers and all the trappings of a legit glass studio. Stay tuned for custom mouthpieces and water pieces specifically crafted for use with the RBT line. Man, what a feeling when they let me use their professional set-up to make an XL8R as a changing of the guard. The kids work nights so at closing time here I take the left over slices of pizza up to them and hang out in the studio to learn of their capabilities and soon to start the next stage of glass evolution in the RBT product line with the newly gained experience and proper tools. I would think that a fitting sale would be on tap for this coming weekend to celebrate our success with you so stay tuned... lets just say if any of your friends are looking for a Milaana with loads of free stuff you will need to sent along this weekend's code that will be issued Friday.

To honor the Z-Team of back in the day the initial production pilot units will be supplied to them along with a few special guest. The 420 Vape Zone forum will be where we all will gather and hopefully recapture some of the spirit that was the early days of Zion. Please stop by and join in on the fun as the group starts to use and report out on the Splinter Z. In the coming weeks a small run of Splinter Z will me made to supply the folks that have smashed the green button on the Splinter Z product in the www store.

The initial batch of Splinter has landed at VapeFiend and the response have been great! Much of the coming weeks will be focused on keeping VF in stock other than what stock is required to feed RBT demand. Its such a blessing to have the great support of VF with videos, give-away's and secret cannabis parties featuring RBT products. This single point outlet to the EU should make it easier for EU customers to make purchases as well as have in-country support.

In other news, we are happy to announce that DynaVap is making a handful of prototypes for Splinter. After a few hundred units more made with RBT manufactured wood we hope to be ready to transition to having DynaVap supply all RBT wood moving forward. What a perfect partner,, Right? This will give RBT access the the best in class manufacturing as well as the flexibility to do special runs similar to what you see coming out of DV. More to come...

Next stop for me is warranty work and cleaning up any lingering customer service issues. If I missed getting back to you in the craziness please shoot me another note... and if you know someone who would appreciate the RBT brand and wants to be in the know with latest goings on and special offers please have them subscribe to this news letter as this and the Sub Reddit will be the primary means of communication.

Again, thanks so much for the continued grass roots support as with no advertising it is word of mouth from passionate RBT fans that will continue to grow the RBT family.

Peace,
Ryan

ray_b

Here are the stems from Mountain Glass Arts. The Emerald Green 19/22 - 100mm stems measure 120mm long. The ground portion of the joint is 22mm and it's a snug fit in the Splinter with a rimmed basket screen installed.

The Clear 19/22 - 120mm stems meausre 122mm long. The ground portion of the joint is 24mm and they don't fit the Splinter. Rimmed basket screens do fit in the clear stems for use with other vapes.

The rimmed basket screens I'm using are generic screens from Amazon, I linked them upthread. The screen sizes are variable, about half of the screens are too large for the Splinter stems but they fit the MGA stems and some other glass fittings I have that I use for GonG for the Splinter and StemPod.

The glass on top was something on closeout for $1, I thought I could use it with my HI but no such luck.

40RJcNZD_o.jpg

I should have mentioned though the stems from mountainglass.com fit in terms of length and OD, the ID will be completely arbitrary. The green stems I have matches the RBT ID so RBT screens are fine. All the other colored stems will require some experimenting to make the screens fit, I've been reshaping my DDave screens to make them work. Who knows, maybe the batch you ordered from will be better but it's cheap enough that if a few fits it's worth it.

SavageCore

Here are the stems from Mountain Glass Arts. The Emerald Green 19/22 - 100mm stems measure 120mm long. The ground portion of the joint is 22mm and it's a snug fit in the Splinter with a rimmed basket screen installed.

Ah so the female part is still 19/22 just the new stems are 19/19 for better airflow? I need a longer stem so think I'll bite!

SavageCore,
Reactions: BigJr48

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I discovered something very profound I simply must share with all:

OK. Now if you combine the Splinter, a modbox, the F-Bomb, and an 18m male to male...

1zew03s.jpg

4ku1rp.jpg

...add in a very tasty strain called Sour Amnesia

2yukk85.jpg

2v9qliq.jpg

...and shit I forgot what I was going to tell you.

Last edited:

ray_b

Guess I'll give the "lake green" a try. Nice colour.
Ray, how is the quality of wall thickness?
Wall thickness is a bit over 2mm, I can't get an accurate reading with my calipers because of the rounded edge on the plain end of the stems. Both ends are nicely finished.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is there a manual out there for the funkyjunky firmware? I got the RX 2/3 last night but my Splinter won't get here until later today. Played with the Mod and it's native software a bit and then installed the FJ firmware (Thank you for making this available to us all @funkyjunky). Since I have nothing to attach to the mod my playing is limited, of course. Have a couple pairs of 18650s charged. Will order 3 new batteries soon to use together, but for now the pairs I have should be fine.
Looking forward to playing with this over the weekend. I tried to resist (valiantly) but the Borg had it right...

Hussan311

Is there a manual out there for the funkyjunky firmware? I got the RX 2/3 last night but my Splinter won't get here until later today. Played with the Mod and it's native software a bit and then installed the FJ firmware (Thank you for making this available to us all @funkyjunky). Since I have nothing to attach to the mod my playing is limited, of course. Have a couple pairs of 18650s charged. Will order 3 new batteries soon to use together, but for now the pairs I have should be fine.
Looking forward to playing with this over the weekend. I tried to resist (valiantly) but the Borg had it right...
Wish my splinter was here today it was supposed to be here yesterday but USPS must be really screwing up my package its in Wisconsin when I live in NY and Ryan shipped it from NY but for some reason it's in Wisconsin really sucks was so excited to have it for the weekend now I have no clue when it's gonna arrive.....

BigJr48

Wish my splinter was here today it was supposed to be here yesterday but USPS must be really screwing up my package its in Wisconsin when I live in NY and Ryan shipped it from NY but for some reason it's in Wisconsin really sucks was so excited to have it for the weekend now I have no clue when it's gonna arrive.....

That's crazy, I'm in the city and I got mine in about 2 or 3 days.

BigJr48,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom