The Screwball by Vapvana

Kaptan

The stand is one part of the kit I’m not particularly fond of. It’s effective and does what it’s supposed to, but I wish there was a notch somewhere on the handle of the heater so it could set and rest without it slipping and the head then makes contact with the stand. Also, the stand sides are as sharp as a knife. Can the edges be rounded?
This has probably been mentioned earlier in this thread but why wasn’t wood considered for the heater handle to match the handle of the bowl?
Those few things aside…this thing is a beast:science:

2pumpchump

@Necra yea interested in what you come up with. I’ve tried keeping the coil/heater from touching the stand itself. Using a prop for the handle so it sits suspended for the most part. Know it’s fine to rest against as Cal, you, others have it like that in vids. I was thinking some heat might be lost to the stand .. not much though..?
Note the temp gun I know is not exactly the most accurate but is used to give you guys a easy comparison . This video is also a short section of the videos in the full video also show that my DIY pid doesn't have a offset temp and runs the same temperature as the factory pid and same results.
So not entirely sure how I feel on venting a bit of heat yet!

Side note to get a little VAS go the new bowl came in today pictures and thoughts coming soon

TedJones

Good stuff & like your PID, a beast!
I was thinking some heat might be lost to the stand .. not much though..?
Just got done letting it pre-heat against the stand and setting it there during use. No difference that I could tell :tup: What surprised me is the bottom part of the stand didn’t even get warm. Was cool the couple times I checked :o The vertical part though, yea reminded me of working in a commercial kitchen back in the day.

2pumpchump

The stand is one part of the kit I’m not particularly fond of. It’s effective and does what it’s supposed to, but I wish there was a notch somewhere on the handle of the heater so it could set and rest without it slipping and the head then makes contact with the stand. Also, the stand sides are as sharp as a knife. Can the edges be rounded?
This has probably been mentioned earlier in this thread but why wasn’t wood considered for the heater handle to match the handle of the bowl?

As it has been pointed out by some don't care for the handle so hear is a example of 1 I had made also pictures of the new bowl.
I am liking the new half size settings so
So far it seems not get stuck in WP fittings

coolbreeze

@Necra yea interested in what you come up with. I’ve tried keeping the coil/heater from touching the stand itself. Using a prop for the handle so it sits suspended for the most part. Know it’s fine to rest against as Cal, you, others have it like that in vids. I was thinking some heat might be lost to the stand .. not much though..?
I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with the stand. I've had these and never really used them because they seem lightweight and janky, but I used the one in the kit while traveling and was sold. The feet keep it still, and despite the coils laying right on the metal, I can grab it right next to the head and it's cool enough to pick up. I still would rather have something desk-worthy in terms of aesthetics, but I'm otherwise sold on these dumb things as a cheap, easy solution. I think I'd keep the stand for the kit and set up other upgrade tiers maybe of nicer options for handles and stands and things.

Also, if the SB ever goes wireless it will need a good stand (in fact the world needs a good stand now), so that would be a golden opportunity to come up with something special that can be used for both setups. or everybody's setup.

Last edited:

2pumpchump

I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised with the stand. I've had these and never really used them because they seem lightweight and janky, but I used the one in the kit while traveling and was sold. The feet keep it still, and despite the coils laying right on the metal, I can grab it right next to the head and it's cool enough to pick up. I still would rather have something desk-worthy in terms of aesthetics, but I'm otherwise sold on these dumb things as a cheap, easy solution. I think I'd keep the stand for the kit and set up other upgrade tiers maybe of nicer options for handles and stands and things.

Also, if the SB ever goes wireless it will need a good stand (in fact the world needs a good stand now), so that would be a golden opportunity to come up with something special that can be used for both setups. or everybody's setup.
Very well put I was trying to think of a way to put my biggest complaints is mostly cosmetic. I would like to see a little more weight to the stand but is fine for the starter kit . As if it's your first ball/gem vape does come with everything but a 18mm rig . And most will customize it there way and that is some of the problem with the deluxe versions is what fit in place in your space looks like a duck in a 🐊 pit it does not belong. is what fits my decor

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Very well put I was trying to think of a way to put my biggest complaints is mostly cosmetic. I would like to see a little more weight to the stand but is fine for the starter kit . As if it's your first ball/gem vape does come with everything but a 18mm rig . And most will customize it there way and that is some of the problem with the deluxe versions is what fit in place in your space looks like a duck in a 🐊 pit it does not belong. is what fits my decor
Frikkin awesome! Now we're talking!

Fwiw, the kit could include a cheap optional 14mm-18mm dropdown, just to save folks the trouble. Probably be cheaper to get them in bulk, etc.

2pumpchump

Frikkin awesome! Now we're talking!

Fwiw, the kit could include a cheap optional 14mm-18mm dropdown, just to save folks the trouble. Probably be cheaper to get them in bulk, etc.
Actually I would like to see a internal adapter to keep hight and overall bulk down as well currently working with 2 different concepts

Last edited:

TedJones

the stand sides are as sharp as a knife. Can the edges be rounded?
Don’t see why not and good idea! I might go get a small fine hand file and have at it. I’m always putting it away when not using for awhile, and could see an unintentional cut or two in the future.

Really digging how easy the screen stays clean. A sharp poker grazing it removes just about everything. A quick blow through the back of the bowl and ready to rock as if new. Chugger approved too! The wide open airflow works well with the CC Influx. Here’s a pull & 1/2, lightly packed, bowl view, through it :nod:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
This device is for serious session users: the hits are incredible. I have numerous vaping devices but none come close to the screwball for ease of use. I'm going to reduce the size of the bowl so I can do smaller, more manageable hits. What a great machine!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
This device is for serious session users: the hits are incredible. I have numerous vaping devices but none come close to the screwball for ease of use. I'm going to reduce the size of the bowl so I can do smaller, more manageable hits. What a great machine!
what do you mean by session users sorry for being an idiot right now?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The Screwball, to me, is not for the casual user. It's not a 'one hit and I'm done' kind of device. When I decide to use the Screwball, it's for more than 1 hit: a session of hits, really. With a goal of getting stoned.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The Screwball, to me, is not for the casual user. It's not a 'one hit and I'm done' kind of device. When I decide to use the Screwball, it's for more than 1 hit: a session of hits, really. With a goal of getting stoned.
I had a giggle.... I didn't read it that way.

I totally bastardize this terminology when I talk... When I talk about the different devices I have as I think of all of my devices as "session" devices (to reference your version of the terminology) - that is I use all of my devices for more than one hit with the intention of getting stoned... except for... maybe... actually... I do have a one hitter and its the QaromaShop Taroma 360.

I use my Vestratto Anvil (x2) and Tempest (one day x2) for example by chaining bowls one after the other without rest (6-7-8 in a row, easily) which is my version of having a "session"... I would only ever stop... (using the Anvil for example) when I packed the bowl, screwed the bowl into my oven and then forgot to heat it... 5 or ten minutes later I realise I have the Anvil and a lighter in my hand... a key indicator of a successful session...

My QaromaShop Taroma 360 is a one hitter... I layer flower, hash, flower, hash, flower and then add a large dab of rosin or shatter on the top... maybe 0.5 to 0.7g of flower all up.... put the housing on and wait until the rosin/shatter has melted down into the flower and then.... 6th full breaths in, the vapour is still coming, so dense and heavy I'm wondering if its ever going to end and I usually have to give up and pull the bowl as I can't do any more... there is still vapor... I just don't have it left in me to breath it in.... now that's a one hitter... I can have that one bowl/hit and sit down for 15 minutes.... well maybe 10..... 5 minutes.... before needing another bowl...

I am looking forwards to figuring out if the Screwball is a "session" vape or a "one hitter" for me :p... more so, I hope the trend continues and the new desktop vape out performs the last desktop vape I got.

I'd say a session user is somebody who likes to spend a bit of time vaping their bowl rather than trying to hit it like a 1-hitter. It's confusing trying to follow all the terminology used on this forum sometimes don't be apologizing!
thanks mate

JohnnyTorres

It's not a 'one hit and I'm done' kind of device.

I tend to disagree, as I use it mainly as a one hit and I'm done vape, and it excels compared to my others. The on demand, instant extraction makes it easy to do one fully medicating hit and be on my way, instead of sipping on dynavaps all day.

It is not for the casual user who only needs light medication or a little stone at night to wind down, but I would hesitate to put any other label on it, because it works for so many use cases! One hit, session, high temp, low temp, clouds or slow whispy extraction, this thing rocks it all!

coolbreeze

I am looking forwards to figuring out if the Screwball is a "session" vape or a "one hitter" for me :p
It's kinda both. Turn up for quick blasts, turn down for longer multi-hit sessions. Half-bowl helps here too. The point is, hold on to your hat either way!
more so, I hope the trend continues and the new desktop vape out performs the last desktop vape I got.
I think this might be effectively the "most powerful" vape I have. Others also have huge capacity so it's hard to compare, but the SB even in low-temp session mode makes tons of vapor and the effects are powerful. It is an MFer for sure!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I'm not trying to pigeon-hole the screwball. If it works as a one hitter for you, cool. That's why I qualified my statement, "to me". I'm away from home, so I don't have a dedicated vaping spot in my timeshare. As a chronic user, I'm taking hits all-day, just not usually all at once.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Any Aussies get a kit?
What plug / kit did you get? (3rd Photo).

It’s very rare I get something from overseas.

I ask just because of the jug plug cable I was sent isn’t the Aussie one - I don’t want to grab an Aussie jug plug and have something go wrong when I turn it in or try and use it.

I'm not trying to pigeon-hole the screwball. If it works as a one hitter for you, cool. That's why I qualified my statement, "to me". I'm away from home, so I don't have a dedicated vaping spot in my timeshare. As a chronic user, I'm taking hits all-day, just not usually all at once.
I wasn’t personally taking it as pigeon holding I was amused at how different people express similar things. I liked your post and explanation, I wouldn't have even thought about the way I use it had you not shared your opinion so I apricate it mate

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Any Aussies get a kit?
What plug / kit did you get? (3rd Photo).

It’s very rare I get something from overseas.

I ask just because of the jug plug cable I was sent isn’t the Aussie one - I don’t want to grab an Aussie jug plug and have something go wrong when I turn it in or try and use it.

I wasn’t personally taking it as pigeon holding I was amused at how different people express similar things.
1 of the early adopters was was from doown under I believe he had to rewire im looking back through the tread

2pumpchump,
Reactions: Vapvana

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
1 of the early adopters was was from doown under I believe he had to rewire im looking back through the tread
thank you, this was something I wanted to check first... I'll wait for @Vapvana Cal to get online as I am sure they're asleep at the moment

It looks like its all 220V compatible (on the cord of the coil and on the jug plug) and i'm 240V so I think its compatible but... I am not risking things on a guess

Top Bottom