Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get really really stoned and take some wet/dry emery cloth (wet) and go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round.... a bunch of times. In a year or so, it will be 19/19.

(Tip: Or, use a Dremmel tool.)

Grifo

Get really really stoned and take some wet/dry emery cloth (wet) and go round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round.... a bunch of times. In a year or so, it will be 19/19.

I have a dremel. Ill try that i guess :shrug: im a little disappointed though.

Grifo,

eideal852

Tell me more. You gotta just go slow? Note: I will likely not attempt anyway.

eideal852,

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
If anyone is going to use a Dremel on glass I highly advise you put it on it's lowest setting, and submerge the glass in water, this will help prevent it from cracking sure to thermal shock but I've still had glass crack on me doing this. You gotta go really slow too, let the Dremel do the work and don't apply pressure.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I believe it's been said before in this thread. Moving the material away from the heater and heater screen improved performance. It was either that or increase the length of the Splinter by 3mm. IIRC
This makes very good sense.
Thanks for the history lesson. This is the first vape I've owned for which I haven't read it's thread from page 1.
I'll try to be a better listener for a while!

vapviking,
Reactions: eideal852

Grifo

holy shit i just combusted a whole bowl with ease with the splinter....... like i cashed it lol i forget my pre heat is high and i triple clicked it in between 15 seconds. idk how i feel about it. :mmmm:

Grifo,
Reactions: Al..

Grifo

Wife & I let it get a little too hot (V1 , that is...) and had some combustion in there. Yuk!
I know how I feel about it!
Flavor lingered into the next bowl, I did a quick iso clean of stem/screen and it's resolved. This vape is so easy to clean!
eh not that I would do it again on purpose but it was pleasantly smooth and didnt taste all that bad and I slept like a baby right after. :smug:

I feel like it tastes worse when it doesnt white ash. Like when it's just on the edge of Combustion. Then it tastes like shit. But idk might depend on the cannabis too.:cheers:

eideal852

eh not that I would do it again on purpose but it was pleasantly smooth and didnt taste all that bad and I slept like a baby right after. :smug:

I feel like it tastes worse when it doesnt white ash. Like when it's just on the edge of Combustion. Then it tastes like shit. But idk might depend on the cannabis too.:cheers:
Yeah, I feel like TOASTING isnt quite the same (you might even get a near black spot; think burning w a magnifying glass, prior to, well, combustion!). I've neared combustion many times with SSV, EV2, Milaana, and now V1., but only ever COMBUUUUSTED once w the SSV. it's ACRID, smooooke. it made my whip reek, and needed a real cleaning to get rid of (likely like you had to vapviking) but toasty is just a reminder to stir and ease off!

eideal852,
Reactions: -dab8-

Grifo

Yep it was the wine talking. LOL came home from work and i would smell the combustion on my rig. YUCK. lol cleaned all my glass now my hands smell. :mental:

eideal852

Yep it was the wine talking. LOL came home from work and i would smell the combustion on my rig. YUCK. lol cleaned all my glass now my hands smell. :mental:
Haha, Yeah I got close w Mi2 on hazy-ipa-home-bar-night night... Not as good at sensing the heat in the troat i guess!

eideal852,

Grifo

Haha, Yeah I got close w Mi2 on hazy-ipa-home-bar-night night... Not as good at sensing the heat in the troat i guess!
LMAO alcohol im pairs judgement so its just us trying to take the fattest rip possible.

EDIT: man im trying to decide if i want a Z or Milana

eideal852

LMAO alcohol im pairs judgement so its just us trying to take the fattest rip possible.

EDIT: man im trying to decide if i want a Z or Milana
You have a v1? Go Milaana, (note: I don't have a Z) I def get the impression that they're fairly similar (think same truck, automatic, V6 vs V8), whereas the Milaana is an absolutely different beast, think manual rally car. whether that is a plus for you I dont know...

Grifo

You have a v1? Go Milaana, (note: I don't have a Z) I def get the impression that they're fairly similar (think same truck, automatic, V6 vs V8), whereas the Milaana is an absolutely different beast, think manual rally car. whether that is a plus for you I dont know...
nah i got my splinter right before a v1, which is why i was worried about damaging my heater screen, according to Ryan he only made a hand full of them. Its a 4 hole/hi flo splinter. Think im going to go Z then milaana since hes making another version.

Grifo,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Actually Milaana and Splinter have same heater, the difference is having a full unit with battery power that is unregulated vs separate taller with a mod to control power. You can have a similar Milaana experience with the Splinter, only with the wattage regulated (aside from the potential temp control systems) instead of being dependent on your battery level -- you choose the voltage instead of it choosing you. The Z has a larger, more intricate heater, like the original Zion, so it will offer a totally different experience (albeit still very similar and yeah with mod power for regulation -- sorta similar to original Zion regulation). So yeah any Splinter can be used more manually, but Z does offer the more different experience. Milaana just offers the complete vape without needing a mod, but unregulated and yes more manual.

nah i got my splinter right before a v1, which is why i was worried about damaging my heater screen, according to Ryan he only made a hand full of them. Its a 4 hole/hi flo splinter. Think im going to go Z then milaana since hes making another version.

Yeah I'd recommend a 2 hole Z to compliment your 4 hole US Splinter, and if you grab one now it will be a US Z (since there will be China ones like V1 soon, not sure if they will use ceramic instead of mica like the new V2 though)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: KeroZen

Grifo

Yeah I'd recommend a 2 hole Z to compliment your 4 hole US Splinter, and if you grab one now it will be a US Z (since there will be China ones like V1 soon, not sure if they will use ceramic instead of mica like the new V2 though)
Whats the difference between those two? Do you think the v1z will be cheaper?

Grifo,
Reactions: Mangu

Mangu

The V1 Z will most likely be cheaper since all of his Chinese versions have been slightly lower in price than US “custom” versions (Splinter & cooling stems).

I have both a V1 Splinter and Splinter Z. IMO both are very similar, but my opinion is limited to Wattage mode for both....from what I keep reading the TC settings offer very different experience. I also have a Milaana and I actually prefer the Milaana over my Z. The V1 w/ mod does offer a similar experience but the full package of a Milaana is something unique in itself.....so I guess that’s a official vote for Milaana!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I couldn't say, the ceramic is a new change and I have not tried it yet. The earliest zions actually used glass, but I wouldn't expect much noticeable effect... These all perform pretty and the differences are more to personal taste.

Don't get me wrong I love the Milaana, since beta testing one of the first (and I have two more), but even in power mode the Splinters offer more. I still only have a Z though aside from my Zions and it is my go to, with temp control it'll be another level. I will get a V2 as well

Summer

Long Island, NY
vapviking) but toasty is just a reminder to stir and ease off!

:nod:

Moving the material away from the heater and heater screen improved performance. It was either that or increase the length of the Splinter by 3mm. IIRC

Well, it could have been been gotten around simply by putting a rimless basket screen 3mm deeper into a 19/22mm joint. No?

Milaana just offers the complete vape without needing a mod, but unregulated and yes more manual.

The Mi1 & 1.5 were unregulated, but Mi2 is regulated like the Splinter.

I have 1 of the earliest Splinters. I bought it before announcement of the Z. If I had to do it over again, I would only have gotten the Z. The heater has far more gusto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom