Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano

I'm not sure what was causing my previous issues but I have sense loaded Arctic Fox. The only thing I have changed is the timeout setting to 15 seconds. Is there anything else I need to change or can I simply use it varying the watts alone?
If I'm not mistaken you can adjust to the type of coils you have and everything else but I don't know if thats even necessary.

For those of you that adjust the watts and start in a range of 25, do you notice clouds at that level? I get decent flavor but thats about it. It's not really until I increase it to 30-35 watts that I notice any vapor at all. At 40 the clouds are visible but you sacrifice that for flavor.

On my Crafty I'm use to temp control using the mobile app. I could start a session as low as 365*F and the flavor would be insane with light wispy vapor. I could slowly increase the temp in increments of 5 and stretch one bowl out to 15 hits or so.

Since I don't know how watts equate to temperature I'm not sure what 25 would even be compared to.

eideal852

What world do we live in when people cant wait 10seconds or less lol

"This is what people are like now: they've got their phones and they're like 'ugh, it won't--' GIVE IT A SECOND! It's going to SPACE! Can you give it a second to get back from space?? Is the speed of light too slow for you?!"</ck>

Yeah I don't even considering it waiting, I start my draw slow as the heater warms up along with me. Setting the wattage basically controls how fast it will heat up (along with how hot it will get of course)
yeah, im with you too, but there IS a difference. I feel the Z shines with a bit more heat... none of them crossover anywhere NEAR session times, I just prefer the Z when its warmed up. when I think session, I think 10 MINUTES. warm up an arizer air/solo/2/argo- fuck, keep it HOT, then try and extract a stem with anything close to the speed you can get with an ondemand jammy.

I stand by my opinion that from cold, the v1/v2 will do you as right as a cold Z. ESPECIALLY if you're worrying that you need to drop an extra bill to test...

HerbieVonVapster

Threads moving fast so just in case my edit was missed here is a and example of 2 second draw on the splinterZ.

2q3qez8.png

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm not sure what was causing my previous issues but I have sense loaded Arctic Fox. The only thing I have changed is the timeout setting to 15 seconds. Is there anything else I need to change or can I simply use it varying the watts alone?
If I'm not mistaken you can adjust to the type of coils you have and everything else but I don't know if thats even necessary.

For those of you that adjust the watts and start in a range of 25, do you notice clouds at that level? I get decent flavor but thats about it. It's not really until I increase it to 30-35 watts that I notice any vapor at all. At 40 the clouds are visible but you sacrifice that for flavor.

On my Crafty I'm use to temp control using the mobile app. I could start a session as low as 365*F and the flavor would be insane with light wispy vapor. I could slowly increase the temp in increments of 5 and stretch one bowl out to 15 hits or so.

Since I don't know how watts equate to temperature I'm not sure what 25 would even be compared to.

So I love flavor chasinng low temps, and I actually rarely start that low. If you do, that is an example of where you might benefit from a little more preheat, it will naturally temp step hit after hit a bit, but you can try doing that at 30 and above too. Even with the ability to control power with the watts, it is still a pretty manual experience, so comparing it to a temp control session vape like the crafty can be a bit misleading. You could even start at 40 watts and just don't hold the button too long. Hang in there and I'm sure you'll find the range and usage style that gives you what you are after :tup:

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Quick update on sales: sneaky pete has V1 and V2 for $99 and the code "420" can still be used for 20% off. $79 V2 up for grabs rn.
Never mind that bullshit I was talking about not getting a V2 I guess. Thanks for the tip man!

I'd be using the Z at first with an Espion 200W and then a Lost Vape Paranormal if it ever arrives from China. Honestly, does it sound like the Z's going to be wasted in my use pattern? I'd like to know sooner than later, so I can cancel the preorder, get a refund and buy a v2.
The Paranormal is gonna rock with a custom Z. Herbie's ecigprofile and maybe a resistance tweak and you'll be in fantastic shape.

Let me spark mine up now to remind myself what the cold start experience is like...

It's all good: just tried my custom Z on the Paranormal dna250c with Herbie's ecigprofile and my first hit from a cold start at 370° and .4ohms was still cloudy and smooth. Just hold the button down early for a bit of preheat or set it in the profile like Herbie says and you're sorted.

This is a funny little culdedac for us because everyone with a Z is trying to tell you it's amazing on the first bowl too, it's just next level after it gets going.

Also the Z has always been the most even abv of all the Splinters, something you'll appreciate at any cadence.

Does anybody with a Paranormal now how to extend the ten second puff time? I bumped mine to twenty in the safety tab of escribe but it didn't take.

HerbieVonVapster

Does anybody with a Paranormal now how to extend the ten second puff time? I bumped mine to twenty in the safety tab of escribe but it didn't take.

Just answered that one in another thread so here you go.

Open escribe and make sure you are in manufacture mode. (toolbar under options user interface)

Then got to safety tab increase maxs puff time to 20 seconds.

The click mod tab under it is another safety tab increase manufacture maxs puff time to 20 seconds.

flammy

Does the Splinter v2 even fit on a pico istick that you get from PIU?

I don't believe that the Pico is sold packaged with the splinter. I think they sell it with the SAI. But no, I think you need a heatsink for it to fit.

I have another noob question. Why are Lost Vape mods more expensive than the rest? Even compared to other DNA mods, its pricier. I have a Reuleaux DNA250 on the way...that will work just as well as the paranormal right? TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
cool... 6 bux isn't too bad until I can grab a used DNA mod. Missed out on a couple Lost Vape Paranormal/Therions already for as low as $80... gotta be quick!

beiberhole69,

flammy

cool... 6 bux isn't too bad until I can grab a used DNA mod. Missed out on a couple Lost Vape Paranormal/Therions already for as low as $80... gotta be quick!

These deals are used ones right? No concerns regarding buying these second hand? Where are you finding them? TIA.

flammy,

HerbieVonVapster

I have another noob question. Why are Lost Vape mods more expensive than the rest? Even compared to other DNA mods, its pricier. I have a Reuleaux DNA250 on the way...that will work just as well as the paranormal right? TIA.

It work fine with the FCSHARE DNA250 download. File is based on the Reuleaux DNA250 mod. A lot of us use this same mod.

The DNA250 doesn't offer all the bell and whistles of newer the DNAc chips. Performance is still excellent on it.

One thing is the batteries the LG HG2 are what I recommend with this mod. Other brand are a tad wider and battery door doesn't always sit flush with some. The custom battery file also based on this brand. If haven't purchased batteries keep this in mind.

Just checked mine I bought it last June and it has 14,696 puffs on it. Really not much to complain about with this guy.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
These deals are used ones right? No concerns regarding buying these second hand? Where are you finding them? TIA.

Yep, although I did find a new Therion for $99, but I think it's a lower powered one. TBH, I don't know a whole lot about these box mods... is buying 2nd hand dumb? I mean... I'm a straight idiot with these things really. I still don't know how to check the resistance of different coils on my pico... tried googling and reading the manual... still clueless.

ETA: oh yea... I've been browsing used ones on reddit's ecigclassifieds

beiberhole69,

flammy

It work fine with the FCSHARE DNA250 download. File is based on the Reuleaux DNA250 mod. A lot of us use this same mod.

The DNA250 doesn't offer all the bell and whistles of newer the DNAc chips. Performance is still excellent on it.

One thing is the batteries the LG HG2 are what I recommend with this mod. Other brand are a tad wider and battery door doesn't always sit flush with some. The custom battery file also based on this brand. If haven't purchased batteries keep this in mind.

Just checked mine I bought it last June and it has 14,696 puffs on it. Really not much to complain about with this guy.

So I already purchased batteries. Got Samsung 30Q 18650 Battery 3000mAh INR18650-30Q Rechargeable Flat Top. I had no idea that I needed to get specific batteries for this mod. TIA.

flammy,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom