Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

entirely_foreign

Couple of questions:

Those of you with XL8R and XL8R Jr (current iteration is the king kooling kit), which one do you prefer? Full stem or jr? Is there a reason to have both? I never take my splinter out (and only foresee myself doing so on trips) and mostly vape on my back porch.

For those of your with @funkyjunky firmware - what TCR setting do you use? I believe FJ comes with 175 native, I've seen some numbers thrown around, but they're scattered all over the threads. What about the rest of your TC settings?

entirely_foreign,
Reactions: ataxian

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
For those of your with @funkyjunky firmware - what TCR setting do you use? I believe FJ comes with 175 native, I've seen some numbers thrown around, but they're scattered all over the threads. What about the rest of your TC settings?

The tubo firmware comes with the TCR set to 180, you don't need to change this as it is optimized for stainless steel. The only value you need to change it the tubo number, which is just your resistance. You can change it by going into the menu>coils>manage and then set the tubo value to your resistance and make sur the lock icon is locked.

Monkeyhouse,

entirely_foreign

The tubo firmware comes with the TCR set to 180, you don't need to change this as it is optimized for stainless steel. The only value you need to change it the tubo number, which is just your resistance. You can change it by going into the menu>coils>manage and then set the tubo value to your resistance and make sur the lock icon is locked.

Ok, so I do have the resistance set and locked, which is good. Just to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else, how do you get into TCR setting? I'm not looking at it now, but I'm pretty sure mine's at 175 and I didn't change it (so I might be looking at the wrong thing).

entirely_foreign,

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
Ok, so I do have the resistance set and locked, which is good. Just to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else, how do you get into TCR setting? I'm not looking at it now, but I'm pretty sure mine's at 175 and I didn't change it (so I might be looking at the wrong thing).
So instead of selecting manage click tubo in the coil sub menu. I just checked and the Tubo firmware is actually set to 185 not 180.

Monkeyhouse,

Hippie

TCR 185, 40W max power, 190 ish degrees C
Measure the cold resistance, subtract .01 and increase the resistance in .001 increments to increase the temp (or vice versa if too hot)
My waitlister is set at minus .011 and the V1 is minus .007

The TCR is the rate of change of temp with resistance so if adding 10 degrees doesn't feel like adding 10 degrees you can adjust the TCR value in the same way as adjusting the resistance (increase the TCR to increase the temp), and adjust the resistance accordingly.

EditEditeEditEdited due to tablet nightmare <<<< like that

Hippie,

eideal852

TCR 185, 40W max power, 190 ish degrees C
Measure the cold resistance, subtract .01 and increase the resistance in .001 increments to increase the temp (or vice versa if too hot)
My waitlister is set at minus .011 and the V1 is minus .007

The TCR is the rate of change of temp with resistance so if adding 10 degrees doesn't feel like adding 10 degrees you can adjust the TCR value in the same way as adjusting the resistance (increase the TCR to increase the temp), and adjust the resistance accordingly.

EditEditeEditEdited due to tablet nightmare <<<< like that

And with that, I think i've decided on stock FW....

eideal852,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
V1 and a reulaux dual are on their way to me. Pretty excited. I have a milaana 1.5, that I like ok, but think I will love in regulated form

I just ordered a v1! Pretty damn excited. I have a bunch of mods..but was curious if anyone had any experience with the geek vape 26650 aegis. I like that the 510 base is wide and may look good together with the splinter. And if so maybe some different settings to play with. Thanks

Try the V1 on a DNA with the ecigprofile from this page at some point. That's the best performance I've experienced. I have a DNAC on the way in case it gets even better.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Try the V1 on a DNA with the ecigprofile from this page at some point. That's the best performance I've experienced. I have a DNAC on the way in case it gets even better.
Which DNAc do you have on order? I lust for something the style of the HCigar with more venting. I really don't care if it is the 75 or 250, as for our use the 75 should be plenty.

cybrguy,

Traveler

I was going to ask this as well, I'm guessing a DNA 75 or 60 would work with the escribe Splinter Profile? I have a buddy who has an old epetite (tiny dna60) I might have to try and steal next time I see him

Traveler,

Monkeyhouse

Accessory Maker
isn't the only diff on DNAC is that the screen is color?

The C chips give you access to the menu on the mod more easily than the older chips, this means you don't have to connect your mod to a computer to change settings. The C chips also give you the ability to use replay mode and are apparently more efficient but I'm not sure on that last bit.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Which DNAc do you have on order? I lust for something the style of the HCigar with more venting. I really don't care if it is the 75 or 250, as for our use the 75 should be plenty.

I was going to ask this as well, I'm guessing a DNA 75 or 60 would work with the escribe Splinter Profile? I have a buddy who has an old epetite (tiny dna60) I might have to try and steal next time I see him

I ordered the Paranormal DNA250C for $100 shipped from a slow Chinese store through this deal:
https://cheapvaping.deals/authentic-lost-vape-paranormal-dna-250c-box-mod

I currently use a bronze wismec dna250 from eBay more than my TC mods. Even the non C dna is amazingly even and consistent. I think the move is to stick to wattage with my TC mods and only do temp with the DNA. It's just so much better at it. Even my cheap eleaf Invoke does a fine job at 40W with the og Splinter or the V1. Both it and my other TC mods are iffy in TC. Not bad really, I'm just spoiled to the DNA.

It's really too bad because it'd obviously be nice to shop by size, style, and color and dna mods are more rare and expensive. The Paranormal itself is dumb as shit looking with all the horrendous clashing inlays. I wanted a two cell dnac and compared to the hcigar VT75D the Paranormal seemed worth the extra cash to me. I'll let you know how it performs if it ever gets delivered. I feel like several folks on this thread are using Lost Vape mods with good results.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

He has the bronzey ;)

I don't know why you are still worried about the venting after someone else explained the design. I think it unlikely you'll ever see any venting regardless, have you ever before? You are careful with your batts so why such concern if it is the only one with a design you like?:p

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, I knew he had the RX LE bronze version, I was just wondering what he was adding. I really do want to get a DNA mod, but I am struggling with price and design issues.

I really want a 2 battery mod and the triangle shape feels better in my hand and provides better balance on a water piece. You are right that I care for my batteries and am generally careful about this stuff, including where I get my batteries and which ones I choose. I don't expect to have a battery failure, but if I do I want to minimize the risk as much as I can. I DO understand the potential danger of these high capacity batteries and refuse to minimize it to feel better using them.

I can deal with the potential of burns. What I can't deal with is the potential for an exploding device that is made of metal and doesn't have enough venting in case of a battery runaway. I'm not confident that the USB port provides enough on this mod.

Everyone needs to make their own safety assessments. I'm still struggling with this one. Maybe a new 2 battery triangle shaped DNA mod will come out soon and help me with this decision, but it will likely be out of my price range anyway. I'm going to probably end up with something rectangular after it's been discontinued...

Decisions decisions...

kuzko

Just got my V2 delivered from Vgoodiez. Smooth transaction and fast shipping! The V2 is a beauty, that’s for sure. It’s a tiny bit taller than my classic Splinters. Gonna test it out later. Someone needs to start making smoked glass cooling mouthpieces.

For those that want a 2-battery DNA mod but don’t like the look of the Paranormal, the Lost Vape Therion is a bit nicer looking imo. It’s not as boxy and maybe a little smaller. Just a bit harder to find for sale.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah, I knew he had the RX LE bronze version, I was just wondering what he was adding. I really do want to get a DNA mod, but I am struggling with price and design issues.

I really want a 2 battery mod and the triangle shape feels better in my hand and provides better balance on a water piece. You are right that I care for my batteries and am generally careful about this stuff, including where I get my batteries and which ones I choose. I don't expect to have a battery failure, but if I do I want to minimize the risk as much as I can. I DO understand the potential danger of these high capacity batteries and refuse to minimize it to feel better using them.

I can deal with the potential of burns. What I can't deal with is the potential for an exploding device that is made of metal and doesn't have enough venting in case of a battery runaway. I'm not confident that the USB port provides enough on this mod.

Everyone needs to make their own safety assessments. I'm still struggling with this one. Maybe a new 2 battery triangle shaped DNA mod will come out soon and help me with this decision, but it will likely be out of my price range anyway. I'm going to probably end up with something rectangular after it's been discontinued...

Decisions decisions...

Honestly I'd like to own the ugly Hcigar VT75D too. Do we know if the Paranormal has proper vents? I assumed they vented by the little flip door pooping open or something.

almost there

Honestly I'd like to own the ugly Hcigar VT75D too. Do we know if the Paranormal has proper vents? I assumed they vented by the little flip door pooping open or something.
If I remember correctly the vents for the paranormal are hidden behind the magnetic panels, older models actually have a little vent on the panel itself but on the 250C the panels are ventless.

@cybrguy If you ware willing to part with $120 you can pick up a paranormal 250C from eccigcity.com , there's a 15% off coupon code on one of those vape deal sites.

Shit Snacks

Got my V2 yesterday, haven't used it yet so will be back of course, but wanted to pop in and say it is so stunning! Very very cool seeing RBT gear like this, and yes all my diff 22mm stems fit fine fortunately...

eideal852

Got my V2 yesterday, haven't used it yet so will be back of course, but wanted to pop in and say it is so stunning! Very very cool seeing RBT gear like this, and yes all my diff 22mm stems fit fine fortunately...
yeah, ive had very odd luck: all the it wont work with longer stems stuff (v1/v2/mi2) have better luck than my new (old) mi1

eideal852,

entirely_foreign

Can anybody point me to a 19 to 14 M2M stem on dhgate? Not having a lot of luck searching, and if 19/22 works I'll give it a shot.

entirely_foreign,

Shit Snacks

25tvj2h.jpg

Obviously the photos can't do it justice, but I'll keep trying more later too.

21ovbjo.jpg

Also WOW the fit & finish, and so tiny!

I finally got it set up on this bronze Reuleaux DNA250 after having the iHeat on there previously, breaking in on wattage mode before finding the cold resistance and locking it in for TC. One interesting thing, the Splinter profile did not seem to work properly for some reason, so instead I tried Z profile and it is working perfectly so far... Just milking the low temps for now (315-372) in one of my glass bent stems, this controlled RBT vapor has me swooning even more than the physical attraction now :drool::freak:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom