Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixstringsmash

Just got an email from paypal that says, and I quote "Your package from RBT Engineering is on it's way"....

6uu5xBN.gif

Alegre

Pobre payaso
Omg!! All these shipping units are getting me so excited!

Can't wait to hear from the folks receiving them.

Even though my number is way down on the list, I heard that it shouldn't take too long for me either.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Oh yeah I know that feeling, it was the same in the Zion then Milaana threads when we were accused of being cheerleaders... so we stopped for a while, until the new user reviews started piling up, and they were nearly all ultra positive! That was the "told ya! I'm not crazy! " moment. :p

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
@mucsusn: I think that's what @Other Side uses no?

Fun that you mention it, it's currently discounted on fasstech >> https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10024638/5336200-authentic-lost-vape-therion-dna75w-tc-vv-vw-apv

...using the "MAP" coupon during checkout lowers it to $93.55 shipping included. Don't know how good of a price it is?

I forgot where I posted that UK vape using the DNA75 that was at a very sweet price and had a rather good look too. Perhaps in the Project thread?
Yes that's the exact one I have that you posted @KeroZen . It's sweet!

Here it is from a US shipper for just a few bucks more....

https://www.elementvape.com/lost-vape-therion-dna75-tc-leather-box-mod?enter=true

The only one that has the wood inlay is with the yellow leather which I switched out for another color.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oh yeah I know that feeling, it was the same in the Zion then Milaana threads when we were accused of being cheerleaders... so we stopped for a while, until the new user reviews started piling up, and they were nearly all ultra positive! That was the "told ya! I'm not crazy! " moment. :p
Something ALL RBT testers experience at one time or another. And then the "proof is in the pudding" moment...

mucsusn

60 going on 20
@mucsusn: I think that's what @Other Side uses no?

Fun that you mention it, it's currently discounted on fasstech >> https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10024638/5336200-authentic-lost-vape-therion-dna75w-tc-vv-vw-apv

...using the "MAP" coupon during checkout lowers it to $93.55 shipping included. Don't know how good of a price it is?

I forgot where I posted that UK vape using the DNA75 that was at a very sweet price and had a rather good look too. Perhaps in the Project thread?
I know that this is technically OT, but gray area grace, please, as this absolutely applies to the new flurry of Splinter additions coming to the wild.........

From what I can deduce, even though I don't need the power for the Splinter, the DNA166 (utilizing the 250 chip) seems a little more attractive due to reverse polarity protection and balanced 2A charging.....am I barking up the right tree here? Fresh batts that stay as matched as possible and the ability to charge in device, safely. Seems more than worth the extra $$$ to me

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I know that this is technically OT, but gray area grace, please, as this absolutely applies to the new flurry of Splinter additions coming to the wild.........

From what I can deduce, even though I don't need the power for the Splinter, the DNA166 (utilizing the 250 chip) seems a little more attractive due to reverse polarity protection and balanced 2A charging.....am I barking up the right tree here? Fresh batts that stay as matched as possible and the ability to charge in device, safely. Seems more than worth the extra $$$ to me
Just in case you don't know about this thread. ...http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...ing-for-on-demand-convection-510-vapes.25465/

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Thanks @Alegre I’ve been reading that entire thread, just now that a flood of specific atty’s are headed our way, I think that it’s appropriate to have a little burst of specific, contextual conversation about the external devices we sometimes need to get things “Just so”. Similar to lighters for VapCaps and batts for unregulated devices.......just my thoughts, as I’m reading lots of threads all over this forum. This is going to be fun!

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Please guys, I know you're getting excited about getting Splinters (and you should be) but I beg you not to force us to condemn you to a shipping thread. If you can restrain yourselves until you actually receive your Splinter, it would reduce the noise level in here substantially. Once you have one, post away, with pics or video if you can.

Concerning mod boxes, having something that can deliver say, 150W is overkill but not a problem. That's what mine is capable of but I've limited it in the firmware to 70, and I rarely go higher than 30.

Thanks @Alegre I’ve been reading that entire thread, just now that a flood of specific atty’s are headed our way, I think that it’s appropriate to have a little burst of specific, contextual conversation about the external devices we sometimes need to get things “Just so”. Similar to lighters for VapCaps and batts for unregulated devices.......just my thoughts, as I’m reading lots of threads all over this forum. This is going to be fun!

There's no way we can avoid some mod box chatter, nor do we want to. I'd just ask people to do as @Alegre just did, and try to steer exchanges longer than one or two responses to the mod box thread.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Had to drive up to UPS to get the screens but they now are in my possession. All pre-orders will ship tomorrow USPS priority (US) first class mail (international)

The delay in the screens was due to a change in mesh size. The open area was reduced to help stop bits from passing into your mouth and add a little stall presssure the load. They where also optimized for size to be a light press fit in the glass... off to test em now.

almost there

Anyone consider the Vapeman Steam engine? DNA75 and would look pretty badass with the Splinter: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10039905/8645600-authentic-vapeman-steam-engine-dna75-75w-tc-vw
I spent a good portion of tonite watching the YouTube reviews on that, lol. Besides the wobbly buttons everything else looks good to me. The cheapest I found for that was like $78 but I have no experience with buying mods so I don’t know who the reliable vendors are.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm going to try to explain to you guys the key difference between Wattage mode and Temp Control...which may also lead to an explanation as to why I prefer wattage mode for 14mm microdosing and TC for 18mm big hits or sessions.

With wattage mode, holding down the trigger for x amount of time compared to Y amount of time makes a huge difference...starting from literally the second you press the button. Huh? We'll use 28 Watts as an example. With the extra distance from the 14mm needing a higherish temp, I consider 28 Watts a medium temp, if anything on the lower side of medium (I normally use 30-31W to finish a 14mm bowl). This is with a constant, and that constant is about 5 second preheat. If I make that 5 second preheat a 1 second preheat, this medium temp I know and love suddenly seems like a much lower temp. On the more extreme side, if this 5 second preheat turns into a 30 second preheat, that medium temp is now nearly an instant combustion temp. The same temp that would never combust under my normal constant settings now becomes a combustion machine (maybe this is why @funkyjunky says DO NOT use cruise mode with wattage...is it because the temp will climb to levels far higher than what we intended?). What does this remind you guys of? If you guessed Milaana you are correct (someone has also mentioned this..wattage mode is similar to Milaana). A 5 second preheat vape is near perfect for a great draw, 0 second preheat and the vape seems pretty weak for the first draw or 2, and 30 seconds you are either overwhelmed with black abv vapor or you combust (obviously not so black and white, lot of grey areas with these vapes but it's to get the message across). The Splinter in wattage mode is basically a finely-tuneable Milaana.

With Temp Control Mode, holding the trigger for 1-10 seconds or so will make a little bit of a difference as the vape warms up, but after a certain amount of time, the temperature seems to almost 100% steady out. The fluctuations are so small that you can preheat for 2 minutes if you want and get nearly the same hit that you'd get if you preheated for 30 seconds. It's not like an adjustable Milaana, but more like a log vape or an LSV, where the temp you select is the temp you get once it's warmed up. Difference is, the Splinter has the signature HSA RBT heater, takes nearly 5-10 seconds to start getting vapor from cold, has an actual temperature readout, and is completely portable.

I think the reason I lean towards wattage mode for the 14mm is it's such a small amount of herb concentrated in a tiny area that the rising temp actually helps really penetrate the bottom of the load. I just can't get the same full bodied results with such a small amount with TC mode as consistently. With the 18mm, I don't want a rising temp, I want a perfectly steady temp to evenly cook the nicely spread out herb. This way I can do 30 second draws if I really wanted to and have 0 concern whatsoever of getting any color abv other than what I wanted. I can get nearly the exact result I want by just setting the number to whatever worked last time. Want a flavor rip? Preheat 15 seconds to ensure vape is at X temp you set, and draw. What a huge rip? Preheat 15 seconds to ensure vape is at Y temp you set and get a huge rip. Every time.

Hope this makes sense! haha. These are just my results so far and some things I've noticed. Again, it isn't completely as black and white as I say but these are just patterns I've noticed between the two modes and the best way I knew how to explain em.

Super stoked to have people compare findings with me. Been loving when @pakalolo joins in and elaborates on a point I have or finds similar or even different results, and I can't wait for this Thursday/Friday/Saturday when the Splinter lands in homes all around the US (the world?). You guys are all probably so anxious waiting for your Splinters ... and trust me, I feel the same waiting for you guys to get yours. I was going to say keep me updated on your shipping status, but please don't, as that would force mods to move tons of posts to a new thread they don't want to make to begin with, haha!

I really think you guys are going to love this thing assuming you get it working as well as me. If your mod is awful I don't know what to tell you. I don't think I have an incredible mod, it's nice though, just nothing top of the line, it's like a $50 wismec, and it works amazing. (fyi, I've never used a box mod in my life). Not going to get started on mods though, just putting it down in case people were going to ask me, as I'd prefer to avoid that because I have a feeling this thread is going to get pretty busy with orders being shipped! (I've talked about it in previous posts for anyone new joining us who hasn't been following recently).

Can't waaaaaaait for everyone to get theirs!! Any questions just ask. I'll try to make a video of setting the resistances with FJ's upgrade because I know some people are probably stressed about it. It's honestly super easy, and there's tons of people here who are willing to help through Direct Messages. Don't feel overwhelmed, it really is easy.

Zcc84f5.jpg

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I've got an evic primo. Will the tubo firmware work on it? I've tried updating via the joytech updater and nfirmwareeditor and neither work. Both tell me my hardware isn't suitable for the firmware.

Cheesequake,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom